Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

funny comparing title wins in WWE to elsewhere. Kenny Omega went at Okada like 4 or 5 times in exhausting endurance matches before he finally won. Meanwhile Seth was booked for a 3 minute match with Brock, kicked him in the dick then stomped him 3 times to win the title. Sasha and Charlotte exchanged the title every month for a 5 month span. Belts just don't mean poo poo in WWE. Meanwhile Dragon Gate won't even let PAC lose on other shows to preserve his image as champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Stuff like this always makes me cringe. It's just another reason why I'm happy I don't support or watch WWE anymore.

Rollins knows full well back when he was in ROH he'd have never let a WWE guy make out that they are better than he is, yet here we are years later and he's making dumb comments like this.

I can't remember the last Rollins match that actually blew me away. He's probably not had one since the original Shield days for me, and that was based on him being part of a unit and against amazing workers like Bryan. Yet Ospreay has had two MOTYC in the past month alone.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
it's always really funny when seth goes out and tries to have an epic New Japan style match and literally nobody gives a poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's always really funny when seth goes out and tries to have an epic New Japan style match and literally nobody gives a poo poo

That's because he sucks now. Crossfit ruined his joints.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1142998708520284160

Normally don't like Will's twitter but this seems super on point given his BOSJ run

Seth Rollins is the guy in your fantasy league who offers his bench for your superstar because "when you add up the stats you're getting more" and then acts shocked when you reject it outright

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Seth Rollins is the guy in your fantasy league who offers his bench for your superstar because "when you add up the stats you're getting more" and then acts shocked when you reject it outright

"See, I worked a PPV, TV and 4 house shows this week and had a 2.5 star match on all of them, so that's 15 stars, but Ospreay only had 2 5 star matches. Therefore I'm better."

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ospreay has actually had more matches than Seth this year too so he has quality and quantity going for him

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ospreay also seems like he legit wants to put the past behind him and improve as a person, forgot if his tweet was in this thread but it was along the lines of "I legit said and did stupid poo poo and admittedly it was shite" so that was encouraging

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Ospreay also seems like he legit wants to put the past behind him and improve as a person, forgot if his tweet was in this thread but it was along the lines of "I legit said and did stupid poo poo and admittedly it was shite" so that was encouraging

I think someone posted it. It was a real, actual apology. I liked it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Congrats to Seth for doing the impossible, losing a twitter fight to Will Ospreay

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Big Huski Boi posted:

I think someone posted it. It was a real, actual apology. I liked it.

oh yeah it was this one, which was nice because someone was basically saying "leave him alone it was just a mean tweet" and then Ospreay comes in with "no it got the hate it deserved, I hosed up"

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1137771771946364928

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That Rollins tweet is also kind of lovely because it somewhat dismisses Ricochet even though he's trying to give him props. Saying "we have another version of you" seems like a poor choice of words and comes off like all of these guys are the same/do the same stuff just with different coats of paint. I'm sure that's not what he meant, of course, but the wording just came off that way to me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was saying earlier in the year how good Osprey has become. His strikes have more weight behind them then he used to. And he’s really become conscious about his timing and move placement. Rollins has always been a good wrestler but I feel like he’s just been at a stagnant place. His strikes have actually become super weak looking too. He also just doesn’t have any real sense of urgency when he’s doing anything. That could just be the wwe style though. I also can’t tell you the last time Rollins had a match anywhere near as good as Osprey vs Shingo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

I was saying earlier in the year how good Osprey has become. His strikes have more weight behind them then he used to. And he’s really become conscious about his timing and move placement. Rollins has always been a good wrestler but I feel like he’s just been at a stagnant place. His strikes have actually become super weak looking too. He also just doesn’t have any real sense of urgency when he’s doing anything. That could just be the wwe style though. I also can’t tell you the last time Rollins had a match anywhere near as good as Osprey vs Shingo

I originally hated the Kota/Ospreay match because I thought it was ugly and sloppy and it turns out that's exactly what they were aiming for. I got worked. Will Ospreay is the bset.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

oh yeah it was this one, which was nice because someone was basically saying "leave him alone it was just a mean tweet" and then Ospreay comes in with "no it got the hate it deserved, I hosed up"

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1137771771946364928

"I've messed up." Amazing. He should teach a class.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Seth Rollins got shown up to have less class than Billy Brexit from Essex. And Essex is just like if Miami was grey and miserable.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/jonmoxieys/status/1143010673087135745?s=21

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1143200880491028482

Seths madness continues

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kota in Dragon Gate would be interesting

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that this is the hill to die on, a day after one of the worst main events he's ever been in and 6 days before a loving free show eats its lunch

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh cool, this generation's Tommy Dreamer has emerged.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

is Road Dogg tweeting from Seth's account

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol seth is huffing his own farts

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The funny part is Seth is probably sitting back going "hahaha got 'em" and totally trying not to cry at the same time.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Seths meltdown is the best part of stomping grounds

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There's a reason wrestling promos should never be typed out.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It rules that this is the match that Seth has decided to put his foot down about and announce himself as the best in the world. An overbooked mess where he fought a full time waiter who's passion is actually his 2019 Nu-Metal band and the biggest pop of the match was his Girlfriend doing a run in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

It rules that this is the match that Seth has decided to put his foot down about and announce himself as the best in the world. An overbooked mess where he fought a full time waiter who's passion is actually his 2019 Nu-Metal band and the biggest pop of the match was his Girlfriend doing a run in.

And 2 weeks after the actual best in the world had back to back classics, but that doesn't count because he's smol and WWE has the wiffle bat version of Ricochet.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"im the best in the world! im the best in the world" i continue to tweet as i slowly shrink and transform into an architect

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Seth has a god-given right to post, just like all of us

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Big Huski Boi posted:

Seth has a god-given right to post, just like all of us

I, for one, hope he never stops posting

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I 100% don't think Seth believes a word of what he's saying. He's got the top belt, he's a fan favorite, and he's dating the top female star. This is a dude reading the room, seeing the next WCW on the horizon, and cementing his money position at the top of the card. There's an entire audience of one for these tweets and his name is Vicent Kennedy McMahon.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Didnt watch the show but it seems like Lacey is the only reason that match had any heat and otherwise Seth and Corbin would have clusterfucked to a symphony of silence in front of a quarter of a crowd. It's almost like hes trying to convince himself the company isn't stale as gently caress and losing viewers at a rapid clip.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

does Vince even read Twitter

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Seth is posting like I post and I respect him for it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Come October when AEW starts airing and is hopefully a success out of the gate WWE's talents tweets are going to be fun with them cracking up. Once they see talent cut promos in their own voice or check social media and see AEW hanging out with their families or by the pool while they making the trek to live events in quarter-filled small arenas. And then there are the fans online giving them the business lol.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I 100% don't think Seth believes a word of what he's saying. He's got the top belt, he's a fan favorite, and he's dating the top female star. This is a dude reading the room, seeing the next WCW on the horizon, and cementing his money position at the top of the card. There's an entire audience of one for these tweets and his name is Vicent Kennedy McMahon.

He's a gender swapped Nikki Bella lol

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Does Seth have any idea how to negotiate? This is like the worst time to paint yourself as a die hard team player, they don’t wanna lose another Shield member so they’re gonna give him or Roman absolutely ridiculous contracts if they think either one is unhappy like Mox

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/DurkUniverse/status/1143225834733527040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yayyy

https://twitter.com/Flash_Morgan/status/1143189234024685568?s=19