Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

MikeC posted:

The armoury link doesn't make a lot of sense. Are you using a RoRG and it is just not showing up? I kind of guess so since I don't think 4 piece by itself could do T15 at all though I guess maybe the 400% bonus is enough to kill regulars? You definitely need the 6 piece bonus in any case.

Yeah, the Yeah, the RoRG doesn't show up in the slot on the page, but I'm using it. (I did the same thing when someone else posted a character link with a missing RoRG slot.)

quote:

You don't have Vengeance at all on your bars, you don't need a cindercoat to reduce the cost of the spell when you have Vengeance gaining it back for you using the seethe rune. A hellcat waistguard is also mandatory considering you are throwing grenades and using loaded for bear.

The Cindercoat wasn't for Vengeance, it's for Cluster Arrow, which is how I was doing almost all my damage. With that, Cluster Arrow cost almost nothing. I had tried using Marauder 6, Natalya 4 for Rain of Vengeance, but after a while experimenting, I noticed that with only a 4-piece Natalya set, RoV didn't seem to be very effective compared to Cluster Arrow.

I was using the Eye of Eltich for the ranged damage reduction and Zoey's Secret belt for the survivability bonus with the Companions. That's an extra 56.7% DR.

The Grenades aren't really for spamming, but for keeping up my damage reduction bonus from Wraps of Clarity. I do like using the Grenades, though.

Kaustik posted:

useful tips

That advice was very helpful, my killing power greatly increased. My cooldown reduction is only like 27%, but it's still pretty good.
I had an Ancient Hellcat belt so I put that on. I can see what else I could use in the cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My kingdom for a krysbins

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m beginning to think Necro is actually a really bad class and I should just switch to Monk or DH or anything else to get these drat wings.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m beginning to think Necro is actually a really bad class and I should just switch to Monk or DH or anything else to get these drat wings.

What is giving you problems? The journey should be very easy with any class using any set or even several ancients that compliment the skills used for damage.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
If use Unity in the cube, I can swap out the one I'm wearing and still get the effect, right? (As long as my Follower is wearing one, of course)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DrSeRRoD posted:

What is giving you problems? The journey should be very easy with any class using any set or even several ancients that compliment the skills used for damage.

Damage feels fine where I’m at currently (GR45) but even with Blood Rush the class feels sooooooooooooo god damned slow to move around.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Damage feels fine where I’m at currently (GR45) but even with Blood Rush the class feels sooooooooooooo god damned slow to move around.

Make sure to use Steuart's Greaves. It's a life changer for Necro mobility. I couldn't play without them unless doing higher solo GRs where you need that cube slot for something else.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

If use Unity in the cube, I can swap out the one I'm wearing and still get the effect, right? (As long as my Follower is wearing one, of course)

Yes. What matters for unity is the orange text.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Well, got the GR45 conquest on a HC crusader to close out the season on Switch. Then started leveling gems and stupidly died in a GR60. You died as you lived, friend: as an afterthought.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Russad posted:

Well, got the GR45 conquest on a HC crusader to close out the season on Switch. Then started leveling gems and stupidly died in a GR60. You died as you lived, friend: as an afterthought.

I'm guessing you lose anything not in your stash?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

The Cindercoat wasn't for Vengeance, it's for Cluster Arrow, which is how I was doing almost all my damage. With that, Cluster Arrow cost almost nothing.

The Grenades aren't really for spamming, but for keeping up my damage reduction bonus from Wraps of Clarity. I do like using the Grenades, though.

He's talking about Vengeance the buff that makes you do a ton of damage and regenerates your hatred. Generally all DH builds use that and have 100% uptime with the Dawn 1h xbow weapon in cube.

Your Cluster Arrows drop grenades that Hellcat then boosts.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing you lose anything not in your stash?

Yeah. I was dumping stuff into the stash between rifts, so not a big loss. It was just a random assortment of ancients and some mid-40’s legendary gems. And I had the foresight to level a gem of ease in case I want to keep screwing around in HC.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Yeah, the Yeah, the RoRG doesn't show up in the slot on the page, but I'm using it. (I did the same thing when someone else posted a character link with a missing RoRG slot.)

This begs hilarious questions of what kind of hardcoded hacks they have on the armory to support proper display of season buffs :allears:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
oops

Skypie fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 25, 2019

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm starting to think the belt that casts Judgment/Debilitate for crusaders doesn't exist. :negative: Thousands of shards and tons of upgrade mats, but instead I get a gazillion Omnislashes

Oh well. I might pivot to trying to knock out the seasonal stuff with my barbarian for the wings, although the lamest part will probably be the set dungeon stuff unless maybe I do the Seeker of the Light on my crusader

e: ah the tried and true tactic of "complain about thing to receive thing" since I finally got a Sacred Harness. In return though, I burned a primal ancient roll on a Eun Jang Doh or whatever the stupid dagger is

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hit GR70 and the first primal of the season is... a Jawbreaker :geno: At least it’s a first weapon so I can entertain it in some other build but I’m already rolling in ancients and crashing bells on everything just fine. Still scrounging to put a Sunwuko set together which I think will give me more damage than just rolling with ancients at this point which should let me farm a proper LoN setup.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Go Inna instead of SWK. It is both more damage and tankier so can be more forgiving on suboptimal roles if your only plan is to use it while farming more LoN gear.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
LoN isn't that hard to get started. You only need like 2-3 pieces of random ancients and Incense Torch + Tzo Kirin to hit T10+. I'm doing 3 minute GR60 (equivalent of T12) and I don't even have the fist that buffs bell damage.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dameius posted:

Go Inna instead of SWK. It is both more damage and tankier so can be more forgiving on suboptimal roles if your only plan is to use it while farming more LoN gear.

