Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CuddlyZombie posted:

PBC photo session was fun and it's a fun FC, have fun with us in Shadowbringers!

tag yourself I'm the pink DarkKnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So I really like the Skalla sets, sue me. I've been trying to collect them all, and I got most of them when it was current content. But not the tank set. No, the fending chest eluded me. I've seen it drop exactly twice; once early on, when I was in another role, and finally earlier tonight in the last farewell dungeon run of Stormblood. Finally, after running the damned thing like once or twice a week for, what, a year now? So in commemoration here's my final /gpose of the expansion. Enjoy, I guess!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

It was foolish of me to hope for an enumerated list of job action changes, but I hoped for it anyway.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I changed my mind, you guys.

Shadowbringers is bad.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I am ready to Fate farm

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

ShB Patch Notes posted:

A target's HP can now be displayed in increments of 0.1% when it has less than 1% HP remaining.

JUST TWIST THE KNIFE FURTHER

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Piece by Piece limited to 1000? Oh noooo

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
What the gently caress are these crafter changes

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also clarification on Role Quests, they meant we're required to do 1 series outta 4 Role Quests, not just the first Role quest to finish the MSQ.

EDIT: And there's a capstone role quest if you do all 4 if you're a completionist.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jun 26, 2019

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
This is your final 24 hour warning to drink fantasia and get naked if you're doing that sorta thing tomorrow, to avoid needing to wait in two login queues.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Allarion posted:

I am ready to Fate farm

Same but unironically. I like doing FATEs while I chill in really long queues.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Umbreon posted:

What the gently caress are these crafter changes

Honestly I kinda get the feeling that XIV's devs want to change crafting to make it better, but have literally no idea whatsoever how to do it.

I've always figured that the switch from cross-class skills to the shared skill pool was applied to the wrong side of the game. Cross-class skills actually had an indirect benefit to the community knowledge base for combat jobs (you had incentive to learn other jobs and diversify your skillset and knowledge of what other jobs did) that just never existed for crafters, and actually doing the shared skill pool there would've reduced the Omnicrafter Problem they keep saying they want to do something about.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hoping the nerds behind the sites where you just plug in your crafting stats and it makes a macro for you update their poo poo fast because I can't wrap my head around these changes.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

LAY-ZX posted:

Hi hello just cleared UWU at like the last possible opportunity before ShB hit and bragging about it everywhere I can think of okay thanks bye

in b4! Congratulations!!

So at Stormblood launch, I reached out to a bunch of goons to do Savage raids. Apologies to your Page Down key, I'm gonna post a bunch of screenshots.

O1S was a bit of a false start for our group, but Alte Roite didn't end up being much of a fight. The first few runs are always exciting, especially your group's first ever, but Chaos is a much better fight for a Savage 101 like you'd want the first of any tier to be. Most of the EX primals on launch were harder than this.

some of the areas you fight in are excellent, and genuinely never get old. the next one isn't one of them, so let's take a second.

No, I wasn't good at screenshots, and that's a trend that continues. Strap in.

O2S is a little harder than Alte Roite? It's debateable. I enjoyed Catastrophe's gimmick, but there's not much to say about this fight either. shout out to the raid caller and co-healer who reliably called the tentacle mechanic "fleshy members" for months

still funny

O3S wasn't comparable in difficulty to A3S. It didn't end statics in the same way. But it was a hell of a time for us. If you compare with the last shot, every role had a member change. We had ten members join the group while working on this fight. After months of Mindjack and Animal Farm...

The months spent in the halls of Halicarnassus meant we didn't have a lot of time to engage Exdeath.

But we did clear the door fight.

Once.

We cleared Exdeath and a week later Sigmascape was patched in.

I didn't get a screenshot of O5S, and as soon as we were capped on gear for our mains we stopped running it as much as possible. Frankly, gently caress Phantom Train. Between healers raising you into boxes, people dropping markers in inconvenient places, and phases where lag is absolutely murderous, this fight just didn't feel fun. If O10S didn't exist this would be the worst fight of the entire Omega raid. The next fight is a lot easier, too. The train does have a trick to gain some DPS time where you send one person with high burst DPS into the train car after the add phase.

Here's Neo Exdeath staring us down instead.

O6S is a fight. I think it makes a pretty solid Savage 101, it's got some movement optimization and, if you heal, it's a great way to learn the timing of gaze mechanics. (this is useful for O8S. I liked this tier!) It is not, however, very difficult and we were onto O7S in short order.

I discover gpose and immediately abandon all usage of it after that shot.

I liked Guardian. Virus was a mechanic and a half, but after we learned it the fight seemed to go well. It's got enough mechanic complexity that you'll see when a party member is losing focus or straight up nodding off.

We had spent a little more time on O5S than other groups, but overall made excellent progress throughout the tier. We didn't quite clear God Kefka either though. As a team we decided to increase to 6 hours a week, I would expect that to be a good amount of time to reasonably clear Eden too. 4 hours wasn't a huge commitment and people really like that idea when they join, but ultimately running Savage and not clearing tiers is a bit frustrating for all involved.

