Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

all of this stemming from getting sore about someone just posting "me too" after saying "IM THE loving BEST" is hilarious but equally as funny is it ending with "I make more money so gently caress you." The initial response could have just been playful or ribbing but between that and the recent podcast Seth just seems like a really unpleasant fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Also lol Jericho.

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1143401863070584833

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Hellblazer187 posted:

uh huh. I've never seen Payton Royce wrestle either before or after her operation, but I'd kind of imagine that it would impact your ability to work as a wrestler. Without knowing (or honestly caring that much) exactly what Dave said, it seems weird to drag on him for it. But Seth is an idiot so whatever.

Dave was trying to be very diplomatic about saying "Since her breast augmentation, her in-ring work is even worse than before." By trying to phrase it like he did, it came off as a body shaming thing where WWE obviously instructed all their talent to pile onto him for internet points. That will teach him to try to use nuance, he should just come out and say she sucks in the future.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I actually hope will makes Little Guy his nickname. That would be funny.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

If this Seth/Becky thing doesnt lead to her getting Stacy Keibler'ed I will be very disappointed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

It would fit really well as the junior heavyweight in his G1 block.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Whats hilarious is that about 1 month after they piled on Dave for saying that normal thing, they had a full on body shaming story line anyways

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Vince loves body shaming

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I'm still loling at Seth immediately flying the "i make more money than you" flag of surrender

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1143625103084838915
This seems like Becky is throwing shade at the entire situation.

I think it's just her making a self-deprecating joke about Twitter feuds being her bread and butter, buddy.

The_Rob posted:

They should definitely have like Archer, Fale or Okada fall him that in the build to their G1 match. Or idk ZSJ to make it funnier.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Or idk ZSJ to make it funnier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY reminds me of my favorite wrestling video of all time

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ignore me, I didn’t read the last page!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Draxion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY reminds me of my favorite wrestling video of all time

I've never not clicked on either this or Steiner Math every time it gets posted. The nonono loving slays me.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Draxion posted:

Scared the poo poo out of my 2-year-old playing this because I laughed pretty fuckin hard alongside the video.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, maybe Zack is actually working his height and is really 6 foot 8.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/1143665927713521664

Before anyone gets too shocked/upset about Cesaro being a cop, remember how quick he was to pop the beach balls

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 26, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

#teamwwe the new StandUpForWWE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/1143665927713521664

Before anyone gets too shocked/upset about Cesaro being a cop, remember how quick he was to pop the beach balls

Sorry, I agree with the popping the beach balls. It's one thing to boo or sit on your hands, but beach ball poo poo is just trying to get yourself over and is lovely to both the wrestlers and to any fan who might actually want to watch the show.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Why don't they try not presenting a terrible wrestling product instead of instructing their talent to make tweets?

Or why doesn't Vince himself cut the poo poo and start arguing directly? I wanna see him ranting with twitter eggs about how WWE is better than ever

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Draxion posted:

LOOK AT THIS DUUUUDE!

Kills me every time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

Sorry, I agree with the popping the beach balls. It's one thing to boo or sit on your hands, but beach ball poo poo is just trying to get yourself over and is lovely to both the wrestlers and to any fan who might actually want to watch the show.

Eh. Beach balls are just a dumb thing fans have been doing at sporting events forever. Its silly to take it personally or get wound up about it. You might be unlucky enough to get distracted sitting in the area where some people get into it or something, but those fans probably would have just been distracting in some other way.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Eh. Beach balls are just a dumb thing fans have been doing at sporting events forever. Its silly to take it personally or get wound up about it. You might be unlucky enough to get distracted sitting in the area where some people get into it or something, but those fans probably would have just been distracting in some other way.

As someone who gets whacked in the head by assholes at my job whenever the bosses put up balloons or balls or flags for whatever corporate BS, I assure you my concern is less about 'oh, people over there are playing with a ball' and more 'oh gently caress I got smacked in the face and also my soda is now all over me'.

I have an extremely low tolerence for that kind of 'harmless' thing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

As someone who gets whacked in the head by assholes at my job whenever the bosses put up balloons or balls or flags for whatever corporate BS, I assure you my concern is less about 'oh, people over there are playing with a ball' and more 'oh gently caress I got smacked in the face and also my soda is now all over me'.

