Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if they're going to add any kind of post-game content to FF7 Remake. At the very least, it would give you more content to use Red XIII in. With the game just being all of Midgar, you won't get him in your party until the very end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Thy were very vague with most stuff, but yeah, probably for the best.

And pat is absolutely right. FF7 is ABSURDLY huge in scope.

I wonder if they'd ever consider giving FF6 the remake treatment once FF7 remake is done. :v:

Yeah I was definitely on the same side with him when people were like "I want an FF7 remake," and I would respond "I bet you don't even understand what actually happened in that game, much less how big it actually was, and how much bigger you'd need to make it in order to work right."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

liam is so wholesome on this sonic 06 playthrough

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if they're going to add any kind of post-game content to FF7 Remake. At the very least, it would give you more content to use Red XIII in. With the game just being all of Midgar, you won't get him in your party until the very end of the game.

I'm so excited for Red. That doggo is going to look so amazing in this new engine.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Given the need for his unique skeleton and constant fur and fire effects I doubt we’ll see good ol’ Nanaki until right before release.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
infamous "Better Woolie" Brennan Williams unveiled his new wrestling name: Dio Maddin. His slogan is "Welcome to Maddintown"

no words

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mel Mudkiper posted:

infamous "Better Woolie" Brennan Williams unveiled his new wrestling name: Dio Maddin. His slogan is "Welcome to Maddintown"

no words

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie is also at the final bits of Wonderful 101 and the joy and hype are so good.

MEANWHILE
https://twitter.com/SoushinSen/status/1141889945080094720

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God bless minh

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is it just me or are the small edits in the Sonic 2006 videos really weird? They just randomly cut like 10 seconds of footage for no reason.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 21, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Construction.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Seems weird to cut footage instead of just cutting mic audio.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's pretty much how he was editing Travis Strikes Again, too, except with bigger gaps. It's not as hard to follow as TSA was, but it's still a bit distracting.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

It got a little confusing when Liam discovered the reset camera button so I couldn't tell if Liam was snapping the camera back to Sonic or they were doing an edit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Plan Z posted:

It got a little confusing when Liam discovered the reset camera button so I couldn't tell if Liam was snapping the camera back to Sonic or they were doing an edit.

The magic of Sonic 2006.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja LP with Woolie and Eye-patch Wolf is really good.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The Sonic 06 LP is going really smoothly. It probably helps that they're playing the 360 version which controls a lot better, but it seems like Liam's familiar with Sonic Adventure style of jank, and that saves a lot of "AH WHAT THAT'S BULLSHIT" that anyone with sense could have figured out.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's fascinating seeing literally everyone do a better job at playing Sonic 06 than pokecapn & friends

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I remember before Pokecapn's LP, 06 was regarded as awful but it didn't really stay on peoples' minds. I think the only people that got it were kids and people who played Sonic Adventure and could deal with some of the hyper-jank that 06 inherited from those games. It was only after everyone started to do the 200 part LPs and dying 10 times a minute did it start getting the Worst Game Ever treatment (which it super deserves). I played it on the 360, but I've noticed that most people play it on the PS3 and I can kind of tell that the game hates the dual-shocks even more than the 360 sticks.

But yeah, it had a time-delay before the internet really discovered how awful it was.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my friend bought sonic 06 in 06 and we beat it together and its one of my most cherished memories

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

It's fascinating seeing literally everyone do a better job at playing Sonic 06 than pokecapn & friends

They aren't mainlining it for three days straight unlike pokecapn and the poor bastards he roped on.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I stopped watching Woolie's Wonderful 101 LP around episode 45, so I waited for it to finish and then mainlined it all in a row this weekend.

Man, wonderful 101 is so good and really didn't deserve to bomb so hard and get tossed into the forgotten bin of history like it did. They really need to put it on switch.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Woolie: It's time to talk about JoJo

also Woolie: with Kira Buckland, for like an hour and twenty minutes

me: yeah sure this will be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_Dp4p5RKA

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Stairmaster posted:

i remember waiting months and months for slowbeef to reach moments like radical train only for him to breeze past it. the game still made sure to make him suffer though, as sonic 06 always does... :rip: his PS3

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, wonderful 101 is so good and really didn't deserve to bomb so hard and get tossed into the forgotten bin of history like it did. They really need to put it on switch.
Funny you say that. :catdrugs:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Why, did they announce it for switch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They've hinted at it repeatedly but have said nothing official.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Liam's willingness to actually explore the side content in 06 paid dividends again. I had no idea the mini-Sonic gem existed, or that it gave you infinite jumps. Why in God's name is that in the game.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is the infinite jumping a bug, or a stated effect of that gem?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Something between the U.B. music, the horrible bossfight, and Woolie dropping the mask a bit made this episode of T3B profoundly uncomfortable.

And we haven't even gotten to the part that will shatter Woolie's soul yet.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

A good poster posted:

Who can even tell with this game. That feels like a debug function they left in because gently caress it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Archenteron posted:

Something between the U.B. music, the horrible bossfight, and Woolie dropping the mask a bit made this episode of T3B profoundly uncomfortable.

And we haven't even gotten to the part that will shatter Woolie's soul yet.

I'm not watching it, but what's woolie doing that's so awkward?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A good poster posted:

I think the gems are supposed to use meter but with Sonic it's bugged to never actually drain.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat stop skipping leg day. Get back to leg day.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not watching it, but what's woolie doing that's so awkward?

venting some frustrations about being the butt of so many jokes when SBF was still active / complaining about people still using those jokes

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Bonaventure posted:

venting some frustrations about being the butt of so many jokes when SBF was still active / complaining about people still using those jokes

You can only roll with the punches for so long, but maybe woolie the pie stealing liar never did.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

A good poster posted:

It's Liams stand, Jump. While it's usually used to jump the gun, it's useful in other ways.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

Liam's willingness to actually explore the side content in 06 paid dividends again. I had no idea the mini-Sonic gem existed, or that it gave you infinite jumps. Why in God's name is that in the game.

Yeah one of the things that makes Sonic 06 LPs such a slog is that a lot of them forget to buy upgrades after a while. They're usually either pointless or game-breakingly good. The teleport gem and the scale on their own are crazy busted, but are also used for some crazy speed-running stuff. I really recommend the AGDQ of Sonic 06. Those guys did a killer job.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whens woolie gonna talk about hxh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I've never watched Attack on Titan, but listening to Pat and Woolie talk about it, it sounds like Dune with big dumb giants instead of big dumb worms.