Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Ex 34/m does not want to pay me 29/f child support unless we establish DNA first?

Don't they really really frown on non-court approved child support payments as well? Like he could pay the $250 for years and then have CPS go 'You've never payed child support, you need to stump up $10,000 in back pay'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'd rather see the movie about the failure to make this movie/disastrous production.
That's basically The Man Who Killed Don Quijote.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

nankeen posted:

that's how i learnt about gay sex anyway. straight sex i learnt about from clan of the cave bear

All I learned from Clan of the Cave Bear series is that the woman who wrote them had a serious big penis fetish. Like, for real. She loved a big penis.

Don't we all, you'd say but no. This woman really, really loved big dicks. And she wrote a lot about them. And so she made us read about her big penis fetish and as a 12 year old I was deeply unsettled.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
WIBTA if I have a popular youtuber friend of mine make a video to help me find the girl I bullied in high school so I can apologise and make sure she's okay?

quote:

I'll make this short, also writing this while heavily sleep deprived so I hope this will make sense.

Some background info. In high school, I bullied the sweetest shy girl simply because she was different from my friends and I. After living in denial repressing the severity of my acts for years, I was faced with how much affect they must have had on this poor girl... I want to apologise to her, as well as make sure she's alive and well since we pushed her into a very dark place back then. I hope to be able to help if she needs it. I began looking for her about three months ago, but it's proven to be an impossible task since she doesn't have any social media accounts under her name, I haven't the slightest clue where she lives, studies or works or if she's perhaps gotten married and changed her last name or something similar. I've tried desperate things from searching through all kinds of records to calling offices - of which many thought I was crazy. A post I made here on Reddit three months ago remains fruitless as well despite the help I've gotten, I'm still grateful for that.

To the issue. A friend of mine is a youtuber with a sizeable following and active fan base. We caught up after a few months of silence and I brought this situation of mine into the light just to vent, I elaborated how desperate I really am, I'm out of options with no idea on what to do next. My friend then suggested that she'd make a video about it all. We wouldn't give away anything sensitive about this girl, only the necessary bits and pieces so her friends and acquaintances could recognize her along with a short summary of the situation and how it's crucial we find her to make sure she's okay. We weren't planning on going to more detail than this: Her nickname is Lulu, she attended an art school where she majored in ballet. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and a high pitched voice. She used to crochet a lot so perhaps that's still one of her hobbies. Just enough to give people an idea if they happen to share a school/workplace/friend group with her.

My initial reaction was a big fat yes and we started planning all this - the sooner we get the video out there, the better. But upon talking about the details, I came to think that it might make Lulu uncomfortable - she never liked attention, she might not want for anything to be public. But it's not like I'm compromising her privacy by giving away her real name, nationality, the school we attended etc? She never used social media as far as I know, so I doubt anyone could tie any strings to her unless they knew her personally?

I literally can't sleep anymore because of this, I'm an emotional wreck. I absolutely must find her or hear what happened to her. She deserves nothing but the best, she's the sweetest girl and I only want to make everything up to her if I at all can.

So will I be the rear end in a top hat?

Edit - I'm the rear end in a top hat. Thank you for your feedback. I've told my friend we're not making the video and I look to keep this out of the public eye.

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
Boyfriend makes me cringe and has a weird thing for cats

quote:

My boyfriend (23) calls me suckitty (suck + kitty) during sex and I get turned off by it but I can't bring myself to tell him cause I am his first and he just recently got comfortable with me in bed. Also there have been other instances where I have just cringed like the other day we were just looking around in IKEA and he purred and licked his hand like a cat while sitting on a couch and people stared at us. He hissed at a guy at some point and I felt so uncomfortable but he’s sweet and I care for him so I don’t want to hurt his feelings. Also he just recently lost his cat and I don’t know if that’s how he handles the passing? I just can’t wrap my head around it, is it weird or am I overreacting?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

welcome to hell posted:

If I had a nickel for every time I said "what the gently caress" aloud while reading this thread...

Anyway, she should use a can of pennies or a spray bottle when he acts up. Works like a charm.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

empty sea posted:

All I learned from Clan of the Cave Bear series is that the woman who wrote them had a serious big penis fetish. Like, for real. She loved a big penis.

