Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

If you’re on Exodus and not Excalibur for any reason come join The Principality of Zeon in Goblet ward 1 plot 13! We’re really chill. So chill we forgot to remind the thread we existed last expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
When are we supposed to be able to start the download?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Agh, I’m stuck in a loop deciding what I want to Fantasia too. Hrothgar are cool catdudes but their hair/face situation is janky as poo poo. I might have to go bunnygirl, god help me. Until I just go back to femroe again. :v:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rand Brittain posted:

When are we supposed to be able to start the download?

Don't expect it any time soon, go do other poo poo, check back like, 10 PM PST.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Thought about fantasia'ing but just can't abandon my male miqote.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Six-Sided star is such a weird capstone, but there's a counter-cultural part of me trying to figure out every possible use for it.

Balance seems to think it'll fit before Tornado Kick for whenever things go untargetable.
I'm considering it as a possible flex skill to pause your combo whenever you have to step away from the boss for more than one of your ~1.8s globals.
Desperation move: You forget to switch to couerl stance and have less than 4 seconds on GL but the boss just came back.
Mmmmmmmaybe stacking skill speed on monks will make using OGCDs uncomfortable most of the time, in which case SSS can be used to drop in a shoulder tackle or elixir field? Kind of a long shot.

So hey, its got slightly more use than tornado kick.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Zerilan posted:

Thought about fantasia'ing but just can't abandon my male miqote.

Yeah I've been a femroe since ARR and last time I tried swapping it was too weird...but also I kind of want to be a bunny

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They're both pretty tall so it might not be a huge change.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Because using a jump potion on your CNJ won't finish the MSQ.

e: There's a separate story skip potion you need for MSQ stuff. Job potions only give you job + appropriate gear.

That's actually what I meant to say.
I guess if I do so, I miss out on doing any dungeon that's required to do during that climb to 60?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Don't expect it any time soon, go do other poo poo, check back like, 10 PM PST.

I'm going to be asleep by then, hopefully I'll be able too leave it downloading while I go of for a job before going to work

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

M.c.P posted:

Six-Sided star is such a weird capstone, but there's a counter-cultural part of me trying to figure out every possible use for it.

Balance seems to think it'll fit before Tornado Kick for whenever things go untargetable.
I'm considering it as a possible flex skill to pause your combo whenever you have to step away from the boss for more than one of your ~1.8s globals.
Desperation move: You forget to switch to couerl stance and have less than 4 seconds on GL but the boss just came back.
Mmmmmmmaybe stacking skill speed on monks will make using OGCDs uncomfortable most of the time, in which case SSS can be used to drop in a shoulder tackle or elixir field? Kind of a long shot.

So hey, its got slightly more use than tornado kick.

It's situational but I feel like boss mechanics that cause like 3-5 seconds of downtime are fairly common. Didn't raid much in SB but just stuff like doom train knockbacks or sliding around vs alte roite come to mind.

Still not sure which DPS I'll ultimately play the most this time around, but Mnk's still gonna be my first to level so I can keep my combat retainer leveling to help farm for ltw raising.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
A few years ago I wasted my FFXIV trial (created a character then didn't get to play for the week or however long it lasted). I'm seeing now that new players can play for free up to a certain level. I just redownloaded the main game and tried logging in, but it says my account is a service account and not eligible for a trial. What's the cheapest option if I just want to try the game out and see if I like it on PS4? Is my only option to find a cheap disc copy of the base game and pay for a month of service?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They're both pretty tall so it might not be a huge change.

Didn't someone post a height chart way back in the last thread?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

DrakePegasus posted:

If you’re on Exodus and not Excalibur for any reason come join The Principality of Zeon in Goblet ward 1 plot 13! We’re really chill. So chill we forgot to remind the thread we existed last expansion.

I'm on Exodus but with another FC. I live in the Goblet, too. Ward 14 Plot 36. Come and visit sometime! (Once we can play again.)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

That's actually what I meant to say.
I guess if I do so, I miss out on doing any dungeon that's required to do during that climb to 60?

A story skip will unlock every dungeon required to progress through the MSQ, up until the point you've skipped to. You can still go back and queue for them later, as well as any optional dungeons that weren't required.

