Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
But everyone knows that pickle touched dishes are impossible to clean!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

He was being an rear end in a top hat, but also, death to the knife and fork pickleman

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MagusofStars posted:

The pro strat here is to just use your own speech and secretly *hope* she makes a scene. Then you just be cool, calm and collected during her meltdown and come out of it looking like a loving saint for your patience.

Owning your mom to make a good impression at your high school graduation, truly, something that will set the tone forevermore

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not celebrating my roommates "Coming Out"

I moved in with a roommate a while ago he's 25(m) who started out as a great roommate:

Introvert, kept to himself, very clean, personable to his friends and myself, etc. All of the signs of a great roommate.

We would go and get drinks, food, LAN party, go to strip clubs; typical shady roommate stuff.

So 10/10 awesome dude.

In the next couple months he became passive-aggressive and emotionally dependent on me. I would get finger snapping, eye rolling, caught him smelling my clothes, wearing my pants, sleeping in my bed while I was at work, waiting in my doorway sighing about his day, etc.

Whatevs, he was tired, wanted to see what detergent I was using, wanted to try a new brand of jeans, had a bad day. It's cool, no harm no foul.

I noticed he had more telltale signs many of my gay friends show (a lot of my good tennis friends are gay) and during a party he came out to me while I was pouring shots for the mentioned tennis team.

Here's where it gets to the AITA:

**Preface, I had a couple drinks prior to this convo:

Roommate "Hey, I think I should tell you. I'm into one of the guys here."

Me: "Cool, you're gay, this is not new news to anyone here. Now take your medicine (shot) like a big girl."

Roommate: "Do you even care! I'm BI! I'm not gay, you can be so uncaring and crass."

Me: "Men, Women, Trans, the only thing I care about is that you drink your special medicine with everyone else so we can go to the bar"

Roommate: "You've never cared about me. You only care about yourself, this is a big deal for me."

Me: "IDK what to say, you're BI, it's San Francisco, do you want a trophy?"

We haven't spoken since ......

AITA

Thanks for Input Friends:
General Thought: IATA:

I'll apologize to him, So many of my friends are gay, I just accept this as the norm.

I'll be sure to make it a point he knows I don't care, and always support him. I had just figured this was to go without saying.

Thanks for the support friends! <3 Reddit

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Pretty sure offering him a plate would entitle him to guest right which shouldn't be an issue unless Pickle man was intending to abuse that or OP had intended to kill him at some point during the night.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my mom that my older brother was in a inappropriate relationship?

My younger brother Jake bragged to me about on FaceTime yesterday about how he hooked up with a MILF last weekend on tinder. Naturally, I thought she was probably someone 24-25 (for reference, my brother is a senior in high school and just turned 18). But then he tells me how this woman is 32 and has a daughter that goes to the elementary school our other (younger) brother goes to.

Naturally I’m concerned for him. This woman is almost double his age and preying on a high schooler. For reference, I’m 25 and thinking of sleeping with someone under 19 actually makes me viscerally ill.

I told him that he needs to stop seeing her and he was like absolutely not. I tried lecturing him about grooming and how he needs to find someone closer to his maturity and experience-level and he just laughed and said whatever.

I texted him yesterday telling him that he seriously needs to stop and he ignored me. I decided to tell our mom this morning about what he did. I didn’t want to be a “snitch” but I felt it was for his own good. I asked if she can say she saw a tinder message on his phone or something but to NOT tell him I told him.

My brother called me 20 minutes later livid. My mom chewed him out and told him she was going to track his phone for the rest of his summer in addition to going through his phone every day because “she couldn’t trust him to behave” (our mom is very old-fashioned, so she’s DEATHLY afraid of online apps in addition to the fact that she was so old). He told me I’m a little bitch, and to no longer speak with him. I tried calling him but I think he blocked me because I go straight to voicemail every time I call him.

I don’t think he gets I did this to protect him. He’s too young to see that this woman is a predator. AITA?

