Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Guess it depends on which Sky Italia journo is reporting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I remain baffled that City aren’t in for him

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

habeasdorkus posted:

Guess it depends on which Sky Italia journo is reporting that.

Di marzio has his own site and it would be reported as him. So it’s not him anyway.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tarbrush posted:

I’m convinced that they are actively waiting for a bunch of clubs to waste a pile of time before coming in with some insane offer and landing him at the last second since they don’t have to play by the rules and have infinite money.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Donnarumma to PSG for 50 mil + Alphonse Areola sounds like it might happen.

Should ask for a lot more imo. I’m sure the cunts in charge will be happy to see the back of that absurd Raiola negotiated salary though, and ideally his brother fucks off as well. I’m disappointed; it was sorta obvious we would have to sell him this year but I was hoping it wouldn’t happen.

Areola was good when I saw him, but then again I dunno how much of that was PSG's insistence on a two-keeper system sheltering him from having to play tough games since they usually sent Trapp/Buffon out in Europe

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Troy Queef posted:

Areola was good when I saw him, but then again I dunno how much of that was PSG's insistence on a two-keeper system sheltering him from having to play tough games since they usually sent Trapp/Buffon out in Europe

I've heard he's the tits

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

tarbrush posted:

Maybe because he’s not that great. The matches I saw him play in Europe, he was never “on” for a full 90. There were gaps in his mental presence despite the other positives to his game. Facing EPL opposition every week would expose them.

City have been through this with Mangala, Otamendi, and Stones. Might not be eager for the next untested wunderkind.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

Though let's face it, United are pretty likely to ruin him, which will be a shame.

they tend to ruin left backs, Fabio, Shaw (even with his improved form this year), Borthwick-Jackson, and they even tried to put Tuanzebe and Rojo out there to mostly clownish results

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

they tend to ruin left backs, Fabio, Shaw (even with his improved form this year), Borthwick-Jackson, and they even tried to put Tuanzebe and Rojo out there to mostly clownish results

Fabio was never getting into the team ahead of Evra, Shaw has been very good when he isn’t crocked, Borthwick-Jackson has never looked good enough to get into the United first team, Tuanzebe is a right footed center back, and Rojo just sucks and is also a center back.

I’m not sure what the point of your post was other than talking out of your own rear end.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Fabio was never getting into the team ahead of Evra, Shaw has been very good when he isn’t crocked, Borthwick-Jackson has never looked good enough to get into the United first team, Tuanzebe is a right footed center back, and Rojo just sucks and is also a center back.

I’m not sure what the point of your post was other than talking out of your own rear end.

Look what United did to Evra: https://www.instagram.com/p/BqcpSaUBz9b/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=W7jqjQAAAAE6gYRr-ex2gx9gihyc

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lol at thinking Luke Shaw has had an overall good run at the team.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shrapnig posted:

yikes

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Remember Tyler Blackett lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Donnarumma to PSG for 50 mil + Alphonse Areola sounds like it might happen.

Should ask for a lot more imo. I’m sure the cunts in charge will be happy to see the back of that absurd Raiola negotiated salary though, and ideally his brother fucks off as well. I’m disappointed; it was sorta obvious we would have to sell him this year but I was hoping it wouldn’t happen.

It'd be a win for Milan - not only does Areola not get into agent-driven bullshit drama, he has a funnier name

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Reprisal posted:

Maybe because he’s not that great. The matches I saw him play in Europe, he was never “on” for a full 90. There were gaps in his mental presence despite the other positives to his game. Facing EPL opposition every week would expose them.

City have been through this with Mangala, Otamendi, and Stones. Might not be eager for the next untested wunderkind.

*neville southall voice* well done he's 19

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

trem_two posted:

Di Marzio says Inter are going to take Lukaku on a 2 year loan with a €60m obligation at the end of the loan, in order for Inter to manage their FFP accounting.

Yeah, apparently 10 million per year for two years, then the obligation to buy for 60 million. Hope Woodward takes it. Lukaku doesn't really have a future at United, and it frees up money in the wage budget.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah, apparently 10 million per year for two years, then the obligation to buy for 60 million. Hope Woodward takes it. Lukaku doesn't really have a future at United, and it frees up money in the wage budget.

FFP accounting is a trip

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Sepp van den Berg to the Six Times European Champions is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1144167888405901312

he's going to be insanely sick. what do I base this on? absolutely nothing. six times.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lets talk about Sepp. Baby

Because honestly, i have no idea who this guy is

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah me neither. Pretty certain that the only reason why its getting more recognition than your normal academy hire is that every other transfer rumour has been quickly squashed so theres nothing else to talk about.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Cool name, sounds good, definitely an excellent deal!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
He's a red alright

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I know we've all been discussing the Wan-Bissaka transfer fee as being insane but how will it compare to them bidding £40m for sean longstaff who has played 8 premier league matches

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Apparently Atletico Madrid put in a €126 million bid for Benfica's Joao Felix. He's 19 :stare:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

shut up blegum posted:

Apparently Atletico Madrid put in a €126 million bid for Benfica's Joao Felix. He's 19 :stare:

yeah saw it earlier but didn't believe it lol

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1143994029291515905

and yet

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

I know we've all been discussing the Wan-Bissaka transfer fee as being insane but how will it compare to them bidding £40m for sean longstaff who has played 8 premier league matches

Charity for poor Newcastle IMO.

We should all be so kind towards the downtrodden, truly Ed Woodward is a great humanitarian.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Just make the cheque out to Mike Ashley, cut out the middle man.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
David Turnbull is now officially not signing for Celtic because he has dodgy knees and they couldn't work out a dodgy knee discount with Motherwell

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah saw it earlier but didn't believe it lol

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1143994029291515905

and yet

Crazy money, could've got 2.5 Wan-Bissakas for that

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The biggest question is if he's on Januzaj wages IMO.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Blue Star Error posted:

David Turnbull is now officially not signing for Celtic because he has dodgy knees and they couldn't work out a dodgy knee discount with Motherwell

This is hilarious because it means Celtic have hosed up their carefully researched but awfully formatted transfer plan three times. And because of that, they rushed all the Turnbull stuff through with pictures and manager interviews to act as a sop to the fans and then hosed them off even more.

In the meantime Joe Aribo decided against staying at Charlton or going to Brentford and is now a Rangers player and Lee Bowyer had a little :qq:

The inevitable Skrtel rumour got squashed in record time too!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

"We are recruiting no-one at the moment, especially not this player with whom we have had no contact," he said.

Poor Neymar.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Where does Felix play in a 442? Second striker I’m assuming?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

tao of lmao posted:

Where does Felix play in a 442? Second striker I’m assuming?

In the hole Griezmann is leaving

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently United have made no bids for Longstaff.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shut up blegum posted:

In the hole Griezmann is leaving

Desperate to find the new Aguero I reckon.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Apparently United have made no bids for Longstaff.

Similarly, Milan have made no bids for Ronaldo, or Messi.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Ivan’s gonna get you a nice shiny Mustafi.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sandwolf posted:

Desperate to find the new Aguero I reckon.

They’re buying into one of Mendes’ player packages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah but as far as I know, there wasn't a rumour going around higher up on this page that they had, unlike with United and Longstaff.