Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

... Grant Morrison has been ... tripping balls on acid or shrooms and jacking off ... and has had some really really strange poo poo happen to him as a result of it...

well, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Didn't him and Alan Moore get into some kind of wizard battle?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Oh you better believe baldy and beardo went at it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm not going to ban people who believe in magic but I think we as a group should all agree to roundly mock them

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i don't think that typically ends with nearly dying of a random infection because you wrote about your self-insert getting shot and nearly dying

like, the poo poo that happened to Morrison is loving freaky if you don't take it as the work of a master bullshitter

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not going to ban people who believe in magic but I think we as a group should all agree to roundly mock them

this too is a form of magic

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmao at this muggle.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

purple death ray posted:

Magic is just as real as any other faith, they all exist to the extent that people believe they exist. Keeping up with comic book wizard chat, I'm pretty fond of Alan Moores take on the subject, which I can't find the exact text of right now, but the gist of it is that he wrote a line in From Hell, "The only place that the gods inarguably exist is inside the human mind" and as he wrote it he realized that it was actually true. I agree mostly, these things have power because people believe they do, and they give them power with their own thoughts and beliefs. Like the Devil isn't real but people to this day go through huge amounts of effort behaving like there's actually a red evil dude in the center of the earth. Humans create their gods and devils and breathe life into them until they might as well be real because they are affecting everyone's lives. All magic is, is recognizing that and finding ways to use it to your advantage.

I believe in people, and the power of the human mind, and hope that someday we can collectively realize our power and truly change our world for the better

E: I also smoke a lot of weed

Hey maybe if we all stop believing in climate change it will go away? My relatives are doing their part. :patriot:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Dameius posted:

It is only as racist as the speaker.

this is never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever the case. Ever. there is always a component of social conditioning and heirarchy at play. for example, a king and a queen on a swing set. what are you doing at the playground your eminences surely you are needed at court. the Danes have us surrounded.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

more like oldpostless

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

more like oldpostless

edit: gently caress

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Moore's an old-school wizard with grimoires and poo poo, he thinks chaos magick is fakek and for losersk. He also has a magic cave in which he smokes more weed. However much you're imagining, it's more than that.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Moore also looks like a wizard.

I wish I had a weed cave.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Iirc Moore completely ignores Morrison at all times. Also he worships a fictional Roman god. As in one the Romans acknowledged making up for a story.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ah, but does Moore ignore Morrison, or did Morrison succeed in cloaking himself from Moore by spell so he could operate more freely?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I wish I had a magic cave to smoke weed in. Gotta get me a house in the sticks and dig one myself.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Iirc Moore completely ignores Morrison at all times. Also he worships a fictional Roman god. As in one the Romans acknowledged making up for a story.
The wizard battle narrative is way too good to be false, even if it's not true.

Also, Glycon is a hoax literal glove puppet roman snake god.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As opposed to the gods noone admits to making up?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Outrail posted:

As opposed to the gods noone admits to making up?

Yes, that is the point, congratulations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

this is never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever the case. Ever. there is always a component of social conditioning and heirarchy at play. for example, a king and a queen on a swing set. what are you doing at the playground your eminences surely you are needed at court. the Danes have us surrounded.

We don't need to derail further, but since you chose to respond, a context: my not racist eighth grade science teacher who grew up on a cotton farm, helping her parents pick cotton her whole formative life. She says, now wait a cotton-picken minute.

Since I am not going to choose to die on the hill of, "well ackshully its not racist when..." in a discussion on the internet, I'll leave it at race and power dynamics are a nuanced subject and the history of racism and reconciliation in the South as it applies to language goes a lot deeper than some black and white (pun only kind of intended) reading of any phrase.

P.S. kill whitey, they probably deserve it.

Edit: everything above excludes language and phrases and sterotypes that are born off of specifically singling out groups and/or plays off of existisng racist tropes and/or riff off of clearly established already racist phrases.

Dameius has a new favorite as of 12:37 on Jun 27, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Not to derail further, fart.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Not to derail further, fart.

:same:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Iirc Moore completely ignores Morrison at all times.

Moore like old mage less

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Chichevache posted:

Lmao at this muggle.

The only thing worse than people who believe in magic is people who speak in Harry Potter.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The only thing worse than people who believe in magic is people who speak in Harry Potter.

In which part of him

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

freeedr posted:

In which part of him

The sorting hat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Context is for the weak.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

This isn't true, your mom just saw a jpeg on Facebook and uncritically parroted it without questioning it or researching it further. Your mom is basically operating on the same level of cognition as an anti-vaxxers, I'm sorry.

Your mom

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i don't think that typically ends with nearly dying of a random infection because you wrote about your self-insert getting shot and nearly dying

like, the poo poo that happened to Morrison is loving freaky if you don't take it as the work of a master bullshitter

Like, say, a professional author of fiction

e: content

The Taint Reaper posted:

I went dumpster diving behind an abortion clinic.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Did you find any of your posts

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 18:23 on Jun 27, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

barbecue at the folks posted:

I wish I had a magic cave to smoke weed in. Gotta get me a house in the sticks and dig one myself.

......you mean, like a basement?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The thread this was in makes it funnier IMO

Psycho Society posted:

interactive buddy but you only use the grenades and flamethrower

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

......you mean, like a basement?

I was thinking something more along the lines of this

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Actual footage of Alan Moore.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

His beard has cast invisibility on itself.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm of the opinion that magic is no more ridiculous a belief than any other belief system but I also smoke a lot of weed and sometimes it makes me think I'm communicating with my boyfriend with my thoughts soooo there's that
:goshawk:

Checks out.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i don't think lot is married to all large masses of salt. i'm not sure that's how it's supposed to work

Last night I heard a noise in my kitchen and when I turned on the light there he was, balls deep in the can of Morton salt I just bought yesterday and would you know the guy looks up at me all offended and says “uh, do you mind???”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

immortalyawn posted:

*In the style of an MC5 song*

RELATE TO THE BEAMS MOTHERFUCKER!!

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/186123937724383232

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

I;m thinking about thos beams