Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
A suprise DLC appears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjnpFnmp6kA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Dang it, I decided I’d stick with Euro Truck and wait for DLC sales for ATS, but now I’m teased by shiny new DLCs.

I can’t complain, I think I have over 200 hours of trucking between the two games, so they can have more money. It’s crazy that ETS2 has been out 7 years now and I can still go back to it a few times a year and sneak in some trucking and still have a bunch of fun catching up on podcasts.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

over 3500 between the two for me :catstare:

2548 in ETS2 and 989 in ATS

Sadly, can't get Washington until tomorrow :(

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Geralt voice navigation rules. It's weird how something as small as voice nav makes driving more fun

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
As usual, the new Forest Machinery DLC is basically free if you grab it with the West Coast bundle.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Oceanbound posted:

As usual, the new Forest Machinery DLC is basically free if you grab it with the West Coast bundle.

Yeah I saw that. Hell, if you already have Base Game + Oregon it's cheaper to get the bundle than Washington by itself.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I had to start a new ats profile because my old one had way too many mods and kept crashing. I decided to start at the bottom of California for some reason.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

The voice nav in ATS seems kind of buggy. Geralt sometimes tells me to go in the wrong direction. Maybe he just hates me.

Edit:

Oceanbound fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jun 12, 2019

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Ugh, I was working my way with my dinky truck from New Mexico up toward Washington, and installing the update made it reset me back to NM. I'm very annoyed!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Shart Carbuncle posted:

Ugh, I was working my way with my dinky truck from New Mexico up toward Washington, and installing the update made it reset me back to NM. I'm very annoyed!

I personally enjoy ending a long trip in the new areas

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

the road for the "Over the Top" cheevo in ATS is an adventure :stare:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Kilonum posted:

the road for the "Over the Top" cheevo in ATS is an adventure :stare:

Is that the road they showed in the trailer? It looked really cool at least.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

I think so, it's like 50 miles of very twisty, narrow dirt road all going uphill.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Checking out the workshop, it seems to the 3 trucks I cared most about updated to 1.35 so I am good to go. 1 of the trucks hasn't yet, but allegedly still works, albeit without whatever window wiper changes they have made (something about wiper speeds?)

It's a shame that some really interesting trucks on there never updated past 1.32/33.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Is there a quick way to import my control settings from one ATS profile to a new one? I am starting a new game and my controls are completely reset.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

ToastyPotato posted:

Is there a quick way to import my control settings from one ATS profile to a new one? I am starting a new game and my controls are completely reset.

go to

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\American Truck Simulator\profiles\<profile hex>, sort by date and go with the older folder>

inside, copy "controls.sii", and, optionally, the "gearbox_layout_*.sii", and "config.cfg" (don't really need to with the gearbox files as they auto-populate, config.cfg will copy over all of the gameplay options)

then paste in the new profile folder.

dunno where steam cloud profiles get dumped, but similar process for them once you find them.

Same procedure for ETS2, only the folder is "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\" and there's more gearbox_layout_*.sii" files

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 16, 2019

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Holy crap thanks. I ended up redoing ATS by hand, but this will definitely save me the trouble in ETS now.

Anyone have issues getting custom voice navs to work? I got Google, Morgan Freeman and Glados off of the workshop but none of them show up. I assume it means there is some load order that is required, so I guess I gotta keep messing around until I get them to work.

Edit: I am a fool. I set up the mods on my old profile and when I created a new one, I never reactivated them.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 16, 2019

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Apparently you can buy mod trucks remotely without having bought any trucks previously. Is this new? There is a mod dealer button in the dealership menu now. I do not remember seeing this.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Yea it's new. I think it was added in 1.35.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Has anyone made a multiplayer mod for ETS/ATS that allows someone to sit in the passenger seat while you drive? Truckersim MP doesn't seem to do that.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bentai posted:

Has anyone made a multiplayer mod for ETS/ATS that allows someone to sit in the passenger seat while you drive? Truckersim MP doesn't seem to do that.

Why not just stream to whomever wants to sit with you, and you can chat with them?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

That was going to be the backup plan if there wasn't an MP mod to handle it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm pretty sure there's at least a few hitchhiker games out there, at least one of which there is a random chance they may kill you.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
It's me, I'm the guy who crashed my truck five times trying to get a good angle for screenshots of my favorite sights in Washington, entirely unaware that there's a photo mode.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

One frustrating thing about mods in this game is that there are no shortage of over the top cheat mods, but not one single one that simply unlocks the ability to buy poo poo remotely from the beginning. I've only seen it baked into economy mods that boost rewards across the board and sometimes also lower costs. I was gobsmacked when I found out that garages too are gated this way now.

