Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
He's looking for a DATE

AITA for giving my concert ticket to another girl after my friend said she only wanted to go with me as "friends"?
I am 24M and I have a friend who is 21, she is really nice and we've known each other for a year. She is my sister's acquaintance and we met at my sister's birthday party. I have a crush on her although she isn't exactly my type. Lately I feel like I've been getting vibes that she likes me back.

Last week I won a raffle and have 2 tickets to see a famous singer perform next month in a nearby city. She also happens to like this singer so I asked her if she wanted to go with me as a date. I said I can book us a hotel room and we can spend the night together. She said she'd love to go, but only as friends. She says she's alright with us splitting a hotel room as long as it has two beds. She told me she doesn't feel ready to date anyone at the moment, and she doesn't do flings either, so unfortunately we can only be platonic friends. I said I'll think about it. I was quite hurt because honestly I don't have much experience with rejection, and I was annoyed that she turned me down.

Today, i asked my female coworker to go with me to the concert as a date. She immediately said yes and seemed quite excited about it although she admitted that she never listened to any of their songs. Still, I'm taking her out for drinks on Friday. But just now, the friend who I asked originally asked if we were still on for the concert. I told her honestly that I already asked another woman, and she seemed disappointed but dropped the subject.

When I told my sister about what happened, she said I'm being really douchy. She says her friend is a huge fan of the singer and I should take her instead of my coworker who doesn't even like the band but only wants to go because she likes me. I said she can't understand because she's not a dude. Because let's me honest, if I had the choice between going out with a girl who only wants to be my "friend" versus a girl who is super into me and wants to take things to the next level, then obviously I'm taking the second one. AITA for just being honest about what I want?

EDIT: Because a lot of the hang up is over the hotel room thing: YES I would have been fine if the first girl agreed to go with me as a date, but wanted separate hotel beds/rooms. Nowhere do I even say that we have to share a bed...

But the part where she says she’s not ready to date anyone essentially means she is not interested in me. She likely said she’ll go with me as friends just to be nice and not hurt my feelings. So why would I make the experience awkward for the both of us when I could bring along someone who actually is interested in dating me? EDIT OVER

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 27, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for wanting my slashed tire paid for 11 years after it happened?

quote:

Shortly after I graduated high school in 2007, I moved into an apartment complex that I lived in for about a year and a half with a roommate. In the summer of 2008, one of my car’s tires was slashed, and I never found out who did it. I had to spend $200 to get it fixed, and the whole thing really bothered me.

Flash forward to 2019. I found out just recently, through a friend I made in the apartment complex and have stayed in touch with since, that one of his friends who lived there remembered seeing a woman who lived in the complex named Emma slash my tire. Why he didn’t speak out about this earlier, I’m not sure; maybe he feared Emma targeting him. I remember Emma’s face somewhat, but never spoke to her myself and had no idea why she’d want to slash my tire.

I asked for Emma’s last name from my friend, and got it. I plugged her name into Facebook and found her profile. I shot her a message telling her that I just found out it was her who slashed my tire in 2008, and that I need her to refund me $200. She responded apologizing to me; she said she slashed the tire during a drunken rage against her boyfriend, who lived with her at the time and drove a similar-looking car to mine, causing her to mistake my car for his and slash my tire instead. She insisted she’s cut back on the drinking and tried to control her anger since then.

Emma told me, however, that she won’t be able to give me the money. She says she is now a single mother of three children, struggling financially, and that giving up that much money would be very hard on the family. “I’m sorry it happened, but it was over 10 years ago and I don’t have the money.” She said. “My apology will have to do.”

I don’t absolutely need the money. I make over $60,000 a year, and am single and childless. But extra money is always nice! I’m the kind of guy who gets childishly gleeful whenever I find a penny on the ground, so imagine how great it would be for me to get a bonus $200. $200 could easily cover the cost of a few nice dates out, a concert ticket, or a couple week’s grocery bill.

