Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

teardrop posted:

She’s not going alone. It’s generous to offer half the price of her ticket, but she said money isn’t the point and it’s not like the rest of her group will cancel. As far as we know this is a once in a lifetime family reunion for them, and asking a girlfriend to skip it to comfort him for someone she didn’t know is asking to put his family before hers.

My family had a reunion of 20 in Mexico once and I really doubt we will be able to do something like that ever again and I wouldn’t trade those memories for anything. Having had that experience, if my wife ever took a family trip, I would never ask her to cancel it for my relative’s funeral. I’m with the rear end in a top hat.

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that you suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

My girlfriend (22F) said some things concerning her past relationships and it made me (20F) angry and confused.

quote:

I have been with my girlfriend (I'll call her A) for one year now. 6 months before we met, she got out of a pretty toxic relationship. Shortly after we got together that ex started bothering A and after some time A blocked them on all social media, except tumblr.

Now, A and I love each other immensely. We respect and care for one another and it really shows every day. We both often agree and talk about how we've never loved anyone more and how this is what we want for the rest of our lives. So you get the picture. I'm never worried about her cheating or talking to someone else, or for example getting back in touch with an ex.

However last night, we had one of our deep meaningful talks and A mentioned that she doesn't know what she did to deserve me. It's not the first time she said this but this time she elaborated a bit. A talked about how she wasn't a good girlfriend in her past relationships. She mentioned feeling guilty about her last relationship and almost wanting to send a message apologizing. The focus wasn't on the guilt because of the ex as a person, A said she would apologize to all her previous partners because now she understands what it means to truly love someone, because of me. The reason for the guilt is that A only now understands what those girls went through because they loved A, and A didn't love any of them as much.

Of course what my brain got out of that is that A even THOUGHT about sending a message APOLOGIZING to an EX. What's more, her LAST ex, the only ex that truly bothers me. I keep telling myself it's a good thing that A is so open with me and that talking about it easily means A doesn't care about that person anymore. What reminded her of the ex and their feelings was tumblr posts on the ex's profile that clearly indicate they were hurt by their last relationship. While we're on the subject, after I got slightly frustrated over their 'contact' on tumblr once, A did say she was going to unfollow the ex on that website because she doesn't want it to bother me.

But I am SO FURIOUS. And to make matters worse, the feeling only caught up to me after I went home. I think I am blowing it out of proportion and ignoring all the good things A said, but I can't control it. I don't even know WHAT I want to ask. Was she SERIOUSLY thinking about contacting this toxic person to apologize? Was the ex even toxic if there is reason to feel guilty? Does this mean A thinks about what that person might be feeling or is it just because of a few posts that she saw on tumblr? Does this mean she doesn't love me and is actually still thinking about the ex, even after a whole year and crazy strong feelings? Should I feel threatened? I don't want to ask these things over text. What do I do?

TL;DR : Girlfriend mentioned feeling guilty about past relationships and it made me confused about her feelings.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
BRB, arranging to have a destination funeral somewhere tropical.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Oh your mom died? That sounds pretty rough. But listen, I gotta run. The girls and I have been dying to party and we haven't been able to coordinate our schedules for literal months. You understand, right babe? Kisses!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

I would like more examples because this alone isn't enough to declare ta.

We really don’t need more examples. She / he is a huge rear end in a top hat and even acknowledges it.

Can’t even be bothered to spend the day with her / his child on his birthday lol

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MarcusSA posted:

We really don’t need more examples. She / he is a huge rear end in a top hat and even acknowledges it.

Can’t even be bothered to spend the day with her / his child on his birthday lol

Three hours doesn't really constitute a day.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Hey now, they already made a commitment to do the race with their daughter. It's not their fault that the son chose to have his birthday on that particular date, he should have retroactively changed the date of his birth so that he wouldn't conflict with the designated good child's random fun run.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

That’s quite observant!

Ok can’t be bothered to spend the whole drat day with the kid.

Is that better?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I Was The Fury posted:

My girlfriend (22F) said some things concerning her past relationships and it made me (20F) angry and confused.
Oh look, another one of those fancy perfect relationships.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

teardrop posted:

She’s not going alone. It’s generous to offer half the price of her ticket, but she said money isn’t the point and it’s not like the rest of her group will cancel. As far as we know this is a once in a lifetime family reunion for them, and asking a girlfriend to skip it to comfort him for someone she didn’t know is asking to put his family before hers.

My family had a reunion of 20 in Mexico once and I really doubt we will be able to do something like that ever again and I wouldn’t trade those memories for anything. Having had that experience, if my wife ever took a family trip, I would never ask her to cancel it for my relative’s funeral. I’m with the rear end in a top hat.

I have a nightmare garbage family and would only go to their funerals to set the caskets on fire and I will STILL cancel everything to do what my partner needs when his parents die.

Hell, I had an ex's dad die while we were on vacation together and his insistence that I *not* come home with him still bothers me. [You can bet I went the gently caress home.] He legit thought I would rather stay and chill than be there with him.

[He probably dated this lady.]

