Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I tell my new roommates that they need to suck it up?

I recently helped my roommates move across the country (I paid the security deposit and 4 months worth of rent by myself), and so far everything is fine. Previously, they had a very terrible roommate, and they complained about everything she did, including how loud her and her boyfriend were during sex. I'm a very sexual person and I made it VERY clear when we were first talking about moving in together. I'm bisexual, into BDSM and my boyfriend and are in an open relationship. I definitely get around.

When we were looking for apartments together, they said that they wanted to make sure that the bedrooms did not share walls, so we found a floor plan where there is a master bathroom that separates the two bedrooms. I thought this was so that any sex noises would be muffled. Which is fair, no one wants to hear other people having sex. I've lived with at least 12 other people (during college one of my roommates subletted over the summer) and no one has every complained or told me that they heard me having sex. Before they moved in I mentioned that the walls were insulated well and you really couldn't hear someone masturbating or having sex through them.

Since moving in, they've made it clear that they don't want me to have sex at the apartment with them there at all but they rarely ever leave the apartment. Had they told me about this before we moved in together, I would never have agreed to live with them. Before this was communicated to me, my boyfriend and I did have sex multiple times while they were home and no one heard anything.

I explained that they couldn't hear through the walls if I shut my bathroom door, and I tried to compromise with them. I was fine with limiting my dates to the weekends, and only having loud sex with my boyfriend at his place, but they do not wish to compromise at all. I told my boyfriend about this and he is very angry because he thinks I'm being taken advantage of and he thinks I should be able to do whatever I want in my own home.

WIBTA if I tell them that everyone else I've ever lived with has been very much "it's fine as long as I can't hear it," and that they need to suck it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to go to my female co-workers party?

Throw away because this probably won't go over well.

​A female co-worker of mine is throwing a party, but I declined her invitation. When she asked me why, I made up some excuse because I knew the real reason would probably get me in trouble at work.

​I really have two reasons, but mainly it's because I refuse to participate in any outside of work events with how things are these days. I fear drinking a little too much and saying/doing something that could be interpreted the wrong way and get me fired from work. On top of that, I am semi-attracted to her and she has a boyfriend (I don't believe in platonic relationships).

​To be fair, I've also declined parties from other male co-workers although I've gone to a few of them because I knew who was going to be there.

​The issue here though is that this female co-worker has invited me multiple times now to her parties and I've refused them each time for the reasons above and I can tell she is taking it personally, but I refuse to give in. Still, AITA in this situation?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I tell my new roommates that they need to suck it up?

I recently helped my roommates move across the country (I paid the security deposit and 4 months worth of rent by myself), and so far everything is fine. Previously, they had a very terrible roommate, and they complained about everything she did, including how loud her and her boyfriend were during sex. I'm a very sexual person and I made it VERY clear when we were first talking about moving in together. I'm bisexual, into BDSM and my boyfriend and are in an open relationship. I definitely get around.

When we were looking for apartments together, they said that they wanted to make sure that the bedrooms did not share walls, so we found a floor plan where there is a master bathroom that separates the two bedrooms. I thought this was so that any sex noises would be muffled. Which is fair, no one wants to hear other people having sex. I've lived with at least 12 other people (during college one of my roommates subletted over the summer) and no one has every complained or told me that they heard me having sex. Before they moved in I mentioned that the walls were insulated well and you really couldn't hear someone masturbating or having sex through them.

Since moving in, they've made it clear that they don't want me to have sex at the apartment with them there at all but they rarely ever leave the apartment. Had they told me about this before we moved in together, I would never have agreed to live with them. Before this was communicated to me, my boyfriend and I did have sex multiple times while they were home and no one heard anything.

I explained that they couldn't hear through the walls if I shut my bathroom door, and I tried to compromise with them. I was fine with limiting my dates to the weekends, and only having loud sex with my boyfriend at his place, but they do not wish to compromise at all. I told my boyfriend about this and he is very angry because he thinks I'm being taken advantage of and he thinks I should be able to do whatever I want in my own home.

WIBTA if I tell them that everyone else I've ever lived with has been very much "it's fine as long as I can't hear it," and that they need to suck it up?