I responded to Emma telling her now that I have a screenshot of her confessing to slashing my tire, I will forward it to the police and press charges if she doesn’t give me my money. That was kind of an empty threat; I don’t think the cops will charge someone for a slashed tire after 11 years; but from looking at Emma’s Facebook page I don’t get the sense she’s the brightest bulb and that she’d probably fall for it.

After some arguing back and forth, she caved in and asked for my PO box so she could send a check; she told me it’ll be a few days since she’ll have to do some scrimping/borrowing from family to get it. My check should be on the way soon. AITA for expecting to be reimbursed for my slashed tire?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

drat the plastic surgeon in that is so irresponsible. Its impossible to know if perhaps my patient suffers from body dysmorphia or why they want the surgery I say as I perform a fifth operation on the same jaw implant.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Saros posted:

drat the plastic surgeon in that is so irresponsible. Its impossible to know if perhaps my patient suffers from body dysmorphia or why they want the surgery I say as I perform a fifth operation on the same jaw implant.

Cosmetic surgery in general is a morally bankrupt field.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pinecone Sample posted:

Am I allowed to post this

:females: hate me [20M] Please help.

quote:

My life is abject misery.

To just come right out with it, I'm 20 and still a virgin. I also have never been on a date, had anyone interested in me or attracted to me, or had even my first kiss. Yes I'm very much aware of how pathetic this is. Believe me it is not for lack of trying. But I'm cursed with having no social skills naturally, so I've had to learn them from research and youtube videos.

The problem is that :females: can smell it from miles away. They know I'm faking. They know I'm secretly a socially disabled loser even when I'm behaving according to the social norms I've taken care to learn. There is no way to fool them. It's like they come with a built in freak-detecting radar that automatically repels them from any guy who's not either suave and cocky, or impossibly good-looking. So I'm poo poo out of luck because I'm short with a thin lanky build (I do work out to try to gain muscle), and my facial features I used to think were average and didn't care, but now I realize they're just downright ugly (negative canthal tilt and retruded maxilla being the most obvious). On my occasional good days I'd be seen as a 3/10. I may as well be deformed. There's very little difference apparently.

What I've learned is that if you're a guy like me with inferior genetics, :females: will treat you as a subhuman. People act like as long as those guys have a good personality, :females: will still magically be interested. But I don't know anyone like me who's had that experience. :females: themselves claim it, my sisters and a couple :females: friends in the past said I "just need to find a girl who likes me for who I am." Those girls don't exist so far. Even those "friends" haven't talked to me in months. They don't respond to any of my messages. And yes of course I've tried dating apps. Everyone I start talking to on them just gives one-word replies, if they even deign to reply at all. A one-word reply from a :females: is a death sentence. You instantly know how worthless they've deemed you. They then quickly stop responding unless I put them on the spot, so online dating is useless for men like me. Then in real life all the :females: around me either have no idea I exist, or they sneer at me, tittering away in their little cliques about how I'm "creepy" because of my poo poo genetics as if I have any loving control over how I was born. It goes to show how the sheer sight of someone with my looks is revolting in a basic evolutionary way.

I am reviled by :females:, detested, scorned. They look at me and see a disgusting repulsive freak. I see how they snicker behind my back with disdain in their cold, dead eyes. They don't even care if I know what they think of me, that's how inferior I am, the unconcealed vitriol practically oozes from their pores. And yet then they'll give me two-faced platitudes like "aww but you're a great guy, you'll find someone, just be yourself!" If I'm so great why would I deserve this pitiful treatment? They're either lying hypocrites (but why? they don't care if I know their true feelings about me so why bother faking kindness), or it's true that looks don't matter and only character is what attracts women (so why am I a failure with women but douchey frat and football bros who look like Brad Pitt get a never-ending supply of sex from any and all chicks they want?) Even the fake plastic bimbos who’ll gently caress anything with a penis think I’M the inferior specimen here.

Or, and this could just as easily be it, I just simply don't grasp :females: psychology and never will. This cryptic way of communicating they have where they say one thing but then act a completely different way towards me makes it impossible for me to understand the workings of the :females: mind. If I can't learn their rules then how can I ever play the game right.

