Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

LGD posted:

A two parter! (And my choice for top story this week)

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1143927474998456327

/r/relationships: I love her but I can't afford her and my girlfriend. Help. :psylon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
70s Dear Abby produces solid gold from time to time:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for leaving my parents unaware of their grandchild

loving :owned:

gay german pete loving owned his parents so hard.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (23F) boyfriend (32M) thinks I am a slob. Is he overreacting or I really am one?

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationshio for 2.5 years. We have been living together since March 2018.

I don't work, and he does. I have a hard time finding a part time job because I am a full time student. So I do all of the housework.

We don't have a dishwasher, so I need to manually do all dishes. I do them every day or every other day (sometimes I leave 2-3 plates and cups overnight). However, I always clean kizchen counters.

I clean the bathroom and vacuum the whole house once a week. However maybe 3-4 days after vacuuming, he complains that "It is dirty, there are crumbs everywhere, you didn't vacuum properly!" even though right after I vacuum, he'd say it's perfectly clean. Well, we live in the house, of course it's not going to be perfectly clean days after cleaning. We eat in the libing room because the kitchen is too small. But he doesn't get it and he says "I don't vacuum well enough".

He has started compžaining about me not having washed the windows in months. I don't get who the hell washes windows every month? He says it should be done once a month.

There is an empty room that neither of us uses. I haven't cleaned it in a month (except vacuuming) because we just don't use it. I only clean it when I do deep house cleaning. But he complains because "the windows there are dirty and dust is everywhere". The thing is, I'd like to spend my time doing something actually useful instead of cleaning an abandoned room that NOBODY ever enters.

He complains about spider net in some corners. I really do my best to clean these, but it's dofficult because we don't have a spider net cleaning puff and he won't give money for it.

Also after I clean the bathroom he says it is excellent but the next day, he complains that I didn't wash it "well enough". And maybe I didn't - but all I use to clean it is a kitchen sponge and some detergent (which is for kitchen but he won't buy one for bathroom) and I spend hours rubbing the tiles but the next day there are some stupid stains (probably because of the detergent). But he says it is my fault because I don't try hard enough.

Btw I ALWAYS clean after myself and AFTER HIM, the laundry never fills up, there are never objects on the floor, I take the trash out every day, etc.

He constantly complains that the whole apartment is dirty all the time, but it really is not. He says it is disgusting and he can't live in such filth.

And when he criticizes me it is in a really mean tone. And sometimes he yells, and then I yell back, and he says how I can't accept any criticism. He always says that I need "reminding" of what to do which he says annoys him.. But he mentions my tasks every day so it does sound like reminding. And for example, I was going to clean the baathroom, and he says "You need to clean the bathroom, it is dirty" and I say "Yrs, that is what I was about to say" and he says "You are lying, you are only going to clean it because I told you to do it".

And I honestly hate doing housework, but I do it all the time anyway because I want the house to be clean.

Anyway, this is kind of driving me mad. Am I really a slob or is he overreacting?

Tl;dr - I clean my house regularly, but my boyfriend complains that it is not done well enpugh and that I always need reminding of what to do. Is he right?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The SBCC posts are amazing, like pure, uncut relationship drama.

Also, that Birdman story has gotten a lot of laughs in the circle of people I once worked on an independent film with.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for trying to contact my husband through the means that are available to me?

My husband NEVER charges his phone. If I have to reach him during the day, I just can’t. He gives people my phone number if they need to reach him. Sometimes I need to reach him (sick child at school, etc.). Sometimes he is home while I am at work. So I always try his phone first (never charged). Then sometimes I drop in on one of the Alexas in the house or the Furbo dog camera. I usually just say, “Hi husband, give me a call when you get a chance.” Today, I knew our daughter was having friends over and wanted to discuss those plans since he was to be in charge at home. Called the phone, phone is dead. I figured he was on his computer, so I sent a video message to his computer. He called me back, and boy was he pissed. He said he was sick of me spying on him with all of my cameras. He went on at some length about me spying on him. I’m not. I don’t give a poo poo what he does at home. Anyway he was so mean to me on the phone that I cried for about 15 minutes. Then when I got home it continued. Him yelling at me about spying on him. I’m really not. I’m just trying to get in touch with him however I can because he refuses to charge his phone. I’m still upset about him yelling at me, crying on and off all afternoon. Anyway thanks for reading. EDIT: Just to be clear, I ONLY contact him if I have to: e.g., sick child, after school plans, flat tire. I’m not calling him excessively or spying on him. I don’t need to spy on him. He sleeps, eats and watches TV.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for leaving my parents unaware of their grandchild

loving :owned:

Hell yeah. Your shithead parents made their choice and are now upset they are being held to it. Don't ever back down on this. Let them go to their graves without contact.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for trying to contact my husband through the means that are available to me?

your husband might be developing schizophrenia when my dad developed it in his late 20s he went loving insane about being spied on. I got a healthy dose of paranoia when mine developed to.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (23F) boyfriend (32M) thinks I am a slob. Is he overreacting or I really am one?

youre a slob but your boyfriend sounds like an rear end in a top hat who wants you to clean everything every single day. you should vacuum every other day though if you acumulate enough poo poo on the ground in 3 days. also wash your windows they get dusty as gently caress.

snergle fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 26, 2019

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Mods please change my name to "spider net"

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Just kill that idiot

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I'm sorry, spider net cleaning puff?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Scathach posted:

Duster, I'm guessing, though spider net is an eyebrow raiser in and of itself.

I'm guessing English isn't her first language.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

What happened to using the vacuum, or a piece of paper, or a cup (if you can't stand to kill spiders, like me) or a broom or something?

There are so many weird things about this confusing woman and her small shrieking child.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Her boyfriend is an rear end in a top hat but she's absolutely a huge slob and needs to be vacuuming more often if their place is a mess after 2 days. She should highly consider a robot vacuum since highly quality not-Roombas are regularly available for sub-$200 and then she can go play video games or masturbate while the robo vac does stuff. I'm immensely lazy and have a cat who sheds whole forests by the hour but I still manage to keep my place reasonably clean by running the thing every couple days. It's very quiet too. I can barely hear it over music, games, or taking a nap.

Also maybe don't date 32 year old guys who don't respect you at 23.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 26, 2019

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

My (21F) boyfriend (25M) always tells me to reach out to a now famous girl I knew in high school

She needs to dump her boyfriend and then date the singer, just to annoy him.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I don’t go to work tomorrow after being trusted with an early payment?

I’ve been hired to be an interpreter at an exhibition. I say hired but really they were going to pay me in hand.

Today was the day before my last day and they payed me even though I’m supposed ti go tomorrow. The thing is that they’ve been treating me like an object. I’m really uncomfortable there. My bosses keep flirting with me and they have me there more like a “pretty thing” than a professional who’s there to help them communicate with others.

I need the money so I’ve been putting up with this for these 6 days (full time). Some of my friends tell me not to go so as not to encourage this kind of sexist behaviour, but idk if I’d feel good after not doing something I promised and was payed to do.

So I’ll ask here. Should I go?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (22f) want to go on a girl's camping trip with a group (all ages f) I don't know. My boyfriend (29m) doesn't want me going without him.

I'm trying to make more female friends. I'm working in software development and all my work friends are guys, I've grown apart from my college friend group as we all graduated and moved to different places. and I really don't do a lot of activities that help me make friends, I like reading and hiking, and backpacking with my boyfriend Alex. Most of my social life is going out to happy hours or parties with my guy friends from work.

Plus Alex and I do so much together and in my opinion it's harder to make new friends when you're with someone you already know. It's too easy to just stick with each other instead of putting yourself out there.

One of my work friends, Jacob, has a friend Ellen who I met and got along with well, and she invited me to come to this meetup she does, an all girl hiking/ backpacking / outdoors adventure club.

It sounded perfect for me, I love hiking and camping, the group sounds really fun and positive, and I've been missing having girl friends for a while.

So I made plans to go on a weekend camping and rafting trip with the group. We'd be camping out for two nights and spending a day hiking, and another day Whitewater rafting. The only person I will know is Ellen, and I hardly know her since we only meet twice. But she seems nice and she promised me that the group is really welcoming to newcomers.

