Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosca Cake
Oct 30, 2011
Wouldn't say SA is any better, with the history of 9/11 jokes the same day, helldump, ADTRW pre-loli ban, presidential death threats, Caro etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosca Cake
Oct 30, 2011
good work patting yourselves on the back and feel morally superior about not being a horrible ghoul tho

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Tosca Cake posted:

Wouldn't say SA is any better, with the history of 9/11 jokes the same day, helldump, ADTRW pre-loli ban, presidential death threats, Caro etc etc

can you really not see the difference between these (not to mention these are pretty exaggerated) and Etika's sucide

Tosca Cake posted:

good work patting yourselves on the back and feel morally superior about not being a horrible ghoul tho

and what are you doing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tosca Cake posted:

Nice little thread you got here. It'd be a shame if I derailed it with a spattering of shitposts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tosca Cake posted:

except this site actualy worked on those issues.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

9/11 was almost 20 years ago

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Tosca Cake posted:

Didn't take part in any of that so yeah, go me

Tosca Cake
Oct 30, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Nice little thread you got here. It'd be a shame if I derailed it with a spattering of shitposts.
it's a way of life really

Roth posted:

Didn't take part in any of that so yeah, go me

Neither did I. Had a nap, ate some crisps and made a few posts on the internet. Go us :hf:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tosca Cake posted:

yeah i didn't harrass a mentally ill dude because he said a lovely word during a mental break and then act like progressive hero during the whole deal and after its clear he killed himself try to cover everything up. yeah SA used to be shitheads at times but at least they never used progressive ideals as shield and didn't help push people into offing themselves.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember how mandaloregaming was a nazi for making a joke about resetera's moderation

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Alaois posted:

remember how mandaloregaming was a nazi for making a joke about resetera's moderation

yeah, i have no idea why that place hasn't been raked over the coals more and is pretty consistently defended publicaly on forums and twitter. gently caress even on here. its the online progressive version of those uber conservative politicians(like matt shae or steve king or even trump ) that even the GOP hates but they will never say a loving thing in public but privately they will poo poo on them constantly. i hope that changes now.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 26, 2019

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Unlucky7 posted:

There was a recent BBC interview with Shapiro where the interviewer, who is right leaning himself as I understand it, asked him some mildly challenging questions and Shapiro flew off the drat handle calling the interview a Soros hit job and eventually stopping the interview himself.

That interview and the conceit behind it was so hilarious to me because it's basically like "ohohoho, those silly americans aren't they so much dumber than our conservatives, also should we allow people to masturbate in their own homes and when can we get a third do-over on Brexit, we still haven't figured it out"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Thompsons posted:

That interview and the conceit behind it was so hilarious to me because it's basically like "ohohoho, those silly americans aren't they so much dumber than our conservatives, also should we allow people to masturbate in their own homes and when can we get a third do-over on Brexit, we still haven't figured it out"

pretty much. they are both terrible monsters, its just the british conservatives can "spin" it better.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man Holly really might want to consider just... not tweeting. For a while. And especially just not even mentioning anything related to the Jared situation. I don't think she deserves to get harassed like she does, but she keeps digging herself into this pit and it just keeps making things worse for her. I don't think she's intentionally trying to make the Etika situation about her, but her recent tweets end up kind of coming across that way.

She was posting things for a while that was just completely separate from the Jared stuff, stuff about her birds or like coffee or whatever and the harassment seemed to die off a lot. But she'll sometimes bring up the Jared thing again in some fashion and it starts all over again for her. Girl you just have to stop tweeting

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

Man Holly really might want to consider just... not tweeting. For a while. And especially just not even mentioning anything related to the Jared situation. I don't think she deserves to get harassed like she does, but she keeps digging herself into this pit and it just keeps making things worse for her. I don't think she's intentionally trying to make the Etika situation about her, but her recent tweets end up kind of coming across that way.

She was posting things for a while that was just completely separate from the Jared stuff, stuff about her birds or like coffee or whatever and the harassment seemed to die off a lot. But she'll sometimes bring up the Jared thing again in some fashion and it starts all over again for her. Girl you just have to stop tweeting

You telling a bird girl to stop tweeting?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

did she say new poo poo? i think she genuinely loves him or something to that extent. plus sunk cost fallacy. she needs to feel like she was the good guy at the end of this.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

did she say new poo poo? i think she genuinely loves him or something to that extent. plus sunk cost fallacy. she needs to feel like she was the good guy at the end of this.

https://twitter.com/HollyConrad/status/1143586624887910400

There's a whole thread above (it's about 7 posts)

Then

https://twitter.com/HollyConrad/status/1143695897613623296
https://twitter.com/HollyConrad/status/1143698921803284481
https://twitter.com/HollyConrad/status/1143701546133159937

