Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Just discovered the assault class’s grenade bundle/“Geballte Ladung” can damage infantry. Not the explosion, bonking someone in the head with the initial throw actually does a chunk of damage

do smokes do this in this game?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, like 1 damage or something laughably low.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

All grenades do 1 hit point on contact, except the grenade bundle, which does 20ish

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Just discovered the assault class’s grenade bundle/“Geballte Ladung” can damage infantry. Not the explosion, bonking someone in the head with the initial throw actually does a chunk of damage

That will happen with all grenades. I get more damage from just beaning dudes in the face with the impact grenades than the actual explosion from them.

Also, the bolt action carbine that the medic gets is loving radical. It even has an attached grenade launcher, poo poo is for real.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
so how many of those new maps will only be for their siege rip off mode?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVy9_DyIosQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Braddock512/status/1137443237260488704

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
That roadmap has given me some hope for the game, especially for when they add the Pacific theatre. I hope they pull an Ubisoft and just keep expanding and improving the game ala Siege and not just throw another battlefield game out in 2020, though if new consoles come out I think that goes out the window. I just want this game to add the Pacific, Eastern front, and overlord campaign and it would be fantastic.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I just bought this game because of the Origin sale and does anyone have any tips to improve performance? Despite having a 1080ti and a Ryzen 6 1600x I get some weird framedrops at high or ultra presets.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Might have better luck w/ that over in the PC thread

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

dog nougat posted:

Oh my bad. Thanks for the link.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

"New Vehicles; including boats"

hell yes

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Got to the last 2 squads in firestorm with a fully loaded top tier machinegun and of course my internet connection shat the bed the second a guy ran into my sights, allowing him to gun me down in seconds and I squeezed the trigger and found there was a good 3 second delay on firing and aiming. Cool cool.

E: also I've found a special yellow-grade anti tank rifle that uses sniper rounds a couple of times and always kept it because it looks badass but never actually had the chance to use it. Is it worth picking up?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

This thread is tagged console but is this for PC stuff as well? I can't find a PC version of this thread so idk

edit: thanks!

PIZZA.BAT fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 9, 2019

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
If they actually keep their promise of a map a month I might come back to this game in 4 or 5 months

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Here ya go bub.

dog nougat posted:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

ThomasPaine posted:

E: also I've found a special yellow-grade anti tank rifle that uses sniper rounds a couple of times and always kept it because it looks badass but never actually had the chance to use it. Is it worth picking up?

It's the Boys anti material rifle. It was a tides of war unlock a few weeks ago. It has a 50 yard or so one shot to the upper body so it's the only sniper anyone is using right now.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

sunday at work posted:

It's the Boys anti material rifle. It was a tides of war unlock a few weeks ago. It has a 50 yard or so one shot to the upper body so it's the only sniper anyone is using right now.

in my dissertation that :dice: only pays attention to reddit, and bfX reddit is only comprised of worthless edgecamper recons, THIS IS MY FINAL THESIS, MAAANNNNN.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The reddit also has a lot of people who are very concerned with the lack of historical accuracy and detail of the German uniforms.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Reddit sucks imo

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I foolishly allowed myself to argue with someone who said that by not having actual nazis in the game (among other examples of historical revision/artistic liberty) they were insulting WWII veterans. ...Because it’d be so much better to show grandpa your sick k/d and headshot compilation if the game was historically authentic?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
https://xboxclips.com/Repeal%20the%202A/10d933d2-9155-43e5-8d01-90982774136d

Fastest I didnt know you were still playing the Good FPS

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Fired up Battlefield One for a few rounds the other night and hot drat I miss that game being what everyone was playing. All BFV has accomplished for me is to make me go play BF1 and BF4.

Is there any official word on the next Battlefield release? Just from my cruising of game news, BFV doesn't seem to be doing all that hot. Not sure there will be much of a long term player base.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lol I heard about that from the crew. And I am playing the good FPS: I’m playing battlefield four as I type this

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Do people still think medic weapons are bad? Because the sten is very much not bad and actually owns. I just had the best game I've ever had in this game with the sten on panzerstorm and ended 66-6.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game can be such an obnoxious meat grinder

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Tonight’s patch notes:

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/full-update-notes-late-june-update

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Im sorry to all my battlefield buddies whom i have abandoned.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just gave up on Firestorm because all of you guys just stopped playing at the same time.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Same. Also, kinda just got tired of Battle Royale. Find reg BFV more entertaining tbh.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

The Bananana posted:

Im sorry to all my battlefield buddies whom i have abandoned.

My heart is in pieces...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What are the chances we could get a 4 man firestorm squad rolling tonight?

dog nougat posted:

Same. Also, kinda just got tired of Battle Royale. Find reg BFV more entertaining tbh.

I'm still totally digging it, it's just not fun alone. Tbh I haven't been playing BF5 much in general. I love Battlefield more than most online games but the amount of time I feel I have to put in to do well and have fun is just killing the series for me. It's just terrible for casual play. I loved BC2-BF4 where I was into putting a couple of hours every night in. But now I play online games maybe 4 or 5 hours a week tops, and it always just feels like I'm starting from scratch and I also get annoyed by what a pain it is to unlock stuff when I'm playing BF maybe an hour or 2 a week.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 27, 2019

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'd be down. Bein a lazy/hungover sack of poo poo today.

The whole games as a service or whatever it is isn't really working for me. Feels strangely foisted upon me. The base experience in bf5 is fun, but I feel like there's a lot of bloat and unnecessary poo poo. I know I don't have to participate in it or anything, but it's there and I feel unecessarily forced to participate when I do play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I couldn't agree more. BF5 and Blops 4 are the first games I've played with the games as a service and I just hate it. it just makes games feel like work and the constant ongoing marketplace stuff in your face is just awful. It's really starting to put me off online shooters even if it's mostly just stuff you don't need. it's just lovely vibes.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

This new mmg is cool. It feels like the Burton from bf1

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
A big thank you to the pubbies I was playing squad firestorm with who all jumped into a helicopter and flew off while I was cracking a safe, didn't even bother to stop when I was chasing them and spamming the command system, and shot off to the complete other side of the map. Good show.

best bit is I outlasted them lol

E: i don't have a mic but it would sometimes be useful to hear my squadmates who do, and I can often see they have a speaker icon next to their name but it never comes through. Is there something I need to change in the settings? I did look but to no avail.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I'd be down to play more firestorm but for the life of me I can't find a good server. It always puts me in one with a 200+ ping.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ThomasPaine posted:

A big thank you to the pubbies I was playing squad firestorm with who all jumped into a helicopter and flew off while I was cracking a safe, didn't even bother to stop when I was chasing them and spamming the command system, and shot off to the complete other side of the map. Good show.

best bit is I outlasted them lol

E: i don't have a mic but it would sometimes be useful to hear my squadmates who do, and I can often see they have a speaker icon next to their name but it never comes through. Is there something I need to change in the settings? I did look but to no avail.

They’re in a party. Using their mics to talk to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/skater-h8er/video/76805845