Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmZUt3Xv-r0

Man, Wild Arms had some stellar music!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

You’re now humming Zed’s theme.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Michiko Naruke is a treasure

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

11 year old me thought boomerang flash was the coolest guy ever

still...kind of do...

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

『devil blade luceid』

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i really liked boomerang's ACF redesign where he has his rad duster coat but boomerang flash got lamer in ACF

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_cTMwAZil0

This is still probably one of my favorite jrpg town themes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

OneDeadman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_cTMwAZil0

This is still probably one of my favorite jrpg town themes.

That was exactly the song I was thinking of before I clicked the link.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I was expecting Shadow Hearts 2 and I'm disappointed

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I love the Disc 1 opening of Wild Arms 2. One of my favorite JRPG tunes to this day.

Knight Blazer is also pretty rad fight music.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
You guys metion Wild Arms and then don't post the first game's op? Shameful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PdszXldT_g

Still one of my favourites to this day.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

1's is good, but 2's is better. At least until Disc 2 drops the ball.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvoueEiVyWE

A change in time,
Finally made up my mind...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

ginny and maya are my favorite wa couple

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Merilan posted:

ginny and maya are my favorite wa couple

You gotta respect a woman that carries a minigun in her garterbelt.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Neddy Seagoon posted:

tired: get reincarnated in an isekai
wired: be maya schrodinger and become the isekai

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did Wild Arms or Trigun do it first?

Are they both based on a third earlier property that did it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Sometimes Food posted:

Did Wild Arms or Trigun do it first?

Are they both based on a third earlier property that did it?

Not quite - Millie just kept her bigass stun-gun under her longcoat.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wild arms does take enough influence from trigun to put a trigun poster in wild arms 2, though

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Ashley gets laid in Wild Arms 2.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvoueEiVyWE

A change in time,
Finally made up my mind...

I will never understand why they didn't get the same singer for Wild Arms 4.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I’m placing a sixty billion double dollar bounty on the WA4 designer who thought hidden treasures in battle was a smart idea.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i want a jrpg with double dollars as currency

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Merilan posted:

i want a jrpg with double dollars as currency

This but Bison Dollars.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

super sweet best pal posted:

This but Bison Dollars.

we can have both and they have a fight halfway through and only the dollar remains

so your double dollars get cut in half so its just dollar now

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I’m reminded of Tales of Destiny where the rate for lens would fluctuate based on in-game events and it was frustrating when you sold everything for poo poo only to have the price jump a scene later. Although apparently it changes randomly map to map so I just learned something new.

E: my favorite ToD advice is blowing all your money on items before the midpoint where you lose everything, then selling it all later. Haha, gently caress you Rutee and your orphans.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 24, 2019

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
someone's been working on translating the saturn version of grandia

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=27028.20

p. interesting since there are actually some noticeable differences between the saturn and ps1 versions, some of the environments i've seen look nicer in saturn and it runs better than the ps1 version, and i dunno which of those hd is basing itself off of

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

al-azad posted:

I’m reminded of Tales of Destiny where the rate for lens would fluctuate based on in-game events and it was frustrating when you sold everything for poo poo only to have the price jump a scene later. Although apparently it changes randomly map to map so I just learned something new.

E: my favorite ToD advice is blowing all your money on items before the midpoint where you lose everything, then selling it all later. Haha, gently caress you Rutee and your orphans.

I kinda miss the Destiny setting, I really liked how anachronistic it was in places

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

The Colonel posted:

someone's been working on translating the saturn version of grandia

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=27028.20

p. interesting since there are actually some noticeable differences between the saturn and ps1 versions, some of the environments i've seen look nicer in saturn and it runs better than the ps1 version, and i dunno which of those hd is basing itself off of

The footage shown of the HD collection still includes the texture glitching and cut-back effects exclusive to the PS1 version, so there's your answer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zophar posted:

The footage shown of the HD collection still includes the texture glitching and cut-back effects exclusive to the PS1 version, so there's your answer.

lol i guess i should expect as much from an "hd" version that's just slapping a bilinear filter on the game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

"We want to be clear, the GRANDIA HD Collection are not ports of the original PlayStation games, they are remasters. We are using the original PlayStation code of GRANDIA, but working with the Sega Saturn version to craft the definitive version of this beloved RPG."

After we asked if GungHo could offer more clarification, GungHo replied:

The team is primarily using the Saturn version as a reference point, working to match details and effects from that version of the game.

Which is evidently not true if you watch the trailer for Granda Eagle Filter Edition

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Grandia HD is so disappointing. I hope the people translating the Saturn version work on the expansion after that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mill Village posted:

Grandia HD is so disappointing. I hope the people translating the Saturn version work on the expansion after that.

what expansion

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The White Dragon posted:

what expansion

i think someone mentioned it in the thread and if its code is similar to the base game it probably shouldn't be too hard to hack into

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's 2019 and I'm finding out new and exciting ways in which Working Designs releases are broken

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The dungeons in Grandia Digital Museum are all pretty awful so it's not like you're missing much if they don't translate it and you're not willing to play it in Japanese.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Well my company is on summer break for 2 weeks so I guess it's finally time to sit down and play Cold Steel 3. I could wait until it's out in English but I'd feel stupid buying it again.

The ending of 2 is kind of a blur so I'm having to look crap up to remember what all happened. The 'previously' bits you can read from the start menu in 3 are a little too dense in Japanese.

Kinda sad they replaced Blade, but if they're going to replace it with something, a full-fledged trading card game (Vantage Master) is an okay trade. Though it does mean that playing cards which used to take like 30 seconds in CS1 and 2 now takes like 5-10 minutes. But it's a pretty decent card game so that's okay.

Also it's nice seeing a Cold Steel that's really pretty. I was pretty blown away by how pretty it was. Good job, Falcom.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh did they make a vantage master card game lmao that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

That legit makes me much more excited for TOCS3