Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

H-manga by Igumox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Loud Idiot Couple manga continues their fight for love and safe sex

https://mangadex.org/chapter/644100

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dis & Zepia posted:

Not enough :words: about lewd stuff
In case anyone's curious, the manga is still called Muramata-san's secret and is maybe a series?
I love this goofy couple.
This mangaka is real good; not only do they make stuff that seems to have a wide appeal, they have genuinely engaging and fun characters.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
she also draws hypmic yaoi if you're into that

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I know absolutely nothing about hypmic except that the suit guy with gloves is super hot

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
no one can tell you what the matrix is, you have to see it for yourself https://twitter.com/igumox_bl

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao so the last main chapter of straightforward boyfriend/girlfriend was a pretty typical ridiculous morals committee testing chapter where they were forced to do some pretty hosed up things to prove their honesty or whatever.

So, in sticking with the straightforwardness of the series, this followup chapter deals with the morals committee chairman in a suitable manner

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I stopped reading that part way through the first chapter because I didn't like anything about it, but this latest bit I just kind of feel compelled to read with a look on my face like when someone hears Death Grips for the first time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's good

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao so the last main chapter of straightforward boyfriend/girlfriend was a pretty typical ridiculous morals committee testing chapter where they were forced to do some pretty hosed up things to prove their honesty or whatever.

So, in sticking with the straightforwardness of the series, this followup chapter deals with the morals committee chairman in a suitable manner

It gets annoying how these fictional student councils have authority to get people into situations like this so that look of utter contempt was cathartic as gently caress. My only regret is that this guy wasn't also put through invasive trials to prove some nonsense point.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

So is Death Grips!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Throwing out a recommendation for the chinese court drama murder mystery detective shoujo, Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

https://mangadex.org/chapter/24363/1

e: okay technically it runs in a seinen magazine, but!!

Terper fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 22, 2019

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Terper posted:

Throwing out a recommendation for the chinese court drama murder mystery detective shoujo, Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

I'm a big fan of this one! It's not the height of crime/mystery fiction, but it's really fun and all the characters are great and I want Maomao to kiss Jinshi.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

I'm a big fan of this one! It's not the height of crime/mystery fiction, but it's really fun and all the characters are great and I want Maomao to kiss Jinshi.

Why do you want Jinshi dead? :confused:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maomao/giant pile of toxic weeds otp

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Maomao is my favorite horrible goblin daughter.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Terper posted:

I rmb this manga but it goes deep into victim blaming for one of the ch like why ugly women aren't victims of assualt. It's a shame since it has nice art/theme.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol @ this whole realization sequence (The Two Lions)

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Terper posted:

We can start discussing MaoMao here? I haven't been following the seinen thread since it spawned a pages long dumpster fire over whether or not she's a Mary Sue.

Brought To You By posted:

It gets annoying how these fictional student councils have authority to get people into situations like this so that look of utter contempt was cathartic as gently caress. My only regret is that this guy wasn't also put through invasive trials to prove some nonsense point.

It's not as farfetched when Japan's Idol culture is a very real thing.

Recent events in Saotome have been a tough read in that context. (I know that context is very much implied in Saotome itself)

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I am pretty happy that the dude being a creep in a manga was actually called out for it for once.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Does the characters discussing how the previous chapter was real creepy and unnecessary really change much about the fact the previous chapter was creepy and unnecessary?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Does the characters discussing how the previous chapter was real creepy and unnecessary really change much about the fact the previous chapter was creepy and unnecessary?

The creepiness framed the affirming of a positive, loving, responsible, consensual sexual relationship among a young unwed couple, and portrayed some real, outdated prejudices toward such a thing. Then that healthy relationship is what exposes how creepy and gross the people who want to enforce the construct really are.

This manga is a good forest made up of loud, dumb trees.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Clitch posted:

We can start discussing MaoMao here? I haven't been following the seinen thread since it spawned a pages long dumpster fire over whether or not she's a Mary Sue.

It's not as farfetched when Japan's Idol culture is a very real thing.

Recent events in Saotome have been a tough read in that context. (I know that context is very much implied in Saotome itself)

Saotome is a different take since it's an actual public icon with the associated pressures that come from people trying to maintain an image for her. This was more the anime contrivances of shoving people in lockers and compelling them to wear swim suits to seduce a person while everyone watches. I don't know if the student council in actual japan has that kind of pull in real life.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some student councils in japan do have more authority than seems reasonable. i think it's a relic of the 60's student protests? of course, it's not nearly as ubiquitous and exaggerated as anime portrays it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini is funny and cute :3:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Speaking of cute, this just got a first chapter translated:

https://mangadex.org/title/38628/if-my-wife-became-an-elementary-school-student

And if you are like me and have had your mind irreparably scarred by the internet, it is decidedly, thankfully NOT what you'd think upon reading that title

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Brought To You By posted:

Saotome is a different take since it's an actual public icon with the associated pressures that come from people trying to maintain an image for her. This was more the anime contrivances of shoving people in lockers and compelling them to wear swim suits to seduce a person while everyone watches. I don't know if the student council in actual japan has that kind of pull in real life.

I was thinking more of the panel where the two dorks talk about her like she's their personal incel Madonna. It's the same concept of collective ownership of a woman's "virtue" that's really fueling their gross crusade to the point of using her sexuality as a weapon against the man who dares to treat her like an equal.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new straightforward boyfriend/girlfriend, in which we break away from the main couple (sorta) to follow mako's sister as she checks out their high school as a potential place to go when she graduates.

Shenanigans, inevitably, ensue

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

some student councils in japan do have more authority than seems reasonable. i think it's a relic of the 60's student protests? of course, it's not nearly as ubiquitous and exaggerated as anime portrays it.

60s students were hardcore. May '68 was a thing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Clitch posted:

anyone who i see using mary sue is going straight to hell i am friends with the devil she can make sure that happens

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The Mary Sue discussion was a long while ago and no one's brought up again and the seinen thread approves of Kusuriya. I always look forward to updates.

MaoMao good

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Snooze Cruise posted:

anyone who i see using mary sue is going straight to hell i am friends with the devil she can make sure that happens

Is the devil a Mary-Sue?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Elfface posted:

Is the devil a Mary-Sue?

No you dummy, the sexist trope she is Manic Pixie Dream Girl

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Elfface posted:

Is the devil a Mary-Sue?
That's a pretty good title for a gag manga.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

New Whispering You a Love Song. Below is my expert review of the story so far.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyway I'm glad we've already hit the actual for-real understood-by-both-characters confession this early instead of risking anything becoming too dragged out.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 23, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well, as much as I'd rather it didn't end with graduation, the last chapter of kuzumi-kun is out and very cute.

https://i.imgur.com/np0SUek.png :allears:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Brainamp posted:

New Whispering You a Love Song. Below is my expert review of the story so far.

Yeeeep. Like someone said before when the previous chapter came out, it's nothing conceptually new but the execution is so good it's still great

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/mikami_to_sato_wa_mada_yamashikunai/ these two dorks finally sorted themselves out

There's a spinoff with the friend apparently :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Everything Burrito posted:

http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/mikami_to_sato_wa_mada_yamashikunai/ these two dorks finally sorted themselves out

There's a spinoff with the friend apparently :toot:

What, it's over already?! Man that's a good manga :)