Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I pulled Ranger as my first job in my second run and I thought it was going to be a nightmare but holy poo poo Animals is really nice early on

It's actually good the entire game if you don't have a healer because the range for nightingale is 11-20, and the roll is 0-(current level).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It's so BEAUTIFUL. Thank you.

Noted for toxx! I will do the full donation when they all come through or when Fiesta ends.

Fenrir posted:

So, uh, this might actually happen:

Bring me MORE!!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I can't help but feel like this is what he wanted all along.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Bunch of baby ducks, thrown into the rift
Soda machine that doesn’t work, thrown into the rift

Okay, I’m wrapping up W3, just have to farm 50 more flees. How many elixirs would you recommend vs NED if I’m running mostly !summon no gold pins?

e: Oh, and I guess if I have to farm elixir where should I go?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

Okay, I’m wrapping up W3, just have to farm 50 more flees. How many elixirs would you recommend vs NED if I’m running mostly !summon no gold pins?

If you're done with world 3, then the rift section right before the phantom village is a good place to farm elixirs in my experiene. Relatively safe enemies and a HP/MP refill nearby.

Elixirs are common drops too.

E: specifically the Ronkan Ruins section of the rift.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD38zIozONk
thanks carbuncle

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

A Triple crown of quickleaking omega (timed badly, but a mad scramble of ramuh and a finishing rune axe hit saved this run) Out racing Shinryu with quick meteors, and Neo getting hit with first try Demon eye on the almegst part. Didn't steal a second raganok sadly.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Hmmm, something’s missing. Something...useless.

Much better.

I’m on Matrix, it’ll be considerably less useless even before the Brave Blade

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

derra posted:

Phoneposting, but I'll redo my pledge from last year. I'll pull it up tonight if no one beats me to it.

Edit: got it

:toxx: I pledge to donate 5 dollars (once per person, max $50) for everyone who meets all the following requirements: 

1) Triple Crowns 
2) with a total party level under 100 and 
3) with no individual party member having a level greater than 30. 

Include a screenshot of your final levels! 

After 4 years, I'm at 82 triple crowns in a row, all but the first 2 chaos. Think I'll push for the big 100.

Samuel Clemens, blakelmenakle, Orange Fluffy Sheep, Osci, Mega64, Bregor, KataraniSword, Ayuno

Hempuli posted:

Oh hey, I've kind of wanted to do one of these, so here goes:

I'll donate $10 for every screenshot of either NED, Shinryu or Omega being beaten with only one team-member alive, up to $100. Preferably with the teammates falling to enemy attacks, but eh, feel free to set things up however you want. :toxx:

I got chemist for my first job in run 3 so decided to do these.

A dragoon appropriately soloing a dragon.

Bonus pic of the loot. As if that'll make you trust me more or less:

A Samurai throwing my hard earned money at NED

The team right before fighting Treedeath:

I decided to not spend 200 years rooting for good RNG versus Omega so I leveled Lenna up to 26 to be able to survive Mustard Bomb with double health and Shell.

Team right after killing Omega

It was surprisingly difficult going through the game with so few levels. I decided early on to gain very little XP so I grinded out the 99 turtle shells that lasted me the entire game and then decided I should try to stay under 20 for everyone. So this made it hard to earn AP (I got the turtle shells before I got my chemist because I'm dumb) so it took a long time before I got !Mix, and I was always short on money. Usually I just kill statues until I know all the cool skills.

Ended up having to pass lvl 20 for Omega since Mustardbomb does about 1590 damage through Shell. I could've just attacked when it targets itself but if I wanted to do any damage I had to Turtle Soup (halve its Defense) Omega, making it so when it uses Delta Attack it can bounce of your reflect and damage Omega. It's about a 28% chance delta attack will crack through Omegas halved defense and do damage, and then there's a one in three chance Omega will counter with Mustard Bomb. That's not a huge risk at any one time but it turns out Omega gets a lot of chances.

