Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Zurui posted:

Apparently many episodes of Kim Possible are based around very, very specific fetishes. I could have gone my entire life without knowing that but since I couldn't, know you know too.

Is this the point where I bring up Totally Spies and make everything uncomfortable for everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
People who want violent, sexy fanservice should just watch Sense8, the best thing the Wachowskis have ever done.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

sexpig by night posted:

as much as it's a Plutonis post it kinda isn't wrong that the "ANIME am I right????" jokes do kinda have to take place in a world where we pretend western media doesn't get gross and/or weird

It's an unexamined, socially accepted form of bigotry. People should be pushing back on that poo poo constantly.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

To bring it back down to Earth, Mrs. Doubtfire has aged about as well as you'd imagine.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Arivia posted:

there's a lot of trans people out there who are afraid to come out

That and fiction, especially anime/manga, tends to hide the downsides of being a woman to the point that they appear just better than men. How many have you seen where all the female characters are automatically beautiful and never lose that beauty, nor have to spend time working or trade off doing other things in order to maintain it?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
pull up, thread, pull up

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Leraika posted:

pull up, thread, pull up
Here, I'll help

drrockso20 posted:

Is this the point where I bring up Totally Spies and make everything uncomfortable for everyone?

PinheadSlim posted:

if you think Kim Possible was bad you should check out Totally Spies. It's a whole other level of hosed up fetish insertion.
Let's talk about the specific episodes of Totally Spies that have X fetish. Whichever ones y'all want, go.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I've never seen Kim Possible or Totally Spies so I'm just going to be willfully ignorant and assume everything you guys are about to write to be blatant lies

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I've never seen Kim Possible or Totally Spies so I'm just going to be willfully ignorant and assume everything you guys are about to write to be blatant lies
This is what I'm going with.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Post more weird poo poo that morons have wanted to play/done at the table! I can tell a funny story that is perfectly clean and safe and dumb:

I had a group of friends who wanted to learn how to play RPGs. We were working in Japan and they liked anime to varying degrees. I thought this would be the perfect time to try out Fate Accelerated. I decided to do a super sentai game where they were the chosen warriors of Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi to keep the King of Hell from creating a massive portal into the underworld and flooding the Earth with demons and monsters. It was basically a "Monster of the Week" setup, and my team consisted of the following: 1) a high school volleyball champion, 2) a terribly shy bookworm, 3) a homeless dude, 4) a streetwise orphan, 5) a crackpot obsessed with conspiracy theories, 6) a florist who looked for the beauty in everything, 7) a friendly sasquatch, and 8) a tuxedo cat who could talk. The team was, to put it lightly, not what I was expecting, but I decided to roll with it and make the game tongue-in-cheek. Their first session introduced them to their elemental-based powers, and I had them tackle a giant four-armed demon rampaging across Shinjuku. I figured they would team up and fight the demon, but they had other plans. Fate Accelerated lets you "create aspects" that are basically bonuses you can cash in on a later roll. They used their powers to stack a bunch of aspects that basically let them one-shot the demon by tearing a hole in the ground, creating a ramp, and driving a subway right into my massive demon.

We never got to finish that game. I told them that I had planned on having the story-arc end where they fought the King of Hell atop Mount Fuji, which was also the site of the gateway to the underworld. It would have been braced open by Susano-o, who would have been reunited with his brother and sister once they successfully defeated the King of Hell. We never got to finish it because we went our separate ways after Japan, and real life got in the way. I miss that group.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Okay so going back to Paranoia

I want to run a one shot of it where the players have just got back from a disastrous mission and are in a debriefing room. Everything is all flashbacks and revisions while they try to not get terminated for treason. Also forms. Lots of forms to fill out.

I figure they each have d6 clones left

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This thread has a pretty clear run-down of Totally Spies.

It's less that the show is particularly kinky at any given moment, and more that over the course of over 100 episodes they hit so many kinks that it's hard to believe it was accidental.

I've never heard of Kim Possible being described that way before, though.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The only Totally Spies content I've ever seen is a short clip where one of them bounces a laser beam off a mirrored compact such that it becomes two beams, which is stupid as hell but probably not anyone's fetish, I hope. (Also, to drag this slightly more on-topic, the kind of gleefully dumb trick I would want to steal if I ever played an Avatar of the Fool in UA and had a GM who was cool with an interpretation that allowed for open physics-bending because "she thinks it works, so now the local universe thinks it works.")

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Ranma really is written as if the author has no concept of how anyone else could possibly have a different opinion of her work than how she herself sees it. Which would also explain her reaction to the second and fourth Urusei Yatsura movies.