Still need crudest boots but I’ll give this a look. I’m currently using LoN with enough pieces to let me cruise through GR65. I was looking a SWK because I think the damage ceiling is higher on that with a max roll Vengeful Wind? (10x1500%) Of course I’d be a glass cannon but that’s usually how it goes in high rifts anyways.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Inna has a higher ceiling than SWK, but you'll be far from either sets maximum anyways. Putting a full set of Innas with Tzo, your two fists, and the wrists will plop you into gr80 before you really even start looking at the rolls, assuming at least half of all rolls are right and you have your +WoL where available.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Dameius posted:

I'd suggest just run whatever has the best dmg output. At the end of the day once you eventually have BiS stuff for either SWK or Inna, Inna WoL is the better build, and a bit more fun I felt. But, if while gearing up, you happen to score a good Vengeful Wind, Kyoshiro's belt before you find your way into a Rabid Strike, ride SWK if it provides more punch to WoL.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just like crashing bells on things so both builds seem fun. Switched to Inna and oh yeah this poo poo is nice. Rolls aren't quite there for T16 rifts (I can clear it but it's a bit slow), but it rolls through GR60s in 2 minutes and change. Feels much safer than the ragtag LoN I had going with much better spirit regen which leads to little to no downtime and plenty of damage. Currently hurting for a Pinto's Pride which should help a bunch but I'm good on the rest of the gear. Now to start the ancient set / LoN parts while leveling gems as I get this journey worked on.

EDIT: Oh gently caress the FIRST GR I run with Inna's gets me an Ancient Vengeful Wind :lol:

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
These are always fun.

Sounds terrible, WTH is a "Fantasy Schlooter" ???

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

A dumb mashup of "looter shooter", so poo poo like Destiny, Borderlands, Anthem, etc.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Im_Special posted:

These are always fun.

Schlooters are what people call the FPS diablo style of game that kinda started with Borderlands and then games like Destiny picked up and ran with.

Hellgate London almost started a trend

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Diablo was the good guy all along! He just wanted to be friends, but you kept killing his demons while they were trying to send you hugs.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Im_Special posted:

These are always fun.

Reading some of that I can't help but think they're trolling. Hard.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It got dumped on 4chan soooo....

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Diablo 4 sounds incredibly bad from a gameplay standpoint but the story sounds even worse and completely insane which makes me think this is 100% true.

Diablo was the good guy all along? hell yeah give me that trash campaign right the gently caress now.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Them saying that Overwatch 2 is supposed to adress a plot hole of any size makes it seem fake as hell because they've never given even a single gently caress about anything to do with plot holes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They might mean the actually Whole Plot, because the plot of Overwatch was basically 3 seasonal events so far.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Diablo 4 sounds incredibly bad from a gameplay standpoint but the story sounds even worse and completely insane which makes me think this is 100% true.

Diablo was the good guy all along? hell yeah give me that trash campaign right the gently caress now.

They did that to the Overmind as well in StarCraft II. Please don't repeat that nonsense.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The story of Diablo 4 is based on a True Story. Blizzard is Diablo, and Activision is Diabael Primus. Everyone thought Blizzard was the bad guy, and that Activision was the good guy. Surprise!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Def gonna buy an arpg because of the story.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Blizzard has never had a good story in any of their games.

Every single plot point is “betrayal” because it’s the easiest thing in the world to write, and Corruption is the easiest reason to betray someone.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Every single plot point is “betrayal” because it’s the easiest thing in the world to write, and Corruption is the easiest reason to betray someone.

Ah. I just checked Wikipedia's list of games by Blizzard, and the only ones I've played are Rock & Roll Racing and Blackthorne. Until I checked, I thought this was the only Blizzard game I'd played.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rock and Roll Racing is so amazing but the rom version they released doesn’t have any of the music or car customization. It’s seriously a war crime.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I dunno, I think Starcraft and Brood War had ok plots, but they also felt a little more like they knew they were pulp trash. With SC2 (and Diablo 3 too I guess) they tried to take these kinda threadbare, pulpy concepts and repurpose them into grand epic stories. And they wind up just falling flat, especially with SC2.

Though I guess in the story guy's defense, he was a quest writer or something and Metzen basically handed him a stack of post-it notes with plot points and said "well good luck, I'm off to do Overwatch lore now"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It always bears mentioning that in Diablo 3, Belial, Lord Of Lies, almost always tells the truth and that Azmodan, Master Strategist Of Hell, announces every step of his plan to you as it is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

im the 4chan poster's totally real POC friend who was disgusted by the idea of making a game without white people in it