Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I will buy the dmc3 port when it drops, on sale though, cause this system has Bayo and astral chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd love an MvC2 port.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd love an MvC2 port.

Oh hell yeah.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd love an MvC2 port.

I want to be taken for a ride

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd love an MvC2 port.

That would own. UMVC3 would be cool too on Switch. It was on Vita so why not.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd love an MvC2 port.

The Sega ages people did talk about doing more arcade stuff.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

FFA is terrible and making it through sucked. However the last boss is easy to cheese, use the Sword and don't attack unless it's your charged attack. This causes your character to fly in a direction to the end of the screen and fly back. You can hit him twice with this move and you're completely invincible doing it. The first phase is easier to normal attack though since they're so small. After that just wait for the charge, attack, and repeat. Also, you can ask the girl to heal you infinitely if you want to. The problem is that it's a heal over time so if you're low on health you're going to have to wait for your health to tick up so don't get hit.

I was level 35 and a guide I read said that you should be around 50, but it was still doable even though it was a completely pain in the rear end. But the game sucks and just moving onto Secret of Mana is also a good option.

I didn't realize I wasn't on the last boss - I was on the winged demon form and I finally beat him through save state abuse. The real last guy is even more annoying! How do you not get hit by his completely random spawn point? Anyway, I'm just making a save state every time I hit him without getting hurt. I'll get there eventually. No idea how I beat this game as a kid.I probably grinded my way up to some obscene level.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Cool I just had Bloodstained crash on me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

The Sega ages people did talk about doing more arcade stuff.

Non Sega arcade stuff?

Let M2 port everything imo.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Non Sega arcade stuff?

Let M2 port everything imo.

Ugh, I forget that's capcom, who is sitting on all the best ips

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

That would own. UMVC3 would be cool too on Switch. It was on Vita so why not.

Licensing issues most likely, especially after the MvC:I debacle.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Merkinman posted:

Cool I just had Bloodstained crash on me.

I haven't had it crash yet, but sometimes random words are missing from text boxes. The space for them is there, it's just blank. I'm not even sure how you accomplish that.

Music's hittin' the spot, though.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

What's another relaxing game I can dump a hundred+ hours into? Just finished BotW and before that Stardew Valley.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Coxswain Balls posted:

What's another relaxing game I can dump a hundred+ hours into? Just finished BotW and before that Stardew Valley.

Diablo 3

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Coxswain Balls posted:

I found Dragon Quest Builders to be relaxing in a similar way that Stardew made me feel. Of course Animal Crossing will be the ultimate of this in March.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its not hundred of hours, but golf story is very relaxing

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

If SMM2 had games with online friends, I'd be really excited for tomorrow night. Hopefully, they patch it soon.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Hammer Bro. posted:

I haven't had it crash yet, but sometimes random words are missing from text boxes. The space for them is there, it's just blank. I'm not even sure how you accomplish that.

Music's hittin' the spot, though.

Had that happen too. It crashed in the room with the good cursed barber. I think I hit X the moment I saw him to do a ranged attack, which was right when the cutscene was supposed to happen, so the game poo poo itself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd love an MvC2 port.

Who needs a port when you own the original on Dreamcast and an arcade stick? :smuggo:

It definitely should get ported.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Speaking of over-priced ports, Terraria’s dropping tomorrow out of nowhere at 30$

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Can I make friends with the monsters? I enjoyed finding the moblin mask and being all "how do you do fellow moblins". I freaked out when I found out you can feed them steaks and then they'll start following you around.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Fancy Hat! posted:

Speaking of over-priced ports, Terraria’s dropping tomorrow out of nowhere at 30$

Oof.. I bought a PSVita so I could play Terraria on the go, I guess this is at least cheaper than that

Kerm
Jun 17, 2003

VIDEO GAME RINGTONES

katkillad2 posted:

Been playing though Bloodstained, it's fun but gets way too easy on normal mode. After the first couple of bosses I've just been able to face tank everything and I've not done any grinding. Also in a game with this many weapons, it kind of sucks that within the first 30 minutes I'm pretty sure I found a weapon that's 2-3x better than anything I've seen after 7 hours of play time.

