Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Has anyone else had issues with their left joycons intermittently not registering dpad input while directly connected in handheld mode? Haven’t tried unconnected, but it started happening all of a sudden and it’s getting me killed in Necrodancer :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This is my stance with Smash. I know you want to rest Sakurai. Hand the game over to someone else after this pass is done. Give me infinite fighter passes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dataminers found slots for 90 characters on the selection screen which they're using to predict that there are two more fighter passes after this one. Doesn't seem too outlandish given how far into the lifespan of the console we are.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Any goons in this thread familiar with eshop unlock times? I have a flight from Japan leaving early Tuesday morning, Japan time, but I was hoping to play bloodstained on the flight. Do games unlock at a set WW time? Or will it unlock on my local time?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

American McGay posted:

Dataminers found slots for 90 characters on the selection screen which they're using to predict that there are two more fighter passes after this one. Doesn't seem too outlandish given how far into the lifespan of the console we are.

They just need to keep going until we get a Palico from Monster Hunter and Waluigi. Then they can rest.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

veni veni veni posted:

Why though? It's just gonna be the same thing for the 10th time and the current one is fine.

I want a Smash Ultimate version of Mario Kart with every course ever made. <:mad:>

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

I only recently realized that the dock doesn't have anything in it besides the stuff required to pass-through HDMI, power, and USB. This isn't a "lol dock = $90 empty box" post. Up until now, I actually thought the dock had some kind of supplemental processor or something inside it, and that was how the resolution and frame rate could be bumped up in some games when the Switch was docked.

I assume it detects when it's docked and up-clocks the onboard processor or something?

mekyabetsu fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 23, 2019

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

mekyabetsu posted:

I only recently realized that the dock doesn't have anything in it besides the stuff required to pass-through HDMI, power, and USB. This isn't a "lol dock = $90 empty box" post. Up until now, I actually thought the dock had some kind of supplemental processor or something inside it, and that was how the resolution and frame rate could be bumped up in some games when the Switch was docked.

I assume it detects when it's docked and up-clocks the onboard processor or something?

Close. It's underclocked in portable mode and then runs at its stock clock speed when docked. If you wanna get super technical it is downclocked a little even while docked. Maybe we'll see some homebrew similar to New 3DS systems so we can run older games with faster speeds at the risk of overheating the console. AFAIK the only time it runs at its "full" potential is while loading Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey on the newest patches.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bloodplay it again posted:

Close. It's underclocked in portable mode and then runs at its stock clock speed when docked. If you wanna get super technical it is downclocked a little even while docked. Maybe we'll see some homebrew similar to New 3DS systems so we can run older games with faster speeds at the risk of overheating the console. AFAIK the only time it runs at its "full" potential is while loading Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey on the newest patches.

I thought that hacked Switches can overclock already?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HPanda posted:

They just need to keep going until we get a Palico from Monster Hunter
I didn't know how much I needed that until just meow.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Wamdoodle posted:

I thought that hacked Switches can overclock already?

Can they? I didn't figure anyone knew how to mess with clocks until the 8.0 update. Looks like the 8.0 update lets you "overclock" to 1.75 GHz during loading but even that overclock is 150 MHz under the stock speed set by NVIDIA. I don't think the Switch has good enough cooling to run at 1.9 GHz without getting too hot and warping the plastic internals, but if people have been able to set the speed to 1.75 GHz and play games, then maybe hacking is farther along than I thought.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Speaking of racing games, does anyone know if Codemasters has been any more specific about a release date for Grid Autosport than “summer 2019?”

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does anyone know when that sega racing game is supposed to be released in the US?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

From my anecdotal experience dataminers are typically finding things that don't happen

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Bloodplay it again posted:

Can they? I didn't figure anyone knew how to mess with clocks until the 8.0 update. Looks like the 8.0 update lets you "overclock" to 1.75 GHz during loading but even that overclock is 150 MHz under the stock speed set by NVIDIA. I don't think the Switch has good enough cooling to run at 1.9 GHz without getting too hot and warping the plastic internals, but if people have been able to set the speed to 1.75 GHz and play games, then maybe hacking is farther along than I thought.

Modders have hacked the Switch to run the TX1 chip at full power in handheld. The downside being it drains the battery very fast.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/02/06/hackers-overclock-switch/

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Cojawfee posted:

Does anyone know when that sega racing game is supposed to be released in the US?

