Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Realtalk cant wait until Cadence of Hyrule speedruns even though I'll never play it because I'm bad at Crypt but it looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
Anyone got a list of what was good today, starting from after silent hill 3. doesnt even need to be amazing runs just good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Realtalk cant wait until Cadence of Hyrule speedruns even though I'll never play it because I'm bad at Crypt but it looks cool

cadence is a lot easier than crypt fwiw

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

cadence is a lot easier than crypt fwiw

Thats cool, I don't want to boot up my switch to check but I hope there is a demo in that case!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They should have a Hyrule Warriors 100% speedrun. :allears:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

SpRahl posted:

Anyone got a list of what was good today, starting from after silent hill 3. doesnt even need to be amazing runs just good.

Divekick was entertaining. it was a super close race.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

They should have a Hyrule Warriors 100% speedrun. :allears:

I wanted to see if there was a 100% catagory for Hyrule Warriors (there isnt) but was also surprised to see that its 2:20:00-3:00:00ish depending on new game or new game+

e: there are different catagories like All Levels for definitive edition which are like 8 hours lol which I don't think I could do, and I say this as someone who loved the FF7 run a few back.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

Simply by virtue of not being a roguelike unless you set it to be, Cadence of Hyrule is way easier and anyone should be able to play it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Yeah.... it sort of loses it's luster when you say it 100 times during a run.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Zaheer is such a nice guy

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the hype is falling asleep

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

SpRahl posted:

Red Alert 3 Co-Op All Cutscenes.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the hype is falling asleep

I mean, these long RPG runs are great when I need to get some work done, but they can drag and Zelda is no exception.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i got bored halfway through making this so it's not a long as it could be but dropping it here

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

y'know i like LBW a lot but turns out a 100% run of it does not make for a great 3 hours of content

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i got bored halfway through making this so it's not a long as it could be but dropping it here

lmao

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Brother Entropy posted:

y'know i like LBW a lot but turns out a 100% run of it does not make for a great 3 hours of content

It doesn't help that the couch is bad.

Edit: And that the runner+couch managed to kill hype.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 27, 2019

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

100% runs are kinda boring imo. Sometimes they're alright but other times they are 3 hours long and they have a couch that is asleep.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

LuiCypher posted:

It doesn't help that the couch is bad.

RPG runs live or die based off the depth and breadth of knowledge the runner/couch has of every minor inner working of the game

there was an FF1 run with RNG manip back in 2017 that gyre, feasel, and puwexil did and it was a genuinely enjoyable 4 hours because they knew the drat thing inside out and backwards and always had something to talk about

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there anything sadder than a force hype

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Vermain posted:

RPG runs live or die based off the depth and breadth of knowledge the runner/couch has of every minor inner working of the game

there was an FF1 run with RNG manip back in 2017 that gyre, feasel, and puwexil did and it was a genuinely enjoyable 4 hours because they knew the drat thing inside out and backwards and always had something to talk about

gyre is also pretty charismatic and is able to maintain a constant casual dialogue during his normal streams too

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Jeb Bush: "Please hype"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Vermain posted:

Same with the FF7 run and that was 7 hours.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there anything sadder than a force hype

The couch's forced quips.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This run has been okay but you definitely need a more active couch to make it work.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Jeb Bush: "Please orb"

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Eh, sometimes a run just is, not everyone is charismatic

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

This run has been okay but you definitely need a more active couch to make it work.

Yeah this. The run itself has been solidly done, but the runner really needed the couch to say more then "hype" every now and then.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo this run is boring

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think I found the 100% Wind Waker run more engaging and that went on for about 7 hours.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I think if they couch was saying literally anything, it would be better but yeah this is rough.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Maybe a three hour 100% run that has two trips through a fifty floor enemy gauntlet isn't the best thing to put on the schedule.

Edit: and the guy reading donations right now isn't so hot either

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 27, 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this is distortion2's first GDQ run coming up, right? i feel like he's been trying to get one in forever

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

on the bright side ds2 is after this and soulsborne games are always cool runs :toot:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

THinking on Soulsborne runs, I wonder how Bubbles is doing these days

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I would rather watch a rando than a 100% tbh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think DS2 is the last All Bosses run I haven't seen at a GDQ so I'm excited

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I missed what he got for throwing a billion rupees into the fairy pool, what was it?

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, looking forward to the DS2 all boss run, seeing the DLC bosses be taken down will be a thing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

I missed what he got for throwing a billion rupees into the fairy pool, what was it?

An empty bottle, it's the worst lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

THinking on Soulsborne runs, I wonder how Bubbles is doing these days

iirc he ran one of the DS games at RPG limit break this year so he's probably alright

there's definitely been worse fuckups in GDQ history but learning the extremely dangerous crash-prone route for a marathon when another, safer one had already been discovered and routed was a tragic decision, especially since that was, i believe, the first run of DS3 ever featured