I want to emphasize that I am not simply giving up without trying. I really have tried to decipher whatever secret code might lie behind their erratic behavior. I have notebooks I've kept since high school wherein I've written extensively about my interactions with women. I write about almost every exchange I have no matter how seemingly mundane. When I record I make detailed notes on everything they said and did, as well as their possible motives and my interpretations. I observe :females: behavior in general too, just being out in public and objectively paying attention without being personally involved. In fact I make sure to go out almost every weekend and just sit for a while in a public area and record everything the :females: in the area are doing, especially when they're interacting with men. Afterwards I sometimes spend hours analyzing the situations. Sometimes I film too so I can rewatch it later and see how accurately my observations matched the reality. None of these studies have helped me change anything. It just goes nowhere, they remain totally inscrutable, and I'm as clueless as ever.

All of this poo poo has gone on for my entire life. There are days I can barely concentrate at school due to their continual manipulation of my mind. I don’t know how much longer I can endure the suffering they put me through. I used to think about getting myself chemically castrated to just get relief from the biological need for sexual companionship that drives me to even care what :females: think of me. But no, I refuse to give them my manhood, that’s exactly what they want.

Now since I’m a highly logical person I need to mention the caveat which is that it's possible that so far in my life, I've only encountered one particular "breed" of :females: so to speak, and there's others somewhere out there who aren't so fickle and shallow. I hope this is true. But if I never meet them, then what is the point. So in the meantime, I would appreciate any insight about why the :females: I've met throughout my life treat me the way I've described. Thanks for reading.

(And PS, since :females: lurking around here are no doubt judging me and cackling to themselves reading this, let me just set some facts straight. I know imagining me as an obese neckbeard loser just living in my mom’s basement playing video games all day makes me easier to hate, but I’m in college with a 3.7 GPA and a part time job for the past two years. I live in an apartment off campus with two roommates and contribute my share of rent and bills. I shave, shower regularly, go to the gym regularly, eat a healthy diet. There is never a day I don’t go outside. Oh and guess what: I have friends. They even invite me to parties! So much for feminist stereotypes, right?)

TL;DR :females: despise me. I've never had sex or kissed or had any type of relationship, because they instantly sense my social awkwardness and I have zero value looks-wise. I was doomed from the start. They loathe me. None of the tips I've learned on how to socialize and attract :females: ever pay off. They also act totally contradictory by saying I'm a good guy and will find someone who likes me, but then treat me as less than dirt, either ignoring me or gossiping about me. It makes no sense and I'm frustrated. Please help me figure out what this means, I can't interpret :females: behavior no matter how much I try because it's so complicated. It's like trying to understand an alien language. How do :females: even loving work? I'm sick of being nothing but a hideous pariah under the :females: gaze.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

quote:

jokes about how I can afford top quality mail-order brides or whatever now that I've got an extra digit in my bank account or cradle robbing jokes (like how the software at my company might be older than her ... ) forever? Even from my supposedly good friends and past acquaintances? What about their wives? AITA??

Yes those are top quality jokes so you have to put up with them, person dating someone 18 years your junior.

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
Me (24M) and my wife (23F) are both virgins but I wish we could change that

quote:

Our 3 year anniversary is approaching next month, and I feel really sad that we’ve never had sex. When we started dating in high school, we would make out infrequently and it made me excited to eventually have sex. Unfortunately that opportunity never came. I used to try to make little flirty comments, and compliment her on her looks, but she would always get mad at me about that so I stopped. When we were getting close to getting married I would sometimes start to touch her, kind of nudging towards more sexual touching. Never going further than her boundaries, but kinda lightly testing them, and it would always end in her yelling at me, and her not talking to me for a few hours. I mean, I guess it’s fair of her to not want to have sex, but I wish she would talk to me about it so I could understand. I’ve tried asking questions, kind of dodging around the bush, not being too direct so as to come off as judging, but they always end in fights, and I find I don’t end up learning any more about why she feels that way or anything. I’m still attracted to her, and sometimes when I see her dressed up looking really gorgeous I get really sick feeling, and have to go masturbate in secret when she leaves. Doing so usually makes me feel worse about myself and I feel disloyal for doing it. I guess I don’t really know what to do. Any advice? Thank you in advance

tl;dr Despite being married 3 years we’ve never had sexual intercourse and I don’t know how to talk to her about it, as I’m kind of scared of her

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Maybe he can get it annulled on grounds of non-consumation.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Power Khan posted:

He's looking for a DATE

AITA for giving my concert ticket to another girl after my friend said she only wanted to go with me as "friends"?

