Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

I dunno what you're quoting but it drat sure isn't the article you posted is what I'm saying.

quote:

Peruskoulun ysiluokkalaisille järjestetyn Taloustaitokilpailun voitti tänä vuonna Rovaniemeläinen Iida Saraniemi. Tuleva lukiolainen puhuu säästäväisyyden puolesta ja haaveilee toisesta villakoirasta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Catpain Slack posted:

I dunno what you're quoting but it drat sure isn't the article you posted is what I'm saying.

Well do you know who else liked dogs?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Cerebral Bore posted:

lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ligur?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Catpain Slack posted:

Yes I know and I editeded it later.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Those Finnish ISIS families stuck in Syria is still a thing. What the hell is taking them so long? Seems like people would rather see them rot in Syria, especially the right-wing types, but that's the coward's option. Finland is legally bound to help their citizens. Just bring them home to face justice. Stop messing around like a bunch of spineless managers.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

jos ostan sulle lentolipun niin lupaatko itse mennä hakemaan ne oikeuden ja isäm maan puolesta?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Jos olisin virkamies niin en kyllä itekään kiirehtisi tuota asiaa. Ehkä joku listii ne siellä pois päiväjärjestyksestä. Kaikki voittaa.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Those Finnish ISIS families stuck in Syria is still a thing. What the hell is taking them so long? Seems like people would rather see them rot in Syria, especially the right-wing types, but that's the coward's option. Finland is legally bound to help their citizens. Just bring them home to face justice. Stop messing around like a bunch of spineless managers.

What justice, exactly?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Criminal justice, presumably.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Siivola posted:

Criminal justice, presumably.

Religion isn't a crime

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Religion isn't a crime

Sad, really.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Rappaport posted:

Religion isn't a crime
Surely they must've done something during their time in ISIS, else why would all these goons wish they hosed off permanently? :downs:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Siivola posted:

Surely they must've done something during their time in ISIS, else why would all these goons wish they hosed off permanently? :downs:

Yeah but you need at least a suspicion of a specific crime before you can even start investigating, never mind prosecuting.

Unless the syyllinen looks like a greenored or remotely foreign but even then you're only allowed to beat them up and throw them in jail for a night.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Well if you can't pin a crime on them, no reason not to bring them home.

To be honest I completely forgot there needs to be a specific crime to open an investigation into. I've been watching too much Netflix lately, I can't remember how the real world works.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

It's wild that the mighty suojelupoliisi and all right-wing politicians think that a dozen people with small children are an uncontrollable and unacceptable threat to Finnish security and peace

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ah, but have you considered that they are brown people with muslim terrorist superpowers?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sulphagnist posted:

It's wild that the mighty suojelupoliisi and all right-wing politicians think that a dozen people with small children are an uncontrollable and unacceptable threat to Finnish security and peace

Well, they are literally uncontrollable.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah but you need at least a suspicion of a specific crime before you can even start investigating, never mind prosecuting.

Unless the syyllinen looks like a greenored or remotely foreign but even then you're only allowed to beat them up and throw them in jail for a night.

How about this: Aiding and abetting terrorism. That's actually a criminal offense in Finland nowadays.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

You'd have to prove they did it after it was made illegal.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

If people get to problematic situations they have to solve them by themselves. I think Finnish consulates borrow money in extreme cases, but otherwise people are supposed to deal with it by themselves when abroad. So if they want to get back to Finland.. well it's their job to arrange and make the trip.

Can't do? Well too bad. No one forces people to leave Finland.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 27, 2019

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Ihmemies posted:

If people get to problematic situations they have to solve them by themselves. I think Finnish consulates borrow money in extreme cases, but otherwise people are supposed to deal with their problems by themselves when abroad. So if they want to get back to Finland.. well it's their problem to arrange and make the trip.

Can't do? Well too bad. No one forces people to leave Finland.

That's weak neutral posturing. This might work for some random jackass, but we're talking mothers and children here. The mothers weren't forced to fly to Syria, but the children sure were. At the very least we should get those kids out of there.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

That's weak neutral posturing. This might work for some random jackass, but we're talking mothers and children here. The mothers weren't forced to fly to Syria, but the children sure were. At the very least we should get those kids out of there.

No law, custom or obligation exists for that. If people need help abroad, help is given abroad in the country where people live or are visiting.