If you use a job boost, you'll skip all the job quests, and be unable to redo them (until new game + maybe?)

Rhonne posted:

Didn't someone post a height chart way back in the last thread?

Found a reddit thread with comparison images: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bt5gcw/race_height_comparison_female/

Teix
Nov 5, 2009

You want to touch me?

BisterdDave posted:

Is my only option to find a cheap disc copy of the base game and pay for a month of service?

Just FYI, buying the base game also gives you 30 days of playtime.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BisterdDave posted:

What's the cheapest option if I just want to try the game out and see if I like it on PS4? Is my only option to find a cheap disc copy of the base game and pay for a month of service?

New copies (which you'd need the registration code from anyway, used copies are next to useless) comes with 30 days of time

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Agh, I’m stuck in a loop deciding what I want to Fantasia too.

Seeker of the sun or keeper of the moon isn't an entirely trivial decision, but it still only took me like 5 minutes so idk what the problem is here.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I hope I can get in tomorrow just to change my character and try out Dancer. I'm still in Stormblood, so I don't really have to worry about getting into any Shadowbirngers areas.

KoB
May 1, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

A few years ago I wasted my FFXIV trial (created a character then didn't get to play for the week or however long it lasted). I'm seeing now that new players can play for free up to a certain level. I just redownloaded the main game and tried logging in, but it says my account is a service account and not eligible for a trial. What's the cheapest option if I just want to try the game out and see if I like it on PS4? Is my only option to find a cheap disc copy of the base game and pay for a month of service?

The cheapest would be just make a new account.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ha, the Viera ears make them just barely the same height as a Roe.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The height matters, last time I went Femroe to Femra and it was a bit jarring, but also getting over cutscenes where I go "who is this idio- oh"

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

"who is this idio- oh"

me whenever i see a mirror

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I changed my character to a dragonlady like a year ago, and the thing I like the least about them is that they are SO small. I was pretty disappointed in dragonladies altogether, especially considering how cool the drsgonguys are.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

being small is important. but not the peed race-small

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Large ladies are where its at. Its why Femroe is such a good choice.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I changed my character to a dragonlady like a year ago, and the thing I like the least about them is that they are SO small. I was pretty disappointed in dragonladies altogether, especially considering how cool the drsgonguys are.

I feel dragon guys look cool but I can't get over the stupid run animation.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

The height matters, last time I went Femroe to Femra and it was a bit jarring, but also getting over cutscenes where I go "who is this idio- oh"

I'm not sure I can handle people being at eye level with me.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If you're so small that your good friend Haurchefant has to crane his neck down to see you, that's TOO small.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If you're so small that your good friend Haurchefant has to crane his neck down to see you, that's TOO small.
I'm going to guess he's fine looking down your shirt

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Biggest loss from going from femroe to Viera is the lack of a muscle slider.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I play a Fem-Roe, all you peons have to look up at me.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
SB has been a great expansion because I got to feel tall as a catgirl.
It was nice after 2 years of towering elf boyfriends.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Gorelab posted:

I feel dragon guys look cool but I can't get over the stupid run animation.

Get around run animations by having your weapon drawn at all times.

That's how I deal with midlander life.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

:hmmyes:

The day I figured out you can turn off automatic weapon sheathing was a good day.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Have you considered playing a good race

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mymla posted:

Have you considered playing a good race

Good wasn't good enough, so I picked the best.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

But I thought you said you were playing midlander :confused:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Didn't realize today was OPPOSITE DAY!

*laugh track, fade to black*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

mrfishstick posted:

It looks right, it’s (assuming you’re going from UI3 with at least 1 heart):

Flare #1 - Free since a new trait causes fire spells to have 0 MP cost while in UI3
Flare #2 - Consumes Umbral Hearts and most of your MP
Flare #3 - Consumes remaining MP at “full cost”

At this point you use the same trait that made your first flare free, to swap back into UI3 using Freeze and then it’s just dumping fouls and repeat.

Apparently from the media build Flare doesn't get affected by Aspect Mastery, so I guess it's a question of if that makes it to live.