Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Does anyone know what kind of gear Dancers get yet? I probably don't have time to craft any before early access, but I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Solitair posted:

Does anyone know what kind of gear Dancers get yet? I probably don't have time to craft any before early access, but I'm curious.

Aiming.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Man BLM is going to be a dream to play. 2 polyglot to sit on and use on an instant for forced movement? YES. :black101:

E: How hard would BLM101 be to make as an emote?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

BrightWing posted:

Man BLM is going to be a dream to play. 2 polyglot to sit on and use on an instant for forced movement? YES. :black101:

E: How hard would BLM101 be to make as an emote?

Depends on if you want it to be animated or not.

also:
:science:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

3 classes with aiming gear
3 classes with casting gear
2 classes with striking gear
1 class with maiming gear
1 class with scouting gear

:thumbsup:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

FFXIV: Summoned to Another World of Eternal Day and now I’m the Jet-Black Villain of Darkness?!

I like this

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

As the maiming one, I agree.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Fister Roboto posted:

RIP BLU

Also I'm torn because for the sake of my inventory I wish all that would be pared down, but otoh as a DRG main I like getting our own aesthetic (when it's not just recolored tank gear.)

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
4 classes with fencing

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Zack Ater posted:

RIP BLU

Also I'm torn because for the sake of my inventory I wish all that would be pared down, but otoh as a DRG main I like getting our own aesthetic (when it's not just recolored tank gear.)

Where we're going we don't need eyeholes in our helmets to see.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fister Roboto posted:

Hmm I really wonder where they could cut their workload down to make male viera/female hrothgar more viable. No possible idea what they could cut to make way for that. Guess we just have to make do.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Don't encourage more bunnies and cat people

Lalafel all

The

Way

Martin BadClixx fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 25, 2019

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Martin BadClixx posted:

Lalafel all

The

Way

to the trash can

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Finally finished the MSQ this morning! My body is ready for 5.0. :getin:

I suppose I'll use the remaining time before the patch to polish off job quests.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Relax Or DIE posted:

to the trash can

Why would you put a trash can inside another trash can?

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Hra Mormo posted:

Why would you put a trash can inside another trash can?

Trashception will be the gate to the First

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Potato scraps go into the compost!

Shabooty
Apr 29, 2013
i think it's time to decide

stay a dragon

or become the bunny

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Draxion posted:

why would you want a lore-compliant name when you can just call your viera Wabbit Season or whatever

If I made a bunny girl she would be called Duck Season, tyvm :colbert:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Shabooty posted:

stay a dragon

or become the bunny

Something about the viera faces still bug me, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I think their eyes are further apart than other XIV races'?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leofish posted:

If I made a bunny girl she would be called Duck Season, tyvm :colbert:

And if you made her on balmung she would be called.....

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Martin BadClixx posted:

Don't encourage more bunnies and cat people

Lalafel all

The

Way

through the end of the dwarf part of MSQ, and then Fantasiaing to Hrothgar, right.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Hmm I really wonder where they could cut their workload down to make male viera/female hrothgar more viable. No possible idea what they could cut to make way for that. Guess we just have to make do.

Removing Lalafell entirely to cut the number of meshes in half?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

through the end of the dwarf part of MSQ, and then Fantasiaing to Hrothgar, right.

tbh I'm still surprised people actually want to play Hrothgar

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
I have not been keeping up with the news regarding all the changes coming up in the expansion, is there a good site that summarizes most of them?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GoldenPrice posted:

I have not been keeping up with the news regarding all the changes coming up in the expansion, is there a good site that summarizes most of them?
In like 2 days they will read the patch notes on stream, is about as comprehensive as you're going to get. If you google for changes for specific jobs you can find a general breakdown of them, but the specifics are almost all out of date since they were published

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Magil Zeal posted:

tbh I'm still surprised people actually want to play Hrothgar

theyre good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Just realized that two new races means two new sets of retainer personalities

I wonder which will be the weirdly horny one this time

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

GoldenPrice posted:

https://gamerescape.com/2019/05/29/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers-media-tour-overview/

This seems to be the most comprehensive collection of job action changes. It's old and prelim, so there are probably errors in the tooltips and potencies, but you should get the gist.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Failboattootoot posted:

The official forums are leaking again.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Cleretic posted:

Something about the viera faces still bug me, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I think their eyes are further apart than other XIV races'?

Yeah, I've never been able to make an Au'ra or bunny that I liked. Something about their faces doesn't jive. I think its the bunny nose.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

post ur buns

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

aers posted:

:hmmyes:

Ouhei posted:

The official forums are leaking again.

Not really. If the stated reason we aren't getting the gender pairs is their work pipeline can't handle it, then cutting out work they have to do makes sense. Making gear sets for like, 3% and 5% of the population, when at least half of those are just going to glam random level 1 costumes, is absurd. Never mind the knockon effect of having less useless crap mucking up drop tables. Luv 2 git scouting gear when there's no nin's around. They should just roll them both into striking and then cycle through the aesthetics.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

aers posted:

Joke's on you - Lalafells use the same body type between male and female, so if you wanna cut their work load enough for male Viera and female Hrothgar you should really be taking aim at the Elezen.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shabooty posted:

stay a dragon

or become the bunny

This is alarmingly close to the disdainful bunny girl I posted a while back so I'mma go with Become One With The Bun.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Become as Buns!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cleretic posted:

They've got fairly broad faces, thin noses that attach further down on the face than normal, and very prominent mouth cylinders with a slight overbite. It gives them a fairly flat middle third of the face that curves out into a much rounder lower face. This is a matter of aesthetic taste: I'd be fine playing a Viera, but would have trouble playing a dragongirl, for example, because I dislike how flat and pointed their faces are compared to other races.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

queeb posted:

post ur buns

I really like how the Viera faces have more of a "oh my god I'm so done with this poo poo" vibe to them, which feels appropriate going into this expansion (or for playing DRK).

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
i'm SO excited for the 28th!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

MechaX posted:

A few days before ShB and I have no idea if I want to play Bard or Summoner.

Bard gets a lot of good QoL changes and a Heavy Shot upgrade, but Apex Arrow looks lame as hell.

Summoner gets bird friend and clingy dragon friend appears more often, but making the mistake of reading a reddit theory thread on the class is giving me a dreadful suspicion that it might turn out clunky again

really, really don't trust reddit theory threads for how a class plays in practice. Don't go to the balance, don't go to the official forums, don't go anywhere. Those guys always scream that the sky's falling and invariably their complaints are either a: wrong or b: patched within a month or so.