Don't we all, you'd say but no. This woman really, really loved big dicks. And she wrote a lot about them. And so she made us read about her big penis fetish and as a 12 year old I was deeply unsettled.
after the first few sex scenes i just skimmed over them, like it was interesting to learn the exact mechanism by which the vast, massive, ridiculously huge penis goes in the vag and makes a baby but after that i lost interest. there were cooler things to focus on like old-timey hide tanning and the main character taming a giant prehistoric lion cub! (ok that was the second book but still)

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
in high school i used to hiss at people like a cat all the time and i don't regret it at all. it's a pro debate tactic

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

welcome to hell posted:

Also he just recently lost his cat

It's in a far better place now.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

nankeen posted:

in high school i used to hiss at people like a cat all the time and i don't regret it at all. it's a pro debate tactic

Please debate Ben Shapiro

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pirate Radar posted:

Please debate Ben Shapiro

Strange man-cat hybrid is EVISCERATED by FACTS and LOGIC

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pinecone Sample posted:

WIBTA if I have a popular youtuber friend of mine make a video to help me find the girl I bullied in high school so I can apologise and make sure she's okay?

Tracking someone down to apologise for being lovely to them can be a good thing, but absolutely do not make the whole thing public for the world to see, what the gently caress is wrong with you? :psyduck:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Mikl posted:

Tracking someone down to apologise for being lovely to them can be a good thing, but absolutely do not make the whole thing public for the world to see, what the gently caress is wrong with you? :psyduck:

The YouTube-rear end friend definitely wanted to use OP to go viral for some feel good story about healing bullying

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mikl posted:

Also one of the only things she(or maybe he?) knows about the girl is that she "had a high-pitched voice" which she 100% only remembers because it's one of the things she made fun of. Boohoo she can't sleep so she must find her victim and she must forgive her and she must accept help so that the poor bully can be at peace with herself. This isn't how you go about this.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I (25M) fall in love with a (16F) girl and now i can't see her for a while, how to deal with this situation?

quote:

Maybe someone will have something to say about the huge difference of our age but i can assure you in my country the age of consent is 16.

I'm the type of guy who never had serious relationships during my entire life, but since a year and a half i've been feelin better, feel like i'm finally myself and stared appreciating more this life. I was so happy for finally having some confidence with girls and hoped that i can find one very soon.

i knew a few girls since then who appreciated me the way i am, it wasn't still easy to find something serious with one of them but for me all this was a huge progress.

I knew this girl on instagram, she started following me and after a few days i texted her, i didn't expect nothing sincerely and a week later, we are on our first date, this is the first time in my life i'm hanging out with a girl known on social media.

I enjoyed our first date and she felt good too, eventually we found out we have a lot in common like we're both aquarius and that makes me understand her a lot and the opposite for her as so, this girl really cares for me and makes me feel special, our personality is kind of different but there is a lot of attraction between us.

Eventually right after i started having feelings for her she had to go in a recovery community/ residential treatment i don't know exactly still why, we didn't have the time to talk about this because we knew each other for just a month, the only thing she told me is that her mother put behind her social workers because she was never at home and didn't mind her too much, but i don't think that's the only reason she is in there.

i felt very sad for a month since i didn't seen her no more, i promised i will never abandon her in this situation because i will feel like a piece of s**t if i had to. She can't use her phone all day and we her each other only sometimes at certain hours and i can't go to find her because she can't hang out by herself. This situation it's so difficult and i just hope i can see her soon because i don't want to lose her, i'm feelin better lately but still have moments when i feel very bad, she has to stay in this residence until november and i'm afraid of losing or not being able to see her until then, can someone suggest me please how to deal with this situation and how can i help her feel better in all this?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (25M) fall in love with a (16F) girl and now i can't see her for a while, how to deal with this situation?

So, girl made up a “recovery center” story to ghost creepy IG predator, right?

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
Now:
Literally nobody ever matches with me on Tinder by DoritoTsunami

quote:

I (M, 25) have tried, really really tried. I read practically every forum that provides advice on Tinder profiles, I've taken countless photos, and I've tried hard to look better than halfass. I'm not a douchebag, but I can at least acknowledge that I'm not a hideous dude.

And I swipe right. A LOT. I try to set realistic expectations when I see women on dating apps.

Is it that I'm the problem? Am I actually the Quasimodo of the internet? Or is it something else?

A month ago:
I (25m) am in love with my neighbor (18f), but I don't know what to tell her. by DoritoTsunami

quote:

This is kinda long, so please bear with me...

A few years ago I would hang out with a couple friends who live near us. It wasn't anything weird, we would just spend entire nights as a small group playing Xbox and watching movies or whatever. My neighbor's younger sister would also hang out. It was really cool because we are pretty much into all the same cool things, and share similar beliefs, and I secretly fell for her.

