Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

I still can't get over wingull just t-posing back and forth. Even if Gamefreak wanted to write off the silly M-shaped flapping it did in the anime they could have at least made it bob up and down instead of coasting along. Litterally anything would have been better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Aristide posted:

I still can't get over wingull just t-posing back and forth. Even if Gamefreak wanted to write off the silly M-shaped flapping it did in the anime they could have at least made it bob up and down instead of coasting along. Litterally anything would have been better.

I'm so tired man. I can't help but wonder what kind of nightmare coding job is going on in there because this isn't loving rocket science stuff. I mean the act of putting them in the overworld apparently warranted cutting out a chunk of the pokedex. Not being aware of what the gently caress is going on in this game puts me in a weird position where I'm feeling disappointed as poo poo and at the same unsure If I'm asking for too much here and putting the workers at risk of crunch.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I've been using the same Sableye since RS and if I can't use him in SwSh I honestly don't know what I'm going to do

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

that video blows

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/satellite_09/status/1143213984696303617?s=21

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just to be clear, if I want to move my Pokemon from Platinum and Soul Silver up to bank, I need to finish Pokemon Black/White, right?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Just to be clear, if I want to move my Pokemon from Platinum and Soul Silver up to bank, I need to finish Pokemon Black/White, right?

You'll need to get to postgame, yes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And also to be clear, there's absolutely no technical reason that GameFreak couldn't have spent a tiny bit of extra effort and coded a 3DS bank app that can directly extract your savegame file from the DS/3DS cart of any Gen 4 or later game and upload Pokemon from your boxes in the save, bypassing whatever limitations the in-game transfer system has.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 25, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MikeJF posted:

And also to be clear, there's absolutely no technical reason that GameFreak couldn't have spent a tiny bit of extra effort and coded a 3DS bank app that can directly extract your savegame file from the DS/3DS cart of any Gen 4 or later game and upload Pokemon from your boxes in the save, bypassing whatever limitations the in-game transfer system has.

I think we've well established that this poo poo is well beyond them.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Game Freak seems to make games by accident.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Times like this make me glad I'm just a casual fan of the series. I'll get the game, get a bunch of critters available in this game. And beat the Elite 4.

For me each new game gives me the chance to play it with a new set of pokemon. If I'd just use the same team for every game I'd get bored quick.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also I just zapped the Arceus I got years ago on Platinum over to SS and did the special event it triggers and what the gently caress was that

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Ruggington posted:

that video blows

Not an empty quote.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Blaziken386 posted:

Give me 10 minutes and I'll have one for you. FC is 1263-6844-1789, Name is Allison

I was on vacation when I posted that but I think I'll take you up on that sometime this week if I can remember.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

Ok, I don't know if this has been linked yet but this is actually pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAcZhvup25o
Get hosed 90s studio :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

Ok, I don't know if this has been linked yet but this is actually pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAcZhvup25o
"gotta caught'em all" indeed, you got'em student animator dude

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

yeah anyone saying "programming isn't that simple" as an apologism for a studio making that much money consistently really can get hosed, this is inexcusable.

Again, enough lovely gimmicks and more polishing what's proven to work.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wonder who makes more money on Pokémon: Game Freak or Nintendo?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The Galar dex will probably contain most if not all the Pokemon currently available in GO plus a few more from gen 5-7. In turn, GO will get quickpatched to include those select few pokemon from gen 5-7 + the new pokes from Galar region.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lezard_valeth posted:

The Galar dex will probably contain most if not all the Pokemon currently available in GO plus a few more from gen 5-7. In turn, GO will get quickpatched to include those select few pokemon from gen 5-7 + the whole new Galar dex.

Doesn’t Go has like the entire first 4 gens now?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yup, so Galar dex will probably contain most of gen 1-4th Pokes + a few from later gen that will probably be added to GO closer to the games release to maximize compatibility between the two, which seems to be what Nintendo is going for.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

lezard_valeth posted:

Yup, so Galar dex will probably contain most of gen 1-4th Pokes + a few from later gen that will probably be added to GO closer to the games release to maximize compatibility between the two, which seems to be what Nintendo is going for.

Why do you assume this?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Have they even said anything about GO being compatible with Sword & Shield?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

d3lness posted:

No because they're awful. Those games have a wind up time of a thorium reactor with hamster wheel powered lasers.

can you recommend a better game where i get to play as a pokemon with my pokemon friends??

