Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Well I haven't been posting much lately because I've been feeling good on my new Wellbutrin meds. I love how it makes me feel. I'm so full of energy. there's only one tiny problem.

It's been causing seizures.

Are there any other drugs like Wellbutrin? I really don't wanna go back to my old lethargic self after living like a normal person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

FactsAreUseless posted:

On the other hand, your therapist can now vouch for the emotional and mental harm of the job if you apply for worker's comp or have to sue or some poo poo.

While this would be loving hilarious, I have no idea what rights I actually have in that regard due to being an *independent contractor* and not disclosing my illness for dear of being fired for it fired right after they find out and no we don't have to say why

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dreddout posted:

Well I haven't been posting much lately because I've been feeling good on my new Wellbutrin meds. I love how it makes me feel. I'm so full of energy. there's only one tiny problem.

Are there any other drugs like Wellbutrin? I really don't wanna go back to my old lethargic self after living like a normal person

woof. tell your pcp - that's a possible side effect of wellbutrin, as are seizures when you're going off the medication. i cant speak to alternatives similar to wellbutrin because I havent needed one (the drug does kick rear end), but seizures are no bueno, obviously.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
i should just detransition, there's no point to any of this if i don't have enough money, i'll just look like a guy no matter what and i act like a dude most of the time anyway

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SunAndSpring posted:

i should just detransition, there's no point to any of this if i don't have enough money, i'll just look like a guy no matter what and i act like a dude most of the time anyway

:sympathy: nah cmon honey, dont let money be the stopping factor. i just watched a trans makeup video for the first time and it gives me hope. i need people like you to inspire me

here it is btw. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jT8ttDdiqTE

and if you act like a dude, so what? plenty of cis women are "tomboys" or whatevs

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dreddout posted:

Yeah that's... that's not a good side effect.

Wellbutrin is an atypical IIRC so there are plenty of atypicals. Just gotta find the right one.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

it's okay to be a masculine lady or a feminine lady or a sunandspring lady or any combination or none of these. your identity is valid because it's your identity.

now the question is: are you more comfortable living "as a man" where society sees you that way and doesn't really question it? okay, now, what about more happy?

i know for me personally that comfortable and happy are two vastly different sets with only some overlap

please take my word for it as someone who has lived it: do not externalize your happiness or your satisfaction

if you decided to transition then i take it for granted that you have some pretty strong feelings about this

change is hard and scary and also sucks

you're accepted no matter how you choose to live your life. i hope you get through this rough patch. i think it might be a rough patch. obviously i have no way of knowing for sure! but hey

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
This may just be a general mood/quasi-political question, but does anyone else feel like in the past year or so (at least since I got sober last August) life seems to have screeched to a halt? I feel like we're just living through the most awful, but most boring times. I don't see any dramatic changes happening to our society, "slouching towards Bethlehem" as Yeats would say. Everyone is miserable, but it doesn't feel like anything is happening to change our state.

That being said, I've been feeling great mood wise, but I've definitely have been feeling strain from the dullness and awfulness of our times.

Chuka Umana has issued a correction as of 04:18 on Jun 26, 2019

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Chuka Umana posted:

This may just be a general mood/quasi-political question, but does anyone else feel like in the past year or so (at least since I got sober last) life seems to have screeched to a halt? I feel like we're just living through the most awful, but most boring times. I don't any dramatic changes happening to our society, "slouching towards Bethlehem" as Yeats would say. Everyone is miserable, but it doesn't feel like anything is happening to change our state.

That being said, I've been feeling great mood wise, but I've definitely have been feeling strain from the dullness and awfulness of our times.

Yeah, it's the stagnation before collapse, like the peak of a hill. Probably not a good thing to expound on at length in the sad brains thread, but I bet Doomsday econ and lovely cyberpunk future would agree with this big time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chuka Umana posted:

This may just be a general mood/quasi-political question, but does anyone else feel like in the past year or so (at least since I got sober last) life seems to have screeched to a halt? I feel like we're just living through the most awful, but most boring times. I don't any dramatic changes happening to our society, "slouching towards Bethlehem" as Yeats would say. Everyone is miserable, but it doesn't feel like anything is happening to change our state.