At first I thought this was just going to be some terminally kinky girl refusing to stop screaming in agony while being loudly whipped in the kitchen, but what kind of roommates can't stand even the idea of a dick quietly coming out in a locked room in the middle of the night?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

​A female co-worker of mine is throwing a party, but I declined her invitation. When she asked me why, I made up some excuse because I knew the real reason would probably get me in trouble at work.

​I really have two reasons, but mainly it's because I refuse to participate in any outside of work events with how things are these days. I fear drinking a little too much and saying/doing something that could be interpreted the wrong way and get me fired from work. On top of that, I am semi-attracted to her and she has a boyfriend (I don't believe in platonic relationships).

​To be fair, I've also declined parties from other male co-workers although I've gone to a few of them because I knew who was going to be there.

​The issue here though is that this female co-worker has invited me multiple times now to her parties and I've refused them each time for the reasons above and I can tell she is taking it personally, but I refuse to give in. Still, AITA in this situation?

NTA

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My (21M) girlfriend (19F) Photoshops her Instagram pictures for hours and it’s a major turnoff for me

quote:

My girlfriend fits the mold of the typical blonde sorority girl who goes out all the time and posts Snapchat stories with girls she later says she can’t stand. I’m her first ever boyfriend of a long line of thirsty boys who’d invite her over to have sex then never talk to her again unless they’re horny.

Of course, I don’t see her that way (honestly I did when we first started, but I’ve realized there’s so much more to her that I love). I love her so much and she tells me that I’m helping her love herself and raise her standards for how people treat her.

But she still takes around 80-100 takes of the same pic of herself to curate her Instagram (that’s not an exaggeration). She takes a bunch with me and complains that they’re “not cute”. Personally, I think every picture with me and her in it is a cute picture and I think she’s the prettiest girl in the world.

But now she has started Photoshopping her Instagram pics and the amount she cares about her image is a major turn off to me.

I know it’s not my job, but I want to make her feel better about it and make her stop caring so much about having a curated social media persona. It gets hard hearing when she doesn’t think pics of us are good because they’re not staged and edited, but I don’t know what to do.

It’s such a bummer because I love her just the way she is and I hate when she feels like she has to impress random strangers she doesn’t even care about. How do I deal with it?

TL;DR My girlfriend has self esteem issues from her past and puts a lot of her self worth into her Instagram persona. It’s a major turnoff for me and idk what to do

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

HIJK posted:

Dress is inappropriate, don’t flash your navel at guests unless its your own wedding and you and your fiance are into that. berth el pup

If she’s that prissy about going to Macy’s and buying a nice dress then she can just handmake one for herself, she appears to have the skill.

Just get the higharden seamstresses to make her a special dress for the occasion.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

chitoryu12 posted:

My (21M) girlfriend (19F) Photoshops her Instagram pictures for hours and it’s a major turnoff for me

She is acquiring skills that will eventually allow her to photoshop a man drinking a can cream corn into historical photos which, to me, is the most major of turn ons.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What does he mean "I don't believe in platonic relationships"? Is he saying he's either got to date you or he's never speaking to you again?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My [25 M] friend [26 M] of a few years thinks he's dating a celebrity and is going to ruin his life over it (might not be a catfish)

quote:

Because the situation is so specific, I am obscuring some details. If something seems pertinent in a comment I will reply.

My friend thinks he's dating a British celebrity (famous girl or FG hereon). He's married and his wife is sick of his spending and traveling and wants a divorce. His wife doesn't know about the personal romantic connection, just that he has an obsession with the TV show she's on. All of us (his friends) do not know what to do.

He says that he has facetimed with someone in her entourage that relays what she thinks about him. He can't facetime FG directly because she is a fresh, young celebrity who is a bit of a sex symbol -- she can't be seen dating anyone right now. The person he facetimes got famous with the celebrity. FG and her friend are at that kind of fame where people make fanfiction and deviantart drawings and have a subreddit for her breakout role show.

I'm seriously concerned because she can't date him, he's spending TONS of money on fan meet and greets as the only way to meet her, and is planning on taking a huge personal loan to move to London to be with her. He said that he is miserable with his wife and can't wait to be with FG in a couple of years when the buzz around her show dies down (even though she can't date him). He said that he hates his wife and everything she is. His wife has been really angry, but I can see why. They're both acting really extreme. His wife has said some very concerning things.

