Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It’s a sad day for those of us who recognize that the Gun is the solution to any and all problems, especially the Antifa and illegal immigrants, because NRATV is shutting down.

Wherever will I and other Freedom Minded Wolf Hunters go for our poorly sourced right wing news blasts now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It’s a sad day for those of us who recognize that the Gun is the solution to any and all problems, especially the Antifa and illegal immigrants, because NRATV is shutting down.

Wherever will I and other Freedom Minded Wolf Hunters go for our poorly sourced right wing news blasts now?

facebook?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I still need to finish filling my 3L jack bottle with pocket change, so yes, more change.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

How come the Gun Folk aren’t willing to fight for the life of their media

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/laurinliu/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Oh awesome, just like actual concentration camps!

gently caress this administration and everyone in it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

How come the Gun Folk aren’t willing to fight for the life of their media

They lack liberal heart.

It's the core of Ted Turners' Captain Media we hear so little about.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Remember that scene where in BoB where Nixon sees the old lady digging the graves? We're not Nixon any more, we're the old lady.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

EBB posted:

Remember that scene where in BoB where Nixon sees the old lady digging the graves? We're not Nixon any more, we're the old lady.

Holy poo poo.

This hit me deep.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I recall being told to be mindful of your actions in Iraq, as your actions color the locals perception of not only you and your unit, but the US as well. I also remember how Abu Ghraib did a great deal to break what trust we might have had with them. The fact that we're doing so, breaking trust, with our neighbors at home and friends abroad so blatantly and willingly is hard for me to really comprehend.

The kind of people who do these sort of things in border patrol, prisons, police, etc...(not to mention some of the voters that lack any sort of empathy). So willfully and in some case joyfully really do not have a place in society if we're able to come back from this.

I got nothing past that. I'm just tired and frustrated.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I recall being told to be mindful of your actions in Iraq, as your actions color the locals perception of not only you and your unit, but the US as well. I also remember how Abu Ghraib did a great deal to break what trust we might have had with them. The fact that we're doing so, breaking trust, with our neighbors at home and friends abroad so blatantly and willingly is hard for me to really comprehend.

The kind of people who do these sort of things in border patrol, prisons, police, etc...(not to mention some of the voters that lack any sort of empathy). So willfully and in some case joyfully really do not have a place in society if we're able to come back from this.

I got nothing past that. I'm just tired and frustrated.

I'm genuinely curious exactly how deep a deep-dicking American power is going to get over this stuff. The Iran sanctions bullshit has the entire rest of the world talking about setting up alternate financial institutions that cut the US out of "management", for lack of a better term, because Anger Mango can't stop loving that hornet's nest and everyone else on the JCPOA is trying to salvage what was a workable first step in a lovely situation.

Losing stuff like that isn't going to make screaming headlines on your local news or anything but god drat is that gonna hurt when Russia or some poo poo swoops in all, "S'cool, we got this. We'll totally fill this power vacuum."

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It'll be China. 100%. And if the US complains, what are they going to do, not trade with them?

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 26, 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm genuinely curious exactly how deep a deep-dicking American power is going to get over this stuff. The Iran sanctions bullshit has the entire rest of the world talking about setting up alternate financial institutions that cut the US out of "management", for lack of a better term, because Anger Mango can't stop loving that hornet's nest and everyone else on the JCPOA is trying to salvage what was a workable first step in a lovely situation.

Losing stuff like that isn't going to make screaming headlines on your local news or anything but god drat is that gonna hurt when Russia or some poo poo swoops in all, "S'cool, we got this. We'll totally fill this power vacuum."

China is already doing this by paying for a lot of people's infrastructure projects. They're getting pushback on 5G networks, but even European countries are happy to have China pay to build their bridges or whatever it was in Italy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

basically what theyve been doing in africa for a long rear end time

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
House is going to be issuing a subpoena to Reptilian Representative Kellyanne Conway

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

basically what theyve been doing in africa for a long rear end time

The only difference will be that none of the countries in the Middle East will sign over their mineral rights to China in exchange for a highway system that will disintegrate the minute they leave like the monorail from the Simpson's.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A Bad Poster posted:

It'll be China. 100%. And if the US complains, what are they going to do not trade with them?

China doesn't have the financial security and history needed to replace the dollar - they only made it a real currency within the last decade - and Russia sure as gently caress doesn't.

The Euro, on the other hand... Brexiteers and other instability are holding that one off but the Decorative Hate Squash is doing his best to destroy trust in our stability.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Syrian Lannister posted:

House is going to be issuing a subpoena to Reptilian Representative Kellyanne Conway

shell be a no show

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This is making me very upset. Not cool. Not cool at all.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

shell be a no show

Her Ecdysis will make a show.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

This is making me very upset. Not cool. Not cool at all.

Don't you DARE use the word "concentration camps". That is a historically loaded term and makes people uncomfortable. Besides this is all Obama's fault. If you get uppity and start demanding we fix this well then it's just going to make things worse for them so you need to give us money and legislation to make things better or it is in fact you who is the real racist.

There, I think I got all the Republican excuses in one.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1143868455487234053?s=20

:lol:

Can't call them Kapos, might offend someone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Now find a new word for depression/recession. And don't feed me that economic slowdown baloney.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Like me, because we are still talking about children here.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stultus Maximus posted:

How about Kiddie Kapo, or maybe Kapito, then?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FAUXTON posted:

How about Kiddie Kapo, or maybe Kapito, then?