EDIT: To my understanding, it's a purely sexual relationship.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My beautiful husband, Assfucker, lives in Canada and unfortunately has no access to the internet. Otherwise he would be posting here with me, his loving husband.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You'd think you'd want a black therapist, they might actually understand that people can have problems that aren't just from not smiling enough.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

AITA for ruining my friend's pickle eating experience?

see this is why owning a dishwasher owns. oh you want to get a little pickle juice on a plate and fork? cool whatever, i'll just chuck 'em into the dishwasher after you're done, no big deal.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

Yes. Cripes, just let the dude be weird and suck up the minute of extra dishwashing work, this isn't rocket surgery
I'd go with the ESH tag because it wasn't a fight really worth picking and therefor OP is an rear end in a top hat but it is kinda rude to be the kind of person who makes a much larger mess than they need to because they're a guest and don't have to clean it up themselves and getting upset a pickle wasn't offered to you with a plate, knife, and fork, is pretty entitled.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting new friends?

EDIT: I WILL BE APOLOGIZING AND TALKING TO HER ON FRIDAY AT THE COOKOUT PLEASE STOP SENDING ME DMS TELLING ME TO HURT/END MYSELF.

So basically we have a set group of wives/spouses for the office where our husbands work. We know each others personalities, we all have kids, involved in our churches etc.

Okay so 4/5 months ago 2 newbies got transferred here. 1 guy, 1 girl. That same week we had a charity event I extended the invite to them the girl donated but didn't show, the guy + his wife did. My guy introduces me I liked the guy he seemed very GI Joe clean cut but the wife was...idk kind of like alt/gothy/punk. I make small talk and find out shes not religious (I invited her to church she declined) and child free (idk if thats by choice) but needless to say we didnt vibe.

So bi weekly girls night comes up I invite new girl but not new wife. I figured I didn't vibe with her and this would give new girl a chance since she missed the event also It was a bowling and the numbers would've been odd. We had a great time and After that we kept the group as it was with the addition of new girl. This came up at a baby shower the last week when new girl asked wife why she never showed to girls nights. She said she didn't even know about it. It got awkward and someone changed subject to baby shower games wife wandered to her guy who was with all the other guys. They were talking guns apparently that's her "thing". I figured no harm no foul she found a group to join although it was weird since she was the only girl.

Later in a group chat One girl asked why I was excluding wife my reasons were as follows:

We have nothing in common with her Our group dynamic was awesome as it is She Doesn't do church Doesn't have kids I pointed out in wasn't trying to be mean just practical.

We all have similar values where wife was pretty obviously on the other team as far as those go. New girl isn't married nor does she have kids but she's religious and all around fun. So its not like no babies means no friends but friendship means similar values/ideas etc.

One of the wives told her guy about the group chat and he invited the couple to a group cookout on Friday. He also told my husband who said I was mean girling and how this would make office interactions awkward as theyre a team. He mentioned her guy has been pretty closed mouthed about outside office stuff and now he gets why he (my guy) was pretty upset. He said he felt like a jackass and He also said he liked her and that if we gave her a chance we would too. My friends are saying they are gonna try and include her in convos to be nice and I'm all for it but said girls nights were still exclusive until we can all discuss it. I don't think wife cares honestly no one has said anything more about it. AITA for keeping an eye out for everyone?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I have found my personal Hell, and it is an outside-socialization-heavy workplace gatekept by a judgmental church lady who doesn't even work there

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

I have found my personal Hell, and it is an outside-socialization-heavy workplace gatekept by a judgmental church lady who doesn't even work there

i think this is the fulfillment of the horrifying vision of the officers' wives meeting from the intel officer post

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You'd think you'd want a black therapist, they might actually understand that people can have problems that aren't just from not smiling enough.

It’s hilarious that you think a white person could ever have a problem that approaches the enormity of the experience of being Black in this country.

It would be good for them, if they’re smart they’ll realize they actually have no problems at all.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

carry on then posted:

It’s hilarious that you think a white person could ever have a problem that approaches the enormity of the experience of being Black in this country.

It would be good for them, if they’re smart they’ll realize they actually have no problems at all.