I was aware of our age gap, so I decided not to mention how I felt about her to avoid looking like a huge creep(besides, she already had a bf at the time), so I just admired her from a distance. It went like this every week for about a year until everyone kind of moved on with work and school and stuff. I would still get to see her from time to time, about once a year or so when I would hang out with friends. Admittedly I was afraid to hang out with her because I didn't know if it would be a bad outcome. More time passed, and by then I thought I'd finally gotten over her.(right...)

And now theres an event coming up in a couple weeks, and(surprise) she is most likely going to be there. She's crazy gorgeous, and I'm pretty certain she's single, but I still don't want to come across as a big creep or anything if I finally explain how much I still feel about her. I'm good friends with her family, and her parents really like me. But I'm honestly terrified about the whole thing. I am at an impasse, and I would gladly accept any useful advice. Thanks for hearing out my little rant =)

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My husband believes that there is alien technology at Area 51 and it's ruining our marriage
My husband saw a podcast by Joe Rogan about a guy named Bob Lazar and now he is absolutely convinced that there are aliens that have made contact with earth. I absolutely can not convince him otherwise and it's scaring me. We watched the Bob Lazar documentary on Netflix last night and it is not convincing at all. This dude is 100% a liar. He can't confirm anything he says and my husband thinks the FBI is erasing the data. This guy has an apparent masters degrees from MIT, one from Caltech and an apparent employment at Los Alamos. Records from all of those places say he never worked/went there. The colleges and Los Alamos have confirmed this but again my husband says that the goverment has erased the records because they dont want the truth getting out. All the evidence overwhelming proves him wrong but my husband insists. I feel crazy and I'm scared because he believes something blatantly false. There is a lot of other reasons but he won't let up. What do I do?

Edit: I do believe there are many galaxies and other life forms out there. I do not believe Bob Lazar and his idea that we have alien technology at area 51 which is what my husband believes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

welcome to hell posted:

My boyfriend (23) calls me suckitty (suck + kitty) during sex

JESUS CHRIST

I might never be aroused again

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

WIBTA if I wear my Margaery Tyrell cosplay to my cousins wedding?

quote:

I will keep this very short since that is literally the question. My cousins wedding is next Saturday. I don’t have a lot of nice clothes and don’t really want to buy anything new. The nicest outfit I own is a hand sewn replica of Margaery Tyrell’s dress from S2E3. It is gorgeous and to me looks more like a nice dress than something from a fantasy TV show.

My sister said I would be a major rear end in a top hat if I wore this dress since it would take attention away from our cousin. I told her at least I would be covered up and not flashing my tits everywhere like I know she’s going to. She called me a name, I called her one and that was that.

Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I wear this dress?

This is the link she posted

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34100000/margaery-and-renly-house-tyrell-34179014-500-400.png

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Power Khan posted:

My husband believes that there is alien technology at Area 51 and it's ruining our marriage
My husband saw a podcast by Joe Rogan about a guy named Bob Lazar and now he is absolutely convinced that there are aliens that have made contact with earth. I absolutely can not convince him otherwise and it's scaring me. We watched the Bob Lazar documentary on Netflix last night and it is not convincing at all. This dude is 100% a liar. He can't confirm anything he says and my husband thinks the FBI is erasing the data. This guy has an apparent masters degrees from MIT, one from Caltech and an apparent employment at Los Alamos. Records from all of those places say he never worked/went there. The colleges and Los Alamos have confirmed this but again my husband says that the goverment has erased the records because they dont want the truth getting out. All the evidence overwhelming proves him wrong but my husband insists. I feel crazy and I'm scared because he believes something blatantly false. There is a lot of other reasons but he won't let up. What do I do?

Edit: I do believe there are many galaxies and other life forms out there. I do not believe Bob Lazar and his idea that we have alien technology at area 51 which is what my husband believes.
I love this because I watched that documentary too and it was obnoxious as hell but also perfectly executed for people who are into conspiracy theories to buy into. I do wonder how this is grounds for divorce though, it's all fairly recent so she doesn't have much patiance for him, their marriage must be hosed in many more ways.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Watching Joe Rogan is grounds for divorce already.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

welcome to hell posted:

ahhh, that's the quality relationships content i come to this thread for

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"Johnny, you can't do this poo poo anymore. I... I cant deal with this..."

"Meow?"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Okay so if he started this because he lost his cat all you gotta do is make sure his car gets totalled, he'll make more vroom vroom noises during sex but it's preferable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

Okay so if he started this because he lost his cat all you gotta do is make sure his car gets totalled, he'll make more vroom vroom noises during sex but it's preferable.

