Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pull MIDA and Suros from collections, equip jotunn. Done

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For the last step where you need wins; earn an Iron Banner win streak, then repeatedly load into the tower then go back to orbit. 14% progress per orbit!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You don’t even need to do that, just repeatedly start and cancel IB matchmaking

*shouts “reset the clock” at board reading “days since destiny 2 event starts with big embarrassing glitch”*

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haveblue posted:

You don’t even need to do that, just repeatedly start and cancel IB matchmaking

*shouts “reset the clock” at board reading “days since destiny 2 event starts with big embarrassing glitch”*

What's the timing on this? do I have to load into a match and quit?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
No, just click to play an IB then cancel as soon as you see it say 1/12 matchmaking. You need a 2 streak for it to work though.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I got the exact same roll down to the range MW but I have moving target instead of planted. I'm not sure I can ever get off my BUP bullshit tho.

No Axe with opening shot. :negative:

Im the exact opposite. Now that I've tasted under pressure rangefinder, I can't go back. Mapping guys is too satisfying.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

rolled a bunch of range austringers, got an outlaw/rampage one to replace midnight coup and an eye of the storm / rangefinder / accurized for pvp :hellyeah:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
For hunter grenade kills, be the bottom arc strider tree (you want the combat meditation perk)

equip a weapon with ricochet rounds. Recluse has em, but whatever works.

shoot enemy a bit, then grenade. I guess skip is best? But I don't know.

now stand next to wall and shoot yourself until red health.

oh yeah put frostees on too. Keep yourself at read health and run in a corner until grenade charged.

Repeat.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

haveblue posted:

There's a limited number of powerful drops per week from menagerie; this number will go up with an upgraded chalice.

If you really want to powerlevel, you can repeatedly loot the chest at the end of the menagerie by running out of the boss zone and returning with a fresh set of runes in the chalice. You can use this to very quickly get the full armor set and full weapon set (500 each for the triumphs) plus whatever drops from the chest itself.

This is what i was trying to do, but all of the drops were just 695 even though i was already 5 levels above that. I'm not quite sure how i can power level with it if there's a finite number of powerful drops per week and I've already seemingly hit the ceiling.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

Pull ... from collections

Mmkay, this doesn't sound so bad

:catstare:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/WtFzodu.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Got an austringer with the two opening perks I wanted then Zen moment and triple tap which is pretty average but at least the rune finally dropped and I got one of them only been trying for 3 freaking days.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

edit: nm

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I'm drowning in cookies over here

https://i.imgur.com/8O1Kepr.gifv

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
I haven’t played since the first few months of initial release (XBox). How much do I have to pay to be able to play the current expansion? Any offers out now that also bundles Shadowkeep when it releases?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
$40 and no Shadowkeep is its own separate purchase of $35

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Forsaken is absolutely worth 40 bucks

Seasons pass is ymmv but aside from the terrible season of the drifter and some teething issues in Black Armory it’s pretty deec

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
and you get it for free with forsaken now! so everyone wins including bung

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Finishing the drifter intro quest on my hunter because you get an easy guaranteed roll at the guns and lmao reckoning is such rear end

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Why does the cos raid in the director say potential rewards: powerful gear and all the others don’t?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Why does the cos raid in the director say potential rewards: powerful gear and all the others don’t?

Dunno but they still do

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I see the sentinel shield is still working as intended
https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1142688402950594560?s=21

Fml
https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1143024648671510528?s=21

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol the tracking on the shield is worse than a dawn blade and hit detection on the bash is still as bad as yr1 arcstrider.

If it was a hunter or warlock super it would have been fixed and buffed several times now.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah I miss shield bash hits in pvp constantly. Shoulder charge has similar issues. Sometimes shield bash will literally do no damage even if it hits if it's a counter super.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've lined up dudes straight lining me and the shield has gone right through them and then the bash has failed twice.

