Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Purple Haze is actually incredibly dangerous to Diavolo. It's virus is invisible and affects everything in the area so he can't just dodge it as easily as he can everything else with his time-skip and the virus doesn't show signs fast enough to be able to foresee it with Epitaph, which only see's ten seconds into the future.

If he tries to do his usual plan of teleporting in close and immediately attacking there's still a not insignificant chance of a bulb breaking and him getting infected. And I don't think he can skip passed his entire body melting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Do you think fugo was written out because he’s a direct counter or because araki wanted trish instead and that would have been too many people

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused about how Narancia's death worked there. I guess the real reason is that Araki loved the scary things he could do with The World so much he couldn't resist repeating them.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

Do you think fugo was written out because he’s a direct counter or because araki wanted trish instead and that would have been too many people

I'm pretty sure the confirmed reason is that originally Fugo was going to betray the gang, but Araki couldn't bring himself to write it.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
So Diavalo is in Polnareff's body, right? If Bruno's corpse is good enough for a soul, I don't see why his wouldn't be.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TGLT posted:

I'm pretty sure the confirmed reason is that originally Fugo was going to betray the gang, but Araki couldn't bring himself to write it.

I feel like I recall seeing this in an interview.

I'm inclined to believe this is the reason that Chocolate has a similar power and also gets an absurdly long beating that would be appropriate for a traitor (aside from him being a horrible murderer, of course), not to mention Giorno already having a vaccine for PH.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 22, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SpartanIvy posted:

So Diavalo is in Polnareff's body, right? If Bruno's corpse is good enough for a soul, I don't see why his wouldn't be.

If it went Diavalo->Polnareff->Turtle that would mean the turtle must be in Buccellati, which doesn't seem to be the case since it got up.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

TGLT posted:

yeah, that's 100% the reason he gave in an interview. jojo was a weekly publication for forever so i can imagine after a point he'd been planning it but just wasn't feeling it when it came time.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
over the clouds and away with my ❤

diavolo... u dun finally overwrote your hotness, fuccboi

I still don't get why folks can't understand 「CK」. Just think of it as

too late.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

King Crimson does whatever the heck it wants to.

Also, I have no idea how they expected Giorno to heal that steel rod through the head.

"I wish Abbacchio and Fugo were here to see me now, only one day away from retirement."

Giorno didn't die when his body was killed.

A steel rod through the head seems like a perfect situation for Giorno's brand of healing. He's got all the raw materials he needs right there.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://youtu.be/kCUGuK2tBr0

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Vookatos posted:

Cool! Happy they added them in. Well, in a way. It was heartwrenching more than anything.
Eh, maybe Fugo will get hit by a bus in a week or so, and they will all hang out in heaven.

But then how will we get Purple Haze Feedback

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

RatHat posted:

If it went Diavalo->Polnareff->Turtle that would mean the turtle must be in Buccellati, which doesn't seem to be the case since it got up.

Well the crux of the problem is that we have 1 more soul than body no matter what happens. My thinking is the turtle soul got overwritten because it's a dumb animal, or Diavolo is hiding inside someone as a second personality, kind of like he hides in Doppio without Doppio realizing it.

Actually he's probably in Mista's body with Trish which is why she can't sense him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Am I glad that he's caught in the skipped time in there and we're out here and he's the stand user and that we're bodyswapped out here and that we're in there and I JUST REMEMBERED we're out here!

But what I wanna know is where's the turtle?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Zyla posted:

aaaaa neeed

I bought three of these drat things, like a buffoon. will report back in. october

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

watching it with my brother, he spent the first half of the episode thinking that the turtle was actually Diavolo (since he was the only one we didn't see using their stand), and Polnareff was the one in Bucchirati's body.

"Wait, I have legs again! Amazing, let me just stand up and OH GOD MY LEGS"

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

drat what a gut punch this episode was

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

:colbert:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
drat what an iron gate through the face this episode was

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm trying to catch up but i'm only on Episode 22 right now. Polnareff I'll be tehre soon.