Wait until he starts backfiring on you

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hellblazer187 posted:

Watching Joe Rogan is grounds for divorce already.

:hmmyes:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

Wait, that dress is not flashing her tits? The neckline goes down to her sternum

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 24, 2019

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pinecone Sample posted:

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34100000/margaery-and-renly-house-tyrell-34179014-500-400.png
Without the cape it's toned down quite a bit but probably not enough, and that just draws more attention to the neckline. Just go buy a new dress.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I've gone to weddings before in a nice sundress, it's not like you need to shell out a ton of money for an appropriate dress and then you've got a nice sundress. That GoT dress is far from ugly but is more like, ren faire wear or straight-up cosplay.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I agree that if she took off the cape and shoulder board thing it might pass as a hippie aunt dress. like the hippie aunt who hangs around topless at home and tells everyone she doesn't wear underwear.

The bride doesn't sound like she's making any unreasonable demands here. I'm sure this person can get something that's nice enough for a wedding from a vintage store for like 30 bucks. Just do that.

It kind of reminds me of that guy earlier in the thread who was insisting on wearing his army uniform to a wedding even though the couple getting married had asked him not to, and he was having a big snit about how "it's just as formal as a suit and maybe even more" and "I don't own any civilian fancy clothes anyway why do I have to buy something" yada yada

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Dress is inappropriate, don’t flash your navel at guests unless its your own wedding and you and your fiance are into that. berth el pup

If she’s that prissy about going to Macy’s and buying a nice dress then she can just handmake one for herself, she appears to have the skill.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pinecone Sample posted:

Live with your guilt, you sack of poo poo.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

HIJK posted:

she can just handmake one for herself, she appears to have the skill.
She said it was hand made, not hand made by her. She could just ask the bride if it's ok, but I'm guessing she knows the answer will be no.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
her primary motivation for wearing the dumb rear end cosplay dress is definitely expedience and convenience, not wanting attention from people recognizing a game of thrones costume

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pinecone Sample posted:

"Hey Lindsey Lewis, look I haven't seen you in a while, but I just wanted to say, in front of the whole world, that I'm sorry for putting gum in your hair, photoshopping your face onto a pig and putting posters everywhere and generally being mean to you in high school because you were fat and smelled like a garbage can. It was wrong and I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

God though, I can't get over her slut-shaming her sister's necklines while planning on wearing that specific dress.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

PetraCore posted:

God though, I can't get over her slut-shaming her sister's necklines while planning on wearing that specific dress.
She's just jealous of her sister's boobies.

OP posted:

I’m pretty small cheated so i usually don’t get a lot of attention from the neckline. Unlike my sister who has Ds and will wear spaghetti straps
There aren't any other comments besides the image link and saying she wouldn't wear the cape.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I (26 F) know my roommate (21 F) contaminated my salicylic acid facial cleanser with Pine-Sol. She won’t fess up to it. We’re in the military and I don’t know if I should tell our higher ups.

quote:

TL;DR My roommate put what I believe is Pine-Sol in my facial cleanser. After unexplained animosity shown toward me, I believe she was either trying to prank me, ruin my stuff, or - at worst - chemically burn my face with this mixture.

The title pretty much sums it up. I have two roommates, both of which I’m pretty good friends with. On Saturday, I took one of my roommates out with me all day (we’ll call her “S”) while the other one (we’ll call her “K”) stayed behind by herself all day.

So here’s some background for you all. K and I have been best friends since basic combat training, so I don’t know where her sudden animosity toward me came from. Ever since we became roommates at AIT (Advanced Individual Training), she’s been acting differently. I will say that she is nice to my face, but she does some shady poo poo behind my back. For example, when I leave the room, she talks mad poo poo about me to our other roommate, S, saying that I don’t belong in the military and that I’m a “little bitch” for being medically discharged (I sustained fractures to both legs and a break to my already-once-broken foot during training lol). When I’m not around, she calls her mom and obsessively talks about how she can’t stand me, how I’m annoying when I talk to my boyfriend, how she hates how I wear my makeup, etc. (All of this is being reported to me by S, who made me swear not to say anything about it to K). S keeps to herself and will often pretend to have music playing through her headphones just to eavesdrop on K’s conversations (because K talks a lot of poo poo about S too).

S also told me that, while I was away on leave last weekend for my sister’s wedding, she caught K rummaging through my drawers and belongings. She didn’t say anything to K about it, but she definitely told me about it right away.

