Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

The B team debate was actually more entertaining that I thought it would be.

Sure hope tomorrow night is just everybody throwing knives at Biden, though. He needs to crater soon.
I want to see a Julius Caesarian-style knifing of Biden tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
my debate grades:

Warren: A- nailed almost every question she was given, only downside to the debate was that they stopped asking her questions

Booker: B- those eyes will haunt me

Castro: B- had one niche but hit it hard

deBlasio: B- had some decent answers and some weak ones

Inslee: C+ like Castro he had one niche but didn't hit it as hard

Gabbard: C I really have nothing to say about her but she murdered Tim Ryan so that gets her some marks

Klobuchar: C- I don't actually remember any of her answers

Tim Ryan: D- got murdered by Gabbard

Beto: F- see me after class

Delaney: G for "Would have rather had the rotting husk of Gravel for entertainment purposes," also the only grade lower than an F

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Warren, de Blasio, Booker, Castro, and Inslee should move on.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ComfyPants posted:

I don't know, we got this out of it.

USPOL:

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

Booker and Castro outperformed expectations

Delaney didn't get straight-up booed like I was hoping, but he's still coming out of this completely humiliated and worthless

Warren did well as expected

Beto got destroyed. Tim Ryan blew it but no one really expected anything from him

He would never have been booed by people who could afford the $1750 ticket price.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
cant wait for tomorrow when they get a lineup of gusanos to ask bernie questions

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

gohmak posted:

Insley has a dope climate plan and Castro immigration. Keep them both around.

Insley EPA
Castro DHS (or whatever we call it after abolishing ICE)

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Doctor Teeth posted:

lincoln chafee is on stage right now. you just didn't notice

you could actually honestly nonironically say that and i'd maybe believe it

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol: how the gently caress is that 4Chan Lord plant Andew Yang even at a debate; get the gently caress out of here

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol: how the gently caress is that 4Chan Lord plant Andew Yang even at a debate; get the gently caress out of here

one

thousand

dollars

#yanggang

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

agreed, everyone else is useless, Warren was the anointed one and those three were the only dudes who were able to make ANY impact.

bdb did fine, but fine isn't good enough when you're the distant second generic white guy

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

What the gently caress is Andrew Yang doing up there?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TulliusCicero posted:

He promised Fully Automated Gay Luxury Space Communism or whatever the meme is

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

my debate grades:

Warren: A- nailed almost every question she was given, only downside to the debate was that they stopped asking her questions

Booker: B- those eyes will haunt me

Castro: B- had one niche but hit it hard

deBlasio: B- had some decent answers and some weak ones

Inslee: C+ like Castro he had one niche but didn't hit it as hard

Gabbard: C I really have nothing to say about her but she murdered Tim Ryan so that gets her some marks

Klobuchar: C- I don't actually remember any of her answers

Tim Ryan: D- got murdered by Gabbard

Beto: F- see me after class

Delaney: G for "Would have rather had the rotting husk of Gravel for entertainment purposes," also the only grade lower than an F

That’s about right.

Disappointed with Beto and Amy. Impressed with deBlasio, Castro and Booker.

Too bad deBlasio screwed up the whole Amazon deal in NYC. Overall he’s done good for the city but made some huge mistakes.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Spanish: Pandering or Potentially Helpful?

Your vote counts double if you don't speak Spanish.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
I hope Yang talks about circumcision tomorrow

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Yangs whole spiel is a thousand bucks , internet memes, twitter, and disgruntled chuds.

I know someone who is working on his campaign and she told me its a cluster gently caress and will quit after the debates.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Warren and Booker will come out positively, I think everyone else is toast .

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

TulliusCicero posted:

He’s a former Obama Administration member who’s incredibly successful and hyper-educated.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Booker, Warren, and Castro are the only candidates that really deserve to move on imo, Inslee was pretty weak and BdB had some okay answers but didn't really offer anything new or interesting.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would like a $1000.

Edit: Jim Webb killed a guy and held that grudge at least until 2016.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Who was the guy we all loved because he was a clear alcoholic? Might have been a Republican

Jim Webb suffered from alcoholism so maybe him?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Silly Burrito posted:

Trump impeached?

i was thinking "bernie's VP and her health holds out longer than his", but that works too

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1144051858174074880

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

TGLT posted:

Jim Webb suffered from alcoholism so maybe him?

