Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I have a new loathing and it is Aria Mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Sounds like it's an Aria of sorrow.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If they released a dock that allowed Breath of the Wild (and the sequel) to run at 1080p/60, I'd get it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ImpAtom posted:

Sounds like it's an Aria of sorrow.

:byodood:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I played Skyrim today. It was fun

Last week I got one of those Switch branded Anker battery packs, too, so I’m pretty much set

Handheld Skyrim feels magical

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Achmed Jones posted:

I played Skyrim today. It was fun

Dear God... Do you realize what you've done!?...

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Real hurthling! posted:

things with value have justifiable cost.
Garbage is always cheap

Counterpoint: Tesla cars exist.

I now want to make a self playing level with a car that kills the rider at the end. SMM2 is gonna be great.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Another MUA3 video, shows the 3rd person camera for single player.

https://youtu.be/zwPlOKyhs7g

Game is gonna be really good.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Len posted:

I think I hit the point in Necrodancer where I can't go farther. There's not a chance in hell I can beat the game as Aria

I believe in you. I almost did it once myself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imagined posted:

The difference between a PS4 Pro and a Sega 32X is that there are zero games that force you to have the former, while there are certain games that require you to have the latter. Any peripheral or refresh that splits the target audience is a non-starter, ipso facto.

"Hey developers, do you want to develop for the entire audience, or just a fraction of it? Can you look at two numbers and tell which one is bigger?"

This is also why any peripheral that isn't included in the box with every SKU is doomed to fail. See Kinect, Playstation Eye, Wii Motion Plus, etc.

Even with the successes like PSVR, Sony kinda screwed up by making the default input device the Dualshock 4 instead of Move Controllers, or a VR-dedicated Move controller variant with thumbsticks. There's no walking that one back after the fact.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Polo-Rican posted:

Dear God... Do you realize what you've done!?...

He's talking about a Switch game with a reasonable :can: :siren: WEAPON DURABILITY SYSTEM :siren: :can:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

no he's talking about a switch game with a pointless weapon durability system

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Brother Entropy posted:

no he's talking about a switch game with a pointless weapon durability system

The entire reward system of every Bethesda game too, if we're being honest.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Pollyanna posted:

I just unlocked this and I think i've played enough CotND for now.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Cojawfee posted:

If they released a dock that allowed Breath of the Wild (and the sequel) to run at 1080p/60, I'd get it.

It'll run at a nice 1080p/60 in Dolphin if you have a reasonably current desktop.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between 900p and 1080p tbh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It'll run at a nice 1080p/60 in Dolphin if you have a reasonably current desktop.

But thats 60 frames per second more than I want, hiyooooooo!

Anyway tip your waitresses and enjoy breath of the wild.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Beastie posted:

A drug that makes it Friday, the day Super Mario Maker 2 is released.

Man I am buying too many Switch games

SMM2
Slay the Spire
Cadence of Hyrule
Bloodstained is coming out

And I still play Smash on a weekly basis

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also can't wait until SWitcher 3 is out so the Skyrim Witcher wars can continue, but on a handheld that probably lasts an hour unplugged trying to run them and makes them look like a ps2 game

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Has slay the spire gotten more stable? I'd like to get it but the reports of crashing put me off.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

Has slay the spire gotten more stable? I'd like to get it but the reports of crashing put me off.

Yeah a new patch just came out. Crashes didn’t matter before anyway though from when I had them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I want a Smash Ultimate version of Mario Kart with every course ever made. <:mad:>

Ever since they put a level editor in Excite Bike on NES all I've wanted is for every game to have a maker mode in it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I haven't had a single crash in Slay the Spire after the patch

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Kiranamos posted:

Yeah a new patch just came out. Crashes didn’t matter before anyway though from when I had them.

Don't you dare say that! I was trapped in a loop of Play game till end of Act 2, Die, Crash as Death screen comes up, Try to Reload, Crash, Try to Abandon Run, Crash... Delete save and repeat cycle.

But thankfully the new patch has fixed it and I played for about 6 hours straight yesterday with no issues, well except getting whomped by Bosses with lame effects.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Stickman posted:

I wouldn't say it's useless - the Switch is already considerably more powerful in docked mode than in handheld mode, and games have to be designed to support two resolutions. If you could add 60fps/fancier effects/higher resolution textures/maybe even 4k support, that's the sort of thing that would improve the experience of even existing games through patches. USB-C actually has the data rate to handle an external GPU, too.

It would widen the gap between the handheld and docked experience, though, which Nintendo might want to avoid.