I loving love these stupid crime boys, "gotta escape venice carefully, the enemy could be anywhere. Anyway lets eat a fancy restaurant, talk some bs about vegetarians and beat up anyone who bothers us" :allears:

Mista needs to feed Sex Pistols so he can shoot himself more, duh. Lunch is lunch!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Key phrase there "now that I'm so badly injured". Polnareff was fully "healed" when he threw the wheelchair, not to mention 2 legs lighter(which probably evens out with the wheelchair really).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Also, Silver Chariot lifted Polnareff in his debut when it had barely any injuries, so there's precedent.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

yeah actually they will posted:

I bought three of these drat things, like a buffoon. will report back in. october

The Sex Pistols lipstick is Cool

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Hey guys, this episode made me cry harder than Abbacchio's and now I need to hug something. I already sort of know what happens because manga spoilers but I didn't know how. So it was still quite the emotional shock.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

CJ posted:

Wouldn't breaking metal bars and impaling a body on them make noise though?

I think 99% of all TV and movie would be rendered useless if realistic noise detection was in play. All these people sneaking up on each other and they never get detected because they're protected by a swelling orchestra or pop music playing in their world, all the while wearing like triple layers of clothes rubbing on each other.

irl the noise your shoe makes when creating friction while crouching down in an empty building is like a gunshot. Ironically, the opposite happens with gunshots in fiction where it's only as loud as human speech and someone two rooms down probably won't hear it.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 22, 2019

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

none of this episode made sense but it was good poo poo

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

But then how will we get Purple Haze Feedback
The what now?

Also, I'm starting to think that most of the "Araki forgot" moments are actually what makes Jojo so good. It allows for unexpected absurdity that, at best, makes for a very good comedy. At worst, we get two coffins problem, but let's not talk about that now. Let's take Joseph in part 3, for example. Can you imagine how boring he would be if all he could do with his spirit sense is break cameras? The first joke is good, because it's so specific. He even mentions the price! But as time would go on, it would get stale. Instead, his ability ramps up to using TVs for sound, using TV to get an x-ray of himself, using ash... Same can be said about Star Finger, Polnareff shooting his sword, etc. It's all loving weird, but it works as a one-off joke/cool moment.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6eA7TCw4SM

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

John Pierre Polnareff

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

MY SWEET STUPID CHILD NO

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Vookatos posted:

The what now?

Also, I'm starting to think that most of the "Araki forgot" moments are actually what makes Jojo so good. It allows for unexpected absurdity that, at best, makes for a very good comedy. At worst, we get two coffins problem, but let's not talk about that now. Let's take Joseph in part 3, for example. Can you imagine how boring he would be if all he could do with his spirit sense is break cameras? The first joke is good, because it's so specific. He even mentions the price! But as time would go on, it would get stale. Instead, his ability ramps up to using TVs for sound, using TV to get an x-ray of himself, using ash... Same can be said about Star Finger, Polnareff shooting his sword, etc. It's all loving weird, but it works as a one-off joke/cool moment.

Really, they're all just clever applications of their existing powers. That's the main appeal of Stands.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

A set of black marker pens to draw powerful angular cheekbones on your face.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So there’s been no announcement for Stone Ocean’s adaptation yet, right? When did they announce they were adapting Golden Wind after DIU?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Like a year and a half or something after DiU ended.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

"I didnnnnnnn't."

I want this to be the real dub.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

NickRoweFillea posted:

So there’s been no announcement for Stone Ocean’s adaptation yet, right? When did they announce they were adapting Golden Wind after DIU?

Darko posted:

Like a year and a half or something after DiU ended.

Plus 2 different new shows from David Pro are starting next month, and we already know about another show they're doing in 2020

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

They announced golden wind a few months before it started airing

They really kept a tight lid on it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i forgot the gang are actual outlaws until mista straight-up shot that cop in the face.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TenementFunster posted:

i forgot the gang are actual outlaws until mista straight-up shot that cop in the face.

But it's okay, he's not really a cop and the bullet only went through his cheek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Kwyndig posted:

But it's okay, he's not really a cop and the bullet only went through his cheek.
no, that cop just switched bodies with a different, worse cop and is now gonna die since all the doctors are now babies