Not too bad maybe? Aside from the hotel room thing - which could generously be attributed to being clueless rather than creepy - he's at least being up front about wanting to take someone as a date. A typical reddit nice guy would have asked the first girl as friends then spent the whole time hitting on her before throwing a strop when she didn't give in.

Pinecone Sample posted:

It's the guillotine for this one.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HELP! 22F been with my S.O (24M) for nearly 3 years - he 'lies'/doesn't talk about previous sexual partners

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together nearly 3 years now. I became sexually active at 18 and have slept with 5 people including him. He became sexually active at 15 and has slept with 13 people including me. He has tried to keep the identities of all his previous partners from me because he says he doesn't think its relevant but I have always thought this was unfair as all of my previous sexual partners have come up organically through just talking about life.

When there is an opportunity for him to also organically explain or identify people he has slept with he will actively avoid it - even so far as to introduce me to his 'friends' and then for me to later find out that the female friend will be someone he has slept with. I only really know anything about his very very serious ex girlfriend of 5 years.

This of course has made me paranoid about meeting any female 'friends' of his and i instantly get insecure at the thought that he has had sex with them but doesn't want to tell me (this situation has happened 3 different times - he has always known in advance that the person has been there and not warned me and then i have found out later that he has slept with them through someone casually bringing it up or asking him after the person has been flirty or overly familiar with him and it has made me suspicious). I really am not usually an insecure person, I have even found it fun and intellectually stimulating to talk about other people's partners with my own partners before him.

We recently moved abroad together (we're very serious in our relationship, this is one of the only stumbling blocks we run into). Recently we were talking in a group with 2 of our friends (who are another couple) about one of my boyfriend's old jobs and he showed a picture of him and his colleagues. I jokingly said 'oh everyone fancied you there didn't they' to which he laughed and said no. I then asked him if he had slept with any of the girls in the photo, he laughed louder this time, seemingly insinuating that my question was ludicrous and again said no.

Today, when having what was at first a very therapeutic and productive conversation about the topic of this whole 'exes' ordeal in general, I expressed that it got to me not 'knowing' all the people he had slept with and how it made it worse that I worried I had met all of them etc - he knows everyone I have slept with or at least knows of them, the duration we were together and to what extent i was 'with' them. He offhand listed someone he had slept with them as a girl from the job we had been talking about with our friends a week or so ago(?) I was upset and asked why he had lied to me because I knew that very recently I had explicitly asked this question. He denied the fact that it came up recently at first BUT then seemed to remember and said 'well she wasn't in that photo so' - i immediately was hurt and said 'oh good for you, very clever'

He knows full well that I DO NOT stand for the 'just because you didn't tell the TRUTH doesn't mean you have LIED' argument. I think it's really devious and nasty, and in a way selfish/tactical/self-preserving.

This is not the first time we've had an argument about this 'i didn't tell you the truth because it was awkward but now you can't actually say i lied to you' concept - (i think this was a petty tactic he used a lot with his very immature ex - he has hinted this) he has apologised and insisted he has changed since the beginning HOWEVER finding out he did it AGAIN after we have moved to another country together/VERY RECENTLY has really got to me.

I have gone to work in another room (we both work from home) and am spending some time away from him to calm down but I am still feeling very mixed up. Literally any advice or words would be of comfort. Trying really hard not to get into my old ways of a self harm spiral. I get into a headspace of 'I must do something to deserve to be disrespected like this' and then start thinking that i will deliberately starve myself or even cut myself for some relief/control.

