Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good job supporting anti union collaborators.

Don't worry, there's a guillotine in the castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I know everyone's going to be on that Super MM2 train, but I started playing Slay the Spire for the first time the other night. Game is pretty fantastic, already sucked 9 hours out of my life. On my 10th run I beat it for the first time with the Ironclad character, looking forward to trying out the other characters.

Speaking of card games, been waiting for Steamworld Quest to hit the $20 mark :smith:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good job supporting anti union collaborators.

i need mario's maker 2 but also need to believe that the guillotine building DLC will be less than $10 :negative:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don't worry, there's a guillotine in the castle.

o poo poo. dont tease :argh:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Asking for a friend, did Bloodstained on Switch get a patch that fixed its day 1 problems? I don’t own it but there was supposedly a progression bug or something?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Asking for a friend, did Bloodstained on Switch get a patch that fixed its day 1 problems? I don’t own it but there was supposedly a progression bug or something?

No not yet and it's killing me.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

kicking myself for not buying doom during the most recent $30 or whatever sale :negative:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Friends, there is a real good doggo in Super Mario Maker 2, if you were on the fence.

I am not far enough in the campaign yet to say definitively whether or not you can pet him.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'll just play other people's levels until I get bored since I don't really have any ideas for my own. I spent what little creativity I had in MM1.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Wow Virtua Racing really owns, especially in cockpit view. I would pay full price for a game just like this but with way more tracks and cars. It just feels so good and fast.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Wildtortilla posted:

No not yet and it's killing me.
Isn't that what 1.01 is all about?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

yo does anyone have a recommendation for a case that holds the console, an extra pair of joy cons, and some games without feeling like closing it is damaging the joy cons?
the zelda special edition would be perfect if the mesh compartment was zippered rather than the weird side mesh.
if it somehow fit a pro controller, that would also be ace, but not demanded

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I hope the Switch mini rumours are bs. The thing’s small enough already if anything i’d want a bigger Switch with a chunkier battery and larger screen

I suspect it won't actually be that much smaller than the original - it can't be if they want to keep text legible, keep battery life from turning to crap, and keep compatibility with the existing dock. I'm sure there will be some size reduction just from getting rid of joycon rails, but I don't think size reduction will be the top priority. I think it's more about getting a cheaper, more durable version for families to buy their kids.

But if you're looking for an upgrade, it's definitely not going to be for you. The rumors of a "pro" variant started fading just as the rumors of the "mini" variant started heating up, so it sounds like a "pro" variant has been postponed for a while or was never actually close to production in the first place. Maybe next year we'll get something, I could see them wanting to put out a new-and-improved version to steal some of the thunder back from the PS5 and Xbox One Two 720 Four and a Half.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I can carry a extra set of Joycons, a charger, and an HDMI cable and I've never felt like I'm pushing the Zelda case much. I'd probably be leery of putting it in luggage, but tossing it into a backpack with the dock to take to a friend's place seems fine.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

The progression bug has been fixed with the day 1 patch on the Switch (v1.01). The game is still buggy and poorly optimized however, and those issues will be addressed with future patches.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Shadow225 posted:

yo does anyone have a recommendation for a case that holds the console, an extra pair of joy cons, and some games without feeling like closing it is damaging the joy cons?
the zelda special edition would be perfect if the mesh compartment was zippered rather than the weird side mesh.
if it somehow fit a pro controller, that would also be ace, but not demanded

Satisfye elite case

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Weedle posted:

Wow Virtua Racing really owns, especially in cockpit view. I would pay full price for a game just like this but with way more tracks and cars. It just feels so good and fast.

It's great and makes me want DAAAAAAAYTONAAAAAAAAA to get this treatment next.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

90s Sega arcade racing game aesthetic is the loving best

https://twitter.com/hairofthewolf/status/1138275279909076992

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Weedle posted:

wait is this finally released in the USA

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the game's look is perfect for switch and can run at 60fps and the cowards who don't design around that style are exactly that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Weedle posted:

Its unfortunate that the Virtua Racing release will get absolutely overshadowed by Super Mario Maker 2, but yeah, its a fantastic game, runs perfectly and has 8(!) player multiplayer if you have enough Joycons

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I bought Virtua Racing online at work yesterday so it was ready and downloaded when I got home, but a storm hit right when I left work and knocked the power out for the entirety of the night. <:mad:>

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

T-Square posted:

I bought Virtua Racing online at work yesterday so it was ready and downloaded when I got home, but a storm hit right when I left work and knocked the power out for the entirety of the night. <:mad:>

Use the switch handheld and tethered to your phone for the download. Do the needful

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Blotto_Otter posted:

I suspect it won't actually be that much smaller than the original - it can't be if they want to keep text legible, keep battery life from turning to crap, and keep compatibility with the existing dock. I'm sure there will be some size reduction just from getting rid of joycon rails, but I don't think size reduction will be the top priority. I think it's more about getting a cheaper, more durable version for families to buy their kids.