Agreed on Happosai. Even as a hormonal teen that little prick just made me angry so I hope that was Takahashi's intention

Well, I think a part of it is that she does not view the series as LGBT+ media. Hell, maybe Japan doesn't either. But in America, a lot of LGBT+ youth latched onto it. I remember I made a meme on it on the trans meme subreddit and it was just full of people talking about how relatable my experience with the show was. But, you're absolutely right, she does not recognize how anyone could interpret it in that manner. It's actually funny when you consider that a lot of people have gender dysphoria imagine magical ways of changing their sex.

hyphz posted:

That and fiction, especially anime/manga, tends to hide the downsides of being a woman to the point that they appear just better than men. How many have you seen where all the female characters are automatically beautiful and never lose that beauty, nor have to spend time working or trade off doing other things in order to maintain it?

Listen, I'm not going to get mad. But I would think about that a little carefully. Listen, a lot of us get that women have problems. That's not why people like us do it.

I could go on, but this person put it in better words for this auidence:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Anyway, on the subject of Fools and ill-advised ramp-based plans:

Bogus Adventure posted:

Fate Accelerated lets you "create aspects" that are basically bonuses you can cash in on a later roll. They used their powers to stack a bunch of aspects that basically let them one-shot the demon by tearing a hole in the ground, creating a ramp, and driving a subway right into my massive demon.

This reminds me of an Unknown Armies game I was in back in college, where at one point we had to disrupt the handoff of a big-mojo artifact to a local Warrior Avatar who was building his own paramilitary compound. The handoff was scheduled to take place in a deserted parking garage at midnight, via a courier in a limo handing over a briefcase without stopping the car, and we came up with a brilliant plan:

1. Build a ramp aimed towards the handoff point, far enough away that the Warrior won't notice.
2. Strap a bunch of bottle rockets to the back of a bicycle.
3. Get our Fool on the bike, light the bottle rockets, and have him HIT THAT BIG-rear end RAMP to fly between the Warrior and limo and grab the briefcase before speeding away on his rad rocket bike.

Did it work? Of course it worked.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Antivehicular posted:

Anyway, on the subject of Fools and ill-advised ramp-based plans:

This reminds me of an Unknown Armies game I was in back in college, where at one point we had to disrupt the handoff of a big-mojo artifact to a local Warrior Avatar who was building his own paramilitary compound. The handoff was scheduled to take place in a deserted parking garage at midnight, via a courier in a limo handing over a briefcase without stopping the car, and we came up with a brilliant plan:

1. Build a ramp aimed towards the handoff point, far enough away that the Warrior won't notice.
2. Strap a bunch of bottle rockets to the back of a bicycle.
3. Get our Fool on the bike, light the bottle rockets, and have him HIT THAT BIG-rear end RAMP to fly between the Warrior and limo and grab the briefcase before speeding away on his rad rocket bike.

Did it work? Of course it worked.

:hellyeah:

Ill-advised plans founded on the rule of cool are always the best.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Covok posted:

Listen, I'm not going to get mad. But I would think about that a little carefully. Listen, a lot of us get that women have problems. That's not why people like us do it.

I could go on, but this person put it in better words for this auidence:

I apologize. I was not intending to argue against the point related to transpersons; only to suggest that the presentation of women in fantasy fiction - and especially manga/anime - might make a fantasy including male-to-female cross-gender elements appealing even to people who are not trans in real life.

hyphz fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 25, 2019

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Antivehicular posted:

The only Totally Spies content I've ever seen is a short clip where one of them bounces a laser beam off a mirrored compact such that it becomes two beams, which is stupid as hell but probably not anyone's fetish, I hope.
You're omitting the best part of that scene (which is also pretty much the only TS content I have seen and remember):

Making two lasers using mirrors and then using the mirror lasers to melt a door.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
My mind is melting trying to describe all the things wrong with that laser.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Yawgmoth posted:

You're omitting the best part of that scene (which is also pretty much the only TS content I have seen and remember):

Making two lasers using mirrors and then using the mirror lasers to melt a door.

Whoever wrote that scene should have their word processor revoked.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I just can’t get over the laser that’s still “reflecting” off of mirrors it’s no longer pointed at.

(Was the laser itself not strong enough to melt the door and this was a “solution”?????)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
If you can't accept that sort of thing is just fun to do in a cartoon I feel sorry for you

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

King of Solomon posted:

It's an unexamined, socially accepted form of bigotry. People should be pushing back on that poo poo constantly.

