Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when the gungeon guy died and they let him start again and he died again. that’s win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Oh yeah the gungeon run ended up getting mercy killed didn't it

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Can't wait for the cringe VOD

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

my buddy Superfly posted:

Yeah go for it!
Sorry friend - I found another avatar in the meanwhile; was too excited about finally being able to buy my own.

Also, standing offer for the duration of this thread: If anyone finds an image they'd like as an avatar and would like it cleaned up and shrunk, I don't mind spending some time doing that while having runs going on in the background - I find cleaning images as therapeutic as some people do drawing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cruelty, thy name is speedrunning

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i wish textorcist was anywhere near as good as teddy made it look

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

thank you for letting kirby eat

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
Kirby commits mass murder, says "poyo" to defend himself

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

singateco posted:

Kirby commits mass murder, says "poyo" to defend himself
Could you judge Kirby if he said poyo to you?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Do we have a running list for good runs thus far? Here are my picks based on loosely watching:

Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Sonic Generations
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Half-Minute Hero
Timespinner
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Titanfall 2

Note that this is not comprehensive; I have not watched all of the runs.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
This Kirby 64 run is excellent

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Streets of Rage was good. I only caught the back half of Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom, but I liked what I saw. Kirby's Air Ride was good.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Streets of Rage had some blessed energy to it

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
First time seeing zero two live and I still can't believe that it is a kirby boss.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The Portal 2 run was good because the guy nailed a lot of very technical tricks first time while providing decent commentary and he had a good couch

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

Do we have a running list for good runs thus far? Here are my picks based on loosely watching:

Sonic Generations
Half-Minute Hero
Timespinner
Titanfall 2

Huh, looks like I've got some catching up to do.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Streets of Rage had some blessed energy to it

EY EY! EY EY! EY EY!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Drone posted:

Whatever happened to that awkward dancing dad on the between-run audience cam from last year (or was that AGDQ this year)?

Or did that guy turn out to be a milkshake duck?

idk where your wires got crossed but dancing dad guy is here and having a good time

dancing dad also plays a mean DDR so apparently that name is not for show

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

idk where your wires got crossed but dancing dad guy is here and having a good time

dancing dad also plays a mean DDR so apparently that name is not for show

he plays a mean-er lttp rando

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Seconding the Portal 2 run and I also enjoyed the Spyro opener

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
From the sound of things there were some good runs while i was asleep. Gonna gave a lot to catch up on after this week is over

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fancy Hat! posted:

EY EY! EY EY! EY EY!

YATATATATATATATATATATATATA!

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

I love how busted ape escape is when you get the slingshot or whatever it is that gives you infinite traversal

e: there it is

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

Sonic Generations
Half-Minute Hero
Timespinner
Titanfall 2

My picks from what I've seen and enjoyed thus far (I haven't been able to watch much live):

TMNT3
Marble Madness
Contra
Contra III
The Castlevania block
Titanfall 2
Kirby Air Ride
Kirby 64

So far the only run to avoid is Split/Second.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Zillions magazine posted:

I love how busted ape escape is when you get the slingshot or whatever it is that gives you infinite traversal

e: there it is

*makes rubber-band noises while defying gravity*

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Welcome to Specter Land, this music will now be stuck in your head for the next 3 days.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
One thing that's grating is that they really need to mix up the music playing during the breaks. I know they're trying to play songs from the game on deck, but I will absolutely take unrelated songs over hearing three slightly different covers of the the same track within the same break.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Inco posted:

One thing that's grating is that they really need to mix up the music playing during the breaks. I know they're trying to play songs from the game on deck, but I will absolutely take unrelated songs over hearing three slightly different covers of the the same track within the same break.

They used to mostly play random stuff with a couple related songs peppered in, but now it seems they've gone all-in with covers/remixes of only relevant games.

At the very least, I'm enjoying listening to these remixes and finding new artists.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

DizzyBum posted:

My picks from what I've seen and enjoyed thus far (I haven't been able to watch much live):

TMNT3
Marble Madness
Contra
Contra III
The Castlevania block
Titanfall 2
Kirby Air Ride
Kirby 64

So far the only run to avoid is Split/Second.

Also the Zombies Ate My Neighbors run, it was good and the cosplay was excellent! That game is always overlooked and I'm glad it was included.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

$300k :toot:

Cold on a Cob posted:

Also the Zombies Ate My Neighbors run, it was good and the cosplay was excellent! That game is always overlooked and I'm glad it was included.

I'll watch that during Pokemon Crystal :thumbsup:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:comfyoot:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I missed Air Ride, did they do any City Trial?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

You'd think they'd know to just disable the Steam overlay for PC runs by now.

The new Steam chat even has "do not disturb", though I don't know for certain if that also blocks group invite popups.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I missed Air Ride, did they do any City Trial?

No, that wasn't part of the category.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so is spike like full time employed to just research games he does commentary on or does he somehow manage to learn all these different runs all in his spare time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This is funny because I just finished watching SpikeVegeta lose the DKC Tropical Freeze race six months ago on VOD and now he's doing commentary

a real Where Are They Now scenario

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

God drat that Fallen Order demo looks great. Hope its not just another iteration of force awakens, I hope its as good as it looks.

In the meantime, while I wait for Sekiro to go on sale I think I might have to avail of the Nioh sale on payday tomorrow.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

site posted:

so is spike like full time employed to just research games he does commentary on or does he somehow manage to learn all these different runs all in his spare time

Spike IS speedrunning.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Peewi posted:

You'd think they'd know to just disable the Steam overlay for PC runs by now.

The new Steam chat even has "do not disturb", though I don't know for certain if that also blocks group invite popups.

Seriously, them having to pause like... 4 times at the start of the Borderlands 2 run was sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Does anyone have a clip of CovertMuffin's impression of himself from last night?