His reasoning is that the FG's friend has said that FG "sees the rest of her life with him" but my friend+FG have NEVER talked outside of fan meetings. He said FG compliments him when he's there.

I thought it could be a catfish but he said he really facetimes FG's friend. He is able to because of someone he befriended that does PR for the celebrities' agent. He said it's definitely FG's friend on the screen - not a look alike and the room isn't darkened. He assured me it's not a catfish. His PR friend has the phone when the facetiming is happening, and relays text messages when he can. That gives me pause also.

One important thing is we have another friend who loves this show and has been on trips with my friend. We don't know if it's psychosis because how can two people believe the same delusion?

At what point is it delusion or trickery on his behalf or the "celebrity"? What do we do to make sure he doesn't ruin, at the very least, his financial future? What do we say when he is traipsing around overseas trying to meet her for minutes at a time? How can we make sure he is okay, mentally? How do we make sense of these bizarre facts?

TL;DR my friend thinks he's dating a celebrity but only talks to the celebrity's equally famous friend. He is on a road going nowhere with the celebrity. We, his friends, do not know how to stage an intervention or what to do. His wife already tried ultimatums.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

chitoryu12 posted:

What does he mean "I don't believe in platonic relationships"? Is he saying he's either got to date you or he's never speaking to you again?

OP forgot to mention that he's Mike Pence.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

welcome to hell posted:

Now:
Literally nobody ever matches with me on Tinder by DoritoTsunami

A month ago:
I (25m) am in love with my neighbor (18f), but I don't know what to tell her. by DoritoTsunami

No matter what other problems this guy has I want to give him props for not giving us a loving novel of his problems. Seeing "this is kinda long" and then it's just three short paragraphs was a pleasant surprise

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Lol this guy sucks:

My girlfriend Dana does a couple things that stress me out mainly because they're illegal and I worry about her.

quote:

She and one of her friends are into "urbex", breaking into abandoned buildings and taking pictures. I don't really get the appeal but whatever. It stresses me out to hear about it so we had an agreement she doesn't tell me when she's going.

The next is that she dumpster dives in the upscale areas about a half hour from us, at some home goods stores that throw out slightly damaged floor models of things. Then she sells them on Craiglist, not saying where they were from. She doesn't have to do that, she has a full time job in tech that pays well, but i guess she likes the excitement and the extra cash.

The thing that seriously stressed me out for her though... On her drive to work, there are several pro-life billboards with "facts"that she says were since disproven or never properly proven... She was annoyed by that everyday and one day I see they're all graffitied with "CITATION NEEDED" and "RESEARCH SWAYED BY FUNDING BIAS, LATER DISPROVED IN 4 INDEPENDENT STUDIES" and stuff like that.

I asked her if she did it, and she said yeah. It was like the last straw for me, these billboards are along a really busy street, there's no way she did it without being seen and the chance of getting caught was so high.

She said "well that didn't happen, did it' and I feel like she's just ignoring the point of what I'm trying to say... That it'll happen eventually

Am I overstepping to draw the line that I don't wanna be with her if she's doing illegal poo poo?

tldr - My Girlfriend does illegal poo poo and I get stressed hearing about it

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My girlfriend is too awesome for me. Please advise.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

cumshitter posted:

Lol this guy sucks:

My girlfriend Dana does a couple things that stress me out mainly because they're illegal and I worry about her.
She sounds loving amazing. Climbing up a billboard with a note on how many studies have disproven THIS one so she gets it right.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cumshitter posted:

Lol this guy sucks:

Reddit, please help, my girlfriend is KICKASS!

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn

chitoryu12 posted:

At first I thought this was just going to be some terminally kinky girl refusing to stop screaming in agony while being loudly whipped in the kitchen, but what kind of roommates can't stand even the idea of a dick quietly coming out in a locked room in the middle of the night?

She never mentions the roommate's gender, I wonder if it's a case of a dude who thought rooming with a kinky woman in an open relationship would mean they got to hook up all the time.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

welcome to hell posted:

Now:
Literally nobody ever matches with me on Tinder by DoritoTsunami

A month ago:
I (25m) am in love with my neighbor (18f), but I don't know what to tell her. by DoritoTsunami

Do pedophiles often wind up remaining infatuated with people even after they mature out of their preferred age range?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

a dick quietly coming out in a locked room in the middle of the night

this is quite haunting

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ffoecaf posted:

She never mentions the roommate's gender, I wonder if it's a case of a dude who thought rooming with a kinky woman in an open relationship would mean they got to hook up all the time.
Probably. Or a really uptight lady.