This is the worst post I've ever read in my life.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Lurdiak posted:

Bold to admit you never read your own posts, but I respect your bravery.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lurdiak posted:

Yes, yes, you don't think Japanese people are capable of making good cartoons, and that's somehow not racist. Whatever you say, dude.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Len posted:

Okay so going back to Paranoia

I want to run a one shot of it where the players have just got back from a disastrous mission and are in a debriefing room. Everything is all flashbacks and revisions while they try to not get terminated for treason. Also forms. Lots of forms to fill out.

I figure they each have d6 clones left

I dunno, it could suck (worst case) to be the guy who gets one clone while everyone else gets six. I'd probably just assign everyone the same number based on how long I wanted my one-shot to run for.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I'm 99% sure that the first post mixed up Kim Possible with Totally Spies. Totally Spies is the only one that has recurring "inflict this fetish on the teen spies" sequences. Kim Possible just has a super toxic-and-horny fandom, like every children's cartoon that has moments of continuity.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I vaguely remember this twitter thread that was about a Nickelodeon producer or director or something that was really into feet, and it spilled into a lot of their work where you see a bunch of episodes from these shows where the actors are having to show off their feet, and then it just kinda got memory-holed and nothing happened?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
You're thinking of Dan Schneider, who was terminated right before it started to come out that in addition to being a raging rear end in a top hat with a foot kink, he was sexually abusing basically any female Nickelodeon personality between the late 90s and last year.

So, you're partially correct.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I vaguely remember this twitter thread that was about a Nickelodeon producer or director or something that was really into feet, and it spilled into a lot of their work where you see a bunch of episodes from these shows where the actors are having to show off their feet, and then it just kinda got memory-holed and nothing happened?

Like grassy gnoll said, that's Dan Schneider. He was fired from Nick, but they gave him a $7 million dollar parting gift. In "sex creeps tied to classic Nick productions" there's also the seminally disgusting John K (Ren & Stimpy's creator), who also like to prey on underage girls.

To be clear though: Kim Possible is a Disney Channel cartoon, and Totally Spies is a Canadian/French-produced cartoon that aired in a lot of countries, and I think was on that ABC/Disney cable channel in the US (can't remember what name it was or is going by now).

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Nuns with Guns posted:

there's also the seminally disgusting John K
hehehehehehehehehe

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
:wink:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's pretty mild, but it's the emboldened part that raises red flags:

It's pretty mild, but it's the emboldened part that raises red flags:

quote:

As for my character... I'd like to be really join. As young as you'll allow in the group.

"So, we'll have to make a few adjustments to character creation for you to be a Jedi baby..."

Yawgmoth posted:

I personally would love a 5000 page thread of this as I am severely damaged.

Try running an online RP community, it's just the monkey's paw you need.

Halloween Jack posted:

What are the politics of eating dead mermaids you find washed up on the beach?

Normally I'd say turning into a berserk fish monster is pretty apolitical, but it generally tends to impact lower-class peasants who are more vulnerable to attacks by berserk fish monsters.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The new John K. short that he took like five years to make and cost 100k on kickstarter got leaked and it was insanely dogshit. Like it had 3D Maya assets on the background and almost static frames.

e: seriously
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2er2HhRQ71g

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh christ this was the last acting role of Michael Pataki

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Plutonis posted:

The new John K. short that he took like five years to make and cost 100k on kickstarter got leaked and it was insanely dogshit. Like it had 3D Maya assets on the background and almost static frames.

e: seriously
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2er2HhRQ71g

Oh holy poo poo this is bad. It's honestly uncomfortable to watch.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Slimnoid posted:

The cans are all over the table in a different place in every shot. When they open a can it's closed in a later shot. Is this an intentional middle finger to the concept of continuity or is it just really that bad?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
A middle finger from John K. can always be presumed.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Try running an online RP community, it's just the monkey's paw you need.
Oh god, that reminds me. I wish I had saved some of the characters from the time I was involved with one of those "living world" VtR games. So many people wanting to bring in their custom homebrew bloodline, and if you were to make a drinking game around just those (and wanted to die from a record-breaking BAC) it'd probably look like this:
  • Take a drink if the bloodline has a weakness that will never come up
  • Take a drink if that weakness is obviously just to enable "but it's what my character would do~" antics
  • Take a drink if it was founded by a historical character who was actually a vampire
  • Take a drink if it involves a "homebrew" discipline that's really just cherrypicked powers from other bloodlines
  • Take another drink if those powers are all 4-5 dot powers
  • Take a drink if it changes your Humanity into one of the Paths from VtM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Slimnoid posted:

Even the Shmorky flash tub cartoons are better animated and had a fraction of the cost, time and people involved.