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pinecone Sample posted:

I found him in the bathroom naked on the floor crying and pulling his eyebrow hair out

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
in the comments of the vacation vs funeral post, the op reveals they go on a trip like this every year, and further, it’s not like it’s the one family get-together. she sees her family every 3 weeks on average. she has no mitigating factors to her shittiness whatsoever

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Beachcomber posted:

It was four hours. The person spent an hour with their son in the morning, then ditched him to spend four hours with their daughter, then came home and hung out with the whole family. The son then complained that they'd spent more time with the daughter than him on his birthday. This is pretty simple, and it was an immensely lovely thing to do.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

MarcusSA posted:

That’s quite observant!

Ok can’t be bothered to spend the whole drat day with the kid.

Is that better?

Why is he complaining, his older sibling already turned the age he's turning a long rear end time ago. He wants a trophy for finishing that landmark second place? This is what's wrong with the modern generation!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For getting my handicapped neighbour's car towed?

Okay, please read the whole thing before judging me. And apologies in advance for any errors, English isn't my first language

About three or so months ago, new neighbours moved in. They looked fine, except they seemed a bit "spoiled". For example, when the moving truck came, Mrs. new neighbour was complaining about a parked car because it was near her driveway and may bother their movers while they got their stuff off the truck, so she was saying how she was going to complain about that car and report it as abandoned so it would get towed. Luckily that didn’t happen.

So anyway, apparently she suffers from some leg injury and she limps a little bit, enough to be considered as handicapped by the traffic laws. So a month after she moved in, I've noticed a street sign that said that the driveway between my house and hers was reserved for her car, and stated the plate number.

Here is the issue, my house is in a very commercial area, and it is hard enough already to find a parking spot, plus her house has a garage big enough to fit easily two cars, and then two more cars can fit on her driveway. We don’t have the same space, so before they moved I always parked in that place.

If that sign wasn’t annoying enough last week when I left my house, I saw her car, with the plates matching the street sign, parked on our side of the driveway, not on her reserved spot, while the spot was free, obviously. When I came back, I saw the car still parked on the same spot, but now on the reserved spot there was another car, I’ve recognized it because I've seen it before on several occasions, it was either her husband, who could have parked on their garage, or a guest, who could have easily parked on their driveway. So I reached the conclusion that she was abusing of this privilege given to her, using that spot as a guest-reserved parking spot.

So I snapped and called a towing truck to report an illegally parked car in a handicapped place, later that day, the car was towed.

AITA for getting her car or her guest's car towed?

Thanks for reading guys, I know this was long and I appreciate your time.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Dazerbeams posted:

Oh your mom died? That sounds pretty rough. But listen, I gotta run. The girls and I have been dying to party and we haven't been able to coordinate our schedules for literal months. You understand, right babe? Kisses!

Don't I feel emotions? Is sand between your toes an emotion? Because I'm feeling that...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

in the comments of the vacation vs funeral post, the op reveals they go on a trip like this every year, and further, it’s not like it’s the one family get-together. she sees her family every 3 weeks on average. she has no mitigating factors to her shittiness whatsoever

isn't it better to focus on the living, namely me, and what i want to do?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Okay, please read the whole thing before judging me. And apologies in advance for any errors, English isn't my first language

About three or so months ago, new neighbours moved in. They looked fine, except they seemed a bit "spoiled". For example, when the moving truck came, Mrs. new neighbour was complaining about a parked car because it was near her driveway and may bother their movers while they got their stuff off the truck, so she was saying how she was going to complain about that car and report it as abandoned so it would get towed. Luckily that didn’t happen.

So anyway, apparently she suffers from some leg injury and she limps a little bit, enough to be considered as handicapped by the traffic laws. So a month after she moved in, I've noticed a street sign that said that the driveway between my house and hers was reserved for her car, and stated the plate number.

Here is the issue, my house is in a very commercial area, and it is hard enough already to find a parking spot, plus her house has a garage big enough to fit easily two cars, and then two more cars can fit on her driveway. We don’t have the same space, so before they moved I always parked in that place.

If that sign wasn’t annoying enough last week when I left my house, I saw her car, with the plates matching the street sign, parked on our side of the driveway, not on her reserved spot, while the spot was free, obviously. When I came back, I saw the car still parked on the same spot, but now on the reserved spot there was another car, I’ve recognized it because I've seen it before on several occasions, it was either her husband, who could have parked on their garage, or a guest, who could have easily parked on their driveway. So I reached the conclusion that she was abusing of this privilege given to her, using that spot as a guest-reserved parking spot.

So I snapped and called a towing truck to report an illegally parked car in a handicapped place, later that day, the car was towed.

Ok, this one made me laugh

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Another one of those "yes, obviously....wait, nope" ones

Parking rage already turns normal people into assholes, but getting a shared driveway turned into a special spot for you and then leaving it open as a spare spot while parking in front of your neighbor's house...goddamn. I'd have trouble keeping myself from heading over there at 3am with a can of paint stripper

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Vim Fuego posted:

Don't I feel emotions? Is sand between your toes an emotion? Because I'm feeling that...