That the guy that killed a man in 'Nam

https://images.app.goo.gl/2zEG9FmHBmP8CdKr6

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Here's my thoughts on each candidate:

Warren: The clear winner. She did something that the Democratic party has failed to do for years; show a spine. She was knowledgeable, actually answered every question, and really set herself up well.

Booker: Senator Booker was a bit weak in the beginning, but set himself apart by the end. He made some solid points and I feel this did well for him. I'm not exactly sure where he lives or what the demographics of that region are like. Definitely hit a lot of high notes, and I was particularly glad about how direct he was about the needs of the trans community and black trans people in particular.

Castro: Lots of solid points, great closing statement. I feel like he was a complete unknown before now and this debate was critical for getting his name out there.

Inslee: Good job taking on a lot of issues. Not as strong a showing as the top three but I'd consider him the cutoff for people who should consider staying in the race.

Bill de Blasio: Nothing about him was particularly memorable.

Gabbard: Did she serve? I felt like she was a one-trick candidate who clearly knows the military well but relied way too much on that to be viable.

Klobuchar: My eyes just glazed over every time she spoke. Aside from the line about the three women on stage doing a lot for women's rights there wasn't anything about her that was remotely inspiring.

O'Rourke: Should have stayed in Texas. The spanish was atrocious, the answers were milquetoast, and I've never seen a better example of "big fish in a small pond".

Delaney: You had your time, Congressman.

Ryan: The only memorable thing about him was that he got schooled by Gabbard on loving 9-11.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

That's the murder luster, yes.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008
Grades:

S-rank
Warren - Can tec out of combos pretty well. Has a great super and overall good command of field at any range. Closes quickly. Can glitch through most defences, although struggles against M-Bernie.

AAA-rank
Castro, Inslee - Although Inslee's Climate Change and Climate Catastrophe throws can become a bit predictable, are still devastating at short and mid range, respectively.

AA-rank
Booker, deBlasio, Gabbard - Good short games and a few trick throws. Booker's ability to summon reserves from the block useful at mid range.

A-rank
The rest

Training bots
Ryan, Beto, Delaney

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Deblasio and Warren were the clear winners in terms of throwing red meat to the average democratic voter.

I also found it interesting all the males except tim ryan and delaney were trying to channel obama and failing miserably

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MSNBC panel did NOT like de Blasio.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Deblasio and Warren were the clear winners in terms of throwing red meat to the average democratic voter.

I also found it interesting all the males except tim ryan and delaney were trying to channel obama and failing miserably

de Blasio was trying to channel Bernie.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
for a debate frontloaded with more "serious" candidates this was an utter joke

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The opinion in my watch party was that Warren, Castro, and de Blasio (inexplicably???) did the best. There were a handful who liked Beto or Gabbard, though I hate to admit that (especially for the latter).

Inslee was a disappointment in his failure to more enthusiastically draw climate change into questions.

Not sure why the others were on stage. Didn’t follow on Twitter or in the thread so idk what the narrative is.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

STAC Goat posted:

MSNBC panel did NOT like de Blasio.

Nobody does. He has a force field of hateability around him.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

1. Warren did a fantastic job tonight and put herself in front of the pack with charm and solid plans.

2. Booker with a strong showing with stage presence and a solid biography. Dude put himself on lots of lists for VP tonight.

3. Castro absolutely owned the immigration discussion and earned a cabinet spot. I could see him getting a needed cash boost to carry him to South Carolina.

4. DiBlasio started strong and faded a bit, but he was smart to at least feign being the second most liberal person on the stage.

(Insert a bunch of no names that I’ve already forgotten)

9. Beto poo poo the rug and looked like a nervous kid. He didn’t earn a single vote tonight and dimmed his own star.

10. Delaney just looked like an rear end in a top hat and his only contribution to this campaign season will be a pretty funny SNL opening character.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1144036303241134082

:thunk:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
nine washington generals face off against warren who is the only motherfucker who can follow the "one word response" rule with a hyphenate.

a clown show presided over by jokers who make north korean news announcers look like carl bernstein. which is unfair to north korea, since DPRK has a frankly unimpeachable standard of production value that was not observed in tonight's failchild exhibition.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

give me the JO cone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Grapplejack posted:

give me the JO cone

I wonder if they sell crystals?