Guess there's no such thing as a gay white person. Or a woman in Alabama or Georgia.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

carry on then posted:

Wow, that's life-changing, let me find out you say "there are starving children in Africa!" when you learn that someone is suffering from clinical depression.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [23f] ex [22m] posted a long "apology" detailing his behavior on facebook, now I feel like my relationships with my current boyfriend [24m] and family are deteriorating and I don't know what to do

*tl;dr* my ex boyfriend posted about how he abused me on Facebook as an "apology," my family is pressuring me to forgive him and my boyfriend wants to confront him, I feel like no one is listening to me. What do I do?

My ex boyfriend and I were together for 4 years on and off in a very volatile and violent relationship. I struggled with my self esteem and kept going back to him. I spent about 2 years single and in therapy until I met my current boyfriend, who is not at all like my former boyfriend.

My ex likes to reach out and try to reconcile once every few months. I've blocked him, but he makes new emails and phone numbers to reach out again. He hasn't done anything in a long time that the police care about, so I have no legal remedies.

I guess after 3 years apart, my ex realized that I am not going to come back to him and went for a last ditch effort by making an "accountability" post on facebook, where he detailed the abuse and manipulation for everyone to read. He didn't name me, but anyone who knows him or me knows it's about me. He framed it as holding himself accountable and making a public apology so that everyone can see that he messed up and he's owning up to it.

At this point, my family, friends, and boyfriend have all seen the post, either on my ex's page or being shared, because some of his friends are sharing it and praising him for being open about his past "mistakes."

I still hold anger for some of the things that happened then (anger which, for the record, my therapist says is healthy and ok) and I just don't feel comfortable with "forgiving" my ex, and I never will. It doesn't consume me or anything, but I just need to hold him accountable mentally. Not here to debate that.

Anyway, my family and friends are pushing me to forgive him and see the good in him because he owned up to his behavior. They want me to reach out and tell him I forgive him but I don't want him around to give him closure. They keep pressuring me no matter how many times I tell them no. They talk about it with me all the time.

On the other hand, my boyfriend is really furious. He tried reporting the post to facebook, as did a bunch of my friends, but facebook won't take it down because he didn't mention me by name. Now he wants to go to my ex's house and tell him face to face to take it down, or at least he wants to contact my ex and tell him to take it down so I don't have to contact him. I feel like I'm constantly talking my boyfriend down.

From my perspective, all of these reactions seem like what my ex wants. I think he wants me to contact him and that's why he did this. I keep telling my family and boyfriend to ignore it and not add fuel to the fire, but no one will listen. Everyone wants to share their opinion on the situation and tell me how to handle it, and I feel like no one is respecting my perspective. This upsets me even more because I think that I am the most experienced with how to deal with the person that I was with for 4 years.

I am not looking for advice on how to move on from anger or abuse or anything like that. I'm just here to ask: how do I convey to my family and boyfriend that they are not helping? How do I let them know that I value their opinions and I know they care, but they're making it worse? I don't want them to feel attacked, but I want them to listen to me. How do I navigate this situation with the people who I love and who love me but who are handling this in a really unhelpful way?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Please don't talk to the crazy person, all they'll do is make empty promises about leaving

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [23f] ex [22m] posted a long "apology" detailing his behavior on facebook, now I feel like my relationships with my current boyfriend [24m] and family are deteriorating and I don't know what to do

I know a ton of women who have the same "shitbag ex decides to 'apologize' so he can be forgiven/get endless asspats for 'improving'" story, and I feel like they should all join a "book club" to schedule some Strangers on a Train-style murder exchanges

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I invited her to my church, and she declined. Clearly she isn't religious.

Reddit needs to calm down with the telling people to kill themselves though.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My [27M] GF [27F] asked me to introduce friends to her for sex, while having sex.

quote:

I guess tldr in the title really. Just now.

Came home from a work dinner a bit in her cup, got down with the get down, and while riding me popped that question. I immediately was like okay... I’m going to stop now, this was fun, let me just ponder that one.

