Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Five giltosses per set of character rounds was significantly more effort than I expected it to be, took multiple retries at level 40 to actually clear it. This being a braveblade run was absolutely not worth the effort. Could've made it 6 in hindsight if I'd moved jobs around with more quick usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012
And that's 10! Grats to all who did the low level TC!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Aerdan posted:

I will donate 10¢ per run for every Bartz named Bitch, poo poo, Jeez, or other similar moniker, posted with screenshots of appropriate lines, up to $20. Feel free to poke me on Discord if you're not sure about a given moniker, I guess.

A fun brave run, as an additional challenge I also used Gil toss only once, when I didn't have control and ran into a ninja while trying to get murakumo.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

:stonklol:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Faris proving that the only hit point that matters is the last one. :black101:

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

So for pure chaos run 3 I pulled monk/ninja/dancer/dragoon. I really have no way to cheese either Omega or Shinryu with this team, so I'm wavering on it. So I figured I'd ask in here for some advice. I'm willing to do some level/elixir grinding for it, what level would this team realistically need to be to get the triple crown?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Bregor posted:

Re-rolled Advance, got Thief / Mystic Knight / Bard / Gladiator. Never used a Gladiator before, looking forward to it. Also gonna job fair MK since I just had it on my last run, and Bard is essentially a free NED/Omega win.

Hi, my name is Bregor and I job faired Mystic Knight into Red Mage. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Serene Dragon posted:

So for pure chaos run 3 I pulled monk/ninja/dancer/dragoon. I really have no way to cheese either Omega or Shinryu with this team, so I'm wavering on it. So I figured I'd ask in here for some advice. I'm willing to do some level/elixir grinding for it, what level would this team realistically need to be to get the triple crown?

For Omega:

Step 1: give your dancer dual wield
Step 2: put the chicken knife in their main hand and literally anything else in their off hand
Step 3: congratulations, your sword dances no longer trigger counters from Omega
Step 4: you still need to survive its standard routine though, so the rest of your team is probably on full time elixir/phoenix down duty
E: it occurs to me that this method should also work with dragoon and trident jumps

For Shinryu, you might be able to make a jumpspam strat work at fairly reasonable levels? Remember that the maneater gets the spear bonus to jumps.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 24, 2019

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Cheesed windigo by spamming bahamut summons. The summoner had an ice shield and enjoyed the ice attacks they got in return

Had another character hide in case the summoner needed slapping out of a confused state.

I think I'm starting to get this game.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

(One more Butes for the pile)
First clear this year! Zeninage is OP as poo poo and made W2 Exdeath + NED a joke. I didn't even use Rapid Fire that often because Zeninage was just better. Knight + rod user = guaranteed Shinryu kill, too.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Iainuki is also crazy op. It ONLY respects Heavy. Half the world 2 bosses and like 90% of normal enemies are vulnerable to it. Samurai is real good.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Whoa, triple-single-character-crown! Nice!

:tipshat: Counted these. Thank you!

derra
Dec 29, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Iainuki ... world 2 bosses ...

Man, I stick someone with Samurai as soon as I get it (I don't Fiesta) and 9 times out of 10 I hit NED without Iainuki.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jose Valasquez posted:

You've inspired me

:toxx:

$25 up to a max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and a one of the wielder attacking NED

I totally would have tried this on my first run, I had no real use for either weapon. Hopefully I get one going forward where I can do it!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

derra posted:

Man, I stick someone with Samurai as soon as I get it (I don't Fiesta) and 9 times out of 10 I hit NED without Iainuki.

i run with fiesta mod so i have someone sitting in it from canal onwards

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Kyrosiris posted:

There's one for the pile.

Serene Dragon posted:

Here's another Butes for the pledge :)

AlphaKretin posted:

Chalk up another Butes.

Fat and Useless posted:

Thief(void), Zerk, Dancer, Oracle

I grinded, alot. I stole, alot. I quaked, alot.

Bregor posted:

Reporting for :toxx: duty!

Run #1: Advance BERSKERER RISK — Knight / Berserker / Samurai / Cannoneer

Team Chad Brave Blade Butes never had to run away because it was too busy sticking mobs with the pointy ends of things.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Between Chemist and Canonneer, you get to choose your flavour of broken.

blakelmenakle posted:

The hardest part of the Winner run was figuring out in what ways you want to break the game open.

Osci posted:

White/Barb/Rang/Sam meant that bosses were a breeze. Random encounters were surprisingly painful as I was stuck doing damage with basic attacks until rapid fire.
Shinryu and exdeath were trivial. The party have healing, buffs, the ability to berserk and tons of damage.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You got it, Chief.

Huzzah! posted:

another Butes for the pile.

jaclynhyde posted:

Have an extra-enthusiastic BUTES for the pile!

MagusDraco posted:

Butes Run.

Unreal_One posted:

Thanks, the problem was two singers ends in death. A dummy target berserker with just an aegis shield stopped the double white holing. First ever run down.

Doom Goon posted:

Seriously, boosted Syldra is like cheating (the Mighty Guard didn't hurt but Golem was very good too). I don't think I've ever had an easier Neo Exdeath.

Procrastine posted:

Beastmaster/Bard/Ranger/Monk, triple crown

DalaranJ posted:

Technically, I have never beaten this game before. I always stopped right before NED.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

(One more Butes for the pile)

I've counted 21 complete Butes runs so far! I'm hoping I finish my own in time for it to count.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Cattail Prophet posted:

For Omega:

Step 1: give your dancer dual wield
Step 2: put the chicken knife in their main hand and literally anything else in their off hand
Step 3: congratulations, your sword dances no longer trigger counters from Omega
Step 4: you still need to survive its standard routine though, so the rest of your team is probably on full time elixir/phoenix down duty
E: it occurs to me that this method should also work with dragoon and trident jumps

For Shinryu, you might be able to make a jumpspam strat work at fairly reasonable levels? Remember that the maneater gets the spear bonus to jumps.