I tried for a bit at lvl 18 but never got further than about 8k damage to Omega before a mustard bomb hit me and then I gave up.

Other than that, the biggest problem was probably cash. To deal with NED in the easiest way I decided to find some Movers but they were hard to kill fast enough. Ended up drugging my Samurai up to higher levels and tossing my money at them. Did the exact same thing to NED and berserked and blinded shinryu. Chemist is good.

edit: made pics smaller

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 23, 2019

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Doom Goon posted:

Why isn't there a #regChaos without duplicates (or, the same thing I guess, a #regPureChaos without Freelancer and Mimic)?

Just do Pure Chaos. Freelancer is cool.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

jaclynhyde posted:

Hmmm, something’s missing. Something...useless.

Much better.

I’m on Matrix, it’ll be considerably less useless even before the Brave Blade

:siren: Give that Geomancer a full powered Brave Blade, friend.

Vanilla Ice
Jun 13, 2002

Fuck The Eradicator

This was kind of a weird run for me. Rangers with x-fight are super over powered, especially with a fully powered chicken knife. Not being able to be anything but a freelancer until after the third crystal sucked. I did like not having to use an ether at any point in the game though. I think that was a first for me.

ExDeath was a bitch. None of my team had many hit points, so I had to level up from about 39 to not have all of my team get auto-killed by algamest. Once I Got everyone but my dancer past that point, it was just a matter of gil tosses and elixirs to keep everyone alive. Took quite a few tries, but I eventually got there.

I can't think of a way to beat Shinryu or Omega with this group. Anyone have any ideas?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Vanilla Ice posted:

I can't think of a way to beat Shinryu or Omega with this group. Anyone have any ideas?

Level far more than is healthy. We're talking upper 60s for Shinryu and going a full 99 for Omega.

Vanilla Ice
Jun 13, 2002

Fuck The Eradicator

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Level far more than is healthy. We're talking upper 60s for Shinryu and going a full 99 for Omega.

Yeah....I don't think I'm up for that. I think i'll just be content with making it through after missing the last couple of years.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Nah, Dancer can kill him mid 40s, so long as you can control your other characters. It's not guaranteed but can down him after a reasonable number of attempts, and you even have a Rapidfire execute.

Even Ninja Samurai Samurai Samurai was "only" 85.

Shinryu ... at least you can blind him? And you can use the Masamune to haste anyone wearing a Coral Ring. Should be a rough but doable fight at, say, 53.

derra fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 23, 2019

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

If you have summon, I definitely recommend doing Phoenix tower. Even without gold hairpins it will save you on elixirs.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Nasgate posted:

If you have summon, I definitely recommend doing Phoenix tower. Even without gold hairpins it will save you on elixirs.

Oh, I did. It led to a funny moment when I made it to the top and got excited that I had made it all the way through 30 floors. And then it dawned on me that I didn't have access to Exit.

Also I just realized that since I"m not triple crowning I don't actually have a level limit here.

e:

Ayudo posted:

Elixirs are common drops too.

It's not, but there is a formation with four of them at least.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 23, 2019

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

(the Shinryu pic is a Dramatic Reenactment since I had to fight it 3 times because I kept missing the death screenshot, and THEN my Neo Exdeath screenshot overwrote my Shinryu screenshot, so gently caress it)

Black Mage/Blue Mage/Thief/Summoner

My first triple crown! And the first time I've had mages to use. World 1 with Black Mage was incredibly fun. I think the highlight of the run was when Halicarnassus turned everyone into frogs, I realized I had no way to heal it, and so I spent the rest of the fight breaking rods over his heads with my frogs.

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Freelancer/Ninja/Monk/Dragoon. Dragoon was just sort of there, while Monk was eventually an item bot and only good to make the other two jobs hit harder. Freelancer and Ninja kicked butt though, so no complaints on my end. Of course, I Brave Bladed it.

