Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
omg did tim hortons switch on ottawa!!??? burger king is trying to undermine the confederation lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

loving these "corporate sponsor on top, canada on the bottom" canada day posters

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Lol was just listening to a cbc segment on the concentration camps on the US-mexico border and our glorious neutral news org decided both sides the issue. after having someone on that described the incredibly hosed conditions of the camps, they immediately interviewed some sociopath right wing judge who blamed the US Congress for not providing 4.5 billion in WALL money for the conditions, i had to turn it off when he started to :goonsay: about the term "concentration camps". many sides

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
please don't report back on CBC. I don't need to know their reporting is still trash

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

flakeloaf posted:

loving these "corporate sponsor on top, canada on the bottom" canada day posters

It's going to be cool as hell when the Oops We Did A Genocide Day is a national holiday and we get native themed Doritos bags

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It's going to be cool as hell when the Oops We Did A Genocide Day is a national holiday and we get native themed Doritos bags

Lays Native Tastes: pemmican, Salish Salmon, sage and sweetgrass

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Arivia posted:

Lays Native Tastes: pemmican, Salish Salmon, sage and sweetgrass

ok but what if I actually want these.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ARACHTION posted:

ok but what if I actually want these.

it's okay! 10 cents from each bag goes to water treatment plants for Native communities!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I bought a bag of that coffee; the drink tastes fine but it smells like a rotting dog when you grind it :s

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Arivia posted:

it's okay! 10 cents from each bag goes to water treatment plants for Native communities!

for every selfie shared, we will donate 10 cents to raise awareness of lack of clean drinking water.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Does anyone have the interview from the Harper aide discussing the motivations for scrapping the long form census? He talks about how Harper viewed the data as being able to track "transgendered immigrant single mothers who take public transit" or something like that, and by getting rid of the data you would get rid of the ability to provide services for them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Today, Quebec is drunk.

...er.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

MonsieurChoc posted:

Today, Quebec is drunk.

...er.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIpm6N58MAQ

*sniff*

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Bonne fete de la Saint Jean :quebec:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Has anyone given Michael Cooper a wedgie and stuffed him in a gym locker yet?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

zapplez posted:

can you send this amazon link for a weaponized dildo. its for a friend.

https://www.wired.com/2007/10/so-who-wants-to/ :nws: robots

xtal has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Jun 24, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Maggie

Wente

Is

Out

At

The

Globe

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It's a Baptiste Day Miracle

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

the ratio of humans who die from the lack of guns vs people who die by gunshot wound is like 10 to 1. And by the way not letting gays and melaninated people have guns is explicitly the nazi position on gun control which the authoritarian left just happens to agree with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Another Bill posted:

It's a Baptiste Day Miracle

SSB perma'd?

The day keeps on going

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

the ratio of humans who die from the lack of guns vs people who die by gunshot wound is like 10 to 1. And by the way not letting gays and melaninated people have guns is explicitly the nazi position on gun control which the authoritarian left just happens to agree with

If only he had a gun to protect himself with.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Another Bill posted:

Maggie

Wente

Is

Out

At

The

Globe

i cannot even conceive of the circumstances that led to this

her entire history as a columnist, what the gently caress line did she finally manage to cross?

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

her entire history as a columnist, what the gently caress line did she finally manage to cross?

The last year of age that you can defer CPP/OAS and increase the payout, with a big old buyout offer to boot.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

good shoot

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm sure Christy Blatchford is more than willing to pick up the slack.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I saw Greg Selinger today at work. I was not happy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

James Baud posted:

The last year of age that you can defer CPP/OAS and increase the payout, with a big old buyout offer to boot.

oh, right

makes sense

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Has anyone given Michael Cooper a wedgie and stuffed him in a gym locker yet?

I made fun of him for wearing extremely short jogging shorts to gym class in grade 7 if that helps.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Free ssb

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i think reddit has whole subs of people like him if you're interested

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i'll smoke sumthin in your honour, bitch

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

even at that price i feel like i overpaid

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Fashionable Jorts posted:

If only he had a gun to protect himself with.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Suplex Liberace posted:

I saw Greg Selinger today at work. I was not happy.

hes wierdly tall and lanky

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

infernal machines posted:

she got the golden handshake aka a buyout

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/eaton-centre-fight-1.5189651

Well, this was certainly a fight between two groups of PROTESTORS.

Between the PROTESTORS holding signs, and the PROTESTORS wearing helmets and body armor.

You know, helmets and body armor, peaceful protesting gear.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

Nuamah said Pride was "incredibly well looked after" by the Toronto Police Service during the weekend's festivities, which is why incidents did not spill into Pride events.

Is it telling that I think one of the few bright spots from that article is how the police did their jobs, unlike those shitheels in Hamilton who should've already been fired and replaced by the OPP by this point?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The coverage is kinda funny because they really had to go digging for this.

The OC is here https://anti-racistcanada.blogspot.com/2019/06/ron-banerjee-lets-get-into-big-fight.html?m=1

The skirmish was like four people trading blows in the mall, it was as close to a non-event as possible given the circumstances.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

flakeloaf posted:

Is it telling that I think one of the few bright spots from that article is how the police did their jobs, unlike those shitheels in Hamilton who should've already been fired and replaced by the OPP by this point?

What if I told you the police actively protected these PEGIDA assholes so they had a place to mobilize (inside the Atrium on Bay I heard) and also always protect from counter protesters when they do their near monthly rallies at Toronto city hall?

My point being if the cops got out of the way and let the anti-fascists occupy the PEDIGA meeting point, there wouldn't be a PEDIGA rally in the first place because they wouldn't even get organized enough to have 4 of them in one place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe doug ford should just outlaw events that would be protested by the far-right so people don't start fights any more.