we’re slamming face first into a situation where our institutions have failed us and the existing checks have made it very clear they wipe their rear end with our outrage, there’s literally no other systemic choice outside “vote/volunteer for elections” that will put a bullet in this mess and probably even that is just stabilizing instead of curing. the other option is mass violent unrest and we don’t seem to be anywhere near that level of disgruntled yet but you never see it coming until it’s happening

the dam will break one way or the other but for now it’s just an awful purgatory :shrug:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i have no idea how much effort to put into trying to have a career anymore

its in complete shambles only hidden by the fact that i can just say ive been in solo practice for the last x years

i dont know how much effort to put into improving myself at all either

im never going to pay my loans off

im never going to afford a house

im never going to attract anyone at this rate

oh right and also im trading in all this shiny privledge to emerge as one of one of the most hated subgroups in the world

a++

would go to bed in a complete panic every night again

seems im headed for another meltdown

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
bernieeeeee!!! wants to cancel student loan debt

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

In the most CSPAM DBT technique ever, my therapist likes the metaphor I'm using of trauma flashbacks and intrusive thoughts as brain spiders. So the idea is to think of my issues as an intrusion from outside rather than something inherent to me, and something that can be fixed rather than being permanent? Easy, I have spiders in my brain.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
at least they're not worms

ugh i got 2 hours of sleep and now ive been awake in bed for an hour and seem even more awake now

i'm gonna go back to sertraline in morning instead of night, this is weird. i've been generally a little more sleepy through the day on it, but a bit happier and with a lot less of the self-doubt inner monologue than before

and now lately ive been wondering if in trans, so thats a deep rabbit hole on my mind...

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 10:39 on Jun 26, 2019

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
oh boy, after a week of not taking my prozac i'm feeling pretty weird haha :( hahahaha :qq:

e: i got a new bottle yesterday btw but it hasn't kicked in yet

Flavius Aetass has issued a correction as of 13:06 on Jun 26, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

got any sevens posted:

ugh i got 2 hours of sleep and now ive been awake in bed for an hour and seem even more awake now

felt. I haven't been able to sleep right for about a month now and a lot of it is sleep apnea finally reaching critical mass but some of it may be meds

uggggggggggggggggggggh

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

oh boy, after a week of not taking my prozac i'm feeling pretty weird haha :( hahahaha :qq:

e: i got a new bottle yesterday btw but it hasn't kicked in yet

Stay safe pal :glomp:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

echoing the sleep problems, I wake up every night before work around 4-5, usually to take a series of gnarly stress shits because my stomach hurts badly enough to wake me up even if I fast all day. it suuuuuucks and I really despise those twilight hours of half consciousness

at least they go away on Friday and Saturday and I’m not puking my guts up every morning

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
do you eat fiber?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Frog Act posted:

echoing the sleep problems, I wake up every night before work around 4-5, usually to take a series of gnarly stress shits because my stomach hurts badly enough to wake me up even if I fast all day. it suuuuuucks and I really despise those twilight hours of half consciousness

at least they go away on Friday and Saturday and I’m not puking my guts up every morning

hell yeah i used to wake up hours before i had to go into work and not be able to fall back asleep due to anxiety

i have no idea what the actual solution to it is, i just gave up on working

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

got any sevens posted:

do you eat fiber?

yep, I even take antidiarrheatics some nights and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I can eat meat, no meat, nature valley bars, candy, fruit, or literally nothing and still be all hosed up in the morning. I’ve been improving my diet and exercising every day, without fail, hoping it would enable me to sleep through the night but it has not helped

turn off the TV posted:

hell yeah i used to wake up hours before i had to go into work and not be able to fall back asleep due to anxiety

i have no idea what the actual solution to it is, i just gave up on working

:(

the solution seems to be either not working or finding a job that imparts genuine fulfillment and happiness so yeah, I don’t think there is one, which sucks. I even like my new job well enough, I’ve got my own spacious office and the work isn’t too demanding, plus my coworkers are very nice and the benefits own. but knowing I have to be there all day for the rest of my life is just so loving horrible that even with all that, my late night / early morning / right before sunrise anxiety just becomes generalized instead of about specific fears

actually I do remember one thing that helped: fistfuls of klonopin, which obviously is not a healthy alternative to even bad sleep

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

got any sevens posted:

do you eat fiber?

lentils imo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Frog Act posted:

actually I do remember one thing that helped: fistfuls of klonopin, which obviously is not a healthy alternative to even bad sleep

Yeah, I was going to suggest it was out of control anxiety. There are some meds that can blunt that. Sertraline works for me but causes activation in other people, YMMV.