I told Alex about how I was going camping with the group, and he didn't like how I was going to the woods for 2 days with a bunch of strangers and an acquaintance. Especially because there might not be cell reception. He wanted to come with me if I went.

I said that I probably couldn't bring him, it's a girl's group. Maybe if I was a member for a while and I found out that plus ones are ok occasionally, I could bring them. But I didn't want to be that girl who shows up for a girl's trip with her boyfriend in tow, and ruin the vibe. Especially not as my first impression.

So I said no, and we're kind of at a standstill. Alex thinks I'm being reckless, and I think the trip is worth going to, there's no way to make friends without putting yourself out there a little

What should I do?

tldr - I want to go to a camping meetup, a girl's trip with mainly people I don't know. My boyfriend doesn't like the idea.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I’ve been hired to be an interpreter at an exhibition. I say hired but really they were going to pay me in hand.

Today was the day before my last day and they payed me even though I’m supposed ti go tomorrow. The thing is that they’ve been treating me like an object. I’m really uncomfortable there. My bosses keep flirting with me and they have me there more like a “pretty thing” than a professional who’s there to help them communicate with others.

I need the money so I’ve been putting up with this for these 6 days (full time). Some of my friends tell me not to go so as not to encourage this kind of sexist behaviour, but idk if I’d feel good after not doing something I promised and was payed to do.

gently caress ‘em. Tell them you died suddenly if they ask.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (22f) want to go on a girl's camping trip with a group (all ages f) I don't know. My boyfriend (29m) doesn't want me going without him.

I'm trying to make more female friends. I'm working in software development and all my work friends are guys, I've grown apart from my college friend group as we all graduated and moved to different places. and I really don't do a lot of activities that help me make friends, I like reading and hiking, and backpacking with my boyfriend Alex. Most of my social life is going out to happy hours or parties with my guy friends from work.

Plus Alex and I do so much together and in my opinion it's harder to make new friends when you're with someone you already know. It's too easy to just stick with each other instead of putting yourself out there.

One of my work friends, Jacob, has a friend Ellen who I met and got along with well, and she invited me to come to this meetup she does, an all girl hiking/ backpacking / outdoors adventure club.

It sounded perfect for me, I love hiking and camping, the group sounds really fun and positive, and I've been missing having girl friends for a while.

So I made plans to go on a weekend camping and rafting trip with the group. We'd be camping out for two nights and spending a day hiking, and another day Whitewater rafting. The only person I will know is Ellen, and I hardly know her since we only meet twice. But she seems nice and she promised me that the group is really welcoming to newcomers.

I told Alex about how I was going camping with the group, and he didn't like how I was going to the woods for 2 days with a bunch of strangers and an acquaintance. Especially because there might not be cell reception. He wanted to come with me if I went.

I said that I probably couldn't bring him, it's a girl's group. Maybe if I was a member for a while and I found out that plus ones are ok occasionally, I could bring them. But I didn't want to be that girl who shows up for a girl's trip with her boyfriend in tow, and ruin the vibe. Especially not as my first impression.

So I said no, and we're kind of at a standstill. Alex thinks I'm being reckless, and I think the trip is worth going to, there's no way to make friends without putting yourself out there a little

What should I do?

tldr - I want to go to a camping meetup, a girl's trip with mainly people I don't know. My boyfriend doesn't like the idea.

:sever: from your boyfriend. He fears your unrestrained power. My bet is that he's been subtly poisoning you, just a little poison, to ensure you can't fully appreciate your own abilities and potential. Once you eat unadulterated food you will experience a rush of emotions and memories, unlocking your true self. At 22 you have a lot of future left and you shouldn't shackle yourself to a person as nefarious and lame as your current boyfriend.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Whatever they’re paying her for one day probably isn’t worth their time to sue over, so go for it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My[20 F] ex[19 M] asked for sex toys that he gifted me back. Is this weird?

quote:

My ex boyfriend and I saw each other for about 5 months, and I broke up with him about a month and a half ago due to a variety of issues, but we both truly wanted to work on them and try to get back together. I thought that taking this time to work on himself would help our relationship in the long run, but we have been fighting even more and it has been incredibly draining on me. We got in an argument last weekend, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I told him that I didn't want to fix things anymore and was done with him.