EDIT: I know that people's opinion can be that since it happened before me it shouldn't be any of my concern - to reiterate didn't have a boyfriend until i was EIGHTEEN, the concept of sleeping with people you can't even remember the names of is alien to me which is why I'm interested to know how/what/who - it is starkly different to my own experience

TLDR: My boyfriend used to use the loophole of 'i didn't tell the truth but i also didn't lie' to get out of explaining any of his previous sexual partners to me. I thought he had grown out of it but today I found out he slipped up and did this 'accidental' lying again since we have moved abroad together and it's left me feeling frustrated and wanting to self harm.

I feel bad for this dude. If she's considering self-harming over this, what else is she freaking out over?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

welcome to hell posted:

Me (24M) and my wife (23F) are both virgins but I wish we could change that

This is really really sad.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Did anyone ever tell that incel that it was his personality that’s garbage and needs to change? They all seem so willing to change their behavior to ensorcel the females but never even think to change their thoughts.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I [29M] Caught My Wife [27F] Letting Our Male Neighbor Rub Lotion On Her Pregnant Stomach

quote:

This literally happened this morning. I'm posting it here and hoping to vent and maybe get some perspective because I've been extremely upset all day and can't process this productively. My wife is 8 months pregnant with our child. We live next to another married couple who're in their late 30's. I don't like the guy. I've found him to be invasive and the weird type of friendly that almost seems to be prying and clingy. I'm not sure if that's clouding my judgement here or if this validated my beliefs about him.

I left for work, decided on the way there I just wasn't feeling it and called off. I stopped for breakfast before heading home to surprise my wife. 40 mins tops. I get home, enter from the back door and here's my wife and my neighbor sitting in our living room on the couch. She's turned toward him, fully clothed but with her shirt pulled up over her very pregnant stomach while he, facing her, is rubbing lotion on her stomach with both hands.

They both froze, before my wife asked how come I was back and then said "(his name) stopped by to borrow the toolbox while I was moisturizing, and wanted to know if he could feel the baby so I said ok." I told him to get out before I put him out, and he left immediately.

I tried to stay calm and talk to her and get the whole story. Neighbor's wife is apparently infertile (first I heard of it which is amazing considering the guy never shuts up about his personal woes) and he wanted to feel the baby. That's her story and she's sticking to it. That's not good enough for me. My thought process is there's a big loving difference between feeling a baby for 10 seconds and coming into our home and rubbing lotion on my wife's stomach. If it was some close friend of ours I might understand, but I dislike the guy and my wife has never expressed any sort of closeness to him either aside from passing pleasantries, and she's not the type to let anyone she isn't close to put their hands on her. So in the span on a day the guy goes from being a distant acquaintance of hers at best to her deciding to invite him in and let him rub her? I also find it convenient that he showed up that early, right after I went to work, very shortly after his own wife also left for work. And he's never came over asking to borrow anything of mine before, yet 9:30ish in the morning and he urgently needs a toolbox?

I don't believe my wife. This is the first time my trust in her hasn't been strong enough. I don't believe her story because it makes no sense. When I told her I'd be mentioning this to his wife, she was adamant I don't, as not to "make more of it than it is". If it was innocent, what more is there to make? And even if nothing more is going on, I'm not ok with what I seen. I'm not ok with him rubbing my unborn child in my home without me there. I know it's her body and her choice, but I'm not ok with this. It'd be one thing to feel the baby kick, but he was sitting reclined, comfortably on our sofa, rubbing lotion on her with both leaned in to their private conversation.

I'm trying really hard to figure out how to express the fact I don't believe her story without causing stress that'd be dangerous for her or our baby. I don't want to pick a fight with her at this stage of her pregnancy, but at the same time my mind is spinning and I'm not cool with what happened. Any advice would be appreciated.