One thing I wish I could change about the game itself would be to actually have a business aspect to the game. Currently, the only costs associated with anything is the initial purchase, for the most part. I would prefer to see each garage and each truck (being used) have operating costs associated with them. It would also be nice if different drivers actually had different driving skill so that maybe some might cost you more in truck maintenance than others. It would also be nice if the truck configs you gave your drivers mattered more. Someone did some very detailed experimenting and found that the difference in money earned between the best and worst trucks for employees was negligible. As it stands, once you have two garages a reasonable distance apart, and a few drivers working, you can pretty much just quick travel back and forth and infinitely earn money instantly. Or just having one full 5 slot garage working while you drive some long jobs will earn you tons minus the quick cheese.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

SCS released a tease for the next ATS state which is apparently coming out this year! The hint has something to do with bees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-4V8xu_Ok

I dunno what this means, but the options are pretty limited right? Idaho, Utah, or Texas?

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

ToastyPotato posted:

SCS released a tease for the next ATS state which is apparently coming out this year! The hint has something to do with bees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-4V8xu_Ok

I dunno what this means, but the options are pretty limited right? Idaho, Utah, or Texas?

Saw it in the comments of that video but Utah is the Beehive State so probably that :v:

edit: also Kilonum I applied for the trucksbook corp because why not

deadEd fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 22, 2019

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I hope Utah isn't a letdown in terms of scenery because Washington is gorgeous and maybe the best DLC out of both ATS and ETS.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

ToastyPotato posted:

The hint has something to do with bees.

Must be Michigan.

That's where Brad Wardell and Stardock are based.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Just get to loving Colorado already.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Oceanbound posted:

I hope Utah isn't a letdown in terms of scenery because Washington is gorgeous and maybe the best DLC out of both ATS and ETS.

Utah has areas that are loving gorgeous.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

One frustrating thing about mods in this game is that there are no shortage of over the top cheat mods, but not one single one that simply unlocks the ability to buy poo poo remotely from the beginning. I've only seen it baked into economy mods that boost rewards across the board and sometimes also lower costs. I was gobsmacked when I found out that garages too are gated this way now.

The remote truck buying ability is pretty much a simple ini edit, wouldnt be suprised if garages were also.

If you post a thread asking on the scs forums someone should be able to help.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Kibner posted:

Utah has areas that are loving gorgeous.
Eh, it’s ok.

Zion, Bryce, no biggie.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

track day bro! posted:

The remote truck buying ability is pretty much a simple ini edit, wouldnt be suprised if garages were also.

If you post a thread asking on the scs forums someone should be able to help.

Well poo poo. I guess I gotta look that up. Thanks.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Isn't it possible to buy trucks "online" in the game from anywhere as soon as you have visited a single dealership?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
No, you need to buy or own 5 trucks first (I forget which).

Come to think of it, I don't actually know what finding the dealers does once you find one of each type. At least the recruitment agencies are meant to increase your candidate pool.

I think that it would have been better if they had the dealers charge you extra fees for using a customized configuration or like, a delivery fee if you buy online. Then, as your company gets bigger the dealers waive the fees. Something like that feels a bit more "valued customer" than "well gosh, now you can buy a new truck from the side of the road somewhere in Poland."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
You can only buy 'online' from dealerships you've discovered. Which is kind of silly since every dealership of a given brand has the exact same pricing and stock.

You also can't buy online until you've bought five trucks total, because Reasons.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I mean, it makes some sense, it’s just that even in 2012 or whenever ets2 came out, the idea that an established truck company would get special perks like buying online was kinda silly. Now, if it was 1997 that might feel special, but it isn’t.

I suppose we should be glad they didn’t do something even sillier like make you buy trucks remotely from one of your garages or something…

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The invention of internet shopping depends on you building a trucking empire and save the world economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

What's funnier is that you just teleport to the dealerships once you find them anyway. So there really is no point to the restriction. They just as easily could have had a simulated "delivery time" of your online purchase if they wanted to mess around with the passage of time just in case you took out a loan and the payment might break you. But it is more annoying that you have to "discover" the brand dealership to buy from them at all. Same with the garages really. Pretty sure no one in almost any circumstance has had to absolutely physically see a for sale sign before they bought some property, given that real estate agencies have been a thing for ages.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 24, 2019