I tried to picture sand between my toes and the world went black

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

NTA. I know have known people that do this for the extra parking and it’s an incredibly poo poo thing to take advantage of.

poo poo I knew one lady who got a handicap spot in front of her house (also didn’t need it as she had a drive way with plenty of parking) and would routinely get pissed off and write nasty notes to other handicap people who parked in “her spot” lol.

In short gently caress this lady for taking advantage of a system meant to help real people out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I[20F] found handcuffs in my boyfriend of 3 years's [30 M] car

quote:

This is my first relationship if that makes any difference.

To start this all off my boyfriend has been way too involved with another girl, his bestfriend's girlfriend. For weeks they were texting each other constantly. He'd compare everything about us and always make her out to be the better person. {Oh, you don't want sex tonight? BF'sGF never denies BF, Why can't you do your hair like BF'sGF?, You'll just never understand me like BF'sGF.} So understandably I told him to get his poo poo together or I wouldn't be a part of his life. He had a huge outburst (he goes into these weird psychotic rage meltdowns over tons of things). He said I was just being a jealous bitch and that BF'sGF wouldn't do something like this. So I walked out.

Fast forward a few weeks and he comes crying to me begging to hang out with me. I told him no but he said he was depressed and needed me around. Again I told him no, but he started crying and had another meltdown completely losing touch with reality. (He refuses to seek psychiatric help) I was afraid he was going to hurt himself so I was forced into going.

Once at his house he burst into tears crying that he'd done something wrong. He started off by saying that he and BF'sGF were attracted to each other and that he was sorry. He told me he knew how wrong it was to compare us and that he'd change. He wouldn't give me my keys until I said it was fine (his excuse being that he was too hysterical to give them to me). I left and tried to ignore everything but he played the same card a few days later and he once again burst into tears claiming that they were sexting for a while but that's all that it was. He claimed that it wasn't wrong though because I had 'walked out' on him and he considered that to be the end of the relationship without my knowing. But, now he wanted me back because he "realized his mistakes".

So moron me decides to ignore all of the bullshit until I realize that he's still loving texting her constantly. Anytime I ask him about it or to stop it he says I'm being jealous and insecure and should get over myself. But also, I make BF'sGF nervous so I should never talk to his BF or say anything about her. "She's just terrified of you, but she already told BF what she did and he was ok with it, but still don't ever bring it up". He always plays the You need to be more understanding of how delicate she is bullshit.

Fas tforward one more, I tell him not to take her with him to the stupid loving comic book convention two states away and he does it anyway. My boyfriend calls me up complaining that BF doesn't want BF'sGF to wear her slutty Starfire cosplay (literally just a purple string bikini and a wig)and asks for my advice. I told him I still didn't approve of them going together alone and he had a huge meltdown to which I just gave up and let him have his way.

At the end of the convention he was supposed to call me to make sure he didn't die in a car accident or some poo poo. He was due to be home by 5 am but didn't call me until nearly 2 pm the next day. The only reason he contacted me was because I'd called so many times and finally left a voicemail that I was coming over to check on him. He told me not to come over because he was busy resting.

The day after the convention, I went over to his house only to see dozens of picture of BFsGF in her "cosplay" in lewd poses and with suggestive props. I decide to just message BF about this to ask if he knew. BF freaks out at BF'sGF, who freaks out at my boyfriend, who freaks out at me. Later in the afternoon he demanded an apology from me for accusing him or anything. I decide to try to explain why he's being an idiot he sit in his car with him while he's having a meltdown. I reached into the center compartment to bring out the box of tissues that are normally in there and pull out a pair of realistic handcuffs complete with a set of keys. I asked him where those had come from and he had another huge meltdown saying that he'd had those longer than he'd known me. He kicked me out of his car and I had to walk home.

I don't know how the gently caress I let myself get to be this spineless piece of poo poo that just doesn't have the energy to deal with this. What the hell am I supposed to do with myself? Any time I say I want to leave him he says he's going to kill himself and has a huge meltdown. I'm so loving scared he's going to beat the poo poo out of me that I've basically become numb to all this garbage. I seriously don't know where to turn here. He keeps telling me if I tell anyone he'll kill them and then himself.

I don't know why I'm on reddit asking for this poo poo. I don't know how this happened. I realize I did it to myself but Jesus. Can someone just give me some advice on what I'm not seeing. Am I the crazy one? Is this somehow my fault? I know I had to have hosed up something to be like this.

tl;dr: I found a pair of handcuffs in my boyfriend's care and had a massive wake up call as to the situation I'm in.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

:yikes:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

She could have started at "comic book convention" and I would have said sever

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Sagebrush posted:

Parking rage already turns normal people into assholes, but getting a shared driveway turned into a special spot for you and then leaving it open as a spare spot while parking in front of your neighbor's house...goddamn. I'd have trouble keeping myself from heading over there at 3am with a can of paint stripper

It's not actually a shared driveway. It's just parking along the street in front of her house. Dude, apparently refers to everything as a driveway.

quote:

EDIT: I use the word driveway to describe the part on the street where anyone is allowed to park (including her own garage entrance) and when I am referring to "HER driveway" I am talking particularly about her garage entrance, where it would be okay for her, her family or her guests to park, but not for anyone else. Also I want to clarify that the sign is issued by the government and it is legit, thats a thing in my country.