I’m not one to judge, no knee jerk reactions or any of that, but 100% not my thing at all or anything I would consider. Right in the feels, actually.

Took a shower with her, said hey listen we’ll talk in the morning but yeah let’s leave it be for now.

Other stuff that could be relevant info: together for 2 years, lives with me, really good (in my mind?) sex life. Both work a lot, but I run and lift every day and am in pretty decent physical shape. Nothing like this has come up before.

Advice welcome. Going to grab a beer (edit: and then sleep, it’s late here) and mull this over at work tomorrow.

Additionally, mobile and all that, my bad in advance.
:britain:

Edit wtf is this

quote:

She was pretty silent when I pushed her off. Then in bit of a Bambi thing going on. Nothing in the shower and just quick and she hopped out. Wanted to kiss and lay together after that and I was like hey not right now. She wanted to sleep in the guest room to which I said just go to bed I’m going to the bar for a beer. In house bar, not like out.
Do they store unrefrigerated beers in a mini-bar over there?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

carry on then posted:

Going up to Matthew Shepard’s broken, burnt, bleeding body slowly falling into unconsciousness while tied to a fence, looking into his swollen eyes, and saying “Be lucky you’re not black. Way worse, man.”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lady with an a abusive ex needs to turn her boyfriends unhealthy expression of care into a healthy one where ge goes after every single person who suggested she get back together and sets up formal meetings with them to put them on a PIP

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Parents told me to choose them or boyfriend

quote:

Guys any help would be so appreciated. I am 19 and living with my boyfriend of 6months who is 22. How we have our relationship is good for both of us. Neither his mom or my parents know that there is a romantic relationship. We keep a small circle and keep our business to ourselves.

We have been living in my family’s camper since April and this coming July 1st my parents would like us to move out. He doesn’t have a set job or car as of now. My parents are using that as a fact of him using me for my car and money. I don’t spend any unnecessary amounts of money on him.

He is currently doing something that he is passionate about and working on finding a job and car. My parents came from families that basically say that if you don’t work, you’re useless and a waste to society. He was raised on the fact that you should go to college and prioritize your schooling to further your education to get the career you want.

He doesn’t believe that you need a job to have a good life. I understand that aspect of it but I don’t understand being okay with living at home until you’re college is finished (4+ years). My parents said to me today that if I choose to hang around with him (remember, to them were only friends) I better have another place to live. They gave me an ultimatum of either him or them. They told me they don’t want him on our property.

I am 19 and in debt and trying my best but I’m happy with him. My parents only see what he doesn’t do for me. Their expectations of people are high. Ever since i was a kid, any friend/boyfriend I’ve brought over on multiple occasions; my parents found something wrong with them or their actions. Im just kind of in a pickle right now. I’m not sure how to go about this.

I financially cannot leave my house unless somehow his mom lets me move in and help her with things around the house (kind of unlikely). They’re using room-and-board ultimatum and also my mother said she won’t co-sign for my new car unless i promise to stay away from him. My lease is up in early July. Im in desperate need of help guys. July 1st is coming up very soon and my anxiety can’t handle this at all.

TL;DR : parents said either I stop talking and seeing boyfriend or I will have to look for somewhere else to live. Not sure what to do in this situation. Any help is appreciated

Hm, your parents don't want your unemployed (boy)friend squatting rent-free in their camper for months? :thunk:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hm, your parents don't want your unemployed (boy)friend squatting rent-free in their camper for months? :thunk:

This is how to start a family

A Manson family

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Going up to Matthew Shepard’s broken, burnt, bleeding body slowly falling into unconsciousness while tied to a fence, looking into his swollen eyes, and saying “Be lucky you’re not black. Way worse, man.”

I really hate this gay vs black framing because it always erases lgbt poc who have higher murder victim rates than anyone and it's just another way of muddying the waters

But y'all go on

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Stop dating losers.