Lmfao oh my god

Won’t somebody please think about the guys getting smack in the face with balls?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

Fair, but like... I guess it just falls into the "some poo poo you gotta just let roll off your back or else you're gonna be miserable/a misanthrope" for me. Which doesn't mean it can't just be a pet peeve for you that doesn't go further.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I assure you the 3500 people in attendance last night would not have been negatively distracted by the Bad Beach Ball more than the Bad Show or the Bad Attendance would have negatively distracted them

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm sad TAKA hasn't weighed in on Seth's comments.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The funniest part of the beach ball thing is that they could easily fix it by not making their product so lovely that people have more fun watching a beach ball get passed around a crowd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Lmfao oh my god

Won’t somebody please think about the guys getting smack in the face with balls?

gently caress off.

STAC Goat posted:

Fair, but like... I guess it just falls into the "some poo poo you gotta just let roll off your back or else you're gonna be miserable/a misanthrope" for me. Which doesn't mean it can't just be a pet peeve for you that doesn't go further.

Which is the paradox of the introvert. Either you speak up about poo poo that is upsetting or frustrating to you and get labeled 'miserable' or you stay silent and ARE miserable.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
if you put on a good show people won't toss beach balls and do the wave and poo poo. It's actually very simple because WWE is the only company where it happens regularly

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like that wwe thinks this team wwe thing is what’s going to work and not turn fans off completely. If anything it’s going to make fans look into it and discover AEW.

I also like that wwe guys still use the like bingo hall insult not considering that the last AEW show was a huge deal in a big arena.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not saying the underlying feeling isn't allowed nor excusing WWE for putting on a bad show. But sorry, Cesaro going into the crowd and popping the stupid thing makes me think he's cool.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

Not saying the underlying feeling isn't allowed nor excusing WWE for putting on a bad show. But sorry, Cesaro going into the crowd and popping the stupid thing makes me think he's cool.

I mean honestly it’s good improv and he was a heel at that time anyway so it’s a good way to get the audience back to paying attention to you. It’s a pro move.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

if you put on a good show people won't toss beach balls and do the wave and poo poo. It's actually very simple because WWE is the only company where it happens regularly

:agreed:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tato posted:

Dave was trying to be very diplomatic about saying "Since her breast augmentation, her in-ring work is even worse than before." By trying to phrase it like he did, it came off as a body shaming thing where WWE obviously instructed all their talent to pile onto him for internet points.
I can't remember what but there was some other WWE blunder that week, and suddenly the talent was out in droves to change the narrative.

But I forget which since there's just infinite loving WWE blunders and they all blur together. Was it the racist, the other racist, the murder regime, the fake charity or gently caress seriously there's just so much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, SOME people will always be there to get drunk and be silly. That's the reality of a big event. Not everyone is there for the same reason.

But yeah, if its a serious distraction regularly that's probably got something to do with your show's ability to keep the fans engage and draw fans who want to watch you instead of dick around.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tato posted:

Dave was trying to be very diplomatic about saying "Since her breast augmentation, her in-ring work is even worse than before." By trying to phrase it like he did, it came off as a body shaming thing where WWE obviously instructed all their talent to pile onto him for internet points. That will teach him to try to use nuance, he should just come out and say she sucks in the future.

Personally I never saw what Dave and apparently rovert did with Peyton. She was bad both before and after the surgery.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The greatest wrestling promotion of all time, AEW, doesnt have beach balls. Fans are so into it they don't even leave their seats, they just poo poo their pants if they have to.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
If someone did bring a beach ball however, and someone did pop it, they'd probably patch up the beach ball and send it back out.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Gaz-L posted:

gently caress off.

Seriously. Beach balls don’t particularly bother me, and I actually kind of like anything that sends a message of “your show isn’t entertaining us,” but it’s ok to be annoyed by inconsiderate behavior. It’s not the same thing as “police lives matter” or “why aren’t they pushing Triple H more.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

C’mon Billy Brexit. Stop here. https://twitter.com/willospreay/status/1143648247837126658?s=21