Wait, how does step 3 even work?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

1234567890num posted:

Wait, how does step 3 even work?

programming (omega only counters damaging hits, if your second hit does no damage he doesn't counter it at all, i think)

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

First time playing FFV and doing a fiesta run at the same time. In world 2 with a Knight/Time Mage/Ninja/Samurai team. Anything I should be aiming for to maximize my setup? I had to run away twice because I got caught with a Chimera in the desert early on so I know Brave Blade is going to be in my future albeit with my two times I had to flee.

My levels are pretty high but I can attribute to my inexperience with the game and not running away so I am able to brute force most encounters.

Time mage is still using a healing staff to provide occasional cheap healing, Samurai is dbl gripping his Katana, but outside of that I haven't really done much but keep up with equipment from shops and spells for my time mage.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

You've got a ninja so just go for chicken knife instead, twin lance main hand chicken knife offhand will skip the !flee proc.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Well I beat Omega a few days ago, but Shinryu keeps kicking my Blue/Dragoon/Geomancer/Cannoneer team's rear end. Should I just grind some levels out or is there something I'm missing?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

White Mage, Mystic Knight, Dragoon, Dancer

As you can see, Omega was a very close victory. Thundaga spellblade + Sword Dance to pierce his defense and evasion.
Shinryu was just cast berserk and keep everyone blinked.
Break spellblade removes Al-majisti, then keep everyone shelled on blinked to avoid dying horribly. One Grand Cross happened, Faris was jumping at the time, Krile got old (promptly esuna'd), I didn't see anything happen to the other two.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Well I beat Omega a few days ago, but Shinryu keeps kicking my Blue/Dragoon/Geomancer/Cannoneer team's rear end. Should I just grind some levels out or is there something I'm missing?

Theoretically any team can use wonder wand to berserk him and then equip stuff that blocks physical attacks. Don't try to fight him honestly.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

You can berserk him with the Wonder Rod, but without blink or a source of blind that ignores magic evasion, you'll need a lot of phoenix downs to keep up with him. You could get Mirage Vests either as rare steals from Oiseaurares in the Island Shrine with the Thief Knife or rare drops from Tonberries in Istory Falls and use the re-equip bug but that seems obnoxious.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Fight was easy, and Mystic Knight really saved my run from not being as tedious as I was worried. Also Mime was absolutely useless aside from berserking Shinryu so it was possible to beat. Future notes is that Beastmaster while strong is pretty drat tedious.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Azza Bamboo posted:

Cheesed windigo by spamming bahamut summons. The summoner had an ice shield and enjoyed the ice attacks they got in return

Had another character hide in case the summoner needed slapping out of a confused state.

I think I'm starting to get this game.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Air Knife-boosted !Gaia with Summoner's Magic boost is actually really good, guys.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

agradine posted:

Air Knife-boosted !Gaia with Summoner's Magic boost is actually really good, guys.

*whirlpool on heavy enemies*
*bottomless bog on heavy enemies*
*leaf storm in general*

yeah, really good :v:

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Kyrosiris posted:

*leaf storm in general*

Basically any dungeon that matters (other than forests) give you a solid chance for Wind Slash, which can get you between 1.5k-2k for free.

It's not gonna win you any boss battles (other than dropping free Meteors on Bahamut, anyway) but it does exactly what it's supposed to do, which is get you through random encounters quickly, easily and without wasting MP.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kyrosiris posted:

*leaf storm in general*

* Against Neo Exdeath. Results in other circumstances maywill vary from user to user.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Gaia isn't too bad most of the time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KataraniSword posted:

* Against Neo Exdeath. Results in other circumstances maywill vary from user to user.

Yeah, against NED it's fine. Most of the time it's "2/3 odds of piddly damage/a spell that does literally nothing to 90% of bosses" or "the forest gaia set, which sucks complete rear end".

agradine posted:

get you through random encounters quickly, easily and without wasting MP.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Lurdiak posted:

!Combine can set berserk and blind. You should be good after that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

hell ya

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Oh sure, I could run from random encounters*, but I prefer not having to grind

*There's never really any reason to fight anything in the Rift, so...

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

agradine posted:

Oh sure, I could run from random encounters*, but I prefer not having to grind

*There's never really any reason to fight anything in the Rift, so...

castle exdeath, world 3 optional areas, and the rift are actually the only places where you should strongly consider fighting stuff, cause almost everything there has low run rates!

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

fool_of_sound posted:

castle exdeath, world 3 optional areas, and the rift are actually the only places where you should strongly consider fighting stuff, cause almost everything there has low run rates!

For the most part, yes. But Behemoths are never with the effort, and Movers can be a pain when you don't need the AP, which you shouldn't by that part

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

agradine posted:

For the most part, yes. But Behemoths are never with the effort, and Movers can be a pain when you don't need the AP, which you shouldn't by that part

Behemoths are hilariously weak to status effects. Even if you don't need to fight them, it can be fun to take them out that way.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

agradine posted:

Movers, interestingly, have a 100% run rate, compared to everything else in the last floor's 7%!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The team slams back an astounding amount of drugs, then kiss a robot to death

they also killed a dragon i guess

they then did more drugs and killed a tree, followed by psychedelic cactus representing the difficulties of drug abuse