A few hours after this, he asks me when he can get his things back(which is fine and normal), but then asked me to give him the butt plugs he gave me back as well. I was confused and honestly grossed out by this, as I have used them. He says that it pisses him off thinking about how I could potentially use the butt plugs with another partner and that he bought them for us, not me.

I honestly got quite upset, and called him possessive for caring so much about who I want to have sex with in the future, and hypocritical, as a past ex gave me a vibrator and he wanted to use it with me during sex despite it being a gift from a previous partner of mine. He got pissed, said I invalidated his feelings and that I said those things to make him feel bad. He says he wants the butt plugs back so he can throw them away. I told him that if he wanted the butt plugs back, then I would also give him the other things he gave me back as well. I just don't agree with his reasoning and feel weird giving used sex toys back to him. Am I in the wrong?

TL;DR Ex boyfriend wants butt plugs he gave me back so that I won't use them with other people. Is this weird? What do I do?

Ex is later caught sobbing while ramming the butt plugs in his as as hard as possible.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting to pay my friend $250 for a drug-induced hookup with his tinder date?

This is kind of a weird one because I already know I'm an rear end in a top hat, but I need to know if I'm being an rear end in a top hat twice. Also, sorry for how long this is.

So my buddy "T" has been hooking up with a girl "L" for a few weeks. During the second or third time we all hung out together, they had both expressed to me (individually) that they didn't really get along well and that they didn't things going anywhere. It seemed
odd that they so quickly vented to me about this, but I figured this is how many tinder-relationships go.

Now eventually we started partying with their friends and, a couple times, L had come on to me a tiny bit. I tried brushing these off as random drunk comments.

As of now, T has been out of the country for a week and a half. He has encouraged me to hang out with L despite him being gone and has even encouraged her to get me to trip on mushrooms. This last Saturday, I went to a party with L and she was able to convince me to "micro dose" on shrooms. Part of me thought it wasn't a good idea but she assured me that she'd babysit me if need be, and T encouraged it via texts to us. We both took the mushrooms and continuously drank beer throughout the night. When it was time to leave the party, L needed to be walked back home. I was going to go back to my car after walking her home, but she convinced me to stay since I probably wasn't ready to drive.

L suggests drinking more beer and proceeds to put on a movie and go change... into a big shirt that covers just her underwear. My non-sober mind figures it's no biggy but she then asks if it would be weird to cuddle. I said it wouldn't be weird, but I also tend to be very cuddly when under the influence, and to reiterate: we were both drunk and tripping. Unfortunately the cuddling led to kissing and more.

I'm very aware that we hosed up here and that being drunk and high doesn't excuse what we did. However, it was firmly established that L and T were casual, not exclusive, not really into each other, and had not seen long-term potential. Again, this doesn't excuse us doing what we did without at least consulting T first. We both told him about it when we sobered up the following day and we both apologized profusely.

T responded saying that it wasn't a big deal and that although he wouldn't want to continue things with L, he was still great friends with me and hoped to be friends with L. He even told me that it was a bit of a blessing since he wasn't sure how he'd want to end things with L.

Now for some reason, tonight, T decided to send me a venmo request of $250 and claim that I need to make amends for ruining their relationship and cover the costs of what he'd spent on her in terms of food and gas money etc. He also claims that I'm getting off easy.

I certainly know that I hosed up and had even told him that I wouldn't blame him for hating me, but I think that the $250 request is ridiculous.

So AITA for not wanting to pay the $250?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

snergle posted:

your husband might be developing schizophrenia when my dad developed it in his late 20s he went loving insane about being spied on. I got a healthy dose of paranoia when mine developed to.

While this might be true she technically is spying on him lol so it’s not unfounded. Like she said she doesn’t care what he does but she’ll use the cameras and stuff to get ahold him which could drive even a sane person crazy.