Deffo talk to a p-doc if you can.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah, I was going to suggest it was out of control anxiety. There are some meds that can blunt that. Sertraline works for me but causes activation in other people, YMMV.

Deffo talk to a p-doc if you can.

yeah I’m gonna ask my Psychologist for a recommendation for an understanding psych, or I might just wait another month and ask my sub/rehab/whatever doctor what she thinks. I take trazodone infrequently as I have some left from years ago, but generally I’m not in a position to pursue a pharmaceutical remedy at the moment as I am on Suboxone and I don’t super want to add anything hypnotic to that and even if I did most doctors won’t write me a prescription for anything due to the stigma with which people treat sub patients. that being said this is the first time in my life I’ve had a health issue where I can say I’ve genuinely tried the “correct” treatments without it working - exercise, good food, better schedule - so maybe there’s a point where it becomes worth it.

I’ve been on both Zoloft and Prozac in the past and they don’t do much for me anxiety wise, to the point where I can take them for months and then just stop cold turkey without perceiving any effect from discontinuation. Benzos i know work, but aren’t usually taken with suboxone, which works as an antidepressant for me but I have to taper off of even though it’s the first drug to consistently attenuate my dysthymia, and ugh I loving hate medication, especially when you know what the symptoms and treatments are but can’t actually do anything to fix it

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lol i need to find some way to break this extreme anxiety mode im in

poo poo is getting desperate

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Anger rules everything around me

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zyla posted:

lol i need to find some way to break this extreme anxiety mode im in

poo poo is getting desperate

can you get an emergency appointment with your therapist

or even a brief phone call

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Anger rules everything around me

THERAPY get the money

Emergency Squid
Dec 29, 2009
I'd totally use the crisis text/hotline if they would actually do something helpful instead of just telling me to meditite or color in a coloring book.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Emergency Squid posted:

I'd totally use the crisis text/hotline if they would actually do something helpful instead of just telling me to meditite or color in a coloring book.

did you call

is that what they did

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if you’re a student at a good sized school campus health should have a specific person on staff any time to help with walk ins in crisis. that advice is probably mostly irrelevant for a thread full of thirty somethings though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

THERAPY get the money
coping coping skills y'all

Emergency Squid
Dec 29, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

did you call

is that what they did

Yeah, that's pretty much all they said to me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Emergency Squid posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much all they said to me.

So let me just be certain about this. You called a mental health crisis line, and they told you, directly, to meditate or color. And nothing else.

Emergency Squid
Dec 29, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

So let me just be certain about this. You called a mental health crisis line, and they told you, directly, to meditate or color. And nothing else.

Yes, I was surprised too. They told me to do that, said that doing that should be enough, and then said goodbye.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Emergency Squid posted:

Yes, I was surprised too. They told me to do that, said that doing that should be enough, and then said goodbye.

:thunk:

Either you drew the world's worst crisis councilor or this is stdh.txt

Emergency Squid
Dec 29, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

:thunk:

Either you drew the world's worst crisis councilor or this is stdh.txt

:shrug:

Maybe I should just call a hospital or clinic next time?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Just try again

The odds of that happening were small in the first place

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Feeling a little anxious and the doc gave me a scrip for 10mg Prosac and a CBT appointment

I'm looking forward to the CBT because hey, I'm always down for learning a new trick, but I'm leery about the Prosac because I've never been on an SSRI or any anti-anxiety drug other than medical weed. anyone have any input

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Farrier Theaks posted:

Feeling a little anxious and the doc gave me a scrip for 10mg Prosac and a CBT appointment

I'm looking forward to the CBT because hey, I'm always down for learning a new trick, but I'm leery about the Prosac because I've never been on an SSRI or any anti-anxiety drug other than medical weed. anyone have any input

I wouldn’t worry too much, that’s a low dose and it’s effects should be barely perceptible and slow to accumulate, except maybe boner problems, which is just part of SSRIs for many people