Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

crazyivan45 posted:

2019: right wing “patriot” joins ICE to legally torture brown children

Oh I think they've been at that awhile.

Anyone else get years of Facebook ads saying "jobs for veterans!! Click here!!!" And it was a picture of a dude in full gear kicking in a door that looked like it was on main Street usa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ask the CHUDs you know if what the CCP is running in Xinjiang are concentration camps? Then probably mock them for not knowing anything about it let alone be able to locate it on a map.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just tried explaining the Kapo situation to a colleague and he compared it to school prefects

Anyone got a portable guillotine

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I just tried explaining the Kapo situation to a colleague and he compared it to school prefects

Anyone got a portable guillotine

Doesn't the British public school system have a real problem with prefects and sexual abuse?

Remember too it's England so public school=American private school.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Posting this on facebook is turning into an effective way to clear out what's left of the chud fuckface vets that I haven't brought myself to unfriend yet for *reasons*.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A Bad Poster posted:

It'll be China. 100%. And if the US complains, what are they going to do not trade with them?

yes. people will think this is exactly how it will work and we will be fine in spite of it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
:laffo: r/the_donald has been quarantined

https://www.thedailybeast.com/reddit-quarantines-pro-trump-subreddit-the_donald-over-anti-police-threats

bengy81
May 8, 2010
RE: The most current event

R/The_Donald has been quarantined.

The shitheads that frequent that sub are being big wet babies about it, of course. Please join me in prayer, because if there is a GOD, then hopefully the Trunp will start bitching on Twitter about it.

EDIT: GODDAMIT BEATEN AGAIN!!!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I went to bat for a probable war criminal and all I got was this lousy perjury charge

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1143976961091559429?s=19

(And probable dishonorable discharge)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I went to bat for a probable war criminal and all I got was this lousy perjury charge

I see the navy’s ratings system has broken the NYTimes’s style standards. (“Special Operator Scott” is repeated many times)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BigDave posted:

Doesn't the British public school system have a real problem with prefects and sexual abuse?

Remember too it's England so public school=American private school.

At this point I cant actually tell who's joking about my nationality anymore

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Travon/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Only flaw is him asking politely.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
there were a bunch of threats against police about the that oregon stuff, thats why they shut down that subreddit

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ahh the ol’ spicy create your own emergency play.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Hey I was right about the prefect abuse thing. They literally called it 'fagging'.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2005/oct/12/publicschools.schools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagging

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

There’s an old Sandman comic about the abuse in the British school system and one of the abusers complained about nobody to fag for them.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Hot Karl Marx posted:

there were a bunch of threats against police about the that oregon stuff, thats why they shut down that subreddit

i see they also dont like cop chat

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Tryzzub posted:

They weren’t even shut down, it’s still a subreddit, it just can’t be scene by the front page.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Tryzzub posted:

I wonder what Cop Chat looks like in a sub forum which is willing to deep throat the boot 99% of the time.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie Bitchtits is going to have to eat all the hamberders himself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/alikrieg...ontrol-or-grope

Reminds me of this.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 26, 2019

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Are the Qanon nutbags dissecting tweets about the subreddit getting shut down?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

They weren’t even shut down, it’s still a subreddit, it just can’t be scene by the front page.

It will no longer appear on the front page, you must be logged in to view it, non-verified emails can no longer post or vote, and it cannot be viewed on mobile unless you view it and accept the quarantine warning on a desktop first.

The last one is what a lot of people will speculate will kill it, as 50% of Reddit users only browse on their phone.

Oh, T_D also apparently had modified their CSS to prevent people downvoting or reporting posts, so it'll be interesting what change that will cause.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

quote:

Special Operator Dalton Tolbert, a sniper who was in Chief Gallagher’s platoon in 2017 and is now assigned to SEAL Team Six, testified on Friday that he had witnessed Chief Gallagher shoot an old man who, he said, “didn’t deserve to die.”

He told the court that he believes he will probably be cut from SEAL Team 6 because of his part in the trial and the public attention it has drawn. But despite that, he sent other platoon members a text message a few weeks before the trial urging them not to give in to pressure to keep silent.

