Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Platonicsolid posted:

Long drives with the kids lead to playing dumb songs from their parents youth leads to dumb gimmick characters.

I love this game.

Glagha posted:

It said right in the song she's changing her name from Kitty to Karen, can't even follow lore right 1/10

Jacket's not long enough :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Glagha posted:

It said right in the song she's changing her name from Kitty to Karen, can't even follow lore right 1/10

You mean the dreamscape created by her nemesis, Barely Adequate Romantic Partner Man?

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

I could have sworn someone posted a link to updated vidiot maps here in the thread, but alas, I must be blind because I can't find it.

Anyone have the link?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

As a blaster, should I be getting Ion Judgment instead of Void Judgment for the sake of having a more distant AOE?

I just kinda inherently took Void Judgment because that sounds badass.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm not sure I've ever run into somebody with a Judgement ability other than Ion, or rarely Pyronic on a farmer that's stepped outside of AE. Void probably works just fine on a build that's already focused on PBAoE though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Glagha posted:

It is also, at best, a medium length jacket.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

As a blaster, should I be getting Ion Judgment instead of Void Judgment for the sake of having a more distant AOE?

I just kinda inherently took Void Judgment because that sounds badass.

Personally I find that a PBaoE Judgement is best for melee dudes, and a ranged one for squishy ones.

Most people take Ion, but the problem with that is that it will not jump to a target that has been hit by an Ion Judgement in the last four seconds. So, on a big group like an Itrial, there's a chance it will whiff.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I personally like pyro judgement the most because it has the fastest animation and is a targeted aoe so it's easy to just throw it out whenever.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

^^^ I have to admit, enemies getting angry at you a good two seconds before Ion vaporizes them is kind of annoying.

I just want to know what they were thinking when they made Vorpal Judgment. Not so much the smashing / lethal part (though that's still pretty lol compared to the others for damage type) but the non-targeted cone part.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 24, 2019

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Traffic in Kallisti Wharf is a mess.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Traffic in Kallisti Wharf is a mess.

Voltron powerset confirmed. Just...still in beta.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

HPanda posted:

It's too bad the game didn't survive to the Antman movie. We totally could have gotten a size-based power set.

People were asking for Mr. Fantastic stretching and size changing sets since about day 1. The engine isn't built for the former, and the latter goes from "yeah that's totally doable" to staring in horror at the hundreds of indoor mission maps and narrow environments.

Cheeseman posted:

I could have sworn someone posted a link to updated vidiot maps here in the thread, but alas, I must be blind because I can't find it.

Anyone have the link?

This has the originals and the issue 25 update.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Abroham Lincoln posted:

People were asking for Mr. Fantastic stretching and size changing sets since about day 1. The engine isn't built for the former, and the latter goes from "yeah that's totally doable" to staring in horror at the hundreds of indoor mission maps and narrow environments.

This has the originals and the issue 25 update.

The CoT Lasher (?) has a stretchy tongue power. It doesn't look great but they were trying it out.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The engine can't handle huge players either. One time, a GM was changing a bunch of players into different models. When he made us into the Avatar of Hamidon, the camera was inside the model unless zoomed really far out, and the model jumped around like crazy when not on level ground.

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

Thank you, kindly

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Inzombiac posted:

The CoT Lasher (?) has a stretchy tongue power. It doesn't look great but they were trying it out.

Yeah, there's a lot you can "fake" with cool animations/FX when the model is static, but it just crumples when you have to factor in body sizes and costume pieces and everything.

I was always disappointed we never got a good "blur" trail like Synapse has, but once I did the Who Will Die part 1 on a villain I remembered that Synapse's blur effect is faked in similar fashion and made specifically for his costume's colors and pattern.

Gynovore posted:

The engine can't handle huge players either. One time, a GM was changing a bunch of players into different models. When he made us into the Avatar of Hamidon, the camera was inside the model unless zoomed really far out, and the model jumped around like crazy when not on level ground.

Yeah, I think the most viable increase is like, up to 10-12 feet or so? Roughly? Which isn't that impressive for a powerset and may as well just get added back to the character creator.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I'm usually asking in goonchat, but if people are ever interested in doing redside strike forces, hit me up. Jarman Ultra. (it's funny because it sounds like a brand of toilet paper).

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

CoH never getting size changing stuff when CO launched with stuff that could make you like 30-50 feet tall without any problem kinda tells us all we need to know about engine limitations. clearly they would have done it if the game would play nice with it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sea Lily posted:

CoH never getting size changing stuff when CO launched with stuff that could make you like 30-50 feet tall without any problem kinda tells us all we need to know about engine limitations. clearly they would have done it if the game would play nice with it

I loved that bug where you could stack the size change and make it permanent until you zoned.
We got up to 100 feet or so.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Look, just do like the rest of us do and make a stalker who is tiny when it's "invisible" and has to fight at normal size until regaining enough power to shrink for a sneak attack.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Thundarr posted:

I just want to know what they were thinking when they made Vorpal Judgment. Not so much the smashing / lethal part (though that's still pretty lol compared to the others for damage type) but the non-targeted cone part.

I find Vorpal hilarious and will mash that button every chance I get on a corruptor. Bonus points if I aggro four different groups because of the sheer size of that stupid-rear end cone.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM!