So, she has a gov't issued reserved spot on the street in front of her house that has a garage and driveway that could fit four total cars. That seems a bit overkill to me. I'm not handicapped and the only time I'm ever parked on the street is if my car can't be in the garage or driveway for some reason (maybe a few hours a year at most?) One would think parking in the garage or driveway would be more accessible, but she probably just wanted a reserved space in front of her house for guests.

Back in 2004 or so, when I was living in a townhouse with roommates, some state troopers moved into the unit next door. Within a few weeks they had the two closest spots to the units (the spots are right in front of the doors) reserved for them. Because I'm sure they totally needed to get to their cars a few seconds faster to respond to a highway emergency?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

I Was The Fury posted:

Yes but have you considered that maybe the poster was LYING in her original post and that her trip was actually to go on an archaeological dig where they would end up uncovering ancient darke magicke that would enable them to revive the dead mom in the prime of her life? Hmm?? Sounds to me like we can't know for sure that her boyfriend wasn't actively working against himself by wanting the support from his significant other to last longer than a couple of days!
AITA for not wanting my gf to use sorcery of the blackest sort to bring my mother back from beyond the grave?

Help my reddit, I've read all sorts of stories where this sort of thing goes wrong, but my girlfriend assures me that the ancient tome she learned this unspeakable rite from was very detailed. I've also seen it moving out of the corner of my eye (but never when I look directly at it) and heard it whispering things just as I am drifting off to sleep. She says I'm just being paranoid and denying her the chance to "practice her craft".

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Yawgmoth posted:

AITA for not wanting my gf to use sorcery of the blackest sort to bring my mother back from beyond the grave?

Help my reddit, I've read all sorts of stories where this sort of thing goes wrong, but my girlfriend assures me that the ancient tome she learned this unspeakable rite from was very detailed. I've also seen it moving out of the corner of my eye (but never when I look directly at it) and heard it whispering things just as I am drifting off to sleep. She says I'm just being paranoid and denying her the chance to "practice her craft".

this one is rad

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh hey, check out their ages and then note that they've been dating 3 years!

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Again I told him no, but he started crying and had another meltdown completely losing touch with reality. (He refuses to seek psychiatric help) I was afraid he was going to hurt himself so I was forced into going. 

Oh, honey. No. Not ever. I wish women were encouraged to believe that sacrificing themselves for a shitbag is the wrong move.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can’t break up with my boyfriend

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 9 months, we’re both 16, and first relationship. We lost our virginity to each other and like every high school relationship, we don’t work, but I absolutely can’t end it.

You may have seen other posts I had, which I have deleted, but I have used reddit a lot to complain. In summary, I have made myself crazy.

My boyfriend is

-a liar

* not a cheater but has talked to other girls lots, some girls have caught feelings for him even and I have told him to remove those girls for cry obvious reasons but sometimes they magically appear back in his contacts

i* pay for everything, he doesn’t have a job and i don’t doubt he would pay for things if he could afford it but he has become very aware i’ll pay for anything and uses that freely

* has broken up with me for a “reaction”

* calls me names and swears at me when we fight

* is jealous easily and very one sided, like i mentioned earlier he talks to a lot of girls but a guy said hi to me on the streets once and he got pissed, but is still able to talk his girls apparently

* hates all my friends

* has rear end in a top hat friends who i know talk bad about me, and he won’t stand up for me

* is lazy, never will meet my family or come over, I always have to go somewhere to see him

* doesn’t do well in school, skips a lot of class and doesn’t care

I can list reasons why I shouldn’t be with him, and it shouldn’t take a list for me to end it. I can make him look like a huge rear end in a top hat, and he can be but it’s hard because he also isn’t ALWAYS an rear end in a top hat either. He makes time for me, is very affectionate, and openly expressed how much he loves me and is never shy with compliments, and loves to show me off.

But I have made myself crazy for him, I turned into a psychotic girlfriend. He does something that upsets me and I make it into a “let’s find a solution so it won’t happen again.” We agree on a rule, but he never follows and has to be constantly reminded. But I still insist on more rules and become so paranoid about what’s he doing.

All my friends as well saw the toxicity of my current boyfriend before I did, and they all ended up distancing away. So unfortunately my rear end in a top hat boyfriend I have turned into my best friend, and we hang out all the time.

If we break up, I lose the only person I have and I know he isn’t good for me and I know he hurts me but I don’t understand why I can’t just do it. I know my friends will return if I do it too but I can’t. He has tried to break up with me before (he does it for a reaction when he’s super mad) but i’m always the one begging for him to stay, I always fix our fights, and I have ran to his house in the middle of the night to make up; something he would never do for me.