Does my head in. Almost as much as a slam failing to one shot a nova warp or a night stalker.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I gotta finish this tonight:

Auto Rifle final blows - easy, Suros Regime
Fusion Rifle final blows - easy, Erentil
Scout Rifle final blows - easy, Jade Rabbit
Sniper Rifle final blows - easy, Revoker
Sword final blows - :gonk:

VVV Oh, thank goodness.

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 24, 2019

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Sword kills are actually the easiest because each one is a huge chunk of the bar. I finished it before fusion rifles. But then y'know you're trying to fight every loving blueberry for the heavy spawn they they inevitably lose 2 seconds later without even firing a shot. Black Talon is the way to go.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah you only need 8 or so sword kills and it's not functionally different from shotgun rushing, just with very rare ammo drops

I did it the hard way with a legendary sword and it didn't even take that long, finally my qualification for the matchmaking pool of tunnel vision morons comes in handy

haveblue fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 24, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

yamdankee posted:

I gotta finish this tonight:

Auto Rifle final blows - easy, Suros Regime
Fusion Rifle final blows - easy, Erentil
Scout Rifle final blows - easy, Jade Rabbit
Sniper Rifle final blows - easy, Revoker
Sword final blows - :gonk:

https://twitter.com/seamachineart/status/1142888485734551565?s=21

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I can't stop. I won't stop.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
you might not like it, but this is what elite pve play looks like

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/im-not-owned/video/76355654

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Do you need to complete these Saladin challenges to unlock additional armor pieces in the loot pool? Been fine but hovering around 50% grenade kills needed when I'm only 700 light so it's going really slowly. I've handed in a bunch of tokens and completed all the bounties for packages from Saladin but just keep getting boots over and over again when I'd really like a single helmet or chest piece for when Shadowkeep introduces transmog.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, that's the new flow. The quest adds armor pieces to the pool, the bounties are extra powerful drops from your personal IB loot pool (armor pieces unlocked at that time, plus weapons). On the plus side, your unlocks should persist into future season 7 IBs so you have 2 more weeks before Shadowkeep in which you can finish the quest and grind armor. And finishing the quest should give you 1 of every armor piece anyway.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Thanks for the info. Which piece of armor does this current super/melee/grenade step unlock? Is it chest or helmet? I think I'll call it quits after I've got these grenade kills.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

SUNKOS posted:

Thanks for the info. Which piece of armor does this current super/melee/grenade step unlock? Is it chest or helmet? I think I'll call it quits after I've got these grenade kills.

Buttcloth, cloak or bond depending on your class.

Chest is the step after and helmet is the final one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are 5 steps.

-Get a bunch of kills with whatever: Arms
-Cap zones: Boots
-The terrible ability step: Class item
-Kills with different specific weapons: Chest
-Just play a bunch of matches or use the exploit: Helmet

After that drops will use the full IB loot pool. 15 packages + another 160 tokens to buy out Saladin's cosmetic stock and you've maxed out season 7 of IB.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The QUEST is character based, but does anyone know if the Armor Unlocks are also character based, or account wide?

Like, now that I've got boots and arms in the pool for my Warlock, can my Titan also get boots and arms, or will he only get weapons?

(Again I know that the QUEST will show my Titan as having made no progress... I just care about what's in the Engrams)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Thanks everyone.

haveblue posted:

On the plus side, your unlocks should persist into future season 7 IBs so you have 2 more weeks before Shadowkeep in which you can finish the quest and grind armor.

So I can finish the current step for the class item and the next time IB rolls around I can continue from that point and instantly start with the chest step, rather than starting from the beginning again (for that character, at least)? This will stay in my pursuits tab until Shadowkeep launches with progress from each IB carrying over to the next? That's not so bad if so, gives me a chance to hopefully snag stuff for more than one character as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The QUEST is character based, but does anyone know if the Armor Unlocks are also character based, or account wide?

Like, now that I've got boots and arms in the pool for my Warlock, can my Titan also get boots and arms, or will he only get weapons?

(Again I know that the QUEST will show my Titan as having made no progress... I just care about what's in the Engrams)

No, it's *all* character based. So if you only wanted to roll for weapons you'd log onto a character who hasn't done any of the quest so there'd be no armour pieces in the pool.