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm just pisssed off about this whole loving thing like everyone else here, and that was my poor way of showing how pissed off I am that they are adding that humiliation on top of everything else that these poor kids are going through.

Oh and hey, mine as well spill this dirt. Talked with a colleague that worked at/with the US Holocaust museum about that terrible loving statement they put out the other day

Long and short of it, rich donors and the administration (who appointed the current head of the museum's board) put pressure on them to put that statement out. This isn't the first time donors have pulled this kind of poo poo either (they wanted the museum to basically put a lot of the blame on the Holocaust on Al-Hussaini rather than you know, the shitheads who actually carried it out.

Anyways, a good number of the rank and file, are loving pissssssssssssssed. Some wish the museum had just shut the gently caress up about it, since the Auschwitz memorial had already made a solid point. Others wanted something similar to what the Auschwitz memorial said but...no dice.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 26, 2019

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out that CBP is literally re-creating a Kapo system. The shame isn't on the kids being put in charge of fellow detainees, it's on the adults creating this situation.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's an accurate enough comparison. Yeah the word loving stings, but that's sort of the point. A bunch of fascist fucks are picking their proteges and brainwashing them with preferential treatment to snitch or guide or lead bitch work. The kids aren't to blame, they're young and influenced easily, in a frightening place surrounded by people they don't know. It's not a willful choice they understand, they don't even know what nazis are, let alone who the mustachioed rear end in a top hat was that led them the last time it got this lovely. They're taking an advantage offered to them without understanding the details.

That's a trait innate in all people, especially when being misled. The Kapos didn't know what was coming down on them. To an extent, many probably thought they were helping their own, and they spanned a variety of ages.

It's a poo poo world, but don't be reactive to a word, be reactive to the assholes creating accurately comparable situations for the usage of it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Loden Taylor posted:

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out that CBP is literally re-creating a Kapo system. The shame isn't on the kids being put in charge of fellow detainees, it's on the adults creating this situation.

Kapo has a really nasty connotation. Kapos were generally seen as collaborationists and thugs chosen for their cruelty and lack of moral restraint. They usually kept their special treatment, not like the sonderkommando who were forced and eventually killed as well.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Rewarding hungry children with food. gently caress anyone who works with this.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What do you think fascists turn kids into? Especially the easily influenced? Extra food is a foundational pillar. Extra tv time, video games, toys declared special, more blankets, better beds. Everything in that prisoner/guard poo poo leads them further from their own, less compassionate for their own.

Everyone can be corrupted. Kids especially.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's a poo poo world, but don't be reactive to a word, be reactive to the assholes creating accurately comparable situations for the usage of it.

This, 100 percent this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What do you think fascists turn kids into? Especially the easily influenced? Extra food is a foundational pillar. Extra tv time, video games, toys declared special, more blankets, better beds. Everything in that prisoner/guard poo poo leads them further from their own, less compassionate for their own.

Everyone can be corrupted. Kids especially.

I understand all this.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Stultus Maximus posted:

Kapo has a really nasty connotation. Kapos were generally seen as collaborationists and thugs chosen for their cruelty and lack of moral restraint. They usually kept their special treatment, not like the sonderkommando who were forced and eventually killed as well.

Give it a few years

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ForeverWar Update: 2 U.S. Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan in What Taliban Call an Ambush

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/26/world/asia/afghanistan-american-soldiers-killed.html

quote:

KABUL, Afghanistan — Two United States soldiers were killed during a military operation in eastern Afghanistan on Wednesday, bringing to nine the total number of American military fatalities in the country this year.

A statement released by the American-led NATO mission in Afghanistan confirmed the two deaths but did not provide further details.

Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, said the two service members were killed in an ambush in eastern Wardak Province.

The deaths came just days before the next round of talks between the Taliban and the United States. The new round is scheduled to start on Saturday in Doha, the Qatari capital.

Although the number of American troops in Afghanistan has dropped to about 14,000 — a small fraction of the more than 100,000 at the peak of the war — the American military has taken a more proactive role in helping Afghan forces.

The remaining American forces are helping the Afghan military defend its positions and deplete the Taliban through airstrikes and commando raids, partly to gain leverage at the negotiating table in Doha.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in an unannounced visit to Kabul on Tuesday, reiterated that negotiating a political settlement to end the long war is a priority of the Trump administration.

“With so much going on in the world right now, it’s sometimes easy to forget about America’s commitment here to Afghanistan, but the world should know that the Trump administration has not forgotten, the American people have not forgotten,” Mr. Pompeo said. “As President Trump has said, the hour has come for peace.”

The latest deaths come two months after three American soldiers were killed in an explosion near Bagram Air Base in Parwan Province. And in March, two members of an American special forces unit and four Afghan special forces soldiers were killed during an operation on the outskirts of Kunduz.

In 2018, 13 American troops were killed in combat in Afghanistan, up from 11 in 2017.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Give it a few years

They're innocent kids now, goddammit. I am not going to class them with Trump's loving jackboots.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m gonna start a DNC Primary Debate thread so we can live post and poo poo post about the debates over the next two nights while keeping the CE thread free of the chatty and poo poo posts.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I stumbled my way into the history of the French Fourth Republic and I have to say that the current administration is doing a good job of looking at how France screwed up the situation in Algieria and eventually crumbled as a result. Dang if a lot of it isn't just eerily similar, except the revolutionaries abroad that our military is killing without any care from the home front is radical Islamist instead of communist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
2016: right wing “patriot” assaults comet pingpong to ‘free the children’

2019: right wing “patriot” joins ICE to legally torture brown children