Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/UConn_Insider/status/1142437768519401473

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Welcome back old friend - the Big East's missed you.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Big East really sold high and bought low on that one.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1142454567948476422?s=20

Would be a huge get for the Vols.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
The thrill of a sweet 16 awaits

Would be big for UT to cope with the losses of last year. Williams gone will certainly be felt.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 22, 2019

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
And Admiral and Bone and Alexander. The team is going to look really different this season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joey Freshwater posted:

And Admiral and Bone and Alexander. The team is going to look really different this season.

Admiral Bone Alexander is an 80 name tool

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Kirios posted:

Welcome back old friend - the Big East's missed you.

And UConn - trust me on this - has missed the Big East.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

oh no what about the future of uconn football

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Declan MacManus posted:

oh no what about the future of uconn football

More importantly this could mean I don't get to make jokes about the Civil Conflict anymore.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Grittybeard posted:

More importantly this could mean I don't get to make jokes about the Civil Conflict anymore.

Technically, the Civil ConFLiCT was over when UCF left the trophy for the game on the field after they won.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Grittybeard posted:

Central Florida just leaving that made up trophy on the field after winning was the best thing ever. That in itself was enough to make me recognize UCF's national title claim.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The United States won the Three On Three Basketball World Championships led by Robbie Hummel.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress yes Robbie

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Still consistently hearing Kerry Blackshear coming back to VT from VT's side. The feedback Tennessee is riding high on is the exact same thing he told every school he visited; great experience, great opportunity, etc. That guy that said KJ was down to just VT or Tenn was wrong at the time, was just speculating.

Also hearing that he'll decide in the next 72 hours, so should know one way or another shortly.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
*summons the conference realignment megathread to rise from its grave*

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nur_Neerg posted:

Still consistently hearing Kerry Blackshear coming back to VT from VT's side. The feedback Tennessee is riding high on is the exact same thing he told every school he visited; great experience, great opportunity, etc. That guy that said KJ was down to just VT or Tenn was wrong at the time, was just speculating.

Also hearing that he'll decide in the next 72 hours, so should know one way or another shortly.

It’s been the next 72 hours for like 3 weeks now

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s been the next 72 hours for like 3 weeks now

Any time now! :v:

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Twitter seems to think Blackshear's committing to Florida tonight. Sucks if true, but makes sense for him, and I'll miss having him in O&M.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lmao this kid is ridiculous

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lol Florida wtf

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Makes sense, in that he's from Orlando, also where his family still lives. Honestly figured they'd be our biggest competition.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If Scottie Barnes is what he's supposed to be Florida is going to be loving good

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
They were at like 55/1 - jump on that if you're a gambler.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

so is will wade just gonna skate on everything

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

so is will wade just gonna skate on everything

If there is any justice yes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/qdotgrimes/status/1144351251079081984

Good luck to them both.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kevin Ollie's career ends in a three-year show-cause and UConn gets to start back in the Big East on the bottom:

https://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/1146095450124169217

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

dirty shrimp money posted:

Kevin Ollie's career ends in a three-year show-cause and UConn gets to start back in the Big East on the bottom:

https://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/1146095450124169217

Best possible news for UConn. They probably won’t have to pay Kevin Ollie the $10M and no additional penalties for the school itself. Also they have to vacate all games from the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 seasons, which doesn’t really matter to me since I’d already vacated those seasons from my mind anyway.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Losing a scholarship for a couple of years kind of stings though.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

dirty shrimp money posted:

Losing a scholarship for a couple of years kind of stings though.

They self-imposed the scholarship limit when they fired KO and it's just for this upcoming season. It's not like they were gonna get an additional mystery recruit at this point anyway (and they still have one scholarship available for this year that Hurley supposedly just wants to keep open until next year). Everything else also resets after this season (like the official visits, unofficial visits and recruiting days), so they'll have no more penalties at all by the time they join the Big East.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 3, 2019

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
If UConn hires the right person they can be back in the mix in like 3 years.

E: Didn't realize they hired Bobby Hurley, I like him as a coach, so I think he'll be fine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Regnevelc posted:

If UConn hires the right person they can be back in the mix in like 3 years.

E: Didn't realize they hired Bobby Hurley, I like him as a coach, so I think he'll be fine.

Dan Hurley

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Oh. No idea who that is.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It sounds like the NCAA blames Ollie more than UConn themselves. I don't see him getting a job anywhere again - he burned a ton of bridges.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Regnevelc posted:

Oh. No idea who that is.

Bobby’s brother who coached at Rhode Island. He’s a decent coach who is also psycho, which runs in the family it seems

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
who are the new batch of one and dones and where have they commited to?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

who are the new batch of one and dones and where have they commited to?

Still really early but I'd say the most notable ones going into the year (just college guys so not like RJ Hampton) are:

Anthony Edwards- Georgia
Cole Anthony- UNC
Jaden McDaniels- Washington
Scottie Lewis- Florida
James Wiseman- Memphis
Tyrese Maxey- Kentucky
Nico Mannion- Arizona

Really good PG class, seems kinda light everywhere else right now at least in terms of NBA prospects

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Franz Wagner (yes, Moe’s brother) is likely a 1 and done for Michigan, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
And as the last two years have shown, there's apparently always a chance that Beard turns an underrated player into a one-and-done. This year's top candidate would be Kevin McCullar (3* RS Fr out of San Antonio).