Don't think I'll tackle Omega though, rod-boosted Lightning Scrolls only do 1500ish and I'm not living long enough to survive all that.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Poque posted:

:toxx:

$20 per run that utilizes a near-to-full-power Brave Blade (I'll say 145+ attack power to allow for some accidental runs) on an Equip Swords Geomancer in their fight against NED.

I will require a screenshot showing the equipment screen, such as the one above, and a screenshot of the Geomancer attacking NED in the battle (or TreeDeath I GUESS). Caps at $100.

COMPLETERS: Jose Valasquez

Okay, so. I forgot i play with a balance hack so brave blade is a bit stronger than normal.

I hope this is okay! It wasn't too bad, i never run from fights normally and having to waste the bb on my geomancer was a bit of a disappointment, but with some help from Mega64 in discord i was able to take down NED.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Darkoni posted:

Okay, so. I forgot i play with a balance hack so brave blade is a bit stronger than normal.

I hope this is okay! It wasn't too bad, i never run from fights normally and having to waste the bb on my geomancer was a bit of a disappointment, but with some help from Mega64 in discord i was able to take down NED.

Works for me! It's GORGEOUS. Thanks!

Noted for toxx!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I need an avatar. If someone makes me an awesome Gilgamesh avatar, I'll double my avatar purchase as a donation.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
It's been four years since I completed a Fiesta run, and this was my first Triple Crown!

Went with #Popular and got Blue Mage/White Mage/Bard/Thief, which felt slow in World 1 but eventually humiliated anything the game threw at me. I knew that with a party like this I needed to get the Triple Crown, I was surprised at how simple bard would make it.

Poked Omega with 1000 needles once I realized that while three hasted Romeo's song wouldn't work, but two plus a swift song did.
Shinryu got annihilated by Apollo's Harp.
Hit Exdeath with Lvl2 Old, went SSJ2 with Bard songs and took it apart with Holy.

I've never used Bard in FFV before, never would expect that class to lock down almost every random encounter and trivialize the superbosses.
Blue Mage made for an easy win, as always. This was the first time I took advantage of Dark Spark, Death Claw, and magic hammer to take care of bosses that I couldn't beat in a DPS race.
White Mage felt a little redundant with Blue Mage and Bard providing healing and status effects, but I was very happy to finally use Holy in a Four Job Fiesta.
Thief had me initially grumbling that I had one less Blue Mage, but !Mug + Chicken Knife and !Flee were two very handy abilities.

Kyrosiris posted:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

HARBINGERS OF THE DOUBLE APOCALYPSE:
*MagusDraco
*Procrastine
*1234567890num
*mp5

Grandpa Exdeath was helpless while three monarchs encouraged a vagabond to beat him up and take his cool sword.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Honestly, kinda underwhelmed with this legendary weapon so far. :v:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Where are these poison eagles in the rift?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Where are these poison eagles in the rift?

rare encounter in cave, alongside a drippy and zombie dragon

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Like on the same screen as Omega, or a specific screen?

e: I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to go all the way out and find a gaelicat.

ee: Ah, well, I got a gaelicat

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 24, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The room with the big long staircase.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Run #2 finished. Pure Chaos that got me Ranger/Dragoon/Mystic Knight/Black Mage
As I said earlier, Animals was the MVP in the early game, and doing 2x Animal fishing for Nightingale while attacking with my other two characters made grinding with emulator speed up more or less self sustaining though the entire game.

Rapid Fire+Spellblade is just crazy good

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

I had Krile use the Wonder Wand on the first turn to berserk Shinryu, from there I had Butz rapid firing flare blades, Krile dropping Flares and the other two throwing Phoenix Downs.
Butz had on the Mirage Vest (which I had to farm from Tonberries in Istory Falls using the quicksave bug because the dude in the Phantom village disappears after you beat the game and I did Shinryu after Exdeath, this was the most annoying part of the triple crown by far) and I used the bug to refresh the images, but in retrospect that was nice but wasn't needed. Shinryu died surprisingly quick once I landed Berserk.