Fast forward to Saturday. I use this Clean ‘n’ Clear salicylic acid cleanser on my face every single day to avoid breakouts. We’re training in hot rear end Texas, so we’re always sweating. Anyways, Saturday morning, before going out with S, I used the facial astringent and put my makeup on. K was in our room all day long, all by herself. Once S and I got back, I went to the bathroom sink and immediately noticed a drastic change in color to my facial astringent. It’s normally a grapefruit pink color, but it was now dark and murky purple. The only purple thing we have is Pine-Sol. I smelled the bottle, and it smelled like the salicylic acid mixed with flowery cleaner - the same scent as our Pine-Sol. I asked both roommates if they were pranking me, as I had literally just used the astringent before we left for the day. S reminded me that she was with me the whole day. K denied touching my facial cleaner. I asked K again, knowing she was full of poo poo. She, of course, continued to deny it.

S insists that there’s no way K would go so far as to attempt to chemically burn my loving face off by mixing my cleanser with Pine-Sol. I’m surprised she was dumb enough to think I wouldn’t notice the color change. Or maybe she was stupid and didn’t think there’d be a color change. Regardless, I can’t figure out what her motive would be, and quite frankly, I don’t care. I gave her three opportunities to come clean and tell me she put something in my face sauce. Given that I only had a little bit of salicylic acid left in that particular bottle, I made it very clear that I wouldn’t be upset if she was just pranking me or something, because I had to go out and buy some more anyway. But no. She fiercely denies touching my facial cleanser, and insists that “something” must have mysteriously gotten into it. It’s worth noting that the opening to this facial cleanser is very small; there’s no way anything could get into it unless there was a deliberate effort to put something in.

Now I’m conflicted as to whether or not I should report this to cadre (i.e. our drill sergeants). I know she put something in my facial cleanser, and I don’t have a single doubt in my mind that it was her. But if it was some innocent prank and she’s just embarrassed to come forward, I don’t know if I should get her in trouble. I sound crazy right now, I know.

Be as ruthless as you need to be in guiding me with this situation please!

EDIT: It’s important to note that I’ve heard K talk poo poo about literally everyone in the company. EVERYONE. She has directly ranted about S to me countless times, and I didn’t think anything of it before. I just thought it was K being an immature child trying to gossip and getting upset that I wouldn’t gossip with her. Which is why I’m inclined to believe S when she says that K has talked poo poo about me too.

Also, I think it’s important to mention how K handles relationships with other people - particularly men. If she starts flirting and talking with a guy for a few days, and she catches him talking to another girl, she absolutely loses her poo poo. She becomes very aggressive toward the guy she’s pursuing, saying things like, “Why didn’t you text me back? Were you too busy talking with your other hoes? I saw you talking to (name of another female).” I think this is important because it shows how her mindset is. She’s very impulsive and aggressive, controlling, and very pessimistic.

Military people are so hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wanting to drop out of my friend's wedding after a Bachelor Party gone wrong?

Where to start?

Going into this I thought it was going to be a pretty low-key bachelor party. The buy-in was $250, which covered 1 night at a hotel and a Red Sox game. Another $36 was going to be needed for one of the activities we were doing that weekend (brewing beer). The best man told us all we would need from there was just money for food and whatever beer we wanted.

Except that was nothing like what happened. First restaurant we go to, I literally ordered nothing while the other guys picked 4 apps to share and bought beers. $374 bill. I had one slice of a flat bread pizza, one spare rib, and one egg roll. I get stuck paying $90.

The other major cost was eating out at a restaurant Saturday night. I bought a $20 meal and one beer and again, ended up paying $50 because other people got more beers or more expensive meals. It was always a split.

When all is said and done, it ends up being a $500+ weekend for me.

On top of it, I don't even get a bed to sleep in on the hotel and have to sleep on the floor cause there are 4 beds and 5 of us. Groom + bestman slept in one room and the other 3 of us were in the room over and we were all talking the next morning (Sunday morning) about how ridiculously expensive this all came out to be, mostly due to best man not laying out expectations correctly and in my case, having to split bills which I hardly contributed to.

I'm thinking about dropping out of the wedding. It is in late July, over 1 month from now. I'm looking at another $600 in costs, between a $200 tux rental, $300 in hotel costs, and a $100 gift. I just can't do it right now, the Bachelor Party just hosed me and left a really bad taste in my mouth.

AITA if I tell my friend I no longer want to attend his wedding? (I am in the wedding party)