We beat up the robot. (This is foreshadowing. I got a better screenshot on the other robot, too.)

This screenshot reminds me, we had made solid progress on door-Kefka but one week Guardian just stymied us. Couldn't beat it. Couldn't get to the clown.

God Kefka was a really fun fight to heal. You really had to make use of your entire toolkit, or just spam Cure 3 as often as possible.

quick review because holy poo poo it's late, alphascape was mixed, like chaos, bad dragon, like robot, skipped the next robot to go back and get mounts

we all got a screenshot of the chaos clear but this one's 4k

bad dragon

here's dead robot

some good shots

raiding is fun you should do it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hogama posted:

It's going to permanently be the 24-man series for Shadowbringers, like Crystal Tower for ARR, Void Ark for HW, and Return to Ivalice for SB.

Cool! I didn't know Ivalice was one of those and I love Ivalice! I can't wait to be done with the ARR poo poo it's taking forever!

Oh also can I not unlock my 50+ class quests until I finish the MSQ for ARR? Everyone keeps telling me oh don't worry it gets so good with the expansions and I just found out I am still in part 1 of 6 of section 2 of the ARR MSQ. I'm gonna be 60 by the time I finish these.

Yeah basically. The themes and writing are just on a level that is not seen in games. Sometimes like with Drakengard it can be a bit too much and grim for the sake of being grim, Nier A takes like a full game of soul crushing depression and what is the point of life but actually ends it with one of the most positive uplifiting messages I've ever seen in a game, and makes you back it up with actions instead of just showing it to you.

Big big spoiler for Nier Automata:

The final ending is almost impossible, there are bullets flooding every single part of the screen and you die quickly and do tiny amounts of damage. You will die constantly and the game starts asking you "Do you accept defeat?" You can say yes and the game ends right there. If you say No the questions start evolving to things like "Do you believe games can do more than be toys? Do you want to give up? Do you think you make a difference? As you start seeing messages from other players flood your screen (Mostly supportive).

Eventually you are joined by the actual players who take hits for you and do damage for you, and as they die their name pops up and a new one replaces them. The final decision is if you wan to help other players the same way... by deleting your entire save file. At this point you are probably 60-70 hours in, you've unlocked New Game + and all sorts of modes and you're doing sidequests. You lose your entire file - and you find out that everyone that helped you in the ending made that choice. The part that hits the hardest is when it says stuff like "you don't know who you're helping... are you sure (YES)(NO) It could be someone you hate, a complete enemy... are you still sure? It then asks you to make a message and you can make a huge mean rear end in a top hat message and call someone trash, or a nice supportive one.

And then you realize holy poo poo all these people actually deleted their file, made a supportive message, gave their time and effort and will see nothing in return and it does more for restoring your faith in humanity by showing rather than telling than any videogame ever will

I have seen people who are never affected by games or movies have very emotional reactions to the ending

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Die Sexmonster! posted:

raiding is fun you should do it

:yeah:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Did I understand the patch notes right and the game can only run at 90fps max?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Pigbottom posted:

Did I understand the patch notes right and the game can only run at 90fps max?

nah, that isn't right

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Don’t feel like you need to rush through 2.x so much, since that just leads to burnout. There’s a bunch of side things like Coil and Crystal Tower you should do why progressing through the 2.x msq, since both are cool, and Crystal Tower itself is now linked to Shadowbringers, so it helps to have neat context for things. Also so you’re not suddenly confused by certain people you thought were dead suddenly showing up in the msq, because their storylines were attached to the Crystal Tower raids.

Like personally, I’d say unlock the Coil and Crystal towers raids (and the lvl 50 side dungeons cause they’re neat), queue for them while doing MSQ, and then when you have to queue for a msq dungeon or trial, do hildebrand and post-moogle stuff. It makes 2.x go by a lot smoother.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Die Sexmonster! posted:

nah, that isn't right

"The "Unlimited" setting under Frame Rate Limit in the Display Settings section of System Configuration has been replaced with a "Maximum (90 fps)" setting."

Looks like it

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Honestly I kinda get the feeling that XIV's devs want to change crafting to make it better, but have literally no idea whatsoever how to do it.

I've always figured that the switch from cross-class skills to the shared skill pool was applied to the wrong side of the game. Cross-class skills actually had an indirect benefit to the community knowledge base for combat jobs (you had incentive to learn other jobs and diversify your skillset and knowledge of what other jobs did) that just never existed for crafters, and actually doing the shared skill pool there would've reduced the Omnicrafter Problem they keep saying they want to do something about.