TL;DR Caught neighbor rubbing wife's belly with lotion. Circumstances make me think something is up, and I'm not happy.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Pinecone Sample posted:

I [29M] Caught My Wife [27F] Letting Our Male Neighbor Rub Lotion On Her Pregnant Stomach

Wait, so the husband comes home and barges in on his wife and the father finally enjoying some prenatal bonding time and we're supposed to think the husband isn't the rear end in a top hat here?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Power Khan posted:

He's looking for a DATE

Yeah uh I don't actually see the issue here, the guy was up front about it being a date and took being rejected without much trouble before moving on to ask someone else

Pinecone Sample posted:

C'mon, let the guy feel his own daughter kick

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

C'mon, let the guy feel his own daughter kick

Lmao

quote:

I don’t absolutely need the money. I make over $60,000 a year, and am single and childless. But extra money is always nice!

:rolleyes:

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
My boyfriend's body count is making me feel like I'm not special..... (F20) (M47)

quote:

I might be totally unjustified in how I feel. I just don't know how to deal with this. He knew my body count (2, and one out of the 2 is my boyfriend) so I wanted to ask about his. He said it's somewhere around 50-70. I don't judge him. But I feel insecure now. Like maybe I'm not special at all to him, maybe I'm just a stop along the way. I haven't had "actual" sex with him yet and I'm not sure I should. I don't want to be like just any other easy girl he's been with in the past. I want to have actual sex with him but I don't want him to think I'm easy and I don't want to be just another girl to him.

It was stupid of me to ask him, but it's too late now, and I have to fix these emotions somehow. I'm not sure which perspective to view things with. I love him and he loves me, but that doesn't lessens my insecurity. He's been with so many girls so how do I compare? I'm not a 10 by any means and actually have a lot of insecurities over my body.

Everything sexual is a huge deal to me. But maybe he's bored of it by now since he's done it so much.

Any advice is appreciated...

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's the guillotine for this one.

Nah, gently caress that lady.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I've never heard this word before in my entire life and it's come up twice in one day.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
drat, I wonder why females don't like him

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

welcome to hell posted:

My boyfriend's body count is making me feel like I'm not special..... (F20) (M47)
That's a rare reverse version.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

Nah, gently caress that lady.

He's a petty little shitbag. It happened a decade ago, and the dude earns 60k and admits that he doesn't need the money yet he's still trying to squeeze some cash out of a single mother under threat of reporting her to the police.

He's earning a nice wage while she's got three kids and struggles to scrape together $200, so despite having to deal with a slashed tyre 10 years ago he struggled through this terrible experience and came out on top in the end.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Blade Runner posted:

Yeah uh I don't actually see the issue here, the guy was up front about it being a date and took being rejected without much trouble before moving on to ask someone else

The comments are pretty deranged, a bit worse than usual.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [27M] feel have made a terrible mistake marrying my wife[25F] after six months.

quote:

I met her about six months ago. Pretty quick I had a feeling she wasn’t right. I haven’t dated for over two years and was feeling lonely. Still, she was ideal for my case. She was young, religious, and we had the same cultural background. I loved the idea of her and I working out.

The thing is I’m more of a laid back guy, as where my wife is more on the “out there” side. Meaning she doesn’t mind being the center of attention-that sort of person. There is nothing wrong with that, but I’m just naturally not into those type of girls. I just usually dated the shy girl. Anyways, I continued to date her. Around a unusual two months our parents met. I tried ending things with her during these two months. But she said I was being over dramatic about any issue we had, and in my mind I agreed and deemed myself emotionally challenged. I would get back together with her.

Around three months our parents met and we decided to get married on our six months. This was a rough time and I tried to relationship a couple of times. Again, she talked me into staying by saying I was just being dramatic. She may have been right at times, but I knew the bigger isssue was that we just weren’t compatible. I was creating smoke screens to leave.

Now we are married - just to note, how we are religiously married, not legally. It’s still a big deal, we had a reception and all. Now, I’m emotionally checked out. We still have times where we argue. I tried ending things this past weekend. She said I need to find a new job that pays more. I’m a student getting my B.A in one year and I also plan on going to law school.

I told her I’m content with my job. It pays 19.50/hr and I work full time. I definitely wouldn’t mind a job that pays, and I am going to try. But I was upset that she didn’t accept me for who I was. She apologized later about it, but brought it up twice to me.