Why? Why is it so hard to break up with him? He is awful to me, not always but I know in the back of my head there’s someone better for me. But he is still the person I’ve told everything and I love so much. I just want to know how I can do it, how can I break up with him. He has gotten me so mad before I just shake uncontrollably and he gets upset when i’m upset. I’ve found out that he’s been talking to another girl and started crying and all he said to me was “if you’re just gonna cry on my floor can you do it at your house.”

TL;DR I know my boyfriend is awful for me, but no matter what I can’t break up with him. He is the only one I have and my best friend but he’s also too toxic for me, how can I simply end it and not back out of it?

"I know sometimes this guy breaks into my house and steals my stuff, but a lot of the time he doesn't do that so I can't bring myself to call the cops!"

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Those posts are fun because It’s never really about the handcuffs or any other mildly suspect fetish item

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So I went to the "I can't break up!!!" girl's profile and man this is a loving mess.

Boyfriend getting messages from other girls and name calling

quote:

I have been with my boyfriend for about 6 months, he’s my first serious relationship and it’s been pretty good but we have had some bumps. Sometimes these bumps are hard to figure out if they’re “big” or “small” since relationship stuff is still semi new to me. We are both 18.

The problem is when we fight he likes to call me names, swear, and he has such a bad habit of blame shifting. My main issue from this post is something that happened today.

I was on my way to my boyfriends house (I take a city bus to get around) and he sends me a message, he tells me “just so he can have more people on snap” he added all these girls he saw on someone’s story. He explains he “accidentally messaged all of them” when he meant to send something to his friends on snap and it happened cause they were in his recents and he wasn’t paying attention but that one girl in particular wouldn’t stop messaging him. This was super out of ordinary for him but I was just confused. He told me that he tried to ignore her messages, but she wouldn’t stop so he started replying since he felt bad. I told him if this was an issue to simply remove her, he wouldn’t have to ignore anything and he didn’t even know her. But he went on saying “he feels bad removing someone” but I said he doesn’t even know the girl. I was frustrated in general why he would tell me all this because i’m not sure what response he wanted from me? I asked him this exact question and he said “because you’re coming over and I don’t want you to think i’m cheating.”

I do believe him and what he said though, I know the snapchat he added all the girls on and I know it was posted that day. But from this I did react, I told him what he told me made me uncomfortable and that I did want her removed. I’m not sure if that’s too far cause I have no proof he was doing anything wrong and he is allowed to talk to other girls, but how he approached me about it did worry me. He got mad and said he was ignoring her messages and that my request was “crazy” and “psychotic” and then compared me to one of his friends ex girlfriends who has a bad reputation for being crazy. Instantly I was hurt, he was blaming me for having a reaction to such a weird thing to tell me, I told him I didn’t want to talk anymore over text and I will talk to him once i’m there. He tried to call me but I declined and said “We can talk in person” but he called me 4 more times afterwards, and texted me after saying “you’re acting childish” and i’m not sure what he meant but also said “and when it comes back to get you don’t come at me.”

On the bus I tried to hide my tears from everyone else, and when I got to his place I broke down in front of him and he apologized and told me he didn’t like seeing me cry and that she was removed and proved it. I even apologized and said I shouldn’t of gotten mad but he I didn’t like when he called me names, all he said was “I just commonly use words like psychotic and don’t think they’re hurtful when I say it.”

That same day I notice he got a message from another girl, probably one he also added. He noticed I saw the notification and tried to play it off. She messaged him “hey” and he just said “haha what does this even mean?” I told without looking up at him just to ignore it but I noticed later he did message back. I asked him why he replied and he instantly got defensive saying “I can’t do anything right, and I don’t know what I can or can’t do anymore.” I ignored what he said and a minute later he cuddled into me and said he loved me.

Near the end of this same night, we were discussing how someone wanted to make plans with us and we were waiting for a message back from him, I haven’t gotten a message and I asked my boyfriend if he had. He checked his phone and he did but there was another notification from yet ANOTHER girl, it seemed like he did not want to open it in front of me because he changed the subject and started acting super nice to me, almost like out of character nice until I left that night.

I’m not quite sure what to do from here. I know these girls are all new and he did add them all that day but I feel so uneasy about it and I know I have no reason to but it’s just so out of character for him. Is it worth mentioning again? and saying what? I just want to make sure i’m not being crazy because he can talk to girls but this just really throws me off.

TL;DR: boyfriend added girls on snapchat, and brought up to me. I got upset and he called me “crazy” but later these girls kept messaging him throughout the night.

Is it worth staying with my boyfriend

quote:

This is my first real relationship, we’re both 17 and been together only 6 months but over that time we have become best friends. He can be caring, he compliments me all the time, makes time for me but he’s dishonest.

About a week ago we made plans to hangout after both of our plans (he had plans with friends, I had a family dinner) We arranged a time to meet at his house, but before i left i texted him I would be walking to his house (which is about a 25 min walk from my aunts house) It was raining that day and was dark but half way there I get a text that he couldn’t leave yet because one of friends still hasn’t shown up that he hasn’t seen in a while and promised to take the next bus. This was a lie, I saw on a picture uploaded earlier to snapchat that his friend was there but when I checked again after my boyfriend told me this is was just deleted. I called him and told him I saw the snapchat, and that if he wanted to change plans he should of done it before I was out in the dark and rain. He confessed he got too high to come home and felt that would anger me more so he lied.