Eh, NTA and tell them to suck it up. Or counter by saying she doesn't want them using the bathroom when she is in because it makes her sick or something aggressively hostile to them.

Who the gently caress cares what you do behind closed doors jesus

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
WIBTA if I asked my GF not to wear the high heels I gave her?

quote:

Last year, my GF and I were on study tour with the whole class. We were shopping as she saw these wonderful high heels : black and with an at least 3in heel.

The problem is the is already tall. I am 5ft 9in and so is she. So, when she wears them, she is 6ft tall. I am not bothered with her being as tall as I am or 1in taller (when we were 16), but her being 3in taller than me is frankly disturbing... And the look of strangers seeing us together in the shop already makes me cringe so hard...

I made her notice she would be this tall, but she didn't care. She wanted them so badly. But she knew her mom would be super angry if she ever got back with those heels. We were also in a cheap country so she knew she would never be able to afford them back home if we ever find them again. So she was sad knowing she could never have them.

I felt bad, really bad for her. Even worst than knowing she would be taller than I am. So I told her "If it is a present, your mom will not be able to bother you?" and she agreed. I paid them. I told myself "She will never wear them with me anyways, so I don't have to worry". Big mistake. Every time there is a big event, she wears them, even for dancing parties.

There's my problem: next week, there will be presentation of the bachelor's degree. And at midnight I will be 18. So I know me and my GF will be taken on multiple photos. And I know everybody will mock me being shorter than her or at least make me cringe hard. And I don't want it. She has also once mentionned how she was looking foward to wearing them on this particular day.

So WIBTA if I asked her not to wear them?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

cumshitter posted:

Lol this guy sucks:

It sounds like she's doing a lot of good community work and for some reason the one incident that is defending womens' rights was the "last straw"?

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

FilthyImp posted:

Who the gently caress cares what you do behind closed doors

:colbert:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My [21M] wife [43F] cheated on me, she apoligized and wants me to give her a second chance

quote:

My wife and I have been together for 3 years and we have a 1 year old daughter together. She’s been a good partner withme since we got together, but I have also tried to be the best partner for her too. I help around the house as much as possible; which inclued doing chores like cleaning, taking care of our daughter, and working around the house. Our relationship was good, things around the house were good, and our sex life was good too.

I really don’t know what I did wrong for her to do this. Right after it happened. She told me about it. She was crying a lot and she kept on apologizing to me about it. She’s been trying really hard; like she started going to therapy, she always wants to give me her passwords, and she has just been really sad lately and it makes me feel bad.

I still love her and this does hurt, but I’m not sure what to do. Things were good and I don’t want our daughter to grow up in a split up family either. Any advice?

Tldr; my wife cheated on me, she confessed and is trying to make things right, I’m bot sure what to do

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

QuarkJets posted:

Do pedophiles often wind up remaining infatuated with people even after they mature out of their preferred age range?

It depends on the person. Opportunistic pedophiles can remain infatuated with people as they mature out of the lower age range, while Exclusive pedophiles will lose interest.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8kpYm-6nuE

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

dudeness posted:

She is acquiring skills that will eventually allow her to photoshop a man drinking a can cream corn into historical photos which, to me, is the most major of turn ons.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

SpaceViking posted:

It depends on the person. Opportunistic pedophiles can remain infatuated with people as they mature out of the lower age range, while Exclusive pedophiles will lose interest.

You know I always figured there was something like this but I never really wanted to go looking.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Do not get involved with your coworkers personal lives. He seems weird but it’s also smart to never get involved with your coworkers personal lives. This isn’t even a “this day and age” thing, that’s an anytime thing.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Piell posted:

WIBTA if I asked my GF not to wear the high heels I gave her?

Obviously the sensible answer is to just get therapy to overcome insecurities like this, but the better answer is to wear 6 inch platform shoes and keep escalating until you're eventually just on stilts 24/7

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

AITA For enabling my boyfriends fantasy

quote:

Throwaway because I post quite a lot on my main.