This is my impression too. I don't think Nintendo wants to widen the performance difference between docked and handheld mode to much.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

There is a performance difference between docked and handheld mode, but you're not really supposed to notice it. It's supposed to be as if you're taking the console experience off your TV and into your hand seamlessly and without compromise

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I had been keeping my eye on this custom version of the Dolphin emulator, it was promising true mouse & keyboard controls for the Metroid Prime Trilogy. I say true mouse and keyboard because it's not just emulating the wiimote's IR pointer controls with the mouse, plus they've unlocked the FOV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nKfBcmu7CU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTkmcVCOKZc
They had the emulator working for Prime 1 & 2 for a while, Prime 3 was a lot more complicated to get working. I know a lot of people didn't enjoy Prime 3's controls or didn't even try it, maybe with mouse & keyboard controls more people can enjoy the game.
I also thought this was a neat way to make these games I love look new again, I really hope we actually get an HD version on switch before Prime 4.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

This feels like Doom

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

Amazon's got Super Mario Maker 2 for $64AUD if you haven't preordered it already.

Also Big W's got the Pokemon Let's Go Pokeball bundles for $69AUD again.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

That super fish eye/fun house mirror view is physically upsetting to watch

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

OhFunny posted:

This is my impression too. I don't think Nintendo wants to widen the performance difference between docked and handheld mode to much.

Either way it seems too obvious a win to in 2020 or 2021 or so release a switch with a 900p LCD (I figure that has been planned out all along, and is part of the reason why that docked resolution is a favored design target) which has the current docked performance characteristics when handheld, and ups the docked performance commensurately. I doubt they'll want to confuse the situation too much by having a device which does "original handheld" and "new docked" tiers instead of having those two variants.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Imagined posted:

The difference between a PS4 Pro and a Sega 32X is that there are zero games that force you to have the former, while there are certain games that require you to have the latter. Any peripheral or refresh that splits the target audience is a non-starter, ipso facto.

"Hey developers, do you want to develop for the entire audience, or just a fraction of it? Can you look at two numbers and tell which one is bigger?"

This is also why any peripheral that isn't included in the box with every SKU is doomed to fail. See Kinect, Playstation Eye, Wii Motion Plus, etc.

The kinect was included in every box for the first year or so of the Xbox One's release & the system was initially built assuming it'd always be included until they decided it was a failure

the 360 one of course wasn't...and was a giant success

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hat Thoughts posted:

The kinect was included in every box for the first year or so of the Xbox One's release & the system was initially built assuming it'd always be included until they decided it was a failure

the 360 one of course wasn't...and was a giant success

The motion plus originally came bundled with Red Steel 2 (maybe other games?) before being built right into the Wii motes

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

.TakaM posted:

I had been keeping my eye on this custom version of the Dolphin emulator, it was promising true mouse & keyboard controls for the Metroid Prime Trilogy. I say true mouse and keyboard because it's not just emulating the wiimote's IR pointer controls with the mouse, plus they've unlocked the FOV.
They had the emulator working for Prime 1 & 2 for a while, Prime 3 was a lot more complicated to get working. I know a lot of people didn't enjoy Prime 3's controls or didn't even try it, maybe with mouse & keyboard controls more people can enjoy the game.
I also thought this was a neat way to make these games I love look new again, I really hope we actually get an HD version on switch before Prime 4.

It's too bad that even if they were to make HD versions of MP1-3, they will not play as well without the pointer controls. Could still be fun, though.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Dammit all why did I think Bloodstained was out today and not tomorrow. This is the worst of all possible worlds.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Len posted:

The motion plus originally came bundled with Red Steel 2 (maybe other games?) before being built right into the Wii motes

ya i wouldn't call the motion plus a failure either considering Wii Sports Resort sold like crazy, i mean ya maybe they weren't expanded on 2 a crazy degree but ppl are fine with one good game for peripherals (Wii "Balance Board" for example) and i certainly wouldn't say they're "doomed to fail"

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Flint_Paper posted:

Dammit all why did I think Bloodstained was out today and not tomorrow. This is the worst of all possible worlds.

My backer copy is being delivered today :dance:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Mister Facetious posted:

Came back to Dead Cells, and i gotta say I'm liking the balance changes they made to the game; I'm actually making progress again.
That poo poo was just too hard for me the first time. :negative:

Look at this casual, Jac

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Mega64 posted:

I want a new dock to add power to my current dock.

we heard you liked docks so we made a dock for your dock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Look at this casual, Jac

I’m like 2 good runs away from finishing the ++ legendary forge and starting the S-rank force (which needs a cool 20,000 cells to complete!) but I’m back on the Diablo 3 bandwagon until I finish the journey.