Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mr. Maggy posted:

I saw Leowyld posting on a city of heroes revival forum about how to best make a racon

look i dont know what to tell you other than that making your own superhero whos blatantly based off of one you like is a lot of fun

these are like my two mains on the Everlasting server in CoH Homecoming

none of you will be surprised im sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I keep making Batman but with a gun

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Note that the majority of goons are playing on Indomitable. Or the goon run server. But probably mostly Indomitable.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I hope you're naming him NonLethalCustomHero

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

I hope you're naming him NonLethalCustomHero

Nope, should be RubberBulletsHonest.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kheldarn posted:

Note that the majority of goons are playing on Indomitable. Or the goon run server. But probably mostly Indomitable.

yeah most goons are on Indomitable, im on Everlasting because im one of those roleplayer weirdos

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Sea Lily posted:

look i dont know what to tell you other than that making your own superhero whos blatantly based off of one you like is a lot of fun

I've seen you running around

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Sea Lily posted:

coh is a lot of fun and i have like 40 characters on indom for no real reason besides i thought of a fun idea at 2 am

#stalkergang

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have a fwiend named Biggus Nictus.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Are people actually playing that because I think I got 5 minutes of COH before it shut down, and would totally get into it again

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Are people actually playing that because I think I got 5 minutes of COH before it shut down, and would totally get into it again

Like, everybody is. It’s insanely popular.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Waiting to get clown'd in discord

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

would've thought you'd had enough of that irl

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Cursed post.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

i think theres a few dozen goons on Indomitable plus a small presence on the RP server (everlasting? i forget the name)

it's not a huge game but there's like 3k people online in the morning on a workday right as i type this post

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890655

There's also a goon run server, and I very rarely don't have a full 8 man goon group on Indom. You can just instantly switch between hero and villain sides, level with double XP, some old bugs have been fixed and there's been some minor but good balance changes.

There's only been one DCMA notice and it's been for the release of the raw code, NCSoft generally leaves private servers alone.

:getin: :getin: :getin:

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Are there GoKs?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 thread is up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893301&perpage=40

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Yeah but the guy that posted that thread is famous for posting enthusiastically about lovely games and I'm not falling for his tricks again

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

Yeah but the guy that posted that thread is famous for posting enthusiastically about lovely games and I'm not falling for his tricks again

The saying goes fool me 50 times shame of you. We aren’t quite there yet. Keep falling for the tricks.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The saying goes fool me 50 times shame of you. We aren’t quite there yet. Keep falling for the tricks.

That's exactly what that guy said the last time!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

BabyFur Denny posted:

That's exactly what that guy said the last time!

And that was only the 47th time, so it's all good.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'll not fall for your tricks again, Loki-in-hiding Sun God.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Come to the dark side. The fun side.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Come to the dark side. The fun side.

No

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cant wait to play it in 2030 when its released on a system i own for maybe 3 weeks and then withdrawn from sale

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I just realized I'm going to be a millionaire because I have Marvel Heroes steam trading cards that can't be earned anymore.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I already got my badge to level 5 so nobody is buying them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I just realized I'm going to be a millionaire because I have Marvel Heroes steam trading cards that can't be earned anymore.

You can have my foil Emma card over my dead body.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Will do impure things for a foil Wolferine

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

You'll do impure things for a dollar and six cents?

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/226320-Wolverine%20%28Foil%29?filter=marvel%20heroes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
don't slutshame

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I am now and forever a whore

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
can confirm

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Happy August. AP5 coming any day now.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Are the servers back up yet? They’re late

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Switch flipper :argh:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

In the meantime we have the lovely Switch game and the lovely Oculus game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The Switch game looked awful, it actually was? I watched Giant Bomb's video but it was a very limited showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

The response in the thread here looked pretty lukewarm, at best.