“I know guys are all in different situations right now,” he wrote. “Some are worried about careers, others threatened with jail time or even death threats.” But if any of his fellow SEALs refused to testify out of loyalty to Chief Gallagher or to the SEALs’ culture of silence, he wrote, “I think our friendship will end there.”

Buried in there, but this dude owns and represents the true ideal values of the military.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arven posted:

It will no longer appear on the front page, you must be logged in to view it, non-verified emails can no longer post or vote, and it cannot be viewed on mobile unless you view it and accept the quarantine warning on a desktop first.

The last one is what a lot of people will speculate will kill it, as 50% of Reddit users only browse on their phone.

Oh, T_D also apparently had modified their CSS to prevent people downvoting or reporting posts, so it'll be interesting what change that will cause.
I haven't seen anything form T_D on the front page in forever, so they were probably already doing something to suppress it. It should have been an outright ban but Reddit's leadership are a bunch of pussies.

I do a little bit of browsing at work. It kills time and that's about it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Good. Shut down unpopular opinions next

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Until it’s run on CNN reddit won’t do poo poo. I have a friend that’s relatively high up in reddit (like she was at the CEOs baby shower taking selfies with Serena) and she is super liberal and even she won’t bite the hand that feeds. They make a poo poo ton of money off of the crazy right wing so they will do everything in their power to keep them from jumping ship.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Good. Shut down unpopular opinions next

all the "penalties" are conditions that have applied to GiP since its inception, they're giant babies.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Arven posted:

So much for the market place of ideas.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Flying_Crab posted:

Buried in there, but this dude owns and represents the true ideal values of the military.

Solid man.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fallom posted:

How come the Gun Folk aren’t willing to fight for the life of their media

Because most of us aren't quite that crazy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Stultus Maximus posted:

China doesn't have the financial security and history needed to replace the dollar - they only made it a real currency within the last decade - and Russia sure as gently caress doesn't.

The Euro, on the other hand... Brexiteers and other instability are holding that one off but the Decorative Hate Squash is doing his best to destroy trust in our stability.

To be fair, the US didn't have any of that either. We built it mostly by displacing Britain starting in the western hemisphere and moving outward throughout WWI and WWII.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Until it’s run on CNN reddit won’t do poo poo. I have a friend that’s relatively high up in reddit (like she was at the CEOs baby shower taking selfies with Serena) and she is super liberal and even she won’t bite the hand that feeds. They make a poo poo ton of money off of the crazy right wing so they will do everything in their power to keep them from jumping ship.

Dogshit coastal liberals that will bend over backwards for literal neonazis if it means they make an extra dollar are what's wrong with this country.

Your friend probably makes covfefe jokes on twitter while helping to spread hate

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Senator Doug Jones (who won the football game) is going to try to pass S 622 tomorrow by unanimous consent.

I hope C-SPAN records it so we can see which piece of poo poo shoots it down.

And I know I said I'd only update on Mondays, but gently caress it I'm in charge now so I'll do what I want. HR 553 picked up seven more cosponsors, bringing the number up to 359.

Rep. Pascrell, Bill, Jr. [D-NJ-9] 06/24/2019
Rep. Graves, Tom [R-GA-14] 06/24/2019
Rep. Rogers, Harold [R-KY-5] 06/24/2019
Rep. Schweikert, David [R-AZ-6] 06/24/2019
Rep. Collins, Doug [R-GA-9] 06/24/2019
Rep. Shalala, Donna E. [D-FL-27] 06/24/2019
Rep. Maloney, Carolyn B. [D-NY-12] 06/24/2019

These guys are assholes:

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th
California: 2nd, 11th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 27th, 34th, 35th, 45th, 50th
Florida: 3rd, 11th, 19th, 23rd
Georgia: 5th, 7th, 13th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 14th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd
Kentucky: 4th
Louisiana: 6th
Maryland: 5th
Michigan: 3rd
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Nebraska: 3rd
New Hampshire: 2nd
New York: 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th
North Carolina: 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 16th
Oklahoma: 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 4th, 9th, 10th
South Carolina: 6th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 7th, 13th, 19th, 21st, 30th
Washington: 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

No movement in the Senate. These people sniff their own farts:

