Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

my debate grades:

Warren: A- nailed almost every question she was given, only downside to the debate was that they stopped asking her questions

Booker: B- those eyes will haunt me

Castro: B- had one niche but hit it hard

deBlasio: B- had some decent answers and some weak ones

Inslee: C+ like Castro he had one niche but didn't hit it as hard

Gabbard: C I really have nothing to say about her but she murdered Tim Ryan so that gets her some marks

Klobuchar: C- I don't actually remember any of her answers

Tim Ryan: D- got murdered by Gabbard

Beto: F- see me after class

Delaney: G for "Would have rather had the rotting husk of Gravel for entertainment purposes," also the only grade lower than an F
This sounds about right. I’d maybe flip Castro and Inslee but that’s about it.

Unfortunately I can’t watch tomorrow’s live but that’ll be way more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Grapplejack posted:

give me the JO cone

man if it's really that blue i can only imagine what he ate

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

STAC Goat posted:

MSNBC panel did NOT like de Blasio.

They probably all actually live in New York

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So, uh, what's so terrible about de Blasio?

I can imagine there's something terrible. Booker seemed great, but that's because his Wall Street ties didn't get any light. What's de Blasio's dark secret?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I agree though, Warren definitely looked the best out of a gaggle of 1% polling clowns put up there specifically to make her look good and reasonable outside of Castro who is basically auditioning for a cabinet position and Gabbard who was visibly restraining herself from saying the words "service guarantees citizenship" in that precise order.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

I thought the sign said "Obama's favorite tool," which seems like a pretty good descriptor to me.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Willie Tomg posted:

I agree though, Warren definitely looked the best out of a gaggle of 1% polling clowns put up there specifically to make her look good and reasonable outside of Castro who is basically auditioning for a cabinet position and Gabbard who was visibly restraining herself from saying the words "service guarantees citizenship" in that precise order.

booker did good, and inslee said compelling things about climate change so we gotta give him some credit

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Eiba posted:

I can imagine there's something terrible. Booker seemed great, but that's because his Wall Street ties didn't get any light. What's de Blasio's dark secret?

eats pizza with fork

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

Eiba posted:

This whole mental health boondoggle is a concrete thing that might be pinned directly on DeBlasio, information still pending.

Otherwise, he's in a bad situation (the bill on NYC's decades of underfunded infrastructure are coming due, most notably public housing and the subway) but is not doing an excellent job of addressing anything.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Paracaidas posted:

Early rumblings suggest Castro's team is angling to be the punditry's poster child for "Exceeded expectations, but will it be enough to secure a spot in the next debate?"
Oh hey
https://twitter.com/tparti/status/1144082885248503808

(the thread also mentions that Joaquin is denying the Beto hit was premeditated or tied in any way to Texan political drama. Joaquin is lying.)

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

booker did good, and inslee said compelling things about climate change so we gotta give him some credit

booker barely passed the turing test and did not articulate a signgle actual idea and inslee was visibly checked back into his predetermined lane by maddow in what i sincerely hope is the most awkward moment of these embarrassingly comprehensive cases for a second trump term but probably will not be because tomorrow...

...is Biden Night.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Eiba posted:

he’s mayor of New York and, as most media is based out of the city, there are some v local issues (mainly transportation related) that they hate him for

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/eloise_97/status/1144075939388809222

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Eiba posted:

Bill de Blasio's favorite element in the whole wide world is lead, so much so that he covered up how much of his precious lead was suffused within New York City!

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Grades:

S-rank
Warren - Can tec out of combos pretty well. Has a great super and overall good command of field at any range. Closes quickly. Can glitch through most defences, although struggles against M-Bernie.

AAA-rank
Castro, Inslee - Although Inslee's Climate Change and Climate Catastrophe throws can become a bit predictable, are still devastating at short and mid range, respectively.

AA-rank
Booker, deBlasio, Gabbard - Good short games and a few trick throws. Booker's ability to summon reserves from the block useful at mid range.

A-rank
The rest

Training bots
Ryan, Beto, Delaney

Which one was the low tier but gets play because the combos are fun.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eiba posted:

he sucks poo poo as an actual, ya know, leader. He's great at making dumb speeches and doing totally not racist jokes because his black family gives him a hood pass apparently but when it comes to, say, making the subways not Mad Max But Underground or like, acknowledging the lead in water problem at all, he's, how you say, a big stupid piece of poo poo.

Also he's stealing Italian valor, he's fuckin German.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Paracaidas posted:

Oh hey
https://twitter.com/tparti/status/1144082885248503808

(the thread also mentions that Joaquin is denying the Beto hit was premeditated or tied in any way to Texan political drama. Joaquin is lying.)

not surprised after this, he'll probably limp along in the MOM role of 'never ACTUALLY in the running but enough of a presence to be around until we're a good few primaries in'

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

:lol:
Drudge Report: the news pulse of the Democratic party

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
at the end, participants were asked to state the greatest threat to the USA in one. single. word.

only one person running for president actually complied with this request:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1144056731653169152

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

sexpig by night posted:

he sucks poo poo as an actual, ya know, leader. He's great at making dumb speeches and doing totally not racist jokes because his black family gives him a hood pass apparently but when it comes to, say, making the subways not Mad Max But Underground or like, acknowledging the lead in water problem at all, he's, how you say, a big stupid piece of poo poo.

