Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
How much longer should I wait it out with Wil Myers? I feel torn because I recently acquired him as a secondary piece in a trade, but at the same time I don't want that to hold me back from grabbing someone more worthwhile off the waiver wire. Myers is one of the most frustrating players in the game. I've ended up with him many times and every time he's on my team, he's absolute dogshit. Then when I drop him, someone else picks him up and he goes hog wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

who would you be dropping him for?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

DeepDickPizza posted:

How much longer should I wait it out with Wil Myers? I feel torn because I recently acquired him as a secondary piece in a trade, but at the same time I don't want that to hold me back from grabbing someone more worthwhile off the waiver wire. Myers is one of the most frustrating players in the game. I've ended up with him many times and every time he's on my team, he's absolute dogshit. Then when I drop him, someone else picks him up and he goes hog wild.

me but lorenzo cain

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Aye Doc posted:

who would you be dropping him for?

Vogelbach, Christian Walker, Winker, Chris Taylor. I feel like there’s a ton of guys with potential on waivers.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

me but lorenzo cain

Ha. I also have Lorenzo Cain on that same team. I have a little more patience with him but both guys are just blaaaah. Outside of those two, my offense is great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DeepDickPizza posted:

Vogelbach, Christian Walker, Winker, Chris Taylor. I feel like there’s a ton of guys with potential on waivers.

I would go Vogelbach over Myers unless you really really need SB.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Is Chris Davis available?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DeepDickPizza posted:

either of the first two, sure. I wouldn't drop him for Winker but it's kind of close and if you're hurting in AVG or OPS or whatever more than you are in the counting stats Myers brings, I can see it. Taylor's exit velocity is way down (career: 87.4 / 2018: 88.6 / 2019: 84.2 mph) and his xBA, xWOBA, and hard hit % are all in the bottom 10% of the league. I would not touch that fella and his lies

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’m not really hurting in any particular offensive categories, which is why I’ve been patient. I feel like I should wait it out with him but he’s just been totally unplayable.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Altuve returned for me a few days ago, and now Springer and Gallo are back today. :) Now I only have 3 IL players instead of 6!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DeepDickPizza posted:

I’m not really hurting in any particular offensive categories, which is why I’ve been patient. I feel like I should wait it out with him but he’s just been totally unplayable.

well if you're doing fine with him on the roster, I think you can make a solid case for keeping him and waiting it out. his batting average is way below expectations right now, you would expect it to come back up some - some. maybe he goes .245 the rest of the way, which with his counting stat production, would be dang good. over his last 30 days, he is hitting a ghastly .195 with just 2 HRs but does have 5 steals, and thanks to the help of his good eye, still has 13 runs scored. if you're in a league where nobody has Vogelbach on their roster right now, there should still be plenty of interesting guys to add in 2-3 weeks. I just have a fantasy hard-on for dudes who can dinger and swipe bags and will defend Myers until i or he dies

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 26, 2019

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Aye Doc posted:

I just have a fantasy hard-on for dudes who can dinger and swipe bags and will defend Myers until i or he dies

The trade that got me Myers also netted me Trea Turner to go along with already owning Christian Yelich so :yeah:

I'll probably hold onto Myers for another week or so, at least. I'll be sad if all my potential targets get snapped up and Myers continues to suck a fat turd, though.

Thanks for all the input, fellas.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DeepDickPizza posted:

The trade that got me Myers also netted me Trea Turner to go along with already owning Christian Yelich so :yeah:

I'll probably hold onto Myers for another week or so, at least. I'll be sad if all my potential targets get snapped up and Myers continues to suck a fat turd, though.

Thanks for all the input, fellas.

Myers is batting .219 for the season and his average has actually gone down in the last month to go with 5 RBIs. Cut.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

If any of y'all have Elvis Andrus I'm going to let you know when I bench him so you can know to start him

I've missed like 6/12 with 2 SB and a number of R and RBI just over the past few days

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Flaherty god damnit, what the hell happened to you dude?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Really regretting targeting Jack Flaherty in drafts. :negative:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just flipped Hector Neris and Nick Senzel for DeGrom and Taylor Rogers in my winner's league. :toot:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

My Lourdes & savior :swoon: Thanks league mate for not taking my Scherzer + Lourdes trade.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I remember in March when I thought Matt Barnes would be a cheap source of saves on an elite team. :rolleye:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

I remember in March when I thought Matt Barnes would be a cheap source of saves on an elite team. :rolleye:

Same but Brasier.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Same but Kimbrel

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
My cheap closer decided to take a month long vacation in Venezuela.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
So is Vladito just bad or

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Schweinhund posted:

My cheap closer decided to take a month long vacation in Venezuela.

Oh don't worry I have him to go with Brasier!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like every middling closer I've touched this year has turned out pretty good. Shane Green, Hector Neris, Luke Jackson, Shawn Kelly. I seriously don't see the point in drafting closers.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
*drops Framber Valdez furiously

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That’s how you do it Colomè. Blow the save but get the win!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

*drops Framber Valdez furiously

What a fucker.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the worst part about this season isn't the ball that allows hitters to hit dingers at will, it's the loving front offices and the use of the opener and the general chaos of how teams are run and managed now. fantasy baseball needs to change to reflect these things.

like in 10yr, is there going to be a single pitcher who pitcher more than 6ip per start? i...kind of doubt it. eventually the win and the save and the dumber stats will go away. teams already don't care about them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abelwingnut posted:

the worst part about this season isn't the ball that allows hitters to hit dingers at will, it's the loving front offices and the use of the opener and the general chaos of how teams are run and managed now. fantasy baseball needs to change to reflect these things.

like in 10yr, is there going to be a single pitcher who pitcher more than 6ip per start? i...kind of doubt it. eventually the win and the save and the dumber stats will go away. teams already don't care about them.

How many teams actually use an opener? people in our dynasty-lite league talked me into ditching QS for outs and I hate it. Whenever I look for streamers there are always tons of actual starting pitchers to pick up even though a lot of them are the exact quality of guys you would expect a team to use an opener for.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I want every team to use their closer as an opener for the first couple weeks of the season. Yes I use Yahoo, why do you ask?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

quote:

Raisel Iglesias was charged with a season-high four runs over an inning of work and was saddled with a loss against the Angels on Wednesday. Despite the rough outing, he remains an elite fantasy reliever and the undisputed closer in Cincinnati.

Iglesias stats over the last 30 days?

7 1/3 IP, 2 SV, 9K, 6.14 ERA, 2.32 WHIP

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Simpsons Reference posted:

Iglesias stats over the last 30 days?

7 1/3 IP, 2 SV, 9K, 6.14 ERA, 2.32 WHIP

loving, do I have to go pick up Lorenzen again?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iglesias has a 5.71 ERA in non-save situations. Woof.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Here's a tip about Cincinatti pitching: Don't.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

They aren't.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

Hey, odds are good that Luis Castillo is gonna go out there and get you a QS with 8 Ks. And a WHIP of 2.00 because there's a walk and hit for every strikeout.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Having players sit out when half the league is off is just. The best.

Also hader owns

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey, odds are good that Luis Castillo is gonna go out there and get you a QS with 8 Ks. And a WHIP of 2.00 because there's a walk and hit for every strikeout.

Can't give up any homers if you just strike out and walk every batter.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Well, Max Kepler had himself a night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
There's nothing physically wrong with Blake Snell, right? I put out a feeler offer that actually got accepted, and he got dropped in another league. I get that his past few starts have inflated his ERA, but all his peripherals are really close to last year. The only things I can see are that his LOB% is down and his HR/FB are up, which just seems like a lot of bad luck to me.