I feel like she’s self centered but ofcourse there is two sides of the story and I’m not perfect. I tried breaking up with her many times. I’m sure this may have hurt her. I’m not always understating and can get emotionally detached.

The big issue here is I feel like we aren’t compatible and idk wth to do. We can’t just break up. We can’t just get a divorce (a religious divorce). She doesn’t even live with me. She also keeps pushing up the date to love in. She says it’s because of work reasons. I no longer have the drive to make this work. And I don’t want to make my wife feel like I’m taking her for granted.

Tl;dr I got married after six months and idk if I’m in love. Idk how to handle the situation. Separating is not an option

quote:

Does the state you live in recognize your marriage? If not either counseling or break up.

I’m considering counseling but we live states away from eachother

:psyduck:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

I am 24M and I have a friend who is 21, she is really nice and we've known each other for a year. She is my sister's acquaintance and we met at my sister's birthday party. I have a crush on her although she isn't exactly my type. Lately I feel like I've been getting vibes that she likes me back.

Last week I won a raffle and have 2 tickets to see a famous singer perform next month in a nearby city. She also happens to like this singer so I asked her if she wanted to go with me as a date. I said I can book us a hotel room and we can spend the night together. She said she'd love to go, but only as friends. She says she's alright with us splitting a hotel room as long as it has two beds. She told me she doesn't feel ready to date anyone at the moment, and she doesn't do flings either, so unfortunately we can only be platonic friends. I said I'll think about it. I was quite hurt because honestly I don't have much experience with rejection, and I was annoyed that she turned me down.

Today, i asked my female coworker to go with me to the concert as a date. She immediately said yes and seemed quite excited about it although she admitted that she never listened to any of their songs. Still, I'm taking her out for drinks on Friday. But just now, the friend who I asked originally asked if we were still on for the concert. I told her honestly that I already asked another woman, and she seemed disappointed but dropped the subject.

When I told my sister about what happened, she said I'm being really douchy. She says her friend is a huge fan of the singer and I should take her instead of my coworker who doesn't even like the band but only wants to go because she likes me. I said she can't understand because she's not a dude. Because let's me honest, if I had the choice between going out with a girl who only wants to be my "friend" versus a girl who is super into me and wants to take things to the next level, then obviously I'm taking the second one. AITA for just being honest about what I want?

EDIT: Because a lot of the hang up is over the hotel room thing: YES I would have been fine if the first girl agreed to go with me as a date, but wanted separate hotel beds/rooms. Nowhere do I even say that we have to share a bed...

But the part where she says she’s not ready to date anyone essentially means she is not interested in me. She likely said she’ll go with me as friends just to be nice and not hurt my feelings. So why would I make the experience awkward for the both of us when I could bring along someone who actually is interested in dating me? EDIT OVER

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pinecone Sample posted:

I know, we usually don't comment on that, but I'm kinda fascinated by all these motives that these creative writers come up. Some of these stories really push your buttons.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Pinecone Sample posted:

I want to slash every tire he ever has, now.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Concert date guy mostly good. The hotel room thing is pretty ballsy. I think I'd have rather booked two rooms and if your date decides she'd like to hang out in your room all the better. It might be "wasting" $100, but I think it's worth $100 to make sure your date is comfortable and not feeling pressured at all.

But asking, making clear he wanted a date, and moving on when he got a "no" are all pro moves and redditors should try to be more like him in those regards.

I am curious about the comments on reddit though lol.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

alphabettitouretti posted:

He's a petty little shitbag. It happened a decade ago, and the dude earns 60k and admits that he doesn't need the money yet he's still trying to squeeze some cash out of a single mother under threat of reporting her to the police.

He's earning a nice wage while she's got three kids and struggles to scrape together $200, so despite having to deal with a slashed tyre 10 years ago he struggled through this terrible experience and came out on top in the end.
He deserves to be made whole. He could be a good guy and forgive her debt, but he's not obligated. I don't see why he should have to suck it up because of her poor choices.