Weed has definitely been a problem before, about a handful of times I have hung out with him after he has been with friends and he’s been high. I have no problem with him smoking but I have a problem when I can’t communicate with him properly because he’s too stoned.

I talked to him after and told him I’m not going to put up with lying and I confessed the weed thing has been bothering me. He swore to be truthful with me and he wouldn’t smoke with his friends if he knew he had plans with me later.

Only just yesterday, I figured out he lied again. A few days back he had an argument because he mentioned he randomly added all these girls on snapchat and one named Victoria wouldn’t leave him alone. I told him simply remove her then. I was confused why he was telling me this, I have no problem with him having girl friends but i’m not sure what reaction he wanted from me? He was persistent that he would not unadd her because he felt “awkward.” I told him that bringing that up to me makes me uncomfortable and that I have no problem with him having all the girls he just added on there although he knows none personally but if one won’t leave him alone after ignoring her I don’t feel comfortable with that. He called me “crazy” and “psychotic” but after we talked in person he said he’ll remove her and showed me he did.

But just yesterday, He logged into snapchat on my phone as his was dead but forgot to log out. I later went on snap and noticed all these messages from a girl named “Maya” It wasn’t my account so I didn’t want to open them but I noticed her account name was the same as the girl “Victoria” meaning my boyfriend added the girl back behind my back, and changed her name so I wouldn’t find out. I called him out on it and got super upset. I have never seen my boyfriend cry but he got emotional apologizing saying he messed up and that he shouldn’t of done it but he felt bad.

I’m just hurt he lied twice, and tried to be sneaky with me. All within such a short time span. I just want advice on what to do. Is he worth it to stay with? He apologized sincerely both times but I forgave him the first time but he lied again not even a week later.

TL;DR boyfriend lied to me twice within a week after swearing he would be truthful with me the first time. Is it worth trying to fix? Any advice?

I’m scared my boyfriend [M17] is cutting because of our relationship

quote:

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 6 months, we’re both 17 and we have had overall a good relationship.

In the past 2 weeks we had some bumps, he lied to me twice, which was quite unlike him. Getting into the detail about what happened would be novel, just to sum it up one lie was about him getting too high with friends after we had plans so he lied that his friend he was visiting had yet to show up, instead of telling me the truth that he was too high to see me. The other about a girl he said was messaging him over again which he told he was trying to ignore her and I simply said remove her then, he said he did but I found out later he lied about removing her and ignoring and actually sent messages for days with her. The fact that he talked to a girl wasn’t the issue but if he wasn’t ignoring her why tell me that? He made it seem like the girl was harassing him.

None of it’s cheating or anything super major that I would end things with him, I was just disappointed he would lie to me twice, especially since I made it clear to him after the first lie I wanted us to be honest with each other. He told me he wanted that too but yet lied to me again less than a week later.

Yesterday though I was hanging out with him, I was doing some majorly late Christmas shopping for a male mutual friend of ours. In the stores he fell silent, I asked him if he was ok and he said he was but still wasn’t talking much. After some awkward silence he told me he was going home and stormed off. I was confused but didn’t chase him as I wanted to give him space as I knew something was bothering him. (Also from past fights, he’s someone who needs to cool off when upset, approaching him only makes it worse)

I messaged him after 30 minutes, I had a dentist appointment and work soon but I didn’t feel right going on with my day knowing something was up, especially if I did something to possibly hurt him. I asked him why things were awkward and he just responded “I wonder why” I asked him what he meant but a good chunk of time went by before he responded.

By the time he replied, I was at the dentist. He told me “you should find someone else, someone kind and normal” I was literally sitting in the dentist chair waiting for my appointment to start and he messaged me “I’m not myself anymore, I’ve changed and i’m ending my life.” This was not like him, not one bit. He had no past history of suicidal thoughts, or even depression. I was so scared I had to leave the dentist.

I called him right away and he was sobbing on his end. He told me all he’s been doing is hurting me, he’s lied to me, been rude to me, and the reason he stormed off today was because he was simply jealous I was buying gifts for another guy. He told me he couldn’t control his emotions but his existence was just hurting me. I started to sob, begging him to please not do anything.

I had work in an hour (right after dentist) but ran to his house which was thankfully nearby. He was safe, and after talking to him he calmed down. I told him I forgave him for his mistakes and that he needs to forgive himself. He told me afterwards he would be too scared to end his life but he really did scare me.

Today I noticed cuts on his arm, assumingely from the day before. He noticed I saw them and told me not to worry, but I can’t help it. I feel he’s cutting because of our relationship. He just scared me so much and someone who has had no history of depression just flipped. He’s back to normal but it still lingers in my mind. I want to bring it up to him again but i’m not sure what to say to him. The thought of all this scares me. I’m just scared it will happen again. He really worried me and at work I was scared he was going to hurt himself.