My boyfriend of 3 years has always been into telling me he's into threesomes. I was always a little reluctant because, well, it felt very uncomfortable to do.

Fast forward to last month and I decide to actually have an MMF threesome with my boyfriend. We found a guy online who was willing to join us.

This was on a Saturday. The guy joined us our place and we started drinking and chatting. Soon enough we were all a little intoxicated and things started moving forward. The guy sat closer to me and after some teasing and chatting we moved to our bedroom where the guy revealed his large member. My boyfriend encouraged me to suck his cock as the other guy sat and watched. This went on for maybe two minutes. Then the other guy came closer and started touching me. I immediately turned away from my boyfriend and told the guy to gently caress me. As he was about to comply, my boyfriend got angry and stormed off...

We haven't really discussed it since but basically he's been giving me negative vibes ever since so am I the rear end in a top hat for... Agreeing to do what he wanted?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

AITA for (WITH PRIOR CONSENT) taking advantage of my girlfriend's friskiness when she's been drinking?

quote:

I (25M) have been completely sober for about nine months now. My girlfriend (24F) and I have been together about six months, and she has helped immensely with my sobriety. She doesn't drink that often herself, but definitely does not make it a point to avoid alcohol. She will drink moderate amounts maybe twice a month. That's fine, it works perfectly for both of us.

Our sex life is great normally, but gets kicked into a ridiculous gear when she's been drinking. She becomes considerably more adventurous and we've done a lot of things when she's tipsy that she is absolutely not okay with sober.

The first time she tried to initiate sex while she was drunk and I wasn't, I stopped her and told her that we would talk about it in the morning when she'd sobered up. The next morning she said that short of getting her pregnant, she is absolutely okay with me taking advantage of her being drunk to do anything that she wouldn't normally be okay with. So long as "drunk her" consents to it, "sober her" won't have a problem with it later.

Even though she's given me the okay, I still feel kind of skeevy about this sometimes. I never, EVER pressure her to drink or encourage her to drink more than she normally would. Her levels of drunkenness are entirely her own doing. Also, this has never come up, but I would never even consider doing anything with her if she was unable to give affirmative consent.

So am I being a creep about this? She insists I'm not, but I kind of wanted an outside opinion.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tythas posted:

AITA for (WITH PRIOR CONSENT) taking advantage of my girlfriend's friskiness when she's been drinking?

What good is an outside opinion gonna do here?

She said it’s ok so if you aren’t comfortable with it that’s your issue my man.

Anyway NTA.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

"drat, its like I really like Eric, but he never wants to hang out. Maybe he's just too much of a weirdo loser for me."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I winder if it's a self-esteem thing.

Like "well, she wont just jump in my lap and ask me to eat her out when she's sober so maybe..."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tythas posted:

I want to say this is bait but honestly he sounds like the kind of guy who is that dumb

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

cumshitter posted:

Lol this guy sucks:

Boyfriend: Please, you've got to stop breaking into abandoned buildings and singing Dragula.
Dana: Dead I am the one
Boyfriend: Please.
Dana: (spraypaints conquering the worm on a pro life billboard.)

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [28F] wife to be is accusing me [26M] of giving her yeast infection either because I’m uncircumcised or because I gave her oral. Wants me to get circumcised and only have missionary sex in marriage.

We rarely have sex because we are both religious.

I used be super sexually active before her, and now I barely have any sex because of my walk with God.

What...what did God do to you on that walk? :ohdear:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Tythas posted:

AITA For enabling my boyfriends fantasy

Every. Goddamn. Time!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

HMS Beagle posted:

Boyfriend: Please, you've got to stop breaking into abandoned buildings and singing Dragula.
Dana: Dead I am the one
Boyfriend: Please.
Dana: (spraypaints conquering the worm on a pro life billboard.)

This girl loving rules

Help, I'm a loser poindexter and my girlfriend is too bad rear end for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This guy is an rear end in a top hat, but he's like, handling his assholeness well or something.

He's an rear end in a top hat for "not believing in platonic relationships" and for being the type of guy that even could conceivably drink too much and say something stupid at a co-workers party (just don't drink or have a single beer socially it's not that hard).

But knowing that he wants to get drunk and creep on coworker, he's staying away. That's pretty smart and good, so I'll give him an NTA for his handling of it. I kinda feel like I wouldn't be friends with him, though.