Shelby, Richard C. - (R - AL)
Isakson, Johnny - (R - GA)
Perdue, David - (R - GA)
Ernst, Joni - (R - IA)
Grassley, Chuck - (R - IA)
Braun, Mike - (R - IN)
Young, Todd - (R - IN)
McConnell, Mitch - (R - KY)
King, Angus S., Jr. - (I - ME)
Hawley, Josh - (R - MO)
Fischer, Deb - (R - NE)
Sasse, Ben - (R - NE)
Portman, Rob - (R - OH)
Lankford, James - (R - OK)
Toomey, Patrick J. - (R - PA)
Reed, Jack - (D - RI)
Thune, John - (R - SD)
Lee, Mike - (R - UT)
Romney, Mitt - (R - UT)
Kaine, Tim - (D - VA)
Warner, Mark R. - (D - VA)
Johnson, Ron - (R - WI)
Barrasso, John - (R - WY)
Enzi, Michael B. - (R - WY)

Can I trust you guys to bombard whatever rear end in a top hat in the Senate blocks UC tomorrow with anger and contempt?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Dogshit coastal liberals that will bend over backwards for literal neonazis if it means they make an extra dollar are what's wrong with this country.

I think the neonazis are what's wrong with this country.

C2N14
Jul 11, 2018

Destroyer of spectrometers

McNally posted:

Senator Doug Jones (who won the football game) is going to try to pass S 622 tomorrow by unanimous consent.

I hope C-SPAN records it so we can see which piece of poo poo shoots it down.

And I know I said I'd only update on Mondays, but gently caress it I'm in charge now so I'll do what I want. HR 553 picked up seven more cosponsors, bringing the number up to 359.

Rep. Pascrell, Bill, Jr. [D-NJ-9] 06/24/2019
Rep. Graves, Tom [R-GA-14] 06/24/2019
Rep. Rogers, Harold [R-KY-5] 06/24/2019
Rep. Schweikert, David [R-AZ-6] 06/24/2019
Rep. Collins, Doug [R-GA-9] 06/24/2019
Rep. Shalala, Donna E. [D-FL-27] 06/24/2019
Rep. Maloney, Carolyn B. [D-NY-12] 06/24/2019

These guys are assholes:

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th
California: 2nd, 11th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 27th, 34th, 35th, 45th, 50th
Florida: 3rd, 11th, 19th, 23rd
Georgia: 5th, 7th, 13th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 14th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd
Kentucky: 4th
Louisiana: 6th
Maryland: 5th
Michigan: 3rd
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Nebraska: 3rd
New Hampshire: 2nd
New York: 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th
North Carolina: 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 16th
Oklahoma: 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 4th, 9th, 10th
South Carolina: 6th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 7th, 13th, 19th, 21st, 30th
Washington: 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

No movement in the Senate. These people sniff their own farts:

Shelby, Richard C. - (R - AL)
Isakson, Johnny - (R - GA)
Perdue, David - (R - GA)
Ernst, Joni - (R - IA)
Grassley, Chuck - (R - IA)
Braun, Mike - (R - IN)
Young, Todd - (R - IN)
McConnell, Mitch - (R - KY)
King, Angus S., Jr. - (I - ME)
Hawley, Josh - (R - MO)
Fischer, Deb - (R - NE)
Sasse, Ben - (R - NE)
Portman, Rob - (R - OH)
Lankford, James - (R - OK)
Toomey, Patrick J. - (R - PA)
Reed, Jack - (D - RI)
Thune, John - (R - SD)
Lee, Mike - (R - UT)
Romney, Mitt - (R - UT)
Kaine, Tim - (D - VA)
Warner, Mark R. - (D - VA)
Johnson, Ron - (R - WI)
Barrasso, John - (R - WY)
Enzi, Michael B. - (R - WY)

Can I trust you guys to bombard whatever rear end in a top hat in the Senate blocks UC tomorrow with anger and contempt?

McNally, I have some family in Indiana and family/family friends who are heavily involved in politics there. Lemme know if the fuckers from that state continue to be awful, because most of 'em are real pissed at the GOP and I may be able to convince them to pester the congresscritters.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Edit whoops thought I was in the chat thread. Uh, Trump is bad and I hope he loses in 2020. Thanks!

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chichevache posted:

I think the neonazis are what's wrong with this country.

Both are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/Pumdaddy/status/1144071329383112705