Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I hear if you scream louder the guns go away. :ssh:

E: Also JFC this is like the 5th page of this garbage. It's almost like we're getting no where trying to argue to a leftist that allowing marginalized groups to arm themselves is wrong. Can we seriously drop this poo poo yet?

Jehde has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Jun 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Guns might be illegal but crossbows sure aren't. What if we arm "the gays" with finest crossbows?!?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

difficult to express how reassuring it is - not at all creepy - when reactionaries claim they want to “keep” the “gays” while implying that the alternative is them not getting their way in all things

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
here's a policy we can all agree on: disarm the police and give the confiscated guns to the gays

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
sounds good

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Dare to dream.

Except someone did bring up a good point: We need way better training infrastructure in Canada. Down south the Pink Pistols are a thing, but I couldn't find any leads for an active chapter here. Granted we have no carry culture, which is kinda requisite to the whole idea.

I'd offer the training the cops get go along with it... But I don't think they get much training beyond how to save their cop bud's rear end when they commit brutality.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I said it before. Everyone should be legally allowed to own a gun, barring only those who want one from ownership.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Virtual Russian posted:

I said it before. Everyone should be legally allowed to own a gun, barring only those who want one from ownership.

I'm also on board with this policy as I feel it addresses my concerns

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Virtual Russian posted:

For people (also SSB and jehde) with seemingly anarchistic leanings (ssb even calling everyone authoritarian leftists) , the pro-gun folks sure seem to want to dictate a solution to communities of people. Ask yourselves if you've actually talked to these communities about what they'd want done, what they'd like to do themselves. Based on what is being said I'd guess the pro-gun people haven't done this, and just want to use minority issues as an attractive camouflage for their pet issue. I could be wrong though.

Nah, you're on the money. I tried to point out this reason for why actual community movements like the Bear Clan give gun people the side-eye when they're told that firearms proliferation will make their job easier, and for my trouble I was told that I'm not a real leftist and that I should die. Unsurprisingly it's angry young men who love guns but have no actual experience with community welfare work who are dictating these sorts of solutions.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/MackLamoureux/status/1142478346720305153

Mack Lamoureux of Vice is covering the PEGIDA rally/counter rally in TO today

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Uhh if you want gun control, start arming the poor. You'll get gun control in a week

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is canada, we already have gun control, thanks

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is this the time to bring up my bold pipebombs for all platform?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

apatheticman posted:

Is this the time to bring up my bold pipebombs for all platform?

Why am I paying taxes just so the rich can get the same pipebombs I get?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Force gun owners to make their own ammo and they won't have any time for politics.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

guns for all, but they're black powder muzzle loaders only

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
You'll take my smokeless muzzleloader from my cold dead hands

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
also I want a bayonet. my élan levels are off the charts

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
out of all the single issue voter idiots gun idiots are easily the worst

how about if you own a gun you cant vote

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

You'll take my smokeless muzzleloader from my cold dead hands

you will reek of cordite and shame

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
In liue of guns, which would clearly be divisive and upsetting as well as illegal, some of the more burly and physically imposing ripped-out-of-a-Tom-of-Finland-drawing Pride marchers should organize a Flying self defense squad and start carrying novelty sized rainbow dildos that wouldn't immediatly look like weapons but that could be used to pummel the fasc. Imagine lictors from ancient Rome but carrying weaponized dildos instead of axes.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that is actually an awesome idea

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cue periscope clip of a Christian fash being bludgeoned in the face with a foot long dildo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Helsing posted:

In liue of guns, which would clearly be divisive and upsetting as well as illegal, some of the more burly and physically imposing ripped-out-of-a-Tom-of-Finland-drawing Pride marchers should organize a Flying self defense squad and start carrying novelty sized rainbow dildos that wouldn't immediatly look like weapons but that could be used to pummel the fasc. Imagine lictors from ancient Rome but carrying weaponized dildos instead of axes.

you want a fasces i'll give you a fasces

*beats you with ten giant rainbow dildos tied together*

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
canadian law is so fascist cops could charge you for carrying a weaponized dildo. there is no right to self def3nse in this shithole country the only legal option you have is to call the police. shout out to my man rousseau, sometimes you have to force people to be free

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I bet you could crowdsource a good legal defense fund for the dildo warriors though.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i think you'd have a hard time demonstrating reasonable suspicion that they didn't intend to use that dildo for its intended purpose

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

infernal machines posted:

i think you'd have a hard time demonstrating reasonable suspicion that they didn't intend to use that dildo for its intended purpose

The court will now turn it's attention to exhibit A, a video of what the defendant's true intention for the alleged weapon were.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

canadian law is so fascist cops could charge you for carrying a weaponized dildo. there is no right to self def3nse in this shithole country the only legal option you have is to call the police. shout out to my man rousseau, sometimes you have to force people to be free

aren't you the guy who thinks that not being able to own shootbang toys is as evil as nazis

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yinlock posted:

aren't you the guy who thinks that not being able to own shootbang toys is as evil as nazis

It’s pretty hosed that the government has a monopoly on the usage of force

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

It’s pretty hosed that the government has a monopoly on the usage of force

this is true

even more hosed up is that taking away gun control just leads to more gun deaths and nothing else

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like i genuinely wish arming everyone worked that way! but it does not

left-wingers are usually understandably reluctant to use weapons designed solely to take lives, while right-wingers will hold down the trigger and point it at the nearest baby

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yinlock posted:

like i genuinely wish arming everyone worked that way! but it does not

left-wingers are usually understandably reluctant to use weapons designed solely to take lives, while right-wingers will hold down the trigger and point it at the nearest baby

Yeah but I'm not gonna begrudge anyone who keeps guns cause they don't trust the government

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah but I'm not gonna begrudge anyone who keeps guns cause they don't trust the government

i do have to wonder how they think an armed revolt of any scale would go in a country this size

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Eox posted:

i do have to wonder how they think an armed revolt of any scale would go in a country this size

have you seen the documentary "red dawn"?

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Eox posted:

It's not like Russia or China have ever had successful armed revolts. Once a country gets to a certain size, it has a way of shutting these things down.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ardent Communist posted:

It's not like Russia or China have ever had successful armed revolts. Once a country gets to a certain size, it has a way of shutting these things down.

Think about the thing people associated Russia and China with in the 20th century, and see if you can find a counter example.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

What thing did they associate Russia and China with? Going from weak backwaters that basically served as resource extraction and captive markets for imperialist countries, to some of the most powerful countries in the world? Leading the struggle against fascist and fascist aligned countries, winning a victory in blood?
I don't know what association you mean, so it's hard to know what you mean by asking for a counter example.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ardent Communist posted:

cool, but there is a massive technological difference between then and now. seven men named Gord with hunting rifles wouldn't really be able to accomplish much in the face of a modern military, even if you take it as a given that every f-35 would spontaneously combust on the runway.

at worst they wouldn't be able to get a few rural areas under control and we would have a weird hick insurgency forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

I mean, the fact that the powerful have had a massive advantage in technology and organization is a longstanding obstacle of revolutionaries. Spartacus had to fight against the might of Rome, with all its legions and fleets. The secret police of Russia was regarded as a particularly efficient and bloodthirsty example. Every successful state has created an image of invincibility, which is important because that invincibility is based upon people believing it. The full power of the American war machine has been focused on the poor small country of Afghanistan, and yet still they fight. A revolution takes place in the minds of its population, as well as materially.