Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m rooting for Laura to get the help she needs. I want a redemption arc.

AOC/Loomer 2024 :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The rise and fall of Laura Loomer's tire pressure.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

trickybiscuits posted:

It's a great argument for the value of forcing students to take humanities and English classes.

Anyway.

The Debate Advice Bill De Blasio Got From His Son Has Twitter In Disbelief

https://twitter.com/fitzfromdublin/...belief-18141676

And some responses to an advice column in which the columnist told a father whose grown daughter lived with him and kept a gun and hollow point bullets to tell his daughter to move out. The advice wasn't fantastic. The comments are what you'd expect.

I've never wanted to go outside and scream "my house, my rules" at the sky before but there's a first time for everything.

Comments from a site called Ammo Land

And finally something sensible:

Daughter is in the wrong for thinking .40 is somehow better than 9mm. Either go all the way to something cool like .45 or stick with a nine.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That lady can do a hell of a lot better than that freaking dweeb.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Push El Burrito posted:

The rise and fall of Laura Loomer's tire pressure.

:five:

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

-A Parent's Humor-

And anyone who thinks "I don't have time for this" is permanently damaging to a child, has not tried to get a three year old ready for preschool.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

this made the rounds in the gbs r/relationships thread too

"please help, my relationship is dying"
be more like your girlfriend
"no"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Staryberry posted:

-A Parent's Humor-

And anyone who thinks "I don't have time for this" is permanently damaging to a child, has not tried to get a three year old ready for preschool.

quote:

Don't destroy them mentally because words.

so true :cry:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This, but unironically

https://twitter.com/SteveStuWill/status/1143312460285272064?s=19

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/AlliSpeed/status/1143544292415348737

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It's true, for instance, zero women wanted to gently caress David Bowie during his Ziggy Stardust phase.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It's true, for instance, zero women wanted to gently caress David Bowie during his Ziggy Stardust phase.

wealth is masculine :engleft:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

He’s right, I’m vibrating like a tuning fork right now.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Looks like we have made some progress.

Although only in defining the lines. If the y-axis is number of people, then the balance of political leaning across the population has not changed one bit, just that we have better defined acceptable vs unacceptable.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

vyelkin posted:

[A bunch of "let me tell you how to write minorities" quotes]
Ignoring the "I don't hate gay people or have anything against them I just think they're gross and don't want to see or hear about them" garbage that these people always spew, the larger point is one I see everywhere in discussions like this: "If your character's non-white/non-male/non-cis/non-straight aspects aren't "important to the plot" then shut up about them".

Like, what, there's a gaydar-powered door in the mad scientist's evil lair that won't open for straight people? Only a black person can properly camouflage to sneak their way into the military complex? What the gently caress level of "important to the plot" would mandate some minority character aspect? It's literally just demanding that there has to be a "reason" that say, a character is gay. Straight people don't need a reason to be straight, but if you have a gay character you better answer "well, WHY?" to my satisfaction! Not to mention that when such character aspects are absolutely central to the plot, like say, a story about Stonewall or growing up black in a racist neighborhood or facing betrayal from your friends and family when they find out you're gay, these same people will just hate on it anyway for being pandering or SJW garbage or what the gently caress ever the hot phrase of the day is.
I'm almost beginning to suspect this is a somewhat disingenuous cover, and they just don't want any minority representation in media.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

trickybiscuits posted:

Oh my God, I looked this up a week or two ago. Large parts of the evidence to support this assertion actually prove that it's wrong. People who believe this do not have reading comprehension. I can go into more detail if anyone's interested but mostly it makes me want to just stand around going "holy gently caress" at the stupidity.

I am interested in seeing stupidity.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This guy needs an introduction to the BTS army

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Picnic Princess posted:

This guy needs an introduction to the BTS army

You've gone too far this time

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

Still, don't wear a white dress to a traditional wedding

Push El Burrito posted:

You can't stop me, I'm the best man.

When I got married, my brother in law to be was always the wildcard about getting to the venue because he was known to miss flights etc. He made it fine, his outfit to match myself and the groomsmen did not. We had a spare punch colored bridesmaids dress that would've fit him fine, and he was very much under the instruction to fix his gently caress up or be wearing that dress for the day.

I'm somewhat disappointed he managed to get someone to break into the house, and get the suit fedex'd priority from several states away in time. The shirt wasn't even right anyway, dammit!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

EL BROMANCE posted:

When I got married, my brother in law to be was always the wildcard about getting to the venue because he was known to miss flights etc. He made it fine, his outfit to match myself and the groomsmen did not. We had a spare punch colored bridesmaids dress that would've fit him fine, and he was very much under the instruction to fix his gently caress up or be wearing that dress for the day.

I'm somewhat disappointed he managed to get someone to break into the house, and get the suit fedex'd priority from several states away in time. The shirt wasn't even right anyway, dammit!

