Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

A point in this thing's favor is that it's really really easy to fill up your graveyard in eternal formats if you want to, though I think there are better uses for a full graveyard than this guy. Definitely one worth trying out though.

Also https://youtu.be/npvrzgS3dZ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Star Man posted:

It's not converted mana costs that it's looking for. If you only have two cards in your graveyard and one has 2B as its casting cost and the other has 1BB, then Embodiment of Agonies enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters.

in other words, it's looking at unconverted mana costs

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I’ve seen a lot of decks run The Immortal Sun in the main. I think it’s a decent idea. Other cards I’ve been debating on are Ripjaw Raptor in side, and Baffling Ends in side. River’s Rebuke also seems like a good card against decks that go wide.

Creatures 19
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Incubation Druid
4 Paradise Druid
4 Hydroid Krasis
1 God-Eternal Oketra
2 Shalai, Voice of Plenty
SPELLS 6
2 Mass Manipulation
2 Entrancing Melody
2 Finale of Glory
PLANESWALKERS
4 Nissa, Who Shakes the World
4 Teferi, Time Raveler
LANDS 26
4 Temple Garden
4 Hallowed Fountain
3 Glacial Fortress
4 Breeding Pool
4 Hinterland Harbor
6 Forest
1 Island
SIDEBOARD
3 Thrashing Brontodons
2 Lyra Dawnbringer
2 Carnage Tyrant
1 Narset
2 Prison Realm
3 Dovin’s Veto
1 Mass Manipulation
1 Entrancing Melody

Couple big questions. My main deck has 59 right now, what should my last spot be? I’ve been considering either River’s Rebuke or Trostani. River can be a blowout. Trostani is great with her passives, but the gaining control one can screw up Entrancing and Manipulation.
Negate or Dovin’s Veto in the SB? Should I replace the Entrancing and Manipulation in the SB with Tolsimir? That’s to help fight off Thief right?
With so many W symbols in Shalai and Oketra, should I add more white sources in my lands?

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

STiL. posted:

That card looks like Tarmogoyf, but Bigger and With Flying (and deathtouch :ohdear: ).

Three mana is a lot more than two but dang card is nuts.

It's a pretty big difference that you need to have powered this up when you cast it, while you can quite happily drop Tarmogoyf on curve as 0/1 or 1/2 and have it grow later.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

If Leyline of the Void is justified for sideboards this guy has problems, otherwise this seems to have potential, but it challenges you to make it a 3/3 or better on turn 3 when you need 2 black sources.

Kind of hope it doesn't effect modern, I don't want them to ban Faithless Looting.

Edit: also I think that's the same demon Igor painted for OG Innistrad.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Stitcher's supplier just needs a decent sacrifice effect with this. Heartfire baby!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

T1 fetch for Blood Crypt, Floot, discard 2 different costed spells, t2 play a black source, exile Spirit guide, play your 4/4 flier?

Doesn't sound too impressive tbqh

Edit: on second thought, this dude is pretty solid. Not amazing, but he'll be good in the right decks.

Also, how good he can be is dependant on how mana cost is being defined here. Like, do Fatal Push, Surgical Extraction and Nyp Gwyllion all cost B, or are they all different?

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 24, 2019

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Silhouette posted:

T1 fetch for Blood Crypt, Floot, discard 2 different costed spells, t2 play a black source, exile Spirit guide, play your 4/4 flier?

Doesn't sound too impressive tbqh

Edit: on second thought, this dude is pretty solid. Not amazing, but he'll be good in the right decks.

Also, how good he can be is dependant on how mana cost is being defined here. Like, do Fatal Push, Surgical Extraction and Nyp Gwyllion all cost B, or are they all different?

Non-land, so 3/3.

