Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

eonwe posted:

I'd enjoy the NES switch games if I could remap the controls

Christ yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

eonwe posted:

I'd enjoy the NES switch games if I could remap the controls

I use the x and a buttons cause i dont like having my thumb angled back towards me on b and a

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I got online because I was really interested in Tetris 99 but the nes games are a nice bonus.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Went to the local best buy to try out Luigi Mansion 3 and I can tell you all it was pretty great. Took a friend with me looking for wireless pods when I noticed Luigi Mansion 3 to try out. When my buddy came back to back to me was like, “pause the episode we have to go” and I said, “dude this is for real the game”. The facial expressions, the body movement, the environment, they all looked too good to be in a video game. Hoping this game comes out in September or before because this is a solid game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Discussion > Games > Luigi Looks Too Good To Be In A Video Game

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He walked up to you when you were at a Nintendo Switch demo station and he said "pause the episode"? WTF? Either this is a That Really Happened or your friend is a moron.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Cojawfee posted:

He walked up to you when you were at a Nintendo Switch demo station and he said "pause the episode"? WTF? Either this is a That Really Happened or your friend is a moron.

Cmon now. It could also be copy paste from the Reddit front page

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They’ll add SNES games but you’ll have to get a Switch Pro or Switch mini to get them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

They’ll add SNES games but you’ll have to get a Switch Pro or Switch mini to get them.

If the 3DS was any indication, they will only give access to buying SNES games as an apology to early Switch adopters (USB exploit units only) as an apology. :tinfoil:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

why

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
That paused episode's name? Albert W. Wily

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The best and most interesting NES games aren't even available because the companies that made them either don't exist anymore or the rights are owned by Konami or something and they don't give a poo poo about their games, or at least they haven't until very recently

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Any reason to buy the CTR remake if you have Mario Kart?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Unless you had it as a kid and have a particular nostalgic fondness for it, and even then I'd advise against it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Konstantin posted:

In Mario Kart you get to play as a whole lot of recognizable Mario characters
In Sonic racing or whatever you get to play as some recognizable characters and a bunch of pleasant obscure characters
In CTR you get to play as dreamworks animals and some people with letters on their faces

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Konstantin posted:

No, unless you loved the original.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

It’s been 5 years since the last Mario Kart. How about a new one already

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

a.lo posted:

It’s been 5 years since the last Mario Kart. How about a new one already

Why though? It's just gonna be the same thing for the 10th time and the current one is fine.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I'd buy an expansion pack with four more cups.

Although it would be nice if they tried to mix things up with the next Mario Kart. It's kinda a bummer that Nintendo started the Switch off with BOTW and Odyssey, which seemed to signal their willingness to shake things up considerably, only for the rest of their output to feel very conservative.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Release a new mario golf you cowards

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Frankston posted:

Release a new mario golf you cowards

This, and Strikers. They put Tennis Aces out, so I can dream.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Konstantin posted:

Maybe if you have a ps4 pro.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CTR looks real noce compared to Mario Kart. That’s all I gotta say

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've been misreading CTR as CRT was hoping there was some sort of Labo thing that mimics tvs of yesteryear.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

a.lo posted:

But it’s 30fps rather than 69, soooooooo

E: nice

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Nintendo releases three more NES games no one was asking for... meanwhile the entire SNES, N64, and Gamecube library gathers dust.

Like gently caress just push out Super Mario World and people will poo poo themselves in joy. Add in LttP and you will literally sell millions of online subscriptions.

Meanwhile I'm waiting on Mario Maker 2.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone will recreate all of super Mario world in Mario Maker 2 before Nintendo releases it on the nesflix service

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Someone will recreate all of super Mario world in Mario Maker 2 before Nintendo releases it on the nesflix service

That's what it's there for

duh

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I was actually kind of curious about this. Does Nintendo delete user-created levels that mimic actual Mario levels? Were there recreations of Mario games in Mario Maker 1?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

MK8D is still a very nice looking game imo. It still stands up well to a lot stuff on PS4.

I wish they’d do more DLC for it. If the Captain Toad port could get some then I don’t know why MK can’t.

BisterdDave posted:

I was actually kind of curious about this. Does Nintendo delete user-created levels that mimic actual Mario levels? Were there recreations of Mario games in Mario Maker 1?

They don’t care about that.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
If I had to make wild guesses than it'll be Nintendo wants to have one year of NES releases and will start rolling out SNES games this year starting in October.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

OhFunny posted:

If I had to make wild guesses than it'll be Nintendo wants to have one year of NES releases and will start rolling out SNES games this year starting in October.

They’ll definitely offer it as an incentive for people to reup for another year.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Odd Mutant posted:

Although it would be nice if they tried to mix things up with the next Mario Kart. It's kinda a bummer that Nintendo started the Switch off with BOTW and Odyssey, which seemed to signal their willingness to shake things up considerably, only for the rest of their output to feel very conservative.

I love Mario Kart and would kill to have more of it, however acting like MK8 didn't shake up Mario Kart is disingenuous. The track design in MK8 is otherworldly compared to previous entries.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
MK8 is perfect. I'm completely fine waiting another 4 years for MK9 if it means they get to work on other cool games instead (ARMS not withstanding).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

more dlc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Odd Mutant posted:

It feels like business as usual from Hal, Game Freak, and the rest of the subsidiaries, while the internal Nintendo teams go wild on those games plus arms, labo, etc. Hopefully they get another round of interesting projects out in 2020 or 21.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

yah mk8 deluxe on switch is like pinnacle of cart video gaming

more dlc now that arms is over, please!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Add a track where you race on the arms of the ARMS characters.