It's well past the statute of limitations anyway, so the whole scenario is moot. I just don't think the woman that got drunk and slashed his tires is the sympathetic person in the story.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Him: Hey friend, want to go to this concert?
Her: Yes, I'd love to go! This is as friends, though, just to be clear
Him: You can't come if you're not putting out that night

In no way is that a pro move

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Anne Whateley posted:

Him: Hey friend, want to go to this concert?
Her: Yes, I'd love to go! This is as friends, though, just to be clear
Him: You can't come if you're not putting out that night

In no way is that a pro move
Didn't he say it was a date when he asked?

His only fuckup was the hotel room. You're not obligated to take a woman to dinner if you ask her on a date and she says "I'll go to dinner, but only as friends!"

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Leon Einstein posted:

He deserves to be made whole. He could be a good guy and forgive her debt, but he's not obligated. I don't see why he should have to suck it up because of her poor choices.

It's well past the statute of limitations anyway, so the whole scenario is moot. I just don't think the woman that got drunk and slashed his tires is the sympathetic person in the story.

Exactly. If he's telling the story accurately (which is debatable in these stories but whatever), then she didn't seem too repentant, and was kinda flippant about it.

Maybe I'm just biased due to dealing with people like that ("I forgave myself for it, why are you the victim still upset?!") but I feel a more heartfelt apology and least pretending they wish to pay would go a long way.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Hellblazer187 posted:

I am curious about the comments on reddit though lol.

Very divided, mostly coming down on him being an rear end in a top hat, but woooooow there are a lot of them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

His only fuckup was the hotel room. You're not obligated to take a woman to dinner if you ask her on a date and she says "I'll go to dinner, but only as friends!"

He offered to take her with a really obvious implication that they'd be loving afterward and she said "I'd love to go, but I'm not interested in dating you." The fact that she called later to ask if they were still on suggests that he didn't actually rescind the offer until he found someone else he could bang.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

He offered to take her with a really obvious implication that they'd be loving afterward and she said "I'd love to go, but I'm not interested in dating you." The fact that she called later to ask if they were still on suggests that he didn't actually rescind the offer until he found someone else he could bang.
He literally told her that he'll "think about it" when she rejected his date and said she'd go as friends. We all know that is a no unless told otherwise.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Leon Einstein posted:

If they were meeting as strangers from a dating site, then yeah, but they're already existing friends. It's not weird to be friends and do friend things if they...are friends

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I mean, it's tacky, but he outlined his motives and moved on.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

If they were meeting as strangers from a dating site, then yeah, but they're already existing friends. It's not weird to be friends and do friend things if they...are friends
Sure, but he was very specific about it being a date. If she says no to the date, that's her declination of the offer. Why should he have to go with her on her terms? She declined the date and he declined going as friends. Nobody is wrong or was treated poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

AITA for not wanting to see a black therapist

quote:

I'm a white female in my 20s. I'm seeking counseling for childhood trauma and abuse. This sounds terrible but I've never had a positive experience when working closely with black women (in the workplace or at school). Each time it happens I've encountered highly abrasive, aggressive, and loud personalities, and unpleasant attitudes that remind me deeply of my childhood abuser. I'm well aware that this personality type does not apply to everyone and am absolutely capable of being respectful to everyone I meet regardless of race. I'm just being honest that this has been my experience. It intimidates me and makes me uncomfortable. So when I met my new therapist today and took in her posture, expressions, mannerisms, and language, my heart sank a little and all I could think was, "We're just not going to connect." My husband thinks I'm being racist which makes me feel horrible. I realize this is not a rational or healthy way of thinking and that it's definitely a ME problem, not a them problem. However, I also feel like these sessions are about MY comfort and healing, and that it's not the time or place to address those issues, at least not yet. I'd like to think I'm not a racist. There's not a bone in my body that would ever think a black person less capable or worthy of a job like this. I've never for a moment thought myself better than anyone else on this Earth and I will treat a janitor with the same respect as a CEO. This is purely an issue of me worrying that we won't click or connect well. So AITA for wanting to switch therapists?