TL;DR after two major fights, boyfriend texts me he wants to end his life with no past history of depression. He’s back to normal but i’m scared it will happen again if we argue.

My relationship with my boyfriend (M18) is making me upset, but i’m not sure why?

quote:

I have been in a relationship for almost 7 months with my boyfriend, he makes me happy but a lot of the time I feel sad too. We’re both 18 years old.

We have a lot of good times together, and of course we fight like any couple would but it’s seems to be often. Usually it’s nothing major, just some bickering as we’re both stubborn and can have a hard time acknowledging when we’re in the wrong. There has been some bigger fighters here and there but we have forgiven and forgot.

He does have some problems at home, his parents fight a lot and it has been taking a toll on him. His best friend is also very jealous of our relationship and feels at battle with me some times.

I have asked my boyfriend if he feels stressed about our fighting, as sometimes I feel responsible for his stress as he has broken down in front of me recently. He says no and that he needs me as he feels that i’m the only one who he can talk to about his parents.

In the end though, I feel selfish. Today we had plans to hangout at his house but he broke down saying he didn’t want to face his parents and wanted to go to his best friends instead. His best friend was with us (I’m not sure why he tagged along, but that’s why I feel at battle cause sometimes he’ll just invite himself.) My boyfriend knew I wasn’t super pleased he tagged along but I was just angry he now wanted to leave our plans to hangout with him, but I understood why he was doing it.

Why did I get so angry and so defensive? I started to cry and i’m not sure why. I sound so dramatic and it’s so out of character for me. I’m not sure if I was just frustrated his friend tagged along. I had lots of family visiting at my house so my boyfriend didn’t want to go there with me cause he didn’t want to talk to them and break down.

Just all our fighting lately has made me just sad over our relationship but I just feel selfish. My boyfriend has always been ranting to me but at this point it’s making me feel sad and angry but I feel selfish cause I have no reason to. Is there a reason i’m feeling this way? Of course there’s some bickering here and there but when I talked to my boyfriend in private and he asked what was wrong I didn’t know what was wrong, I was just crying. I seemed so dramatic and he got frustrated with me which just made me more upset. I’m not sure what’s upsetting me.

TL;DR My relationship is making me upset and i’m not so sure why. I feel selfish as he has family problems at home and I have no reason to feel upset about anything but yet I do.

My [17F] boyfriend [17M] has yet to ask me to prom, is it selfish to expect a promposal?

quote:

I’ve been with my boyfriend for about a year, in 2 weeks we have prom coming up and most of my friends already have a prom date. Of course I assume i’m going with my boyfriend, I already have a dress and he’s talked about us going together, but hasn’t done a “promposal” whenever he talks about going with me I always jokingly say “I mean I haven’t been asked yet though..” or something along those lines. A couple days ago when we talked about it and I said that, he quickly got confused and said “why would we not be going together?”

Am I wrong for “expecting” a promposal? Or even for him to ask me? He hasn’t asked me anything, just expects that we’re going since we’re dating. Should I just drop it at this point? As much as I really wanted to be surprised am I being selfish for just assuming he would?

TL;DR Is it selfish to expect a promposal? Especially since we’re already dating

This is just a few of the posts she's made over the last 5 months. Every single post she's ever made on Reddit is "Should I break up with my extremely abusive crazy boyfriend?" and the answer just keeps being "YES" from everyone.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Is that boyfriend just constantly detaching from reality and degenerating into a shrieking, blubbering, violent puddle? Like on a more than once a day basis? How does someone like that avoid contact with the authorities

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Coming out as religious, [21F]

quote:

Warning: Discussion about religion.

Hi everyone,

Some background: I grew up in a house where everyone is mostly agnostic. They regard religion as something other people do. As a child I grew up watching documentaries about the Big Bang and evolution. I had the same views for most of my life, before getting deeper into Christianity and realizing what it is about.

After moving away from home I meet some very religious people and they talked to me about God and about their religion. Slowly I started to believe as well. I started to go to church, listen to Christian music and try to have a Christian life. It's not always working but I am trying my best and, with God's help, one day I will make it.

My beliefs are quite simple - I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and I believe that Jesus is the Son Of God and that He died for our sins so anyone who believes in Him is saved.

However, there is a problem: I never told my parents about any of these, because I am afraid of their reaction. I tried to give hints but ... let me just give some examples.

* I tried to tell my mother that I don't want to have sex again until marriage (I had sex in the past with someone) and she told me that bad things will happen to me if I don't have sex (mostly that I will end up in an unhappy marriage with someone that I will not be compatible with).

* Still on the same subject, I told her that I have some friends that are virgins and she called them derogatory names and said that they should hide this. For the record, I don't care about anyone's virginity, I just tried to test the waters a little.

* I told her that I have friends that are going to church and she said that we are too young to go to church.

Those were just a few, but there are many more.

It is very tiring to hide this from my parents. Even if I live away from them, we still talk a lot on the phone.

Also, by hiding my religion from them I sin, which is bad. I lie after I say that I slept even if I was at the church, I lie when I assure my mother that I do not have the same beliefs "as those very bad friends of mine" and so on. I can't go on like this anymore.

