Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Magil Zeal posted:

My experience is that there's the occasional /pet but that's pretty much it. I don't think I've had an experience I can call "creepy".

Same. Lived on three different US servers, got /pets from randos on all of them while playing lalafel. Nothing beyond that, though

It's some sort of weird collective compulsion, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got invited to someone’s FC because I was a cat girl and it’s called like “my cute harem” or something like that

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
I'm a large rog woman and have never suffered an emote. Instead I /point at people and look at them.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I play an au ra lady and I get creepy dms and emote shenanigans every once in a while.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
get a decent amt of whispers and emotes as a midlander lady

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I've only had one weird rear end who slapped my characters as sin ad dungeon. Also was dressed as a pig so props for theming I guess.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Haven't had any as a Femroe, but a friend complimented the resting bitch face she had going during an up close moment of the eternal bonding ceremony.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
i've played a catboy since 2.0 and i'm excited to see what new world of horrors i'm gonna enter when i'm a bunny girl in 5 days

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One time someone /pet my catgirl at the start of a dungeon but I didn't think much of it because they did the same thing with the other two characters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If I want to help a friend level up, can I play as one of my level 70 classes and down level to match their level?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

I said come in! posted:

If I want to help a friend level up, can I play as one of my level 70 classes and down level to match their level?

Any duty finder content will level you down to the appropriate level. Fates will also sync you.

Open world stuff is otherwise no, and you can't help with solo quest duties anyways.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

Overworld stuff is just for like one-off and msq quests and challenge logs, that's basically it. You would mostly "help" level your friend by doing various things in the Duty finder.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm a catboy player and someone touched my tail once. That was it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i've probably had people do weird emotes at my lalafell <10 times over the course of the 5 years I've played this game. it might be worse for female lalafell though, idk.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzhkwTNyEo

Can't wait for square to copyright claim my video!

Goodbye stormblood, hello shadowbringers!

What a nice free company we are. :unsmith:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Some Lala traded my midlady a hair flower while I was idling in Idleshire and told me I was pretty. It was cute. Only weirdo was catching someone trying to upskirt me on my broom while waiting for a mining node to pop. Joke's on them I wear pants under my dresses! Leonhart leggings for the win.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Thyrork posted:

Hell yeah cool vid! I looked good, I was surprised that there was nobody in the cake room or the picture room

Also, thanks for organizing, you managed to herd a group of dumb goons!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

My stupid name still entertains me in 2019

https://imgur.com/a/zTjYgxK

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The worst I get as a roegadame was an invite to an all roegadame LS. They’re weird but they tell me when hunts pop so I’ll take it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cleretic posted:

Tanks in general in XIV have been sort of disappointingly hard for me to get into because they all look really similar, with that similar look being generally unappealing to me.
Ironically, the class with the most 'basket of niche tools' approach after Scholar would be Paladin. Mostly because of how unique Cover is :v:

But some of those are going away come ShB (RIP Tempered Will.)

Glagha posted:

I'm a catboy player and someone touched my tail once. That was it.

I'm a dude Highlander and the weirdest thing having to do with my character model was way, way back in ARR when I was doing a First Coil run as a DRG. The other DRG in the party looked at me and was like 'd-dad?' and I was like 'wait what.'
Turns out we had the same face, only I had the mustache/beard on top of it :v:
Got a good chuckle out of that.

Also one Lalafell likes hiding under my tank skirt while I hang out semi-afk on occasion but that's a single-person case.

Every other weird thing I've seen has been one-off occurrences of other people doing weird things. Like, I once had someone roleplaying as the Joker in an Aery run back in HW. As a Summoner. With macros for pets and a few choice abilities.
The costume wasn't spot on (gamblers coat IIRC) but green hair and pale face were props for effort.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

EponymousMrYar posted:

But some of those are going away come ShB (RIP Tempered Will.)