For Omega everyone except Butz had reflect rings on, Butz had Hermes sandals. Butz used rapid fire Thundaga blade for 6600 each hit and Krile did about 3800 with a reflected Thundaga. From there it was just a matter of getting good RNG to get two rounds of 4xThundaga blade out of Butz. The whole thing took about 20 tries including the trial and error to find my final gear setup.

Hempuli posted:

Oh hey, I've kind of wanted to do one of these, so here goes:

I'll donate $10 for every screenshot of either NED, Shinryu or Omega being beaten with only one team-member alive, up to $100. Preferably with the teammates falling to enemy attacks, but eh, feel free to set things up however you want. :toxx:

Neo was comparatively easy. Butz break bladed the almaghest part, then everyone focused down the grand cross part. I almost screwed up at the end by killing one of the remaining parts too soon (I forgot to grab the magic lamp before coming in). Neo started Cometing, Lenna kept jumping in just enough time to avoid getting hit by the comets. That went on for 3 or 4 jump cycles and then he died

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 24, 2019

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
We did it.

Achieved by getting my dancer to wield a maxed chicken knife and then getting a bard to sing the hero's rime.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Edward_Tohr posted:

Honestly, kinda underwhelmed with this legendary weapon so far. :v:

You've inspired me

Closed
$25 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and a one of the wielder attacking NED

Completions: Edward_Tohr, Mega64, Samuel Clemens, ssmagus, Nasgate, 1234567890num, Bregor, Bufuman, Man with Hat, Darwinism

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jul 30, 2019

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

do I care about getting Hermes Sandals as much if I have the Masamune? I'm trying to cut down on my gil-grinding, I want to get Coral Rings for attempting Shinryu

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

do I care about getting Hermes Sandals as much if I have the Masamune? I'm trying to cut down on my gil-grinding, I want to get Coral Rings for attempting Shinryu

Very much. Hermes Sandals don't just give you haste; they make it so that you always have haste. That means that you can't be hit by stop, slow, or paralysis. The Masamune doesn't do that at all.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

There is exactly one time where you don't use Hermes Sandals once they're available for purchase and that's on your Omega killer if you're a Chemist and you're fighting it one-on-one, where you use a Reflect Ring to avoid Delta Attack.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

If you haven't left W2 yet, Coral Rings drop from Yellow Dragons in Meatfort.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Edit: I will also accept other Good Friends references, in case FRON is more your speed.

Edit2: Apparently I missed the first name-based :toxx:, nothing wrong with coming second!

Funktastic posted:

So I guess it's time for my donation pledge!

Since my first time beating FFV was through the 4JF I'll donate $1 per person (max $20)who also has their first run of FFV through the fiesta!

May be doubled later depending on my money situation.

Technically, I have never beaten this game before. I always stopped right before NED.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 24, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oracle/!Mix is my new favorite combination in this game.

derra posted:

:toxx:I pledge to donate 5 dollars (once per person, max $50) for everyone who meets all the following requirements:

1) Triple Crowns&
2) with a total party level under 100 and&
3) with no individual party member having a level greater than 30.&

Include a screenshot of your final levels!

Got into the rift and realized, hey, I've meticulously not fought poo poo that wasn't good for money or mixing ingredients and I can do this for once. Mixing Goliath Tonic to survive Almagest (which I didn't need, I succ'd it to death before its first cast) and having to search-reflect gimmick Omega because I literally couldn't survive a Mustard Bomb was *wild.*

:toot:

blinking beacon nose
Nov 1, 2004

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes
Every time I get to this I end up screenshotting it

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Do I have to wait for some sort of confirmation before starting another run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

DalaranJ posted:

Do I have to wait for some sort of confirmation before starting another run?

nah, you can just go.