I just want to be able to say: yes, I go to church. Yes, I will not have sex again until marriage. Yes, I am a Christian.

So, what should I do? Should I just say it and be done with it?

TL;DR: Coming out as religious to family. Afraid of their reaction. How to do it?

I'm hoping this isn't a troll post.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Those dirty little virgins. Filthy innocents.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Sagebrush posted:

yeah exactly my same feeling reading that.

though getting government to issue a plate-restricted parking spot on the street sounds very weird to me. I know you can request cities to give a handicapped/blue designation to a parking spot outside an house but thats for anyone wtih a handicap sticker. Which, would still be vaguely lovely if you already have a garage for 2 cars and a driveway for another 2.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

That woman has had like 17 separate first relationships, all lasting several months, in the span of 2 or 3 years, which is frankly impressive

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Close guy friend asked me for a FWB after my recent breakup and I'm scared of losing him.

First post! I'm really upset and confused about this and cannot sleep so here goes.

My(23F) very close friend(24M) drove up 4 hours to see me this weekend. He had been planning to come for a while and I was really happy to hang out with him. When we were planning his visit, he asked me if I was interested in hooking up over the next few weeks till he leaves the coast for good.

I recently went through a breakup with my boyfriend of 4 years due to long distance. It ended amicably and we're good. But the past one year was terrible because of the distance and said friend was there throughout. So he saw how much I was and still am in love with my boyfriend and how difficult it was. I've been on Tinder for a couple of weeks, not sure what I want but I think just people. Friend knows about this and that I'm not looking for anything serious.

Couple of days before he came he asked me if I was interested. I told him I didn't think so and he wanted to talk about what was stopping me and what I thought could go wrong. I told him our friendship was important to me and I think it would be weird because we had grown to be close friends so it was difficult for me to think of him like that. Honest reason was I just didn't want to. He tried to convince me over the phone many times, saying how us being close and comfortable was an advantage and hence nothing would screw up our friendship. Also we wouldn't be hooking up for too long so neither of us would fall in love (his logic). I thought it was better to talk about this face to face so I told him that we would discuss it. But he wanted to know before he came (not sure why). He even said he would make sure he came if we were going to (Red flag which I pointed out to him - but he dismissed it saying "Obviously I would come either way, is this what you think of me now" so I let it slide).

When he finally arrived we spent the evening with our friends and he brought it up when we were alone. I made it clear that I wasn't interested. I made a few reasons about friendship which he wasn't buying. I said "I don't want to", "I don't feel like", "Just because I'm looking for something casual doesn't mean I just sleep with everyone". He still kept trying to convince me saying I should atleast try, was I never going to even try to move on, and he knows I'm okay with fwb so if I don't want to do it with him why am I doing it with random guys on Tinder. It was 3 am, I was uncomfortable and exhausted. The thought crossed my mind - should I just do it to avoid this whole drama?

The only reason I didn't shut him up was because I had gone through multiple friend-breakups very recently, and he was one of the people from the same friend circle who I was on good terms with. I didn't want to upset him and lose another friend. He's sensitive and I know once I tell him this, he's never going to talk to me again. The thing that finally shut him up was "If you really care about me, you shouldn't even need a reason. If I'm saying no you should just accept it." After that he became all sulky and was like that the whole weekend. I tried to talk to him about why he was upset but he turned the whole thing into a trust issue and on me and we basically just fought the whole weekend.

I'm really upset because I didn't like the way he was behaving. This is someone I've grown to trust. It's okay he asked me, but he kept insisting, and I could just feel the difference every time he touched me or hugged me. It wasn't the friendly touch I always got from him. I want to tell him this was uncool but I know he's never going to talk to me again. Then I think is this friendship even worth saving? But like I said I've lost friends recently due to circumstances and some bad decisions. I think he kinda knows that I don't want to lose him and he was exploiting that power.

Should I tell him how I feel? If yes, how?

I also have started thinking most of my guy friends are not as friendly as I considered them to be. Similar things have happened with me before whenever I went through a rough patch with my boyfriend. It's like if there's a slight possibility guys just pounce? I either wave it off if it's a jokey advance or just say honestly why I think it's a bad idea and people back off. This guy didn't, and was also the closest friend of mine to ever do this. I'm not sure if I'm reading people wrong or I'm giving off wrong signals, because these are people I consider close and trust. What are some things I should do that CLEARLY signal how I see the guy as a friend and NOTHING MORE AT ALL?

TL;DR - Close friend asked if I was interested in FWB after my recent breakup, when I said no he tried very hard to convince me. I don't want to lose him as a friend but he made me really uncomfortable and kinda got mad when I kept saying no.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

* I tried to tell my mother that I don't want to have sex again until marriage (I had sex in the past with someone) and she told me that bad things will happen to me if I don't have sex (mostly that I will end up in an unhappy marriage with someone that I will not be compatible with).

Hey so ignoring all the other bullshit in that post the mother sure ain’t wrong lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh dang what's the link to this one?