Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I been having an itch to play but I only have Heavensward (I haven't played since 2015 I think?), if I buy the latest expansion when it gets released will it include Stormblood?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sirbloody posted:

I been having an itch to play but I only have Heavensward (I haven't played since 2015 I think?), if I buy the latest expansion when it gets released will it include Stormblood?

Yes.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bremma posted:

Yeah, look like 3GB so might be most of it? Hoping it is so I can ensure everything is downloaded before the morning.

It's 7.5 GB for me (PC, not Steam)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So, me and my girlfriend always played WoW together for expansion launches, doing quests together in a party. We've both quit WoW because it's bad now, how does questing in a party work for XIV? Or would it just be kind of pointless?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

So, me and my girlfriend always played WoW together for expansion launches, doing quests together in a party. We've both quit WoW because it's bad now, how does questing in a party work for XIV? Or would it just be kind of pointless?

Pretty much the same unless it's a solo duty (usually class quests or really important main story quests)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

even if there becomes a level gap you'll always be able to party together for dungeons and other duty finder content because of how level scaling works, and anything else you're required to do can be soloed. if you're both tanks or you're both healers you won't be able to queue into four-man content, though.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

It's happening.bmp

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I've never thought this was a great game for leveling together tbh, you can do it but you'll be breaking up for solo duties pretty regularly. Its not really the same experience as leveling in WoW or whatever. The FF14 tradeoff being its no big deal if one person outlevels the other since all the instances have level sync

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SirSamVimes posted:

Super pointless. You'll run to the same town, talk to people, have your own cutscene, run to an area, disband the group to have a solo encounter, and then continue.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's still fun to do and discuss things as they happen with a friend/partner imho

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

SirSamVimes posted:

Would like to hear why you think WoW is bad now. I too recently started playing it again because BfA sounded cool. Finally, Horde v Alliance. The game still looks like it's in 2009 though, and I can't really get over it.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

The best option is to play at the same time for the most part, but stop and do dungeons or trials together. This means if someone gets ahead its not too big a deal as there's regular stopping points during the story for whoever's behind to catch up.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hogama posted:

Just thought I'd mention that the story skip actually unlocks EVERY dungeon up to the level of the skip; you don't have to go hunting for blue crosses to queue for Amdapor Keep (Hard) with the ARR skip, or Saint Mocianne's Arboretum with the HW skip.

I got the ARR skip a few weeks ago and it did not unlock things like Ampador Hard, any raids, and a few other dungeon hardmodes. It did unlock most stuff, though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The downloader is serving me both Stormblood and Shadowbringers since I only had ARR/Heavensward. Looks like everything is going at this point.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Looks like word spread pretty quickly that it's back up since my download speed has cratered.

drat..now I'm getting the unable to download patch files error.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Preload for PS4 done. Time to go to sleep so I can play first thing in the morning! Vacation time!

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Vadoc posted:

Looks like word spread pretty quickly that it's back up since my download speed has cratered.

drat..now I'm getting the unable to download patch files error.

It seems to get a lot better once the "ex2" finishes downloading, I had a bunch of crashes getting to that point but since it started on "ex3" it's been a pretty steady speed with no crashes. Just have to keep trying it seems.

Edit: Finished just a bit after that.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 28, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Can't get stuck on Raubahn ex if you can't patch.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's done now, served me up 15 gigs in like 45 minutes. Hopefully more people are having that sort of experience than the errors.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Would like to hear why you think WoW is bad now. I too recently started playing it again because BfA sounded cool. Finally, Horde v Alliance. The game still looks like it's in 2009 though, and I can't really get over it.

A) The story/characters have got really dumb.
B) The existence of Artifact Power has added a new thing to grind to keep up to date which contributes to the game feeling like a job if I want to raid competitively. This is made even worse by the titanforging mechanic.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

It seems to get a lot better once the "ex2" finishes downloading, I had a bunch of crashes getting to that point but since it started on "ex3" it's been a pretty steady speed with no crashes. Just have to keep trying it seems.

Yeah, it's working fine now for me after I deleted a particular patch folder. Or maybe they fixed something on their end while I was doing that, it wouldn't be an expansion patch release without everyone slamming into it at the same time.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

I got the ARR skip a few weeks ago and it did not unlock things like Ampador Hard, any raids, and a few other dungeon hardmodes. It did unlock most stuff, though.
I'd recheck my alt if I could right now, but I know I had way more optional dungeons than just the required MSQ stuff.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Looking forward to throwing open the gates. Just gotta get home and patch before the servers launch.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I wish people could hack the Gibson and get me some song rips, I want to hear that song from the trailer without people talking over it to see what it's like.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Datamining is well underway. Here's a freebie: Titania has weapons.

Duty icon spoilers:
https://imgur.com/a/6StWBm7

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hogama posted:

I'd recheck my alt if I could right now, but I know I had way more optional dungeons than just the required MSQ stuff.

a lot of the optionals are unlocked, but some aren't. it seems to be the stuff that was added late since it's stuff like Ampador Hard and Hullbreaker hard

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Did the PBC photoshoot pictures get posted yet? I saw some from individuals, but if the official ones were posted I missed them.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

imo that's exactly what's bad about it. After fifteen years there not a lot you can do to keep things fresh. I think the last time I stuck around past the first raid dungeon in a xpac was in cata

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

The story is less about the Horde vs Alliance and more about the Horde rebelling against their evil warchief and the Alliance helps out, again. Also Old Gods.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
holy yikes tank complexity got fuckin rocked

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't know about the others, but PLD gained more than it lost imo.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Flavahbeast posted:

After fifteen years

Jesus Christ.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hogama posted:

Duty icon spoilers:

big ol HMMMMMMMM on that last one.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

KoB posted:

big ol HMMMMMMMM on that last one.

lol yeah

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

I tried this with some friends back in... TBC, maybe? and it was bad. FF14 does it better than wow in that the level sync system is a lot more robust, so if you go do FATEs or whatever, you can't outlevel your partner. same for dungeons. you can also switch jobs more or less at will so if you want to play on your own you're not leaving her in the dust. that said, the game doesn't go out of its way to support it, especially the solo duties in the MSQ, etc.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't know about the others, but PLD gained more than it lost imo.

drk lost like half of its buttons, war burst window now looks even simpler, and gunbreaker doesn't look super complex either

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hogama posted:

Duty icon spoilers:

Please no more freebies. Not a call out or intended disrespect. I just don't want anybody getting antsy.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

drk lost like half of its buttons, war burst window now looks even simpler, and gunbreaker doesn't look super complex either

Going by the Job Guide DRK lost 7 actions and gained 7 actions*, not counting role actions. So more of a wash? Main thing is no more double weaving Dark Arts.

*Though more like 5 actions since the X of Shadow skills upgrade the X of Darkness skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Yep, tanks the already easiest to play role got even easier in ShB.