But if you're looking for an upgrade, it's definitely not going to be for you. The rumors of a "pro" variant started fading just as the rumors of the "mini" variant started heating up, so it sounds like a "pro" variant has been postponed for a while or was never actually close to production in the first place. Maybe next year we'll get something, I could see them wanting to put out a new-and-improved version to steal some of the thunder back from the PS5 and Xbox One Two 720 Four and a Half.

I want a switch mega. Make it the size of an iPad or bigger. Listen to me Nintendo I know what I'm doing.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Kyoujin posted:

Cadence of Hyrule is way too addictive. Played through as Link then Zelda and only died once on 2nd playthrough since the death shop had a spear and heart. Been trying permadeath and keep dying before I can get decent equipment.

Randomed Cadence once and did really well surprisingly. Thought I was going all the way and then died on Octavo. Is there any way to dodge his purple attack without Zelda? My equipment was glass and obsidian so I got boned.

You can actually charge though them, because projectiles actually teleport in Hyruledancer/Necrodancer. For reference, see this boss guide.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Terraria is $30 lol gently caress that. Xbone and PS4 were $20 at release and PC is $10 but currently on sale for $5. Publishers have figured out that Switch fans are credulous saps that will pay ludicrous premiums over other platforms. The game doesn't even have local co-op so you're paying more for less content.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

ShortStack posted:

We don’t get the Link’s Awakening steelbook either :smith:

neither did anyone in the uk because the pre-orders went live at 2am and the colonials snapped them all up. :argh:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Use the switch handheld and tethered to your phone for the download. Do the needful

i had no internet for the whole month of may, just my phone data and discovering you could do this with a phone in 2019 (so i could get gb tetris theme) suddenly made the switch that much sweeter, i go the park now in a morning and play online mk8.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So when SMM2 was shown off at E3, I didn't realize that we were getting both 3D World and NSMBU pallettes. I thought it was just NSMBU. I loving love the aesthetic of 3D world.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
How actually playable is Bloodstained, i can live with the occasional FPS drop and lower rez textures for a bit if it's getting patches. But if the performance issues are unplayably bad i might hold off a couple weeks.

Basically its hard to find out what's a real problem and what's Angry Nerd Hyperbole right now!!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Beastie posted:

So when SMM2 was shown off at E3, I didn't realize that we were getting both 3D World and NSMBU pallettes. I thought it was just NSMBU. I loving love the aesthetic of 3D world.

I thought 3D world replaced New Supe?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Tiger Millionaire posted:

How actually playable is Bloodstained, i can live with the occasional FPS drop and lower rez textures for a bit if it's getting patches. But if the performance issues are unplayably bad i might hold off a couple weeks.

Basically its hard to find out what's a real problem and what's Angry Nerd Hyperbole right now!!

You'll probably find it playable enough, I've only had the game crash on me once within the 2-3 hours I've played of it. I hear the framerate drops to almost single digits towards the end of the game, but for now I think there's some enjoyment to have with the version that's currently out. There is a slight input lag that's kind of irritating in some parts.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

golden bubble posted:

You can actually charge though them, because projectiles actually teleport in Hyruledancer/Necrodancer. For reference, see this boss guide.

Thanks! Kept trying to sidestep or shield those. Got my first permadeath win on daily challenge yesterday. Link gets that 3 damage longsword so Octavo died fast . Now to try without OP gear.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
3D world is its own thing. It is separate from the other themes and has its own items and gimmicks.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cojawfee posted:

3D world is its own thing. It is separate from the other themes and has its own items and gimmicks.

And it blows New Super Mario Bros U out of the water. I know I'm not alone with this sentiment, but seeing the two pallettes right next to eachother really drives home much much care went into 3D World's design.

Port that game! I loved 3d Land on DS but never had the WiiU counterpart.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Some kinda giant port of combined 3D Land and World

Really is it's own thing compared to Oydessy and the NSMB games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

3D World is wonderful and needs a Switch port ASAP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man mario maker owns

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Virtua Racing owns and Bloodstained feels like dogshit on the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Vikar Jerome posted:

neither did anyone in the uk because the pre-orders went live at 2am and the colonials snapped them all up. :argh:

I got the steelbook edition with a blue rupee lamp from Nintendo's online store, consider me lucky honestly.