Also Im assuming "hes currently doing something hes passionate about" is "a 19 year old sugar momma"

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Smirking_Serpent posted:

*tl;dr* my ex boyfriend posted about how he abused me on Facebook as an "apology," my family is pressuring me to forgive him and my boyfriend wants to confront him, I feel like no one is listening to me. What do I do?

My ex boyfriend and I were together for 4 years on and off in a very volatile and violent relationship. I struggled with my self esteem and kept going back to him. I spent about 2 years single and in therapy until I met my current boyfriend, who is not at all like my former boyfriend.

My ex likes to reach out and try to reconcile once every few months. I've blocked him, but he makes new emails and phone numbers to reach out again. He hasn't done anything in a long time that the police care about, so I have no legal remedies.

I guess after 3 years apart, my ex realized that I am not going to come back to him and went for a last ditch effort by making an "accountability" post on facebook, where he detailed the abuse and manipulation for everyone to read. He didn't name me, but anyone who knows him or me knows it's about me. He framed it as holding himself accountable and making a public apology so that everyone can see that he messed up and he's owning up to it.

At this point, my family, friends, and boyfriend have all seen the post, either on my ex's page or being shared, because some of his friends are sharing it and praising him for being open about his past "mistakes."

I still hold anger for some of the things that happened then (anger which, for the record, my therapist says is healthy and ok) and I just don't feel comfortable with "forgiving" my ex, and I never will. It doesn't consume me or anything, but I just need to hold him accountable mentally. Not here to debate that.

Anyway, my family and friends are pushing me to forgive him and see the good in him because he owned up to his behavior. They want me to reach out and tell him I forgive him but I don't want him around to give him closure. They keep pressuring me no matter how many times I tell them no. They talk about it with me all the time.

On the other hand, my boyfriend is really furious. He tried reporting the post to facebook, as did a bunch of my friends, but facebook won't take it down because he didn't mention me by name. Now he wants to go to my ex's house and tell him face to face to take it down, or at least he wants to contact my ex and tell him to take it down so I don't have to contact him. I feel like I'm constantly talking my boyfriend down.

From my perspective, all of these reactions seem like what my ex wants. I think he wants me to contact him and that's why he did this. I keep telling my family and boyfriend to ignore it and not add fuel to the fire, but no one will listen. Everyone wants to share their opinion on the situation and tell me how to handle it, and I feel like no one is respecting my perspective. This upsets me even more because I think that I am the most experienced with how to deal with the person that I was with for 4 years.

I am not looking for advice on how to move on from anger or abuse or anything like that. I'm just here to ask: how do I convey to my family and boyfriend that they are not helping? How do I let them know that I value their opinions and I know they care, but they're making it worse? I don't want them to feel attacked, but I want them to listen to me. How do I navigate this situation with the people who I love and who love me but who are handling this in a really unhelpful way?

It's 100% possible for bad, lovely people to change and accept accountability for their past actions.

It's also 10000% okay for the people they've abused to not give a poo poo and tell them to go gently caress themselves. Forgiveness isn't owed, you make the apology and walk away, expecting something in return negates the loving point of the apology.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

If you want that hobo lifestyle, you gotta be bold enough to walk the walk.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Koalas March posted:

I really hate this gay vs black framing because it always erases lgbt poc who have higher murder victim rates than anyone and it's just another way of muddying the waters

But y'all go on
Yeah intersectionality is important to talk about but I don't think pitting minorities against each other serves any purpose but upholding the oppressive power structures loving with us, especially when they can overlap.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LadyPictureShow posted:

lmao i almost sometimes feel vaguely bad for these but really it's this and they're in the right for not enabling. also its a loving family camper holy poo poo that has to suck

Barudak posted:

Stop dating losers.

Also Im assuming "hes currently doing something hes passionate about" is "a 19 year old sugar momma"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

My [27M] GF [27F] asked me to introduce friends to her for sex, while having sex.

:britain:

Edit wtf is this

Do they store unrefrigerated beers in a mini-bar over there?

Interesting new tactic to try and open the relationship.

Its a new one at least I'll give her that lol

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PetraCore posted:

Yeah intersectionality is important to talk about but, because pitting minorities against each other serves no purpose but upholding the oppressive power structures loving with us, especially when they can overlap.