I'm not sure how far you are but after I got to about 50% map completion the following new areas had a significant spike in difficulty. Like the only times I'd died prior were to bosses a handful of times. After that it became a struggle to get from save point to save point.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eonwe posted:

its not hundred of hours, but golf story is very relaxing

This is another good choice.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm a little surprised in general in Bloodstained's difficulty.Not that it's a bad thing. Or that it's super hard but i was expecting it to be piss easy for some reason.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Coxswain Balls posted:

Dragon Quest XI S when it comes out and if you do everything plus the previously cut content.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Len posted:

If World had the monster selection of MHGU it would be :perfect:

I only use the cat for resource gathering which is significantly improved in MHW but I know a lot of you guys dig the cat

I use the cat for everything. It's my main weapon. So yeah, I dig the cat. A lot.

Mister Facetious posted:

That's actually a pretty bad price for a game that's multiple years old and really just a port of a 3DS game, that was long since improved in basically every way by the newest release in the franchise.

Call me when World has Prowler mode.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Coxswain Balls posted:

Can I make friends with the monsters? I enjoyed finding the moblin mask and being all "how do you do fellow moblins". I freaked out when I found out you can feed them steaks and then they'll start following you around.

Sadly, no

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Coxswain Balls posted:

You can’t befriend the demons but you do get cosmetic pets who keep you company and pick up gold for you. I have about 30 to choose from, like a Thing style hand and a grumpy unicorn and blood soaked teddy bear.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

dantheman650 posted:

I didn't realize I wasn't on the last boss - I was on the winged demon form and I finally beat him through save state abuse. The real last guy is even more annoying! How do you not get hit by his completely random spawn point? Anyway, I'm just making a save state every time I hit him without getting hurt. I'll get there eventually. No idea how I beat this game as a kid.I probably grinded my way up to some obscene level.

So I found out that his teleports are somewhat predetermined, so using save states you can memorize his moves a couple steps ahead. But the rule of thumb is that once he starts fading away, just run over to where he just was because he'll never reappear in a spot he's always been and the chances are low that he'll spawn close enough to touch you when he reappears.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I'm a little surprised in general in Bloodstained's difficulty.Not that it's a bad thing. Or that it's super hard but i was expecting it to be piss easy for some reason.

I mean except for Ecclesia all of IGA's games had piss easy as the default difficulty, so I'd say it's just pattern recognition. Bloodstained being closer to the Ecclesia end was a nice surprise.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd put Bloodstained over Ecclesia, since Ecclesia was just hard in an annoying grindy way after a while. At least in Bloodstained it's usually just me being dumb when I die. The checkpoints can be unforgiving as hell though.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm really bad at this Cadence of Hyrule game, but I can't stop playing it. The music is so loving good, and it's so much fun to *missed a beat*

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

owns

Maybe one day I'll play ARMS again. Maybe.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Min-Min for the win-win! :peanut:

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I realise it's not everyone's cup of tea but I've been playing an enormous amount of Sky Force Reloaded, and Sky Force Anniversary. They're two really fun vertical shooters, you can power up your ship in each game, and collect stars to upgrade the ship on a consistent basis.

The upgrades are useful because each level can be played through at normal hard or insane difficulties. I've sunk hours upon hours into both lately and they're great.

So you can collect generic powerups that increase firing speed for all weapons but they go away each time when you die, and you can also spend collected stars on firing speed for Main cannon, Wing Cannon, Missiles, health, Magnet to pick up more stars, Laser, Energy shield and Megabomb. Those persist across games.

The difficulty levels increase the durability of the enemy ships and also increase their firing rates, and add new waves to the attack. The difference between the sparse bulltes you deal with at the start and the neon hell that is coming for you on later insane levels is amazing, it's really taught me how to improve at the game.

Get Sky Force Reloaded rather than Anniversary, it has loads more content.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

They've finally added the Sumikko school game to Japanese store! Can't wait for that, been playing the town game recently and it's very chill. Wish it was in English but all the Sumikko games are perfectly playable.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I ordered mario maker 2 but never played the first one, can you add text in levels somehow? Assuming block placement/coins or something? Got some ideas brewin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Smooth McGroove is pretty good :)