Should we change laws just for these people? If yes, why?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Ihmemies posted:

No law, custom or obligation exists for that. If people need help abroad, help is given abroad in the country where people live or are visiting.

Should we change laws just for these people? If yes, why?

Bullshit. We've signed UNICEF's convention on the rights of children. We have an obligation.

Convention on the rights of children posted:

§1.3.1 In all actions concerning children, whether undertaken by public or private social welfare institutions, courts of law, administrative authorities or legislative bodies, the best interests of the child shall be a primary consideration.
The best interest for those children is get them out of that war zone.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 27, 2019

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Some degree of re-education and therapy is needed for the children when they are brought here. You can't remove the fact that ISIS has indoctrinated children into their wacky worldview which, if left unattended, could cause unnecessary social issues for the kids.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Also I'm pretty sure there's exactly zero possibility to legally separate them from their parents without bringing both back.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Siivola posted:

You'd have to prove they did it after it was made illegal.

Well, we've had some retro-active legislation crafted before, too, so... :banjo:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Adaptabullshit posted:

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Some degree of re-education and therapy is needed for the children when they are brought here. You can't remove the fact that ISIS has indoctrinated children into their wacky worldview which, if left unattended, could cause unnecessary social issues for the kids.

To me this sounds like an even more pressing reason to get the kids here.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Though considering the state of some of our nation's group homes, huostaanotto might end up being a sidegrade. Less getting killed, more solitary confinement. But that just means we need to bring them to safety and fix our systems.

In other news Aarnio's conviction got upheld. Too bad almost every other cop got off. Higher ups with "incompetence is not a crime", underlings with "just following orders".

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I'm laughing my rear end out over the notion that the drug police chief/kingpin who smuggled and distributed nearly a ton of hassinen and tried to hinder investigations, who also was sentenced for a separate corruption case, only has to serve half of the time because he is a first timer :angel:

Cops who misuse their position should never be shown leniency because they are fully aware of what they are doing and what the consequence is. Now Aarnio just has to spend three years writing bestseller books until he can go and dig up his money stashes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I'm laughing my rear end out over the notion that the drug police chief/kingpin who smuggled and distributed nearly a ton of hassinen and tried to hinder investigations, who also was sentenced for a separate corruption case, only has to serve half of the time because he is a first timer :angel:

Cops who misuse their position should never be shown leniency because they are fully aware of what they are doing and what the consequence is. Now Aarnio just has to spend three years writing bestseller books until he can go and dig up his money stashes.

Plus the pay-outs from literally the entire upper echelon of Finnish police, who he is the fall-guy for.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
#thinwhiteline

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Even the hallitus said finally that the republic won't rescue Syrian isis wives/children from the refugee camp. If the most leftist, feminist carebear hallitus won't do that, seems they refugees are on their own then :/

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Won't someone think of the people committing genocide

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

Won't someone think of the people committing genocide

I think about the Chinese all the time.

e: Well, Lotus House, anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Ihmemies posted:

Even the hallitus said finally that the republic won't rescue Syrian isis wives/children from the refugee camp. If the most leftist, feminist carebear hallitus won't do that, seems they refugees are on their own then :/

loving Rinne flip-flopping again. Is he throwing human rights in the bin for the sake of polls or something?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think about the Chinese all the time.

e: Well, Lotus House, anyway.

I'm unironically looking forward to the day kebab grill stands start offering good 羊肉串 instead of lovely iskenders

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'm not really understanding why we should force return people to Finland who don't want to come back? He said that if anyone wants to return they can contact the consulate, and can then return. I mean maybe the children situation is a bit wobbly, but they're with their parents, and assuming taking them away from them to Finland is better seems a wee fashy to me honestly.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nurge posted:

I'm not really understanding why we should force return people to Finland who don't want to come back? He said that if anyone wants to return they can contact the consulate, and can then return. I mean maybe the children situation is a bit wobbly, but they're with their parents, and assuming taking them away from them to Finland is better seems a wee fashy to me honestly.

Some of them do, because they are now in refugee camps or bombed out hellholes instead of their beautiful Islamic paradise and even a Finnish jail seems like a better option.

Let the Iraqis try them and fly the kids home after they get some of that Mid-East justice they craved. It's not like the damage was done to Finland in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nurge posted:

#thinwhiteline

#poliisinvanhatuttu