Just a slight adjustment for you. Otherwise agreed, especially with KM.

MasBrillante fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 28, 2019

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

What. It definitely upholds oppressive power structures.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scathach posted:

What. It definitely upholds oppressive power structures.

I made a bad grammar while trying to convey that this is exactly what intersectionality says!

Edit: Changed “any” to “no.”

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

MasBrillante posted:

I made a bad grammar while trying to convey that this is exactly what intersectionality says!

Edit: Changed “any” to “no.”

Ohhh okay sweet.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA , Girlfriend mad I told her she looks like a pig

quote:

I told my girl when I’m bored I like to stare at people and figure out what animal they Resemble closest. She asked me what animal I saw when I look at her and I told her pig . And she got furious . I guess she was hoping for something majestic and beautiful but I wasn’t commenting on her level of attractiveness only the animal she looks like closest. My girlfriend is extremely beautiful and I’m attracted to her very much . I explained that to her I’m not calling her ugly and that I look like a pit bull and I think it’s pretty funny but she wouldn’t calm down . I already apologized but she won’t return my calls and it’s been two days. At this point I personally believe she’s acting childish am I the rear end in a top hat ?

Edit : She’s not even fat . She has really red rosy cheeks and a square Nose

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

AITA for ditching my date and causing a scene?

quote:

I’m 19F and my date was 25M, I was a regular client of a buddy of his who is a tattoo artist and he had seen me get tattooed by him once as he came to visit while I was half way through my session.

I get an IG message from him, found it a bit odd as to how he would’ve found me since my page is super private, my username isn’t specific at all to my real name and I have 40 followers. He explains he’s so and so’s friend and we end up speaking and have great banter, we seem to really get along through text, it’s hard for me to keep up a consistent convo through text so I’m excited and we plan to meet up.

We catch up to hang out and he offers me a drag from his spliff, I take a few drags and after a little while can tell it was a mistake. I smoke semi regularly but it hit me very differently this time around. We’re in his car driving around and he proceeds to ask me questions and we talk.

I study justice so he’s telling me how he’s an ex con and is out on parole yet still engages in illegal activities, then goes on about how women lie about s*xual assault 99% of the time, that’s when I freak. he makes a comment about how high I am then jokes about robbing me and leaving me in a ditch, at this point I start to get really scared. He keeps asking if anyone knows I’m with him, who I live with, how much money I make & how much I have on me etc. Just weird questions. I was under the influence (big mistake) so my reaction IMO was much more extreme. I was scared and wanted to jump out of the car, the undertone of the convo was very off. My perception was exacerbated by drugs but safe to say I was genuinely scared.

I hid my unease and tried to convince him to pull over somewhere so I could be around people and also so he wasn’t DUI, he didn’t want to and kept driving but after 20 mins of convincing him that I felt sick and needed to sit down, we pulled up to a restaurant.

I get out of the car and start walking ahead of him up to the restaurant as he’s taking a phone call. I go up to 3 women and say as to not cause a scene “I’m really scared, can you help me and pretend to know me” they catch on and can see I’m upset. I sit with them, he catches up with me after his call and the women start telling him they know me and my mum wants me home, he says he’ll take me home but they are very firm. He addresses me quite angrily and asks “who does your mum think your with?” The owner gets aware and told him to leave and he ended up leaving.

I felt guilty since I had gotten along with him and he’d taken the time to see me, I’m not 100% sure if I was in danger and if I could’ve stuck through it and left amicably instead of unintentionally causing a bit of a scene which was embarrassing not only for him but also me. I tried to have tact in the situation and didn’t have the confidence to be straight forward but wonder if in hindsight it would’ve been better to tell him I was uncomfortable and wanted to leave.

:stare:

"Did I do the wrong thing by getting the gently caress away from a creep?"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA , Girlfriend mad I told her she looks like a pig

Powerful own-goal energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Why didn't people obey the German who demands obedience and to be called by a title, v problematic