Still though the dumbass brought this on him self by not charging his phone even though he’s home all day playing games and watching tv?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What should I do?

Meanwhile, here I am begging my wife to go out with her friends and blow off some steam with them so I don't have to hear about her rear end in a top hat coworkers for at least 1 day

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What should I do?

Your boyfriend is an insecure baby. No one goes out and gets murdered im the woods by an all-ages gang of women unless they're a real shithead. He either thinks women aren't tough enough to go out alone, or thinks you're lying and going out with a bunch of men. Either way he sucks and isn't worthy of having a rad girlfriend.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

chitoryu12 posted:

My[20 F] ex[19 M] asked for sex toys that he gifted me back. Is this weird?

I told him that if he wanted the butt plugs back, then I would also give him the other things he gave me back as well.
This is a threat? Why would he not respond with "yeah that's cool."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

While this might be true she technically is spying on him lol so it’s not unfounded. Like she said she doesn’t care what he does but she’ll use the cameras and stuff to get ahold him which could drive even a sane person crazy.

Still though the dumbass brought this on him self by not charging his phone even though he’s home all day playing games and watching tv?

It sounds like she's only trying to get ahold of him for legitimate reasons (like finalizing plans or telling him that their kid got sick at school). If he doesn't want her having to use Alexa to contact him for important things, he should charge his drat phone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

It sounds like she's only trying to get ahold of him for legitimate reasons (like finalizing plans or telling him that their kid got sick at school). If he doesn't want her having to use Alexa to contact him for important things, he should charge his drat phone.

I don’t disagree with that at all. He did this to him self.

Why don’t they have a voip phone though? Seems like that might solve some problems?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

If he's not charging his phone on purpose he's probably avoiding something. Probably debt collectors imo

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I wouldn't want to sign up for an extra service because my husband is such a loving idiot that he can't keep his phone charged.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

This is a threat? Why would he not respond with "yeah that's cool."

they're children and this is what counts as high drama

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Scathach posted:

It's a special broom which has stiff bristles and attaches to an extendible pole.

Most just look like giant toilet brushes.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

AITA for refusing to give my newborn’s social security number to my aunt?

quote:

Two months ago my wife and I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl, Leyla. Sunday was the first big family get-together we’ve had in the last few months and we received a couple of presents from family members who couldn’t make it to the baby shower.

My aunt had a different idea for a present, she wanted to open a bank account in Leyla’s name and deposit money into it for birthdays, etc. When Leyla turned 18, she’d be able to access the money. I thought it sounded a bit strange since anyone on a joint account can access the money whenever they want but my wife thought it was a responsible thing to do. My aunt called yesterday in order to go open the account, but she wanted Leyla’s social security number. I told her straight up no, I didn’t feel comfortable giving out that information.

She told my mother and my mother got upset at me for it. Not that it’s really her business since I’m 30 and live a state away, but she said I was being too apprehensive about it. I just don’t know why she can’t open an account and just let us add her later.

AITA for not letting my aunt have my newborn daughter’s social security number to open a bank account?

UPDATE: AITA for refusing to give my newborn’s social security number to my aunt.

quote:

I was able to speak with my aunt and my mother a week and a half ago. My aunt was actually still pretty upset about it and my mother still took her side. I explained why exactly I didn’t feel good about giving her Leyla’s social security number. They both told me about how their aunts/uncles had opened accounts for them 40+ years ago for the exact same purpose and they didn’t see anything wrong with it.

After explaining to them that 40 years ago you didn’t have to worry much about someone stealing your identity, let alone before you could eat solid food, they seemed to understand. We ended up working out a compromise - My wife and I opened a bank account which lets both my aunt and my mother make deposits but not withdrawals, nor can they see any details about the account in their online banking portal. Everything seemed to have worked out well.

Yesterday, my mom called and told me her credit card company had called about a several hundred dollar charge from Romania. She had the card cancelled, looked at her credit, saw a totally different credit card had been opened in her name. She said it completely justified my hesitation. Her information was stolen in the Equifax breach a couple of years ago.