Also yes, B, [B], and W/B would be three different costs.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

that's some wild design space right there

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the white colored artifact

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Bearblade!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kurtofan posted:

the white colored artifact

I'm digging both that this core set is normalising a few things like coloured artifact design and that it's making playable equipment, I think. A bear that leaves an equipment seems usable, certainly very draftable.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

This is the type of bad equipment magic needs.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Wombo combo with Brass Squire

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

lmao hell yeah

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

This is some GaoGaiGar level poo poo

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Turn 2 infect making a comeback?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

InterrupterJones posted:

Turn 2 got way more consistant with the green pump set from mh.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Skyknight Vanguard
RW
Creature - Human Knight
Flying

When Skyknight Vanguard attacks, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token tapped and attacking.
1/2

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Elyv posted:

Skyknight Vanguard
RW
Creature - Human Knight
Flying

When Skyknight Vanguard attacks, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token tapped and attacking.
1/2

Wow, this seems really solid. If only the tokens were human.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

InterrupterJones posted:

Colossus Hammer and Sigarda's Aid aren't doing much without each other, and like Sickening said Scale Up is a much less risky move.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Elyv posted:

Skyknight Vanguard
RW
Creature - Human Knight
Flying

1/2

wowowowow this will be obnoxious in limited

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Colossus Hammer and Sigarda's Aid aren't doing much without each other, and like Sickening said Scale Up is a much less risky move.

Yeah, in retrospect it might be more fun jank to try and make this work in an aggro style equipment deck with Puresteel Paladin.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Frenzy for Colorless

Feels like another standard+ plant.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

I'm bad at card evaluation but this feels busted as gently caress

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Tainen posted:

Frenzy for Colorless

Seems pretty good in decks that can afford to take a turn off for it.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Tainen posted:

Frenzy for Colorless

Affinity likes this to refuel after they get wiped, but it's a dead card if you're trying to kill your opponent before he gets his legs under him.

Tron might be interested in this? Feels win-more in Tron, because you generally want answers in that deck. If you're in a mode of "give me a colorless bomb, any colorless bomb" off the top of your library with this card, then you'd probably rather have another set of colorless bombs rather than an engine card. Maybe in a Tron deck with an increased density of cycling artifacts.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
starter deck cards
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/core-set-2020-planeswalker-decks-and-spellslinger-starter-kit

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Walked posted:

I'm bad at card evaluation but this feels busted as gently caress

It feels like this has been my evaluation of every card this set.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tainen posted:

Frenzy for Colorless

Isn’t this just “cast all your poo poo” in Affinity?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Devor posted:

Affinity likes this to refuel after they get wiped, but it's a dead card if you're trying to kill your opponent before he gets his legs under him.

Tron might be interested in this? Feels win-more in Tron, because you generally want answers in that deck. If you're in a mode of "give me a colorless bomb, any colorless bomb" off the top of your library with this card, then you'd probably rather have another set of colorless bombs rather than an engine card. Maybe in a Tron deck with an increased density of cycling artifacts.

Not even sure it's better than Experimental Frenzy in Affinity either. Having to exile manlands just so you can dig for high impact plays is a negative. As is being an artifact instead of an enchantment for the type of matchups you'll want this in.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

some affinity decks are already playing frenzy and this is mostly just better (still lets you jump past one land per turn, doesn’t turn off your hand, is an artifact)

I miss playing affinity in modern so I’d like this to be good enough to give it a bump

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This core set seems good.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

some affinity decks are already playing frenzy and this is mostly just better (still lets you jump past one land per turn, doesn’t turn off your hand, is an artifact)

I miss playing affinity in modern so I’d like this to be good enough to give it a bump

frenzy also let's you jump past one land per turn by... letting you play a land

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lone Goat posted:

frenzy also let's you jump past one land per turn by... letting you play a land

that’s why I said still, it maintains that ability
also you can play dark steel citadels with it

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Tainen posted:

Frenzy for Colorless

Seems like it could be good as a one-off in Eldrazi tron, to allow Karn wishing for it.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Por que no los dos

gently caress it, this, Frenzy and Bolas' Citadel, all in one deck. We're loving doing it lads and lasses

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge standard deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
https://twitter.com/fishcastmtg/status/1143174019467927552

This seems good. This+Spectral Sailor+Mu Yanling+Cavalier might make a decent mono-blue deck after it loses literally every single card but Pteramander and Island post-rotation.