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's going to be the original 151 to appeal to thirty-something Americans, the new Pokémon, and whatever's in-between that manages to sell toys and anything else they were able to do. They'll make a third version or sequel with the rest because they'll have the time and a little less pressure from Nintendo to crank out a new game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There's still a couple Gen III and IV 'mons it's missing, a couple of legendaries.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Lazy_Liberal posted:

can you recommend a better game where i get to play as a pokemon with my pokemon friends??
Pokken Tournament :getin:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Larryb posted:

Have they even said anything about GO being compatible with Sword & Shield?

Go is compatible with Home so at the very least you'll be able to transfer your Go mons to SwSh. Though again I doubt they have every mon from Go available in SwSh.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Star Man posted:

It's going to be the original 151 to appeal to thirty-something Americans, the new Pokémon, and whatever's in-between that manages to sell toys and anything else they were able to do. They'll make a third version or sequel with the rest because they'll have the time and a little less pressure from Nintendo to crank out a new game.

No it won't, because the games first and foremost have to appeal to the Japanese. I get that the original 151 being the highlight is a meme, but they've literally never included all 151 in any game beyond the original (discounting remakes) - even GS omitted several of the one-off Pokemon. The Japanese do like more than the first generation. The whole reason for Alola forms was to do something new with them, because they're getting old. If nostalgia for the 151 was the most important factor we wouldn't see obscure monsters like Morelull in Detective Pikachu.

There are 15 families from Kanto confirmed, and 12 from Unova - with Unova not having access to other generations evolutions to pump their numbers up. There are more gen 3 Pokemon who can mega-evolve than any other, which you could argue is because of the remakes if not for the fact that XY offers 10 Pokemon who can mega-evolve from gen 1 and 10 from gen 3.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Zore posted:

Go is compatible with Home so at the very least you'll be able to transfer your Go mons to SwSh. Though again I doubt they have every mon from Go available in SwSh.

Galar's too stormy and grey, so when prompted a good portion of your Pokemon will elect to stay in their comfy new Home instead.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Lazy_Liberal posted:

maybe if the game was an actual turn based tactics game instead of the weird system it has, and also if the dungeon tiles didn't look like rear end

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Summer Games Done Quick will have a speedrun for Crystal in about two hours: https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

It's a Any % Glitchless run that is estimated to last nearly 4 hours. So it might be boring as hell, but now you know.
Edit: There is a donation incentive for a bonus glitched run, no idea if that'll happen and how long that would last. I am guessing it is part of that 4 hour block?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 25, 2019

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It seems like you people still don't understand that the whole Galar Dex thing isn't a matter of whether they can or not (because they definitely can), but it is instead a matter of if they want to or not (they don't want to). If it ends up leading to a better game overall, then let them spend their dev hours on what they actually believe matters.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Alxprit posted:

If it ends up leading to a better game overall

it won't

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I think they're also banking on making another game after Sword and Shield which also has a selection of old monsters, but mostly ones that didn't make it into Sword and Shield.

What this means for Galar Pokemon or if they're also introducing another slew of brand new monsters is still unknown and very unlikely.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bleck posted:

it won't

How about let the game come out and then make that call?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zuzie posted:

I think they're also banking on making another game after Sword and Shield which also has a selection of old monsters, but mostly ones that didn't make it into Sword and Shield.

What this means for Galar Pokemon or if they're also introducing another slew of brand new monsters is still unknown and very unlikely.

It's likely the Gen 4 remakes are coming soon...but Gen 4 doesn't even have that many evolutionary lines of its own.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
who wants to deal with 800+ pokemon? it'll be more fun to get to know a whole new crew.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Alxprit posted:

It seems like you people still don't understand that the whole Galar Dex thing isn't a matter of whether they can or not (because they definitely can), but it is instead a matter of if they want to or not (they don't want to). If it ends up leading to a better game overall, then let them spend their dev hours on what they actually believe matters.

They made DexNav and then threw it away so they clearly don't know what's good or important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Alxprit posted:

How about let the game come out and then make that call?

agreed. nobody discuss the new games because they aren't out yet so everything is speculation

Lazy_Liberal posted:

who wants to deal with 800+ pokemon? it'll be more fun to get to know a whole new crew.

this is a bad argument since we know a lot of older gen mons will be in it. and where's your arbitrary cutoff for pokemon to be in a Pokémon game