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I mean like I get her point but she opened the scab and she helped kill two marriages so lol. She also does the boogie thing and makes it about her.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 26, 2019

Fluffy the Cat
Jun 1, 2000

GulagDolls posted:

9/11 was almost 20 years ago

And, as someone who was around the forums at the time, there were very few jokes being posted here during 9/11. Lowtax replaced the main page with a message expressing his anger at the attacks, and the posts in GBS were a mix of solemnity and shock. There were a few jokes, but anyone mocking the tragedy, or even expressing apathy to it, were rounded on by the rest of the forum and/or banned. You can criticise some of the knee-jerk responses from that time, particularly the ‘time to turn the Middle East into a sheet of glass’ crowd, but the idea that 9/11 jokes/photoshops and tribute.avi were being made the very moment the towers collapsed is false.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

"I don't know what to do anymore." You could just, like, not tweet. It's very easy.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You telling a bird girl to stop tweeting?

:discourse:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ok seriously when the gently caress did calling someone a clown become a horrible insult????

like jesus that's got to be the mildest form of shade I have ever loving seen

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like internet reviews. Have there been any good ones lately?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My review of the internet: it was a mistake

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

A big flaming stink posted:

ok seriously when the gently caress did calling someone a clown become a horrible insult????

like jesus that's got to be the mildest form of shade I have ever loving seen

Yeah, can someone who's got their finger on the pulse of the chudsphere explain where all this clown poo poo come from?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

4chan

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She's a loving clown and a selfish bitch who hosed a birdman and any suffering she feels because some cock on twitter send her a clown face is too little for what a reprehensible, awful person she is and I hope she fucks off to black hole that is Boogie's mangled toothless mouth so the two of them can finally implode on twitter and then form a giant seething hate ball of self righteous delusional cocksuckers who roll up all the twitter drama out there and then get catapulted into the loving sun. The world would be better without useless shits like Holly or Boogie or the fuckers from resetera or any of them gently caress them all. It's not even funny watching them melt down it's just seething hatred for amoral fuckers who dare think they're the wounded party.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 26, 2019

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's two types of clown thing running independently. There's the 4chan/chudosphere clown thing, and then there's the 'ya'll're making clowns of yourselves' clown thing which is more recent I think.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tumblr has also been making clown jokes for the past like 3 years

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"whats this new online right-wing psyop, making clowns the butt of a joke" i say, a normal person

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My favorite part about that Holly tweet thread is when she declared cancel culture as being similar to the Inquisition.

Arcsquad12 posted:

She's a loving clown who looks like Arin Hanson had a sex change performed with a belt sander

I'm trans and this insult made me kind of uncomfortable.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Roth posted:

My favorite part about that Holly tweet thread is when she declared cancel culture as being similar to the Inquisition.

I'm trans and this insult made me kind of uncomfortable.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have written that. I edited it out. The rest of my point about her being a selfish poo poo still stands.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DrShekelMrHide/status/1143703076605501440

https://twitter.com/DrShekelMrHide/status/1143703679469576193

The comparisons really illustrate how all the resetera mods were perfectly happy with people making GBS threads on a mentally ill and suicidal person.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arcsquad12 posted:

She's a loving clown and a selfish bitch who hosed a birdman and any suffering she feels because some cock on twitter send her a clown face is too little for what a reprehensible, awful person she is and I hope she fucks off to black hole that is Boogie's mangled toothless mouth so the two of them can finally implode on twitter and then form a giant seething hate ball of self righteous delusional cocksuckers who roll up all the twitter drama out there and then get catapulted into the loving sun. The world would be better without useless shits like Holly or Boogie or the fuckers from resetera or any of them gently caress them all. It's not even funny watching them melt down it's just seething hatred for amoral fuckers who dare think they're the wounded party.
Having a normal one, a story by arcsquad12

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Honestly that is a pretty normal reaction tbh

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have written that. I edited it out. The rest of my point about her being a selfish poo poo still stands.

Thank you!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Alaois posted:

yeah that was one idiot misunderstanding a joke, I thought that was clear?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

https://twitter.com/DrShekelMrHide/status/1143703076605501440

https://twitter.com/DrShekelMrHide/status/1143703679469576193

The comparisons really illustrate how all the resetera mods were perfectly happy with people making GBS threads on a mentally ill and suicidal person.

lmao this person's twitter is a real delight, makes me want to look in to some of the other twitters you've been posting

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Alaois posted:

lmao this person's twitter is a real delight, makes me want to look in to some of the other twitters you've been posting

Taken a break from my heartfelt outrage and sorrow about Etika’s treatment leading up to his suicide to demand bigger titties on Tifa and make fun of how those children are dying in captivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea my twitter handle has the word "shekel" in it, why do you ask, maybe it is you who has the problem