Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Nagle is the left's Peterson: an academic who stumbled rear end first into politics who should be respected in their field on their academic chops (or lack thereof, in his case) only.

That said, I enjoyed her book as a gender studies person but I think she puts too much on 4chan itself rather than larger racial/gender tendencies in meatspace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/CommissBratton/status/1142478645614862336

Cops are mad at the DA candidate Virgil interviewed, Tiffany Caban, so you know she's good!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i always think about this. virgil and felix are the gamer chapos and they play loving overwatch and fortnite.

Will and Amber have better taste in games.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Has it ever been said why Felix's appearances on the podcast have been so severely reduced? At this point I mostly just wish the show was Will, Matt, Virgil and Chris. Amber mostly just wants to be on Red Scare now.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Has it ever been said why Felix's appearances on the podcast have been so severely reduced? At this point I mostly just wish the show was Will, Matt, Virgil and Chris. Amber mostly just wants to be on Red Scare now.

Chris can never be funny no matter how hard he tries. Like when he tried to make fun of the podcast’s name and had to explain the joke. Boy doesn’t have it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

chris made a good joke on i think the glenn beck episode but everyone just kinda bulldozed over it. of course i can't remember what it was because will and matt had howlers and the love shack bit was a riot.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah, I don't really ever expect Chris to be funny but I like the guy nonetheless.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The 4chan episode with Angela was good. She's a good guest for an episode on anime-nazis, seeing as how she wrote a book about them. They've had guests on whose politics we know little about, and guests whose politics are very likely worse than hers, like Yanis Varoufakis. It's pretty weird to still be upset about an appearance 100+ episodes ago, especially when that had nothing to do with her supposed cryptic/occult regressive social views.

If she's saying in that context-less quote that the right are having a sincere anti-capitalist moment she's pretty dumb though.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I immediately disliked that take on red scare, you don't have to be a cop shirt conservative or a woke corporate guy but like you can't deny those are the 2 dominant camps. Like you can say woke corporations are not left wing because they're not but your average birdbrain lib doesn't know that and it doesn't seem as though that's going to change in the near future. So the take isn't that far off in a way.

The lets build digital walls thing was way less defensible for missing why do they need to move and what's actually going to happen to them in that scenario. Technically it would be better for citizens only lasts up until you start playing well who really counts as a citizen again. I'd put the take into the dumb but not intentionally malevolent box

The engaging with carl benjamin seemed to have worked out badly. I didn't listen to it because who has that kind of time but I'd have to put it into the right idea probably bad execution pile. I didn't listen to all of zizjek making peterson into a laughing stock but I'd assume that was the intention. So fair enough to that.

Its a mixed bag but reaction has been hysterical.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chris is just very normie. His twitter handle is a Pulp Fiction reference for christs sake.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

trying to imagine what kind of brain you'd have to have to listen to red scare

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

WorkerThread posted:

trying to imagine what kind of brain you'd have to have to listen to red scare

Looking at the regular reply guys of Anna, it looks like a Proud Boy adjacent brain.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the funniest part is him playing with a controller.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Starting to think that the Red Scare people suck rear end

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Amber also defends Louis on her Instagram story. I think the issue with Amber and her ilk is that they want to critique modern feminism so much that they will take basically any opportunity, including some real bird brained poo poo like this.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Naw. Amber and Anna are both right.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Eh, for Louis CK to go from The Tonight Show, Cable TV, HBO Specials, and universal acclaim to being the headliner at something called Skankfest almost seems like punishment enough.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
https://twitter.com/investmntwanker/status/1142966986768605185?s=19

Lol come on

The Kingfish posted:

Naw. Amber and Anna are both right.

Yeah, declaring someone's objections to their conditions of living or employment inconsequential because other people have coped in worse situations in their lives and workplaces is a pretty typical attitude on the right

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

You are out of your mind if you accept Kath’s framing of this as a workplace safety issue.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Kingfish posted:

You are out of your mind if you accept Kath’s framing of this as a workplace safety issue.

I hope some dude JO's in front of you at work

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001
logging on to defend the millionaire sex pervert who had his manager threaten his victims careers for speaking out against him

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

no matter how much we agree otherwise if you disagree with me on any single substantive issue you are fash, you are cryptofash, you are right, you are alt right, you are fash adjacent, you are alt right adjacent, you are a nazi, you are nazi adjacent, you are literally erasing my lived experience rn, you are trash,

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I hope some dude JO's in front of you at work

Only after work at his hotel room and with my consent plz 🥰

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i dont give a gently caress about comedians

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Kingfish posted:

You're out of your mind for thinking it's worthwhile to push back on this.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

420 Gank Mid posted:

https://twitter.com/CommissBratton/status/1142478645614862336

Cops are mad at the DA candidate Virgil interviewed, Tiffany Caban, so you know she's good!

dude looking like grandpa from the munsters

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lol "I worked with a rapist who cares." it's ok to work with a rapist right up until it stops being ok. at which point you might come to regret your formerly blithe attitude.

:ck5::ck5::ck5::ck5:

nuke new york plz.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

dude looking like grandpa from the munsters

Lmao she sorta looks like Herman tbh

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

All stand up comedians should be fed into a wood chipper

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Kingfish posted:

Only after work at his hotel room and with my consent plz 🥰

I like how he always asked for permission but then he kept jackin it even after the permission wasn't granted. Owns.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
hosed up that New York City college professor and podcaster is hilariously brain broken about other media figures.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Chexoid posted:

Amber also defends Louis on her Instagram story. I think the issue with Amber and her ilk is that they want to critique modern feminism so much that they will take basically any opportunity, including some real bird brained poo poo like this.

It's such contrarian poo poo though I get the point about the lame workplace safety angle.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Seems a little extra lovely because as far as I know Kath's a pretty alright person. She does DSA/leftist stuff, does a few cool podcasts and talked about how much it sucked to be powerless about the Louis CK situation until it boiled over and people who matter more in comedy finally shunned him. And also how there were so many people just like him that poo poo up local stand up scenes with the club's refusing to do anything about it.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

no matter how much we agree otherwise if you disagree with me on any single substantive issue you are fash, you are cryptofash, you are right, you are alt right, you are fash adjacent, you are alt right adjacent, you are a nazi, you are nazi adjacent, you are literally erasing my lived experience rn, you are trash,

Listen, it's one thing for angela nagle to have the same border policy as bernie sanders, but it takes a lot of nerve to also be a woman online

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Seems a little extra lovely because as far as I know Kath's a pretty alright person. She does DSA/leftist stuff, does a few cool podcasts and talked about how much it sucked to be powerless about the Louis CK situation until it boiled over and people who matter more in comedy finally shunned him. And also how there were so many people just like him that poo poo up local stand up scenes with the club's refusing to do anything about it.

Yeah it's kinda lovely because Kath is great all around. Jake Flores otoh is a pathetic loser desperate for podcast subs

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I tried listening to Red Scare and it was like if a Whit Stillman movie was played at 1/4 speed, no thank you

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Its gonna be fun in 20 years when COINTELPRO 2 gets declassified and we find out which leftist podcasts actually were psyops

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Its gonna be fun in 20 years when COINTELPRO 2 gets declassified and we find out which leftist podcasts actually were psyops

and of course they get cia funding because of nepotism and not even merit

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1142932762606874627?s=19

Flores has gone mask off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

We should nuke new york city