Sigh.... always the best man, never the bridesmaid :(

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

looks like a generic fish / chicken plate churches and some small businesses use to raise funds here. they are usually unseasoned because you need to appeal to a broad group but they have a bunch of seasonings you can add to your stuff. they are also generally only like 5$ and taste fine. the guy in the twitter thread that says reeks of poor is where all the hate is coming from. poor people eat food that doesnt look good it still tastes good.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Ignoring the "I don't hate gay people or have anything against them I just think they're gross and don't want to see or hear about them" garbage that these people always spew, the larger point is one I see everywhere in discussions like this: "If your character's non-white/non-male/non-cis/non-straight aspects aren't "important to the plot" then shut up about them".

Like, what, there's a gaydar-powered door in the mad scientist's evil lair that won't open for straight people? Only a black person can properly camouflage to sneak their way into the military complex? What the gently caress level of "important to the plot" would mandate some minority character aspect? It's literally just demanding that there has to be a "reason" that say, a character is gay. Straight people don't need a reason to be straight, but if you have a gay character you better answer "well, WHY?" to my satisfaction! Not to mention that when such character aspects are absolutely central to the plot, like say, a story about Stonewall or growing up black in a racist neighborhood or facing betrayal from your friends and family when they find out you're gay, these same people will just hate on it anyway for being pandering or SJW garbage or what the gently caress ever the hot phrase of the day is.
I'm almost beginning to suspect this is a somewhat disingenuous cover, and they just don't want any minority representation in media.

Don't forget that if they did somehow write in a plot point like "character has to be gay to seduce the villain's gay henchman" or something, then the same people would fly off the handle saying they only wrote the plot that way to pander to the gay agenda. It's a 1-2 punch of "don't mention sexual orientation/race/gender/whatever unless it's important because that's just SJW pandering" and "don't make sexual orientation/race/gender/whatever important because that's just SJW pandering".

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

vyelkin posted:

Don't forget that if they did somehow write in a plot point like "character has to be gay to seduce the villain's gay henchman" or something, then the same people would fly off the handle saying they only wrote the plot that way to pander to the gay agenda. It's a 1-2 punch of "don't mention sexual orientation/race/gender/whatever unless it's important because that's just SJW pandering" and "don't make sexual orientation/race/gender/whatever important because that's just SJW pandering".

I'm starting to think the rule should be that all characters must be lesbian, trans women of color unless the plot absolutely requires something else (in which case you just remove that part from the plot because it would be too political).

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

Everyone wanted to gently caress David Bowie. He is a clear outlier and should not be counted.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
he had some magnificent hair

im sorry y'all dont appreciate glam hair

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

christmas boots posted:

Everyone wanted to gently caress David Bowie. He is a clear outlier and should not be counted.

prince, michael jackson prepepsi burn, etc. femme dudes are in high demand and butch dudes need to stay in their own lane.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

christmas boots posted:

No it's true, he was so desperate he had to resort to loving Mick Jagger

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ed Asner is a sex symbol to this day.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

As a cishet male :goonsay:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ruffian Price posted:

It's not even rise and fall when you're starting on the bottom and staying there

The horizontal tumble of Laura Loomer

The saltation of Laura Loomed

(look it up I'm phone posting)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

zoux posted:

No it's true, he was so desperate he had to resort to loving Mick Jagger

Well he had those moves

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

snergle posted:

prince, michael jackson prepepsi burn, etc. femme dudes are in high demand and butch dudes need to stay in their own lane.

Sooner or later that bubble's going to pop which is why I've been shorting femme dudes

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WSJopinion/status/1143550643535273984

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

snergle posted:

looks like a generic fish / chicken plate churches and some small businesses use to raise funds here. they are usually unseasoned because you need to appeal to a broad group but they have a bunch of seasonings you can add to your stuff. they are also generally only like 5$ and taste fine. the guy in the twitter thread that says reeks of poor is where all the hate is coming from. poor people eat food that doesnt look good it still tastes good.

It’s a super generic home dinner, nowhere near the quality you’d go with to Twitter to show off to people. Lady must be in love, it fucks with your perception of reality. My friend announced sometime ago he’s moving in with his girlfriend of a few weeks to her totally amazing awesome apartment which turned out to be on a ground floor in an undesirable part of town with a view on a rail track embankment. In his eyes though it was the best ever, as it was ~~~*hers*~~~.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I want to hunt this guy for sport

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I want to hunt this guy for sport

https://twitter.com/dril/status/754537489805828096?lang=en

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Mokotow posted:

It’s a super generic home dinner, nowhere near the quality you’d go with to Twitter to show off to people. Lady must be in love, it fucks with your perception of reality. My friend announced sometime ago he’s moving in with his girlfriend of a few weeks to her totally amazing awesome apartment which turned out to be on a ground floor in an undesirable part of town with a view on a rail track embankment. In his eyes though it was the best ever, as it was ~~~*hers*~~~.

I think this is cute :kimchi:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

christmas boots posted:

Well he had those moves

They were so happy they were dancing in the streets.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1141735072455778305?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

makes u think