Arms Length is a tank role action now

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Flavahbeast posted:

I'm laughing entirely too hard at this

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Countblanc posted:

i've probably had people do weird emotes at my lalafell <10 times over the course of the 5 years I've played this game. it might be worse for female lalafell though, idk.

Yep. Only creepy emotes and whispers I've ever gotten was when I was trying a female lala before I decided I didn't like them.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh are we talking about weirdos?

Leal posted:

Are we posting creepy tells? Hey remember this one?

Guess who saw me a few weeks ago?

I would like to note these tells happened nearly a year and a half apart. I thought their name looked familiar, then the "strip your character down" request happened.

Leal posted:

I've posted a few times about this player who has sent me tells requesting I strip down my character, including them asking again a year and a half later. While going through my ff14 screenshot folder (over 1k screenshots!) I found this, and yes, it was them, again.

Same person. Also I've been invited to random LSes that were a clear hookup LS.

E: Seriously, quit calling my catgirl a kitty or cat. CatGIRL. That last bit is important. My character isn't a drat domesticated feline!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I play a roegadyn dude, so I haven't had any weirdness happen to me yet, at least not that I've noticed.
My friend said someone pet her au'ra and kidragora pet once, but that's been the extent of it for her.

She did send me a picture of the chatlog where she was fishing one time though, the highlights were:
"LF goth gf for vore rp!" And someone offering rp lapdances over general.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I always comm a lala who is named for food, but I figure that just improves society.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

This is pretty good, Iol.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Please Calm Down are ready for some First World Problems:

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Flavahbeast posted:

This is really good

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Thyrork posted:

I'm impressed, you've practically made the PBC house look positively boring.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I got home and went back to look up my lovely pubbie stories:

I may have one more, I'm still looking through screenshots, but I gotta say, it took me until my second? third? year of playing that I actually came across truly anger-inducing pubs.

I hope that in maneuvering myself to place the SCH following me and their fairy either outside of healing range and/or behind LOS while continuing to do my job, I comported myself in a manner that would make goons proud.

edit: Nope, no more. Actually, considering that I've been playing this game for ... almost six years now, that I've only really had one genuinely bad experience with pubs says a lot about the game, I think.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 24, 2019

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

gonna be disappointed if i don’t get dms from gay furries when i switch to hrothgar

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
yeah as a femroe i haven't had any weird behavior directed toward me, the closest is when i was wearing the namazu head in a LLDR a sprout asked me to wait after the dungeon ended so she could take a picture of it to show a friend

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You mean you guys *don't* get hit on at least once every few months? 😬

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I don't afk in Limsa anymore because I got like 2-3 creepy whispers like every month.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Must be playing some ugly character :smuggo:

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
I just figured everyone gets whispered. I'm a male highlander and get 2-4 whispers a month. Is EU just hellworld?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Here's the, uh, best chat log I've witnessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I got home and went back to look up my lovely pubbie stories:

I may have one more, I'm still looking through screenshots, but I gotta say, it took me until my second? third? year of playing that I actually came across truly anger-inducing pubs.

I hope that in maneuvering myself to place the SCH following me and their fairy either outside of healing range and/or behind LOS while continuing to do my job, I comported myself in a manner that would make goons proud.

edit: Nope, no more. Actually, considering that I've been playing this game for ... almost six years now, that I've only really had one genuinely bad experience with pubs says a lot about the game, I think.

I am sure, despite every indication from the screenshots posted in this thread and from my own experience, being nice to aggro bad players is a winning strategy. I deeply regret just telling people to get hosed and to trust that I'm a better player than them.

My strangest interaction in the game was with somebody who seemed to be paranoid/schizophrenic in the Kugane markets. They were saying they just paid to move servers because everybody in their old server talked about them and hated them, and now it was happening again on this server. I was standing next to them at the summoning bell, so they whispered me asking why I was looking at their character earlier (I wasn't). I added them as a friend and tried to convince them that nobody hated them, but obviously it wasn't going to be so easy. They stopped coming online a week later or something.

Krabboss fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 24, 2019