Moral of the story: Trust your gut on financial matters. While my mom and aunt had good intentions in mind, you really can’t be too careful these days.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Never date dudes addicted to anime porn but also don't date dudes addicted to any type of porn who have broken dicks because they can't stop jerking it 24/7 beyond all reason.

Speaking from experience?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The guy who keeps getting beaten up is still getting beat up. 2 days ago:

I found the guy who robbed me a few weeks ago and tried to fight him but lost.

quote:

A few weeks ago I made a post on here talking about how I got robbed.

I have a lot of issues lately and I have not been sleeping much. So it usually has me ending up just driving into the night around my city somewhere. I usually wake up at like 2-3AM and go out until like 7-8ish I like to find a new place daily to watch the sun rise.

This morning around 7am I was getting ready to head home from this downtowny area in my city. I was walking as I saw one of the two men who robbed me getting into a car across the street. I was instantly angry. I ran over to his car and opened the door and ripped him out of it. I slammed him into his car and then started screaming in his face and followed it up with a few punches. He threw one of his hands into my chest and I went flying backwards. He then kicked me in the head repeatedly. I was able to grab his leg and latch on then he grabbed me by my head and slammed me into the pavement a couple times until I stopped moving. Lifted up his shirt and showed me a gun and told me I’m lucky he didn’t kill me. Then he drove away. My body and face were just staring to heal from all the injuries as of late and now it’s all back and it feels 100 times worse. I might have a concussion this time. I’m thinking about going to the doctors at some point again just for another check up.

Has anyone else had similar experiences. Was I wrong for trying to get revenge?

21 hours ago:

I got robbed and beat up while picking up weed a while back by two guys. The other day I saw one of them and I attacked him and lost. Today they came to my house and beat me up and threatened to kill me.

quote:

I’m wondering what my legal stance is here. What steps can I take? Let me explain more in depth.

So firstly. I asked My “friend” at the time if she knew anyone I could pick up from one morning because it was very early in the morning/late at night. I have trouble sleeping so it usually ends up in me driving around at night a lot and going on walks so I was trying to find 5 grams of weed. So as I found out later, these guys actually pay her to set up people to rob them. (The whole story is inside posts in my post history if you want to look) basically I went and tried to buy. They jumped and robbed me of a bunch of money and my phone and everything. I tried to fight back but they were both bigger and stronger I had no chance.

Then the other day I saw one of them getting into his car while on one of my early morning walks. I ran over and ripped him out and tried to beat him up but as I said bigger and stronger so he won. He then showed me a gun and said I was lucky he didn’t kill me and then drove away.

Today I got a knock on the door and it was the two of them. I guess the “friend” from before told them where I lived. They came in and beat the poo poo out of me and stole more of my things (my brand new phone, my wallet with a few hundred in there, my loving Kerrug coffee maker)and said if I ever try to retaliate again they’re going to kill me. Then said that maybe they will anyways for the hell of it. As they left they said they’d “see me soon”.

They basically walked in and started both punching me while I got in punches myself whenever I could but it ended up with me being body slammed on the ground and held down by one of them while the other grabbed the stuff and made sure to trash my house as much as he could.

So what can I do legally? I know nothing about these people. This all did start with me trying to buy drugs. I did hit back when robbed the first time and today. Plus I went out of my way to attack one of them. I’m not sure the cops are going to care much about my situation but I’d like to press charges if I won’t go down too. So can I? What are my options here?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's a special broom which has stiff bristles and attaches to an extendible pole.

Most just look like giant toilet brushes.

Those things are pretty much mandatory for hideous McMansions with their love for vaulted ceilings and “great rooms” and so on. Mandatory unless you want spider nets everywhere, obviously.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

21 hours ago:

I got robbed and beat up while picking up weed a while back by two guys. The other day I saw one of them and I attacked him and lost. Today they came to my house and beat me up and threatened to kill me.

Please make a new thread for this guys weirdo fetish stories.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Mandatory unless you want spider nets everywhere, obviously.

do you not?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

21 hours ago:

How much poo poo does this dude own? When I got robbed I had nothing to steal for like 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

It's fun to use Alexa to turn the lights off and on to get someone's attention in another room. Doing it from another building is just upping the game.