There's a scarf option in the capes styles! Find that!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

mastajake posted:

Look, just do like the rest of us do and make a stalker who is tiny when it's "invisible" and has to fight at normal size until regaining enough power to shrink for a sneak attack.

That’s Microman! Rad/Energy!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nehru the Damaja posted:

There's a scarf option in the capes styles! Find that!

gently caress I forgot!

Edit: People are going to be mad because he's not Sonic anything and not a Blaster.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I vaguely remember in my childhood there was one of those punching bag arcade cabinets for Sonic Blastman, and one of the features on it was that it had a camera that could take a picture of you/your friend's face and you could punch it and it'd bloat the face lol

I've never found one ever again though

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
You never found one again because they were recalled, too many idiots were injuring themselves.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

huh, really? I mean, I've seen punching bag arcade machines since then, just not that specific Sonic Blast Man one

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Thundarr posted:

^^^ I have to admit, enemies getting angry at you a good two seconds before Ion vaporizes them is kind of annoying.

Probably "this loving rules", because it does.

As an indestructible PB firing off a quick phantom kick and hitting a billion dudes in a five mile radius is the best. COME TO ME ALL OF YOU.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

One day I hope they put in the ability to choose more than 3 options for paper missions.
Honestly I just always want to fight Trolls

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

It'd be great if you could just pick your Enemy Group and Map

At least Council are always in offices and warehouses

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

doing the final mission of bedwyr's arc in night ward with a friend and i didn't notice him running off to a group i didn't see and he got his dumb rear end killed (+0/x3 and he isnt that sturdy) but both of us figure hes a chump anyway and just keep going

during the super dramatic scene after lorn goes down bedwyr's corpse starts gliding around the loving ground between his final resting place and pendragon

not once does the scene stop, all the npcs are still talking while bedwyr's dead rear end skates all over the place like HEY GUYS I'M STILL HERE PROMISE

i havent laughed this hard at video game jank in a long rear end time

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Sea Lily posted:

CO launched with stuff that could make you like 30-50 feet tall without any problem

that is a wild claim to make, given how Draysha was used by us

EDIT: I was mostly smarting off but that engine would take just about any excuse to make you 100 feet tall. STO and Neverwinter don't seem to do any size-changing at all, presumably for this reason

Inzombiac posted:

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM!

lol I just blundered into this game in an SNES ROM collection the other day, better your gimmick alt than mine

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 25, 2019

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

LordSaturn posted:

that is a wild claim to make, given how Draysha was used by us

i meant in the sense that the game didnt suddenly have a meltdown if you were really tall. there were some quirks to it but it was mostly fine

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Even default max height in CoH seems a bit shaky, considering how the chat balloons are often lodged halfway into my tall characters' heads.

Beard Collector
Sep 2, 2004
Skallet8732's pain brings me the pleasure of demon cock.

Hakarne posted:

I had a question about the Force Feedback +recharge proc - is it actually worth it? It's hard to tell how much recharge time it actually knocks off of long CD powers like Hasten and whatnot. +100% for 5 seconds sounds good but if it's only like 1 second overall then meh, there are better procs. I have 132% recharge with Hasten up fwiw.

I know I'm a bit late on this, but I am pretty sure the formula for how much a FF proc cuts off the cooldown for a power is:

5 seconds * (100) / (100 + Existing Recharge Bonus)

Existing Recharge Bonus is global recharge + recharge from enhancements on the power. So if you have 132% global with hasten, and, say, 90% in enhancements in the power, a proc would shave 1.5 seconds off the cooldown.

This doesn't quite apply perfectly if the proc causes the cooldown to go under 5 seconds ,(e.g if you have no recharge and the skill normally has an 8 second cooldown, it will be ready in 4 seconds). Trying to accommodate that extra time while the proc is active but the skill has already cooled down makes the math hard. I've vaguely tested this with hasten and the numbers seems as right as they can by looking at the CD indicators.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Stelas posted:

I find Vorpal hilarious and will mash that button every chance I get on a corruptor. Bonus points if I aggro four different groups because of the sheer size of that stupid-rear end cone.

What's the animation for Vorpal?

and Mighty actually.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

spectralent posted:

What's the animation for Vorpal?

and Mighty actually.

Vorpal is a cone attack where a bunch of shadow clones of you appear and punch enemies and it owns.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Harrow posted:

Vorpal is a cone attack where a bunch of shadow clones of you appear and punch enemies and it owns.

It's a spin kick and yeah, it super owns.

Mighty is you do a superhero landing on the ground and if you take the Radial version, all your foes in a PBAoE that's deceptively bigger than the giant pothole you leave on the ground are knocked up into the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
Just wanted to shout out to anybody still on the fence about picking this game back up. It owns owns owns and being two weeks in I haven’t found the need to farm yet, just being smart about the amount of enhancements I buy (only some acc and recharge) in order to save my inf for when I get to level 50. I have maybe soloed an hour total, and I’m only teaming because there is always something available. I’m positive farming would make things faster, but I’m treating Homecoming as if it could be shut down for one reason or another any day and enjoying the journey with my dudes.

Doing Villain tips with a full team of goons last night for a couple hours and laughing my rear end off was the most fun I’ve had on a game since the live servers were up! That poor pubbie that I invited had no idea what we were talking about.

Come join us and enjoy the ride :)