Thursday

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So the final boss of cadence is an absolute clusterfuck and i dont like it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Len posted:

From my anecdotal experience dataminers are typically finding things that don't happen

"Brave" was datamined since January and it turned out to be correct.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

"Brave" was datamined since January and it turned out to be correct.

I don't follow datamining beyond what pops up in threads (I haven't been following this one long)

Risk of Rain 2 datamined the Bandit class, it was convinced the Bandit was the next character, nope it's not a thing

Secret World had a datamining goon who found evidence of new game modes and that was back in 2013 or 14. And as of now they still aren't things that exist in the game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

So the final boss of cadence is an absolute clusterfuck and i dont like it.

it ruled wish there had been more fights like that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

it ruled wish there had been more fights like that

Me too so the game doesnt throw a giant mechanical surprise in your face on the last boss

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i finally started having issues with the pro controllers d pad playing too much Tetris 99

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Anyone else having realm Royale crash all the time? It's paladins all over again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bushisms.txt posted:

Anyone else having realm Royale crash all the time? It's paladins all over again.

I tried for a bit and couldn't even connect to a game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I think I hit the point in Necrodancer where I can't go farther. There's not a chance in hell I can beat the game as Aria

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Got a super extra big paycheck and bought Bayonetta 1 and 2, Mana Collection, and Sega Genesis Collection. Life is still good. I also bought Soulcalibur 6 and Secret Little Haven for PC.

Also I started Breath of the Wild. It astounds me how well everything is designed. The game shows you everything you need to know just based on you naturally doing things as they come up. Climbing is awesome. Finding weird ways to kill baddie camps is awesome. Breathtaking atmosphere, I'm constantly discovering new things.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Leal posted:

I've been misreading CTR as CRT was hoping there was some sort of Labo thing that mimics tvs of yesteryear.

It is.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

mekyabetsu posted:

Welcome to the Republican party

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Realm Royale is fun and I’ve been consistently top-5ing as a Mage. Chicken and ponies are cute and the lack of building makes the playing field much more level.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mekyabetsu posted:

Huh.

I thought Nintendo stated from the start that the dock had a small amount of processing and GPU power.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I believe what happened was that Nintendo filed some sort of patent or similar paperwork for a design with additional processor and GPU power in a dock-type stand. So I believe at lot of early speculation was that the Switch would utilize that design and Nintendo's tendency to be tight-lipped on exact specs even after revealing new hardware did nothing to dissuade the speculation. It just so happens, the Switch doesn't use that setup.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Crash team racing is way better than that Sonic trash, just play it on pissfour instead. A nintendo is for mario karting.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mekyabetsu posted:

Yup, that's exactly how it works. Upclocks the processor and GPU when it's docked. It still doesn't hit Shield TV levels of power (due to heat concerns). The processor speed can be changed using CFW or if you boot a Linux distro from the SD card, even up to the processor max, but most of the devs on those projects don't recommend running it beyond Nintendo's defaults for long.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/nussoft/status/1142246061588615169

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Has anyone else had issues with their left joycons intermittently not registering dpad input while directly connected in handheld mode? Haven’t tried unconnected, but it started happening all of a sudden and it’s getting me killed in Necrodancer :argh:

Either this is happening to me or sometimes I’m not pushing the button hard enough. Not sure which.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

I was actually kind of curious about this. Does Nintendo delete user-created levels that mimic actual Mario levels? Were there recreations of Mario games in Mario Maker 1?

They delete them when found, but there's a lot of idiots with no imagination out there.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

BisterdDave posted:

I was actually kind of curious about this. Does Nintendo delete user-created levels that mimic actual Mario levels? Were there recreations of Mario games in Mario Maker 1?

They don't care. For the most part you won't have the parts needed to completely copy a level but you'll find plenty of recreations of SMB 1-1 and 1-2. Somebody even recreated the entirety of the rare Japanese computer game Super Mario Special which was kind of neat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do we know if you can put in those pools of water in the desert levels?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

Do we know if you can put in those pools of water in the desert levels?

No, there's no water tiles that you can place manually and only the forest theme allows for water in a platforming stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

When the gently caress does this come out, my kids are going to love it