I'm trying to process the mental gymnastics required to think "nerfing critical base skills across the board will reduce the omnicrafter problem" and I just cannot see how they do it

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Umbreon posted:

I'm trying to process the mental gymnastics required to think "nerfing critical base skills across the board will reduce the omnicrafter problem" and I just cannot see how they do it

They fear the Omnicrafter.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Looks like the 8.2 patch isn't being received very well over in WoW, so expect even more WoW refugees for ShB.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Umbreon posted:

To be honest that seems to just balance with them increasing the HQ % you get from HQ mats, to lean more towards bringing HQ mats in VS 0% 100% Macros

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Verranicus posted:

Looks like the 8.2 patch isn't being received very well over in WoW, so expect even more WoW refugees for ShB.

I'm seeing the opposite.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

I'm seeing the opposite.

mostly it's people excited that daily quests are back, or people asking how to do (the dungeon/the raid/heroic warfronts/unlock essence) that isn't available for 2-3 more weeks

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Verranicus posted:

Hoping the nerds behind the sites where you just plug in your crafting stats and it makes a macro for you update their poo poo fast because I can't wrap my head around these changes.

Looks to me like they're trying to cut down on super long crafting recipes with the Maker's Mark and Heart of the Crafter changes. No idea why they deleted Byregot's Brow though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

jalapeno_dude posted:

Looks to me like they're trying to cut down on super long crafting recipes with the Maker's Mark and Heart of the Crafter changes. No idea why they deleted Byregot's Brow though.

I think that's because Byregot's Blessing is now shared across all crafters along with Steady Hand II.

I've forgotten which one of those I actually use, so I'm not sure how upset to be.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Cleretic posted:

I think that's because Byregot's Blessing is now shared across all crafters along with Steady Hand II.

I've forgotten which one of those I actually use, so I'm not sure how upset to be.

Blessing can be used whenever at a 90% chance, Brow can only be used on Good/Excellent and has a 70% chance.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

jalapeno_dude posted:

Probably button bloat. The only time Brow comes out ahead of Blessing is when you have less than 5 stacks of Inner Quiet. Above that Blessing is just plain better and the difference isn't THAT great.
Plus with the Touch skills introduced with SB it's pretty hard not to get at least a 5 stack going on IQ.

Not to mention Blessing is now standard on everyone so Brow is pretty superflous :v:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Blessing can be used whenever at a 90% chance, Brow can only be used on Good/Excellent and has a 70% chance.

Brow was always a shittier blessing for if you couldn't be assed to grind out the correct crafter to unlock blessing. (you would be stupid as hell to not have unlocked byregots blessing if you're any sort of serious about crafting)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They really rolled 70DR into 50/60/70DR :psyduck:

So now you can get interesting dungeons where you can actually use your abilities. Or you might get level 50 trash fires like WP hard. I wonder if the rewards are still poo poo.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

orcane posted:

So now you can get interesting dungeons where you can actually use your abilities. Or you might get level 50 trash fires like WP hard. I wonder if the rewards are still poo poo.

WP Hard rules. It has awesome music.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Verranicus posted:

WP Hard rules. It has awesome music.

Tonberry murder victory finish is awesome.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

orcane posted:

I can't wait for 6.0 in 2 years and it gets turned into 50/60/70/80DR.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

nah, that isn't right

Yeah I'm finding that hard to believe too. That is how it's stated on the patch notes:

edit: maybe now you can simply turn off the frame rate limit instead?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

You can already turn it off.

The big problem with the frame rate limiter is that it's actually broken and when its on your game's FPS will plummet and start stuttering if you, for example, have a video playing on another monitor.

If I stand somewhere where I get 100 FPS with "Frame Limit: None", then turn on "Frame Limit: 1/2 (72 FPS)" my fps drops to 25, if I turn on 1/4 (36 FPS) it drops to..9.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Allarion posted:

Don’t feel like you need to rush through 2.x so much, since that just leads to burnout. There’s a bunch of side things like Coil and Crystal Tower you should do why progressing through the 2.x msq, since both are cool, and Crystal Tower itself is now linked to Shadowbringers, so it helps to have neat context for things. Also so you’re not suddenly confused by certain people you thought were dead suddenly showing up in the msq, because their storylines were attached to the Crystal Tower raids.

Like personally, I’d say unlock the Coil and Crystal towers raids (and the lvl 50 side dungeons cause they’re neat), queue for them while doing MSQ, and then when you have to queue for a msq dungeon or trial, do hildebrand and post-moogle stuff. It makes 2.x go by a lot smoother.

Can these raid things be done solo/is it easy enough to find a group?

I'm working my way through Heavensward content, and have been pretty unsure about how the non-story stuff gets started/when to do what.

E: what is "Hildebrand and post-moogle stuff"?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
poo poo, I was buying my 60 gear for Dancer/Gunlords and I accidentally bought some deepdanktaunt diptwine instead of deepestbluest hatislikeashark'sfin coatdip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The crafter changes look good to me. Piece by Piece and Maker's Mark were way too good considering that they didn't care about your stats at all. MM in particular was the deadly combination of highly effective but requires a ton of real time investment. They're adding Rapid Synthesis III and two other synthesis abilities which I'm sure will more than make up for the nerf.