Also he's stealing Italian valor, he's fuckin German.

Yeah he is just a crummy guy at actually doing anything. He has some ok politics and opinions but is very ineffective and an overall huge disappointment. He also seems to get into really bitter personal rivalries with anyone who has to work with him.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

pretty sure no mayor of new york city has ever gone on to higher office and de blasio isn't the one to break that curse

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I will say this, I'm glad the kiddie table got the 'candidates can actually attack each other, it's ok to not like your opponent' toothpaste out of the tube for the big kid debate tomorrow. I hope Bernie starts throwing some elbows, he was way too passive last election but now he's got people like Grey on his team so I hope they're telling him 'no you should be trying to knock these guys out'.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

gohmak posted:

Which one was the low tier but gets play because the combos are fun.

Gabbard has a unique collection of contradictory moves that make her fun to play and utterly unpredictable. She can cancel out of almost anything, moving effortlessly from "Middle East Daisycutter" to "Peace and Love Dove" with only a single frame in-between.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Whale Vomit posted:

:lol:
Drudge Report: the news pulse of the Democratic party

victory to the true faith

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I will say this, I'm glad the kiddie table got the 'candidates can actually attack each other, it's ok to not like your opponent' toothpaste out of the tube for the big kid debate tomorrow. I hope Bernie starts throwing some elbows, he was way too passive last election but now he's got people like Grey on his team so I hope they're telling him 'no you should be trying to knock these guys out'.

At this rate its not like the democratic party will exist by 2024 to bother him for not laying down and showing his belly like they want him to.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I need a gif of Inslee's horrifying smile

Also, just googled image Inslee Smile and he always does that far to much teeth grin

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

sexpig by night posted:

not surprised after this, he'll probably limp along in the MOM role of 'never ACTUALLY in the running but enough of a presence to be around until we're a good few primaries in'
In my dreamworld Obamaworld starts coming out for Castro rather than sitting on the sideline and letting Biden soak up the benefits of Obama's legacy with Dem primary voters.

Not that I think Castro's particularly great, but he clears the "isn't loving Joe Biden" hurdle with ease.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Tibalt posted:

So does this hurt Warren? Or the fact that she didn't really get a chance to talk going to end up mostly helping her when it comes to the Expectations Game?

I think tonight pretty much went according to plan. When asked questions she answered strong and had a pretty decent performance overall. She was the only one on that stage with a real chance, so she didn't need to elbow her way into conversations.

There will be many debates to come, and several of them will be with Warren/Biden/Bernie on stage. No need to be aggressive right now.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

help

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

World Famous W posted:

Also, just googled image Inslee Smile and he always does that far to much teeth grin

You are mistaken.

Rather it is that mercifully the Teeth generally elect to hide in the Skin.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Paracaidas posted:

In my dreamworld Obamaworld starts coming out for Castro rather than sitting on the sideline and letting Biden soak up the benefits of Obama's legacy with Dem primary voters.

Not that I think Castro's particularly great, but he clears the "isn't loving Joe Biden" hurdle with ease.

that'd be such a hilarious big dick move I'd vote for the useless tool anyway

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

World Famous W posted:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:oklahoma:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I didn't watch the debate but parents did. They're very archetypal Boomer-gen Clintonian democrats (my mom even considers herself a Reaganite republican, although her actual political beliefs are far more leftist) who I've been steadily arguing more to the left as they've come to despise Trump and its made them more open to well framed leftist arguments. They're the kind of democrats who swallow whole the myth of McCain as the last of the principled centrist Rs but also louldy shout that Cop Who Shot Black Child is obviously a racist and should be in prison. I think they're a pretty good benchmark for swayable "purple" voters.

They came away from the debate with the following: 1) Warren crushed it and they're finally starting to see in her the qualities I've been praising. They no longer doubt that she has what it takes to beat Trump if she wins the nomination, which they did before. 2) They really liked Gabbard. They think she has fire and loved her drumbeating her military record. 3) They like Booker but don't think he has the stuff for the White House. They want him to keep his Senate seat and just drop out now. 4) They don't like Castro because he was pandering too hard to Hispanic voters, to the point that they felt excluded. They're sure he's doing great in Texas, but aren't interested in him as President. 5) They think Beto made a complete fool of himself and think he needs to be out as soon as possible.

Everyone else was characterized as "a loser."

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
speaking of inslee

The foundations of social and biological life are washing away in the tide, and a vote for liberalism is a vote for death. This is the reasonable, compromise position.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

BGrifter posted:

I think tonight pretty much went according to plan. When asked questions she answered strong and had a pretty decent performance overall. She was the only one on that stage with a real chance, so she didn't need to elbow her way into conversations.

There will be many debates to come, and several of them will be with Warren/Biden/Bernie on stage. No need to be aggressive right now.

I really just want to watch a one on one Warren / Bernie debate

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Booker's post game debrief was good. "I'd be happy with Biden as my VP" oh and yes gun registration is Constitutional." Which I fully agree with. A ban would require a Constitutional amendment and good loving luck enforcing that in a country with more guns than people*.

*it'll be a lot easier to seize them if there is a database of where they are.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Willie Tomg posted:

speaking of inslee

The foundations of social and biological life are washing away in the tide, and a vote for liberalism is a vote for death. This is the reasonable, compromise position.

fact checkers are all assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Should have had CUM PASS on the cone.